Start by marking “The Fall (Cherub, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Fall (Cherub, #7)

The Fall

(CHERUB #7)

When an MI5 mission goes disastrously wrong, James Adams needs all of his skills to get out of Russia alive.

Meanwhile, his sister Lauren is on her first solo mission trying to uncover a brutal human trafficking operation.

And when James does get home, he finds that his nightmare is just beginning.
Published March 15th 2007 by Hodder Children's (first published April 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fall

Kauri Tree
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Why I decided to read this book:
At first I was a bit reluctant to read this novel because my friend said it was the saddest book in the series. However, I couldn't not read the book because then, I knew I wouldn't be able to carry on reading the rest of the series.

Category:
This book was part of the 'a book with a male main character' category. I think that this category was interesting for me because it was a male perspective, which made me realise that the think differently from a female/me.

Fav
Ed
May 04, 2017 added it
Really good book throughout
Always Reading
Inhalt

Ein neuer Auftrag führt James nach Russland – und endet in einem Desaster: Der Hauptverdächtige wird erschossen und James gerät in die Hände russischer Verbrecher, die ihn übel misshandeln. Zwar kommt er frei – erstaunlicherweise mithilfe der CIA. Doch sein Scheitern hat bittere Folgen, denn James wird von allen weiteren Missionen suspendiert! Der CHERUB-Agent versteht die Welt nicht mehr: Spielt etwa sein Vorgesetzter Ewart ein falsches Spiel mit ihm? James ermittelt auf eigene Faust und
CJ
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-2-week-books
A great book to end the quarter with! One again, Robert Muchamore delivers another great addition to the CHERUB series. A great read that I enjoyed from start to finish.
Eric Metcalf
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think the theme is good things come when you are patient. In the book James is waiting for something to come and when it does nothing bad happens.
Hafizh Rudiana
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like this book, but I think it needs more action. I like the starting when James was in Russia doing his mission until he got suspended, might’ve even got expelled. The highlights were when James was in Russia, Lauren on her first solo mission and when James was trying to uncover the truth. Others were his personal problems.
Catherine Muldoon
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Human trafficking is a global problem and one of the world's most shameful crimes which 'The Fall' concentrates on as Lauren's first solo mission. The book's main focus is the relationships between the different characters with Lauren (James' younger sister) paired off with the Russian girl Anna. James interaction with the other characters has expanded including training with Bruce Norris and red shirt Kevin Sumner as well as taking more interest in Dana Smith and starting an unexpected relation ...more
Jeremy Segal
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the book The Fall by Robert Muchamore, James Adams has almost been killed undercover in Russia and now he might be kicked of the organization he works for. James is a part of a secret British organization called Cherub, it is made up of smart orphan kids, who can go undercover to gain information for the British government. James thinks that an ex-Cherub is trying to kick him out of Cherub, so James must follow the ex-Cherub to catch him in the act of working with the wrong people. I think th ...more
Bford7
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
James Adams is in Russia on a mission when something goes terribly wrong. Nobody knows if he'll make it out alive. Meanwhile, Lauren is on her first solo mission trying to uncover a human-trafficking agency. She has always been brave, but this mission is scaring her. She wants to make sure that nobody gets hurt. But when she was so close to getting the victim safe, something horrible happens. Lauren has a plan that will almost certainly go as planned. But when she gets a pat-down, Lauren only ha ...more
Lazybee
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't think this book is for the kids. The complexity and epicness is off the charts. Dana is epic.
Tyler Chang
The best books are books that can relate to real life. In the book “Cherub the Fall” by Robert Muchamore, he gets the reader to really think about the problems with the world.

I was wishing a lot of things while reading the book Cherub The Fall. One thing I wished was that I could live the life of James Adams. I would want to live his life, because he gets to go on all of these secret missions for the government. Although sometimes he gets hurt in these missions, but the missions that he goes on
Karen Barber
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
James is still an annoying sex-obsessed cliche and it is a recurring theme in this book, but these moments are dropped in through the book so can be ignored.
The novel merges a number of strands. James is caught in a difficult position when he is stranded in Russia after the operation he is on goes wrong. Thinking on his feet he manages to escape the clutches of a Russian gang leader and, thanks to the intervention of a CIA agent who admired his earlier work, James lives to fight another day.
Laur
Atlas
Jan 05, 2019 added it
I like the later books because the main characters get older, but also because Muchamore becomes a bit more creative with the missions and characters. In this one, James has a mission go wrong and then Lauren gets her own, interesting, solo mission
NoConforto Dos Livros
"Enfim, é um volume que vai consolar aqueles que adoram o ambiente no campus (assim como eu); de certeza que não se irão arrepender!"
16RoweD
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really interesting book that fits in with the series. I particularly enjoyed the plot twists and I thought the the character dynamics were very interesting.
Cal
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In The Fall by Robert Muchamoore a teenage spy named Alex has his mission compromised in Russia and his fellow agent, and sister, is captured by human traffickers. With both of them missing, Cherub is on the brink of stopping all child spy missions.

