Start by marking “DEATH OF A LIE: Turning modern day history upside down” as Want to Read:
DEATH OF A LIE: Turning modern day history upside down

DEATH OF A LIE: Turning modern day history upside down

1944, and a Lend-Lease B-25 with its Soviet aircrew falls from the sky above Timişoara, Romania. Andrei Bălcescu, while camping out that night on his father’s smallholding, finds a battered folder amidst the plane’s wreckage.

Fifty years later, Andrei’s adopted son, Lucian, rediscovers the folder and its eight pages of encrypted material in a garden shed. He visits a chil
Published August 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about DEATH OF A LIE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DEATH OF A LIE

Start your review of DEATH OF A LIE: Turning modern day history upside down
Rosie Amber
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller

Death Of A Lie is a thriller set mainly in Romania.

The story opens towards the end of World War Two with an aeroplane crash. Andrei and a friend were camping when a plane crashed nearby, and they picked up scattered paperwork from the crash and kept it as treasure. The story then moves forward fifty years; Romania is an unsettled country, with high inflation and riots. Andrei’s son, Lucian, rediscovers the papers from the plane crash in the garden shed. They have
Todd Simpson
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful piece of writing that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was already a fan of Peter Harper after reading ‘Cascade’, which is a great story and well worth a read. I like that this story was unpredictable, and certainly entertaining. Shani and Nicolas were my favourite characters, however there are plenty of other great characters in the book.
Andrei and his friend were quite surprised when they were out on the farm playing in 1944 when a Soviet plane crashed in the field in front of
Ann
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absorbing story well written. I was drawn in right from the start, slowly at first then picking up the pace until I was rapidly turning the pages. The author makes the characters come to life so you share their feelings.

We start in 1944 with a plane crash in Rumania and a discovery of a file by Andrei and Rodica, two children planning on camping. They decided to hide this in a barn. In later years Lucien, Andrei's adopted son discovers the file and tries to find the answers to the secrets it
John Mccormick
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
My thanks to the Author publishers and BookSirens for providing me with a Kindle version of this book to read and honestly review.
This is an absorbing entertaining well written story, unique from my point of view, in over 45 years of reading books I cannot recall one mainly set in Roumania, and no less enjoyable for that. Quality characterization throughout in particular our spunky heroine, secretive descriptive with a real feel of tension at times.
Recommended.
Angel
marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2019

• San Diego Dead (Jake Wolfe #4)
  • Sword of Kings (The Saxon Stories, #12)
  • Invitation to a Cornish Christmas
  • The Truth Behind Their Practical Marriage
  • Murder at the Columbarium
  • The Siberian Dilemma (Arkady Renko #9)
  • A Midsummer Knight's Kiss
  • Joyland
  • Junglenomics: Nature's Solutions to the World Environment Crisis: a New Paradigm for the 21st Century & Beyond
  • Taming My Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #6)
  • The Victory Garden
  • Lords of Scandal
  • Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers Book 5)
  • Tempting Mr. Townsend (Dashing Widows, #2)
  • Parallel Attraction (Midnight Warriors, #1)
  • Reckless (Black Thorns, #1)
  • The Seduction of Lord Stone (Dashing Widows, #1)
  • Soulless (Black Thorns, #2)