Start by marking “Us, Again” as Want to Read:
Us, Again

Us, Again

"It's really him. The former love of my life. The man I gave everything to, who broke me so badly the pieces never healed back together properly."

Graham Wyatt might be 6’2” of irresistible muscled, tattooed, angsty Alpha male (and don’t forget the man bun)—but sorry, ladies! He’s a one woman man. Specifically, Mackenzie Thatcher, the love of his life whose heart he broke 5
Published November 11th 2019 by Elle Maxwell

To ask other readers questions about Us, Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Us, Again

Start your review of Us, Again
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Debut Novel for Elle Maxwell. And let me tell you people...

SHE KNOCKED IT RIGHT OUT OF THE PARK!!!

What an awesomely rich a vibrant second chance romance! I loved every second of reading this. Graham was so freaking awesome and full of real emotion and conflict. He was a real damn character. Not this alpha cold-ass asshole crap. NO, he was beautifully flawed and so dedicated and in love with Mackenzie. Sex scenes were pretty darn juicy!

And Mackenzie was pretty awesome too. But I am really on team
Jessica {Litnoob}
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super damn sweet

While yes, this story has some serious heavy topics we can’t ignore that this book tempers that with so much emotion, so much sweetness. We have two deeply damaged people trying to find their way back to one another and I’m totally here for that kind of second chance. I’m a huge second chance romance lover and this one was solid.

Side note: this cover sucked me in and is the reason I read the blurb and needed to try it. Honestly A+ artwork because it was so worth the read. Kudos
tai
Anyone who knows me enough knows how much I enjoy second chance romance. I think I can admit I'm a little bit biased when it comes to this trope, because I find it hard to not enjoy a book with it. As soon as I read the synopsis for Us, Again (and saw that gorgeous cover... because I am human and can admit that sometimes I judge a book by its cover) I was dying to read it. So thankful to the author for allowing me a chance to read and review this gem!

First of all, this is Elle Maxwell's first
Reading Mom.me
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
An amazing debut book! Second chance romances are another one of my fave tropes and I love the way Elle did this one. It still had angst but wasn’t a super slow burn like some second chance romances are. I love Graham and his alpha male ways (again one of my faves in a romance) and I also really enjoyed the little bit of suspense and crime drama that was intertwined into this Steamy AF romance. This was a major binge read for me that I stayed up way to late reading. My only complaint is that all ...more
Mollie's Bookshelf
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
More romance reviews and recs at molliesbookshelf.com!

*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
Ah, swoon!! I loved reading this debut romance. I was initially intrigued by this stunning cover and further intrigued by the synopsis for this book.

My favorite part of this story was the hero gone to prison at 18 aspect. I found it so interesting to read about a hero who misses out on some of his most formidable years after being incarcerated for 5 years. Graham returns from prison and
Momma Bear
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second chances? Check!
Crime drama? Check!
Strong friendship? Check!
A fallen hero in search of redemption? Check!

Great debut novel by Elle Maxwell.
SheSaidYesToBooks
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ah, the story of first loves. We've all experienced it. Mackenzie and Graham had this young love... the kind that stays with you even when time and circumstances pull you apart physically but never emotionally. Even when life moves forward, you always have that special part of your heart for that person. When these two find each other again, the chemistry is palpable and sparks fly! I really enjoyed reading this book and if you’re a big fan of second chance romances you will too.

Arc provided by
Stacey Fennell
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-s-reviewed, 2019
First off how cute is this cover? Well don't be fooled by it's cuteness this is no fluffy story. It is tough and gritty and yes it has sweet moments don't get me wrong but what Graham and Mackenzie go through isn't all hearts and flowers. This is story about a guy named Graham who is trying to make up for mistakes he made in the past. He comes back to win back the love of his life. He will do whatever it takes to get that second chance. Mackenzie on the other hand doesn't know what to choose her ...more
Samantha
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC from the author*

I loved this story. It was so real and perfect and just the cutest story ever. You meet Graham and Mackenzie who were high school sweethearts when one day Graham was arrested for Murder. 5 years later Graham is released from prison and you see how much has changed between the two.

Mackenzie still is angry for the fact that Graham never once wrote her a letter or called her. When she finally sees him again 5 years later she is in shock.

They have their obstacles
N. Kris
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. "Happily Ever After" is not living "forever happy", but loving your life with the happiness and frustrations spread throughout. Elle Maxwell's debut novel is a story that tells an uncommon truth about loving someone after a tragic event ends a devoted relationship and the eventual emotional upheaval that follows after an unexpected reunion. Us, Again provides romance and a smidge of action. 5/5!