Human trafficking is one of the biggest issues for girls in third world countries. When young girls are taken from their orphanages and forced to have sex with older men, it's very hard to return the girls to their home and shut down the brothel. When
Marta Santos
Robert Muchamore é sem dúvida o escritor perfeito para pequenos leitores que gostam de aventuras. Os livros são viciantes e têm sempre alguma novidade.
Este 7º livro da saga não se foca na missão, mas no pós missão e é isso que nos traz de novo. Os protagonistas estão mais velhos e, por isso, têm mais responsabilidades - mas nem por isso deixam de ser aventureiros e meter-se em asneiras.
Gostei mesmo muito deste livro!
Heidi
Aug 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
16lawf
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I think it needs more action. I like the start when James was in Russia and the action that he got involved in there, and when he got back he got suspended from missions, maybe expelled from them. After that though, there is nearly no action and it’s just all his personal problems stretching over the last 100 pages or so.
Adam Prescott
Feb 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Like all the other CHERUB books it is entertaining and humourous but, unfortunately, there isn't really a coherent story line and nothing much happens in the story with regards to character development. An unfortunate disappointment.
Christian
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fantastic book, with twists and turns every chapter. I was on the edge of my seat as I read every single page. This is a great book I recommend to anyone who enjoys action, adventure, and suspense!!
Jack
Jan 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series that starts with the book The Recruit. It is a great book to read for anybody who enjoys the Alex Rider series by Anothony Horowitz.
16SprowsonO
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of action and always wants you to read more and has new scenes happening every chapter. I would recommend this book to teenagers and maybe adults as there is some bad language.
David Liu
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
Da BeSt bOoK eVeR WrItTeN
Alex (Briennai)
Nov 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
The overall storyline was rather interesting. Uncovering a human trafficking operation where people were selling orphans into the business was an interesting premise. But I digress, there were deep problems lying within this book.

James has always been an iffy character for me. He has shown both good and bad qualities throughout the series, but I thought that in the last few books that he had started to settle down. I thought that he had stopped floating from girl to girl and treating them all l
Trevor Fong
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Natalie
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 / 5

This was such a great installment in the Cherub series, and I loved the themes present throughout, and the multiple storylines (and perspectives) happening throughout.

The focus on Lauren's mission was incredible, and even though it was not a pleasant topic (human trafficking never is), I felt that it was really realistic and portrayed the very real issues in a well thought-out and sensitive way, neither diminishing the struggles of the poor girls taken from their homes and sold into slave
Saucy Sean (Hwang)
The Fall is the 7th book of the CHERUB series, written by Robert Muchamore. In the series, we follow the main protagonist James and his friends, who are part of a division of MI5, known as CHERUB. Officially, CHERUB does not exist, due to the fact that they use children. In The Fall, James is carrying out a mission in a city in Russia called Aero City with 2 senior MI5 agents. Then the mission goes wrong, the 2 senior agents are killed and James is placed under investigation. Meanwhile, James' ...more
Theo Braithwaite
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone at or above the age of 15.
Amy Robson
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dialogue in The Fall 2 4 Dec 03, 2015 11:05AM
  • By Royal Command (Young Bond, #5)
  • Revenge (Jimmy Coates, #3)
  • Black Gold (Alpha Force, #9)
  • Aftershock (H.I.V.E., #7)
  • Blood Ties (Blood Ties, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • I Know What You Did Last Wednesday (Diamond Brothers, #6)
Robert Muchamore was born in Islington, London in 1972. He still lives there, and worked as a private investigator up until 2005 and the critically-accepted release of Maximum Security.

The Hunger Games phenomenon is part of the huge YA / Children's book explosion that has grown, thanks to the British Rat pack of YA authors, Anthony Horowitz, Robert Muchamore, Joe Craig and Charlie Higson. We owe

CHERUB (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Recruit (Cherub, #1)
  • Class A (Cherub, #2)
  • Maximum Security (Cherub, #3)
  • The Killing (Cherub, #4)
  • Divine Madness (Cherub, #5)
  • Man vs. Beast (Cherub, #6)
  • Mad Dogs (Cherub, #8)
  • The Sleepwalker (Cherub, #9)
  • The General (Cherub, #10)
  • Brigands M.C. (Cherub, #11)
“What happens when an irresistible force hits an immovable object?” 1 likes
“James couldn’t help smiling: Bruce Clark was a shy eleven-year-old who wouldn’t harm a fly. Bruce Norris was a campus karate champion who would probably enjoy harming the fly and then go after its brothers and sisters for the hell of it.” 0 likes