Start by marking “The Wife's Revenge” as Want to Read:
The Wife's Revenge

The Wife's Revenge

Sometimes the lie is safer than the truth.

Fran
made the biggest mistake of her life when she had an affair with Ben. Both families live in the village of Oakheart; their children are friends. Fran’s guilt shadows her days. But it’s no more than she deserves, or is it? At least she’s managed to protect her husband, Hector, from the harsh truth.

But for how long?

Tessa has le
Published October 22nd 2019 by crooked cat/darkstroke books

To ask other readers questions about The Wife's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wife's Revenge

Start your review of The Wife's Revenge
Shalini
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun story about affairs and revenge and of course twists.

Fran made a mistake 2 years ago, Tessa knew her husband was not the faithful types. Living in the same village with children in the same school, their lives intersected occasionally until Tessa started calling on Fran frequently. Strange things happened to Fran like chilli in a cupcake, strange phone calls from the school, etc. And the fun began...

My first book by author Deirdre Palmer, the story appeared straight
Julia
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Wife’s Revenge is a fabulous psychological suspense slash domestic noir mystery which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I found Fran to be a three-dimensional believable character, caught in a web of her own making but desperately trying to put things right and behind her. Despite her problems, she is a sympathetic character and goes to show that clearly no one is perfect.

I like the dual narrative device and the tension builds well, from the captivating opening, throughout the gri
Katharine Johnson
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, loved this book. It built from a gradual start to a thrilling climax with a clever twist. The dual narrative was perfectly balanced and I felt sympathy for both women despite their flaws and questionable behaviour. The scenes are brilliantly set with just the right amount of description. I loved the portrayal of family life too. There was a steadily building tension as the consequences of the fling threatened to implode into everyone’s lives, including the children. This is a story of guilt ...more
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
The Wife’s Revenge has it all! Secrets, betrayal, lies and revenge that is all tied up in a mystery that will have you guessing and racing through the pages well into the night to solve. Right from the get go, I was hooked and I couldn’t read this fast enough to see how it was all going to unfold. I was not disappointed.

Deirdre has crafted a tightly woven, well thought out twisted plot that is told through alternating chapters, between the two main players Tessa and Fran. What’s inte
Jessica Belmont
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Wife’s Revenge is a solid, entertaining, suspense novel about the sweetness of revenge. My first novel from Deirdre Palmer was compelling and I enjoyed it very much.

This story is told in dual POVs. Tessa, the wife and Fran, the other woman. Both characters were well written and felt like they could be real people. I felt a relation to both characters and that made this story intriguing to me.

I’ll admit, the novel starts off a bit slow. However, when it picks up, the m
Off the Record
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Review: The Wife’s Revenge by Deirdre Palmer

Here we have another book blog tour organised by the awesome Rachel’s Random Resources, if you’d like to check out more tours I’ve taken part in then you can by clicking here, here, here, here, here, here and here. Anyway, I usually include a little bit of a disclaimer now, so why break from tradition, even though I have been asked to do this as part of an official blog tour you should still expect the same standard of quality, honesty
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Fran made a mistake 2 years ago, at a low point, she got involved with a married man. Tessa, the wife, knew her husband was not the faithful type, she knew of at least two other affairs, but she always made sure the other woman paid for seducing her husband. Fran thinks she has gotten off with only a guilty conscience but she is wrong. Ben wants to rekindle their romance, Fran wants nothing to do with him. It is hard when you live in the same village with children that not only go to the same sc ...more
Sharon
This is my first book by this author despite her having written many other stories. This book interested me as soon as I heard the title! I love books about revenge and especially revenge from spouses!! It all seems to much more personal and you can put yourself in their position and think what would you do if it was you!

The story is told from two different points of view – Tessa, the wife and Fran the other woman. Fran had a quick fling with Ben a few years ago, and now Tessa has found out abo
Grace J Reviewerlady
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have no idea what Deirdre Palmer's other novels are like but this, her first psychological suspense, is a stunning read!

Fran loves her husband and their three girls; she's not really sure why she had an affair with Ben, but that short time in her life has come back to haunt her. With no one else in the know except herself and Ben, she has managed to keep it from her husband Hector for which she is so very grateful. Living in the same village, it is a shock when Tessa, Ben's wife, f
Christie72
The Wife’s Revenge by Deirdre Palmer is a tightly-woven psychological suspense and mystery! It will definitely keep you turning the pages rapidly until you come to the end and what an ending it is!!!!

The novel is written from two POVs….Fran and Tessa. Fran made a huge mistake having a brief affair with Ben. At least she does carry regret and guilt. So far, she has managed to keep the ugly truth from her husband, Hector, and their children.

Tessa and Ben have a complicated marriage,
Misfits farm
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fran works at a veterinary practice as receptionist. Her husband Hector is self employed and they have three children. She is receiving gifts from an unknown person- a cake with a lot of chilli in and a huge basket of flowers along with a mystery caller. There is no indication of whom they are from and Fran is mystified. Tessa is married to Ben whom Fran had a very short fling with around two years ago. Fran ended the relationship and regrets the whole thing. Ben was more enamoured and said he w ...more
Jane Hunt
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This starts with a tragic event and then lapses into normality, which although slow-paced is essential world-building. Told from two points of view Fran and Tessa, you meet Fran first and realise her normal life is unbalanced with a few strange events. You don't meet Tessa in any detail straight away, but when you do, immediately you realise she is not happy.

The suspense building is steady and relentless, you are constantly waiting for what something bad to happen. Fran appears to be a r
Caroline Venables
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really cleverly written novel. Told from two perspectives you get a view of Fran and Tessa’s lives. Fran and Tessa have a lot in common, they live in the same town, their children go to the same school and Fran has had an affair with Tessa’s husband.

The tension is builds from chapter to chapter and you know something is going to happen, Fran keeps getting unsolicited gifts, an inedible cake, flowers, but who is sending them?

She can’t share her suspicions with he
Tiziana Langone
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sometimes when you are reading a thriller, you get mystery after mystery, finding it hard to remember what all has happened already.But a good thriller can keep you in suspense even if not a lot is happening.

And this book was such an example…Fran had an affair a while ago and she thinks she dodged the bullet, as the affair is long over and nobody got hurt as nobody found out about it.Little does she know that when Tessa, the wife of the man she cheated with, found out the truth…And T
Sandie Bishop

• The Empty Nest
  • After Jessica
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • Anything for Love
  • The Secrets He Kept: A suspenseful, gripping psychological thriller with a nail-biting ending
  • Close to You
  • Four Christmases and a Secret
  • Henry's Tale
  • The Truth
  • Good Little Liars
  • Heathcliff: The Unanswered Questions Finally Answered?
  • Impostor (Alexander Gregory Thrillers #1)
Deirdre writes women’s fiction, with strong themes of family, friendship and love, and the challenges ordinary people face in their everyday lives. She also writes under the name Zara Thorne. Her novels are published by Crooked Cat and Fabrian Books.

Deirdre also writes short stories and is published by D C Thomson for The People’s Friend magazine.

Find out more about Deirdre and her wr