Start by marking “Dark Water (Academy's Rise Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Water (Academy's Rise Trilogy #2)

Dark Water

(Academy's Rise Trilogy #2)

As firstborn, my sister, Meda, will be High Alpha to all the lycans and vampires in the world—The Collective. She’s just found her mates and one of the three is heir to a huge witch Circle, which will one day unite the three major paranormal races.

I dodged a major bullet there. Thank Lucifer. I’m not a leader. I’m not someone to look up to. I like to do my own thing and
Published September 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dark Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Water

Start your review of Dark Water (Academy's Rise Trilogy #2)
Renée
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Water is the second book in the Academy’s Rise series by L.A. Boruff and Lia Davies, which is a reverse harem academy story. This story is action packed and steamy.

This story follows Tala, who is the second of the triplet sisters to the High Alpha of the Lycans and King of the Vampires and elemental power is water and has a bonus power of having visions.

Once again the sisters lives are never boring, and this time Tala is on her own discovery of her mates as each enters her life. Kevin is
Cali Jewel
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heart racing, action packed, sexy, engaging and emotionally thrilling adventure filled with danger, secrets, magical creatures, exciting charters, unforgettable witty banter and undeniable passion.... was a great read from beginning to end. Really enjoyed this journey and look forward to more!
Julie Jackson
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for SNS

Tala’s story really drew me in. When her mates enter the picture, things are explosive. The story continues with the evil and danger this entire group faces. Tala and her mates are key. Acceptance and Love will carry you. Excellent writing.
Jennifer G
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the firstborn triplet, Meda will be High Alpha. Tala as the middle triplet feels immensely grateful for their birth order. It's enough being one of the hybrid triplets of the High Alpha. She has no desire to lead. It's not in her nature! All Tala wants is to have some fun during her college years. Instead, She and her sisters are facing a demonic threat, it looks like she has three mates of her own, and something is seriously wrong with he magic! Nothing like a challenge.

I will say it again.
Claire Cronin
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in this Academy's Rise series, and I enjoyed this one more than book 1, it is grittier and has more oomph in the story line that I connected better with!

Tala is the middle sister in the triplets, and very thankful she was not born first have the responsibility that Meda has. Tala is a water elemental as well as hybrid vampire/lycan and and empath to boot. She has to wall off her emotions and that of other people due to her empathic abilities, which makes her appear cold and ca
Ann
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Tala is the second of the triplets born to the High Alpha. She doesn't have all the responsibilities of her oldest sister (who is the future High Alpha), but she's still an alpha in her own right. When she has a vision of death and destruction befalling her family and The Collective, she's all about trying to avert the disaster. She doesn't have time for one mate, let alone three. But that's what she now has and it's gonna take everyone working together to stop the danger and kill the baddies... ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I am beyond excited that I signed up to read and review this book in advance- it is so good! The first book was enjoyable in setting up the world, but this one lets you in even more and gives you more of an idea what is going on and it is freaking crazy! These triplets are more than what even they know and it is intense!

I adored Tala, she has a darkness inside of her, but if you could feel what others were feeling, there is a chance that you would as well. Also her water magic i
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
You must read Hell Fire before you start Dark Water.

The Academy's Rise series is such an addictive series! Dark Water started right where Hell Fire left off. I am stalking for info on Dead Air. I need it now after that ending!

This book kept me on my toes from start to finish. I devoured it in just a few short hours. It is filled with mystery, magic, hot sexual tension, and a family dynamic that you just cannot get enough with just a few short chapters.

Tala is the middle triplet and may not be
Denise Van plew
I was a happy reader when I seen I could read this one since I wanted to see where this went next. From the beginning this trilogy had me wrapped around it taken into their world with their characters.
The next sister Tala has her story brought to light with the excitement for her already building. Like her sisters she has her own place with her also discovering her mates. We are also given some of the best support for this one from some favorite characters. Her element is interesting with
Terri
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Water: A Collective World Novel (Academy's Rise Book 2) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
by Lia Davis & L.A. Boruff 5 Stars

******** May Contain Some Spoilers ********

I will try my absolute best to keep spoilers to a minimum or completely out of my review. Sometimes it can be hard to do so.

They did it again. Book 2 of this series is just as captivating as book 1. Love 💘 this book.
Debitch Calista is up to evil crap again. You will find out who her parents are in this b
Missy Brown
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book two of the Academy's Rise Trilogy is just as engaging and action packed as book one. These two authors together definitely know what they are doing. How fun that this series is about triplets and each one gets their own book. This one is about the middle sister Tala. She is so thankful that she is not the one born to lead. She is a water elemental, vampire/lycan hybrid and alittle something extra. She gets to meet her mates in this book, as well as dealing with a lot on the side. A war is c ...more
Robin
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tala is the second born triplet to the high alpha pairing. Her world has gone crazy since Callista showed up in their dorm, first going after Meda and since Meda went into mating heat if you will it had a snowball effect. She and Randall has already had a friends with benefits relationship, then she meets Fenton and a Kevin her other two mates. Surprises and angst are filled literally throughout and guess what I absolutely loved this story too. Check it out for an emotional roller coaster ride.< ...more
Lory
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this series just keep getting better and better!!! If you thought book one in this series was good book two took it up a notch. I felt like book one gave us a good setting up of the world, but book 2 took it further and let me tell you it's crazy. So if you thought you knew what the triplets were capable of I hate to break it to you. You haven't seen nothing yet. I can't wait to see what else is in store for this series. I voluntarily read and review this ARC no monetary compensation was rec ...more
Patti
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating: 4.5