It was an honor to be an ARC reader and to provide my honest review.
Shauna Donnell
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want everything. I didn’t plan to throw all of this at you right now, but it’s the truth. I want to be…us, again.”

All the second chance stars

I once read a quote... someday, you are going to be somebody’s favourite author. Well after reading this hidden gem, I can say without a doubt, Elle Maxwell has become my new favourite. Wow, just wow!

I adored this book, from the very first page I was consumed by all this Graham and Mackenzie.

This book had it all, the Lol moments between friends, the
Janye
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This had been my first instance of following a writer through the publicity process. I started following Elle close to the publish release date and it was such a thrill. I almost was afraid after all that excitement and hype that I wouldn't enjoy the book and would feel obligated to give a good review.

I'm quite relieved that this is not the case. First, I'm quite impressed that this is Elle's debut novel. It was a beautiful written masterpiece. This is a gorgeous second chance romance. Do not
Melanie Schuler
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! I have to say this book kept me glued to it. Honestly, it was like an interesting storyline what with it being about Graham Wyatt going to prison and leaving the love of his life Mackenzie Thatcher. Five years later he gets out of prison and inserts himself back into her life. Pretty much from the get go it is intense and especially steamy. The chemistry between the two sizzled off the pages. And boy was there a lot of hot steamy scenes throughout. I found the friendships incredible and ...more
Anna Aurora
Trigger warning: depression, drugs

This was a cover buy for me! Looking at the cover I expected a light contemporary romance mostly told from the girl'spoint of view, but it was the opposite. I didn't expect it at all. Was it good? Yes! Did I enjoy it? Totaly!Great book about a second chance romance.

The story–4/5

Setting of the book– 3,5/5

Main Hero–4/5

Smexy Times?– Yes

Overall – 4/5 stars

Naomi
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
“I’m empty because you have all the best parts of me and you left without giving them back.”

If you love a second chance romance, this book is 100% for you. The chemistry between Mackenzie and Graham is insanely good and the steaminess is even better. I fell in love with this couple and routed for them from the start. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not all rainbows and flowers. Maxwell has done an amazing job tackling more serious issues and also adding just a tiny bit of suspense.

As much as Mackenzie
Maria
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC for an honest review*

Talk about angst, I was reeled in from the very first chapter! This is my first Elle Maxwell read and it definitely won’t be my last!

Graham loses his parents unexpectedly which causes him to get into drugs. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time then leads him to a do a 5 year stint in jail. Mackenzie was his high school girlfriend and they were very much in love. Mackenzie didn’t know what was going on with him and didn’t talk to him for 5 years.

Zubs Malik
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
My mama used to say that those books that you stumble upon out of sheer coincidence are the ones that will bring you the most pleasure. Excuse the pun. If you know, then you know.

Jokes aside I don’t think my heart can take another cute cover like this one. I saw @bringmybooks showing off her ARC and I couldn’t help myself and asked Elle for one too. Linds and I tagged team and buddy read this one together and I know she shares my thoughts and sentiments too.

Elle Maxell has written the perfect
Jane Wood
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There aren't enough words to describe how I feel towards this book. It portrays emotions so truly, it is remarkable. It takes you through a rollercoaster of emotions from happiness to sadness to anger. You will never know what is coming next but it will always leave you wanting for more.

A truly heart touching, mesmerizing and beautiful book.

And well, obviously a must read.
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Us, Again is Elle Maxwell debut novel and I was very excited to read it. I confess I expected a bit more angst from it, but in the end I was left satisfied.

This is a second-chance romance, between MacKenzie and Graham. They were highschool sweethearts who got separated by a cruel twist of fate and years later find the way back to each other. But not without some challenges on their way.

I received this ARC a couple weeks ago and I
Savannah's Book List
{Thank you @ellemaxwellauthor for the ARC #partner}

Graham and Mackenzie are high school sweethearts and the couple you can't help but adore. Life seems perfect for this couple until Graham's parents are tragically killed in a car accident. Unable to handle his grief, Graham turns to alcohol and drugs and winds up in prison. Now, 5 years later, he has served his time and is ready to make amends for his mistakes. Mackenzie was torn apart when Graham left and won't allow herself anywhere near that
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Us, Again was a wonderful surprise. This isn’t your average second chance romance and it was a breath of fresh air. I was hooked from the very first chapter all the way to the very end.

