Start by marking “Murder In Lima” as Want to Read:
Murder In Lima

Murder In Lima

Kurt Hammer ends up in Lima, Peru to escape his demons and put an end to his alcoholism.

The holiday soon takes a sinister turn though, when Kurt witnesses the brutal murder of an old friend.

Facing the most difficult case of his life, can Kurt find the killer - and avoid succumbing to his demons?
Published November 13th 2019 by Next Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Murder In Lima, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder In Lima

Start your review of Murder In Lima
Honestmamreader
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Murder In Lima is the second book in the Kurt Hammer series. In this book Kurt is on holiday in Lima, in order to get away from his demons and try and get his head straight. However, things don't turn out quite according to plan. Trouble just seems to follow Kurt even on holiday. And he bears witness to a murder, well put it this way the victim basically lands on top of him. But, you'll have to read the book yourself to know why.

I found Kurt to be a very interesting character. It's good to get
Samama Reza
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I never knew Peru, Lima was such a pretty and classy place for vacation until I read Murder in Lima. I know, I know, the name of the novel describes the exact opposite of ‘a good place for vacation’, but apart from the suspense and murder, the author also described the city wonderfully. He did not leave behind the flaws while describing Lima and that somehow made the whole city seem more realistic in my mind while I was reading the book.

I loved how classy and fashion conscious all the
Jacqueline  sharp
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I read this book in one sitting, it’s not a long story. The pace is fast, a few things with the writing which may be down to translation, could also be where it’s an advanced copy.

Kurt Hammer is an Alcoholic, advised to get away from his work and take a holiday, he goes to Lima. It’s been 2 months since his last drink.

He is staying in a hostel, he gets a mysterious invite to dinner, but doesn’t know who the invite is from. He wasn’t going to go, until a car arrives to pick him up, not just any
Amanda
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read and loved the first book in the series featuring Kurt Hammer called 'Trouble In Trondheim'. As soon as I knew that Mats had released the next book in the series I just knew that I had to read it. I grabbed a copy as soon as I could and settled down to read.
It didn't take me long at all to get into this book and to reacquaint myself with Kurt Hammer. In fact by the time I got to the end of the first dozen of pages or so, I just knew that this was going to be an interesting and different
Alaknanda Agarwal
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Read the full review here

Murder in Lima is a mystery novel. A wealthy Norwegian businessman, John Fredley, was shot dead while entertaining guests at a small party. Kurt Hammer, who was part of the small party and present when John died. He is requested to investigate the case by John’s family, and this investigation is what Murder in Lima is primarily about.

The story itself is quite well constructed. John was a wealthy businessman with his share of enemies. There are a number of characters who
Amy Shannon
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully suspenseful

Vederhus pens a grand story in Murder in Lima. I liked this story, and how there was more than just the crime at hand, a murder. There were things that Kurt needed to deal with in order to continue and move forward. A glaring past and present, while trying to solve the problem, not only the murder but solve himself. The story was well-written, and I liked the writing style and pace of the story. It was wonderfully suspenseful, not just about the main plot but the subplots
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Norwegian policeman Kurt Hammer has several personal problems, being rejected by women he tried his luck with, the physical exhaustion alcohol abuse caused. A murder case in Lima, Peru one that Hammer himself witnessed during a holiday there, so is not the only one to solve. Murder in Lima, translated into somewhat basic English is raw at times, focuses more on Kurt himself than the actual murder case.

The plot didn't really entertain or captured my attention. I've read better crime stories.
Honestmamreader

Evelina
Dec 29, 2019

• When the Dead Come Calling: The Burrowhead Mysteries
  • Unexpected Lessons in Love
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • Someone Is Lying
  • River of Lies (B.C. Blues Crime, #5)
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • Hold Your Tongue (DI Eve Hunter, #1)
  • Rapier
  • The Mothers: Five women. Five secrets. One missing husband.
  • Unfollow Me
  • The Wreckage
  • The Perfect Mother
  • A Place Called Fear
  • Deadly Enterprise (Mike Stoneman #2)
  • The Memory Wood
  • The Glass Hotel
  • The Bowery Slugger (Alex Cohen, #1)
  • A Reputation Dies (Rutherford, #1)