Book 2 of a series, I recommend reading in order although this author does a great job bringing a reader to speed if you haven’t. The storyline does contain reverse harem scenarios as well as adult content, so this is easy to recommend to readers who seek out hot and spicy within pages. I enjoy that this author does not cookie cutter her characters, they all have their individual quirks ! These triplets are quite unique and find the potential mates truly bring even
Hsu Lee
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
Tala is the middle child of triplets.
Meda, her older sister, will be the alpha.
She is glad that she is not the oldest. She does not want the job.
Now she just have to figure out what to do with the mating call.
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Deb Le
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is even better than the first book in the series. Tala is such a great charactere, and her story in this book is great - hilarious at times, touching at others.... with a ton of suspense thrown in too. I love seeing Lucifer in a different light too. The addition of the hell hound is wonderful. I also loved exploring the relationship between the triplets more, and getting to see more of Ami.
Breen Rdz
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“First of all I must said that I absolutely loved this book! Dark Water was a unique story! The plot and the characters were simply marvelous. Tala’s story was something exceptional. I adore her character. Her water powers/magic were phenomenal! A unique reverse harem paranormal story. You definitely must read it! I highly recommend you to read the previous one or you’ll miss lots of background story.”
Roseanna
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow. In this installment Tala meets her mates, defeat a thorn in the sisters side, and unleashes crazy without even knowing it. The story line is not over, the epilogue was proof of that. I didn’t guess Calista who Calista’s parents are, but I guess it makes sense. I do wonder how Kevin will deal with what’s to come. Is he a sleeper in waiting? Or just have the misfortune of all misfortune. Can’t wait for Ami’s book.
Deja
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book I loved Meda but truth be told I was secretly waiting for Tala's book and it did not disappoint. I loved this book from beginning to end it had everything I could've asked for in a second book. I must say that after Coven's End I didn't really think it could get any better after this book I won't be saying that it will definitely be an amazing end to this trilogy, and I cannot wait to see how it all ends.
Stacy Van cise
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And the story deepens

This is the second book in this series. The story feels different than the first book. Meda mating took center stage in book 1 but here Tala's mating takes almost a back seat to what is happening. It is a good book, worth a read if your a fan of either writer or the subject.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley Carr, LSoR
I love, love this story!! I am on a kick with the RH books and I love them. In my experience this is your typical RH book geared toward the PNR readers but that is where it ends. I freaking love Tala and her cool water magic! She is the middle sister of the triplets and finds her soulmates in the story. Once again they all have to fight a demonic presence that just keeps coming back. I’m really looking forward to Ami’s book. I highly, highly recommend this book!!
Anne Richardson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an exciting entertaining read.
Magic,demons, plenty of mates for Lucifers granddaughters Tala,Ami and Meda.
Loved the characters and storyline couldn’t put it down.
Voluntary reviewed this book
Theresa Wesley
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not see that ending coming. What a reveal! The triplets are coming into their own and must learn more about themselves and their power to fight what is coming. Tala is discovering her mates and all that she can do. I enjoyed this growing story and look forward to the continuation.
Susanne
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These two doesnt dissapoint at all! Book #2 in this series, and they’r still going strong! The sister has a totally different view of things than her older sister, but damn!!!! Fantastic - I can’t wait for the last one in the series! What an ending.....
Brandi
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the contiutation of the triplet's story.

Tala, water elemental, realizes one of her guards is her mate. Then come two others and a big suprise.

Meanwhile Calista is still on the loose.

I can't wait for Ami's story!
Debi
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly!

The second book in this trilogy has proven to be an amazing addition to this series! The ending was very unexpected but it's going to make Ann awesome finish for three series. Can't wait for three next book.
Mary Murlin
Oct 02, 2019
Janne
Sep 26, 2019
Donna Hokanson
Sep 30, 2019

• Ruthless as Hell (The Demon Academy #2)
  • The Darkest Fall
  • Wrapped in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #1)
  • Stupid Boys (Stupid Boys, #1)
  • Eyes in the Darkness (Coveted #1)
  • Bourbon and Bears: Bad Alpha Dads (Shifters and Sins Book 3)
  • Magical Mischief (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #1)
  • Of Fate and Fortune (Arcane Arts Academy, #4)
  • Pursued (The Swamp, #2)
  • Magical Mistake (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #2)
  • Bite Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #3)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • Sapphire (Jewels Cafe #2)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Institute of Supernaturals: Savage Collects (Institute of Supernaturals #2)
  • Unicorn Truth (Valentine Pride, #3)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • The Amendment (The Contract, #2)
In 2008, Lia Davis ventured into the world of writing and publishing and never looked back. She has published more than twenty books, including the bestselling A Tiger’s Claim, book one in her fan favorite Ashwood Falls series. Her novels feature compassionate yet strong alpha heroes who know how to please their women and her leading ladies are each strong in their own way. No matter what obstacle ...more

Academy's Rise Trilogy (3 books)
  • Hell Fire (Academy's Rise Trilogy #1)
  • Dead Air (Academy's Rise Trilogy #3)