Start by marking “The Patience of a Dead Man” as Want to Read:
The Patience of a Dead Man

The Patience of a Dead Man

He just spent everything on a house in disrepair, but he didn’t know someone was waiting inside. Tim Russell just put his last dollar on a handyman’s dream; a quaint but dilapidated farmhouse in New Hampshire. Newly single after a messy divorce, his plan is to live in the house as he restores it for resale. To his horror, as soon as the papers are signed and his work start ...more
Paperback, 1
Published August 2019 by Michael Clark Books (first published April 15th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Patience of a Dead Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Patience of a Dead Man

Melki
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I write this, I live in fear of the woman that roams the property; I do not know her name yet, but be careful. She has not harmed me but my intuition . . . and experience . . . tells me to stay clear!

After an acrimonious divorce, Tim sinks everything he has left into a rundown New Hampshire horse farm. His plan is to refurbish the place, then flip it for a tidy profit. He didn't count on some former residents still lingering around the premises: a young boy, an invisible, guiding presence,
Jessicasavage
It was hard for me to get into it
Robin Hebert
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creepy!! Good read

Easy read, captured my interest from the beginning and never really slowed down. Characters are likeable, well, except for one of them....😆
Christine Hunter
Apt Title

I don't know where to start. This book is an excellent example of a heart in the throat, can't put it down scary story. I loved it. It's fast paced and you keep thinking "just one more chapter". And the chapters are short enough so you keep repeating " just one more ". If you enjoy scary, if you love the spine tingles, then read this book. It's a winner!
Jessica
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the author for the free copy in exchange for my honest review

I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect when going into this book. I knew it was going to be a thriller and there were some supernatural elements to it. I loved this combination and I was pleasantly surprised with how captivated I was. A haunted house story that doesn’t feel like the rest of them.

Tim is newly divorced and wants to find a project to sink himself into. He finds an old farmhouse that is in desperate need of a face
Windi Inns
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
This was the first book I’ve read in this genre. I’ve been a ‘snob’ when it comes to anything pertaining to ghosts or haunting because I felt it just wasn’t for me. Thankfully, I felt I should give this one a chance since I was given an ARC. Whoa!

I was pulled in from the very beginning and just HAD to know what was going to happen next with Tim Russell and the not so vacant farmhouse he plans to renovate.

Needless to say, my mind has opened up trying new genres and I can’t wait to see what ther
Carolyn Strength
I just finished Michael Clark's first book. Where's the next one?

It's after 3:00 a.m. and I have just finished this book. Any loss of sleep I have "suffered" has been well worth it. The story is very unique, the living characters are wonderful and most of the of the no-longer-living characters are somewhat lovable. Of course, you have got to have some characters to really dislike. (Grrrrrr). I highly recommend this book. My only question is, "WHERE'S THE NEXT ONE"?

Thank you, Michael Clark.
Linda B. Vuono
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your average thriller

Great story right from the start! I think the planning of the plot was meticulous and very creative! The characters could have been a little more well formed, but they started becoming more real towards the end of the story. Hopefully, there will be a continuation of the story or characters.
Kelly Knapp
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dead men do tell tales

Terrific writing, smooth fast read. Just as you think the mystery is solved, another ghost shows up. Is there a way to appease these entities? Or is Tim about to join these beings?

Janet Souza
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read!

If you like fast paced, detail oriented ghost stories with a twist......this book is for you!!! The only reason I didn’t finish it on a day or two is because “adulting” got on the way....it’s definitely a page turner! Can’t wait for his next book to come out (going by the title, it sounds like a continuation)!
Gary Leibl
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book. It is very well written and is hard to put down. I will recommend this book to anyone who loves a good ghost story. I am looking forward to reading Michael's next book.
Mary
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept my attention from the first page to the last
BETTY SHEREN
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was well written and it held my interest from the very start. I don't always like ghost or horror mysteries. However this book was so enthralling that you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend " The Patience of a Dead Man"
Tracie Phinney
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish it had not taken me so.long.

Could only read when I had down time,I enjoyed it so much!Great job Mike!I look forward to reading more from you.
Kimberley
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wow of a Chiller!

I was hooked from the start of this chilling ghost story! I would liken it to the works of Stephen King. Suspenseful, creepy, and very creative. It will have you looking over your shoulders! Excellent writing and I would rate it higher if I could. Looking forward to more! Thanks for the opportunity to read!
Kathy Church
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creepy and Good

This book was really creepy but very good. I lived in an apartment years ago that was haunted, they were not evil spirits,so the haunting brings back some memories.
Erin Hudgens
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness! The ghost story in this is AWESOME. I loved it!! The only reason I gave it for stars were some parts felt a bit clunky, but TOTALLY worth it, cuz it’s chilling. Recommend for sure!! 🙌
Marsha  Bernabe
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I did not know what to expect from the beginning, however I was very pleasantly surprised to find out how amazing the story was! Bravo!
Jennifer Hunt
DO NOT read this by yourself after dark. The Patience of a Dead Man is so well written, I could see, smell, hear and feel the ghosts in the room with me as I read. Clark incorporates mystery, loss and romance into this decades-old tale of horror. If I could give it 6 stars, I would!
Crystal B. Johnson
Loved It!!!

I am glad this book came across my Kindle. I was aimlessly browsing through different horror books and. couldn't find anything that held my attention.. Then along comes Mr. Clark. I can't wait for his next books. Great job!
Embergin
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful

Great read. Very Well written. I was captivated from page 1. If you like suspense you will love this book.
Jk
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free Kindle copy of this book via the Goodreads Giveaways program and am grateful to anyone who had a hand in making that happen.

This was a fun, unpredictable take on a haunted house tale with a satisfying ending. However, it would have greatly benefited from some editing. Everything was told versus being shown which really diminished the emotional impact of the story for me. It got a little repetitive in places and some things are over explained, showing a lack of trust in the read
Geneva
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not read fast enough

I devoured this book unable to stop and do any thing. Until the end. I could not believe how I went from palpitations to collapsed. Sorry. Don't like disappointment!!!
Janice
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good ghost story

Story was engaging, making it difficult to put down. Too bad Tim did not sell house to ex-wife. Highly recommend.
Tammy Corn
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is truly a ghost story. You become invested and want to know what happened to the people who are doing the haunting. I enjoyed reading it and had to continue until I got to the ending.
Jan Phillips
May 16, 2019
Joy Del-Sette
May 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Check out the FREE STUFF on my website... Autographs, short stories, and more to come.
My promise(s): No more than 6 emails PER YEAR and I won't share your info with anyone.

Michael Clark was raised in New Hampshire and lived in the house The Patience of a Dead Man is based on.
The bats actually circled the rafters of the barn all day and there really was a man-made