Graham and Mackenzie were high school sweethearts, until Graham was arrested and everything changed in Mackenzie’s life. Flash forward five years and Graham is out of prison and wants a second chance with Mackenzie, but will she be able to forgive him and give him another chance?

Graham may be a 6’2” tattooed,
Rachel
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Former high school sweethearts, Graham and Mackenzie were as happy as can be, until Graham was arrested and sent to prison for murder. Five years later, he was released and determined to win his girl back, except it got a little complicated when his past forced its way to their present.

An enchanting second chance romance laced with steam, personal growth, and mental health awareness that is honestly hard to put down. What an amazing debut novel! Maxwell engineered a well-crafted, easy-flowing
bookgerm
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to elle maxwell for providing this ARC
Do you pick books simply for the cover ?
I do , this cover had me thinking this would be a funny rom com, but alas, Us, again is a second chance romance with a bit of drama and action. Some serious topics and lots of cute couple stuff.
elle Maxwell debut novel was well written, and this is only her first book! I’m waiting for amazing stories from her, and I see her writing skills only going up . .

Graham and Mackenzie were high school sweethearts,
Casey Pettit
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mackenzie Thatcher and Graham Wyatt were high school sweethearts until tragedy hit, sending Graham away. Now, 5 years later, he’s back and devoting his time reuniting the love that once was with Mackenzie to make them us, again... Until demons from his past resurface with the determination to ruin everything between them. In this heartbreaking debut novel, Maxwell tells a second chance story you’ll become truly captivated by. I laughed, I cried and I swooned (big time) over Mackenzie and Wyatt’s ...more
thehotmesslibrary
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderfully written debut novel by Allie Winters. It has all of the feels!

The book focuses on Mackenzie Thatcher and Graham Wyatt who used to be together but through fate and some life choices ended up apart, with Graham spending time in jail and Mackenzie trying to mend her broken heart which never seemed to get fixed quite right. Graham is back and he is looking to get back with Mackenzie, but she has sworn off romance and any entanglements, especially with Graham.

This book is
Michelle
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just WOW. I am in awe of this debut novel. The writing was superb. The characters were incredible. The story line was phenomenal. The chapter headings were awe-inspiring. The ending was beautiful. I couldn't put it down and read it in one day.

The writing.
If I highlighted passages in my books, there would have been many. At least a few each chapter. The words were stunning. They made me feel and believe. Believe in the deep all consuming love that Mackenzie and Graham felt for each other.
Britney Chavez
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by this author and this is her debut book.

For a debut book this was flipping incredible! Man I loved everything about it. The blurb alone was what got my interested in reading it. I mean he goes to prison, I just had to know all about it.

MacKenzie was such a strong and independent character but finding out the reasons why she become that way in the first place was heartbreaking but also so courageous. To overcome everything she did and come out with the head she had was
Delissa McGill
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was beautiful written and it allowed me to fall in love with the Graham and Mackenzie. It makes you believe in second chances.
Nicole Huynh
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review **

You know how there are some books that touch you so deeply, that you have to keep reading as fast as you can do you know what happens next? That’s Us, Again by Elle Maxwell. It consumed me. Not only is it a second-chance romance (one of my favorite tropes) but it was also a second chance at life. Mackenzie and Graham were high school sweethearts so in love that no one understood their connection. They were then tragically and
amberreadsromance
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2019, romance
First of all, I love the cover but it doesn’t do the book justice. For some reason I was expecting a softer romance, so yes, I judged the book by its cover lol but Us, Again is far from that.

You get romance, some humor, and even a little bit of suspense in this debut book by Elle Maxwell and I loved every minute of it!

I struggled to connect with the heroine Mackenzie at times but I did like that she didn’t take any BS from anyone including Graham when she needed to.

Graham on the other
« previous 1 3 next »

• Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • His Royal Highness
  • Would Like to Meet
  • The Husband Checklist
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • They're Strictly Friends (Tough Love Spinoff, #1)
  • Faker
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Luck (4Clover Series, #1)
  • We Met in December
  • Outmatched
  • Shortcake
  • Blindsided
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Maybe This Christmas
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • Christmas in the City
Elle Maxwell is an unrepentant metaphor addict, a believer in hard-fought happy endings, and she still refuses to accept the death of the Oxford Comma.

Debut novel Us, Again is now available in paperback and Kindle eBook, and FREE on Kindle Unlimited!

See Us, Again on Amazon: