Start by marking “The Unhoneymooners” as Want to Read:
The Unhoneymooners

The Unhoneymooners

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  45,413 ratings  ·  7,550 reviews
Olive Torres is used to being the unlucky twin: from inexplicable mishaps to a recent layoff, her life seems to be almost comically jinxed. By contrast, her sister, Ami, is an eternal champion . . . she even managed to finance her entire wedding by winning a slew of contests. Unfortunately for Olive, the only thing worse than constant bad luck is having to spend the weddin ...more
Published August 2019 by Gallery Books (first published May 14th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Unhoneymooners, please sign up.
AB I would say no. Although the sex isn't graphic, it's explicit enough. Also the book deals with more adult themes than YA themes. It may be hard for a…moreI would say no. Although the sex isn't graphic, it's explicit enough. Also the book deals with more adult themes than YA themes. It may be hard for a teen to relate. The main character is in her early 30s.(less)
AgainWithTheBooks The 2 most similar that I can suggest are way, way steamier than this (like, really): Something Borrowed by Eve Dangerfield is about a destination…moreThe 2 most similar that I can suggest are way, way steamier than this (like, really): Something Borrowed by Eve Dangerfield is about a destination wedding and being stuck with someone you "hate" and ohmigod the steaminess. And then Ex Games by Stella Rhys is a bit of a stretch, as this destination wedding takes place late in the book and isn't so much a front and center theme. But the relationships felt similar to me since they're (supposed) enemies to lovers stories with a wedding/vacation undertone. Ex Games has more humor like The Unhoneymooners, if that's what grabbed you the most.(less)

·  45,413 ratings  ·  7,550 reviews

Start your review of The Unhoneymooners
Chaima ✨ شيماء
me, normally: the concept of romantic love is nothing but a marketing scheme for greeting card companies, a lie sold by the government, a-

me, after reading this book: [through an oversized megaphone] CAN SOME ROMANTIC SHIT HAPPEN TO ME ALREADY DAMN
Emily May
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc, romance
I can treat this trip like an actual vacation on a tropical island.
Yes, it’s with my nemesis, but still, I’ll take it.

Guys, I don't think it's working out. I'm trying so hard to get on the Christina Lauren fanwagon, but there are just lots of little things that aren't floating my boat.

The Unhoneymooners is not bad at all. It's quite funny and enjoyable for the most part, actually. It's just... well, I'll start with the first thing I noticed. This is only the second Christina Lauren book I have tried, with the othe
A humorous enemies-turn-lovers romance fills out the first half of The Unhoneymooners. It's engaging, funny, and sexy. But the co-written aspect of this novel makes itself known as the storyline morphs into a more dramatic second half with several climaxes related to career, trust, family, and relationships. In my opinion, this reading experience felt like two different books were placed under the same cover, and I quite liked the fun one more. However, overall, The Unhoneymooners is indeed enjoyable and will surely satisfy ...more
Melanie
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melanie by: Gabby

ARC provided by Gallery Books in exchange for an honest review.

“That’s the point of luck: it happens when and where it happens.”

This is my favorite Christina Lauren book since Roomies! I’ll be honest, I wasn’t too in love with Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating or My Favorite Half-Night Stand, but this felt like the famous duo was back and resecured that special place in my swoon-worthy romance heart. This was so funny, this was so heartwarming, and since I’m leaving in a few weeks for Hawaii, the setting was pretty perfectreview.
Melissa
*3.5 stars*

There’s no getting around it, so I’m just going to get it over with and put it out there. The Unhoneymooners is not my favorite of the dynamic duo’s rom-coms. Truth be told, this is the only Christina Lauren to date that has earned less than four stars from this reader. And believe me, as someone who’s been a longtime fan of their work, it would be so much easier to gloss over the things that bothered me, as opposed to confessing this didn’t work for me in its entirety, but it is what it is. So, hear me
jessica
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
never in my life have i read a book that had the same sense of humour as me - until now. this is honestly one of the funniest books i have ever read. i was giggling like a dweeb pretty much throughout the entire thing. gosh, its such a depressing thought to know i will never be as funny as olive and ethan.

the charming humour aside, this might be the best execution of the enemies-to-lovers trope since ‘the hating game.’ is everything in the story convenient? sure. is it super emotionally compelling? n
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
4.5 stars. This is my new favorite Christina Lauren book. I'm OBSESSED. I do wish the plus-size rep had been a little more... definitive? But other than that I ate this UP. If you're looking for something to fill in the Hating Game sized, enemies-to-lovers hole in your heart, look no further. THEY EVEN GO PAINTBALLING. Fuck, I loved this.
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“It sounds dangerous.” This makes him laugh. “Dangerous, like we’d end up either naked or dead?”

description

This was such a cute rom-com filled with glorious belly-aching laugh out loud moments. I finished it in one sitting, and the pages just flew by! It really does play out like a movie, and you can practically see it on the widescreen while you are reading. Completely a feel good book with all the fluffy romance and sexy tidbits you'd want in one.

_______________

The Story

The Unhoneymooners follows Olive Torres during a honeymoon that she_______________
Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Simon & Schuster Goodreads
"When I signed up for this honeymoon, I had no idea it would involve so much nudity."

Raise your glass to another winner from Christina Lauren! *clink* This writing duo features my go-to gals when it comes to romantic comedies. Seriously, I can't remember the last time an author consistently made me chortle so hard or forced me to sustain multiple gut busters in a row. Last time I checked, we could all use a few more good vibes all over the world, and if you're looking for another feel good time, this**
Samantha
4.5 stars - I stayed up later than was probably wise reading this and I have no regrets (yet.. ask me in the morning).

Enemies to lovers. Fake dating. Misunderstanding that isn’t completely irrational. Bickering couple. Protagonist that’s a bit bitter but trying her best. Thanks I love it.
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
Loved this sexy, sweet and snarky book! It's the perfect escape read! 😍

Admittedly I'm a Christina Lauren fan! I'd been looking forward to this book with its Hispanic representation and it didn't disappoint. Curvy women, laugh out loud hilarious family members and the amazing, never let you down extended family that is as close (if not closer) as the one living under your roof. It reminded me so much of my family growing up - everyone knowing each other's business, constantly making fun of each
Meredith
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

Fun Escape!

When all but two weddings guests contract food poisoning at a wedding in Minnesota, they help out the bride and groom by going on their honeymoon for them. It just so happens that the two guests are the bride's twin sister, Ollie, and the groom’s brother, Ethan. Of course, Ollie and Ethan hate each other. Of course, both are extremely attractive people. Of course, under all of the hatred they really do like each other. When forced to share a hotel room for 10 days, the in
✨ A ✨
Ah. The classic enemies-to-lovers trope. AKA --› my Achilles heel.

Christina Lauren's standalone rom/coms have just been improving. I always know I'm going to love it, that I'm going to adore these characters. That they're going to make me laugh and probably make me cry.

This was no exception.

Olive has always had shitty luck. But when all the guest at her twin sister's wedding end up horribly sick with food poisoning, for once Olive is the lucky one. With the bride and groom sick and none refundable
Larry H
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
4.5 stars, rounded up.

So there I was, feeling a bit of withdrawal since it had been more than two months since I'd read a Christina Lauren book (I read four of their books in 2018, and one in 2017). Then, like a bolt out of the blue, I saw that NetGalley was offering advance copies of their newest book, The Unhoneymooners , and I literally pulled my car over into the first parking lot I saw and submitted my request. (True story. And I kept to my no NetGalley requests while driving rule.)
honey (myonna reads)
first read may 18: this book made me cry because they are so cute that i started to feel lonely so 5 stars i guess

second read jun 16: lol cried AGAIN, i am pathetic
Heather
Gah you want a steamy,summer romance? Look no further!
Kaceey
Oh, this was just downright charming! I actually caught myself laughing out loud so many times!

Olive and her sister Ami are identical twins who couldn’t be more different! Where Ami is confident, Olive is most comfortable under the radar. Where Ami is sleek and thin, Olive is a ‘curvy girl” Where good luck always seems to sway Ami’s way - well, you get the picture.

Ami is getting married! She’s managed to finance her entire wedding with winnings from numerous raffles and giveaways!
Warda
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS STORY MADE ME SO DARN HAPPY!

—————————

pre-reading preview.

This sounds disastrous and hilarious.
emma
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to emma by: Tucker
CALLED IT

review to come / 2.5ish stars

----------

i am probably not going to like this book but by god i won't let that stop me
Barbie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

My thoughts in a nutshell
The Unhoneymooners is all around Booktube. Everyone is reading it and love it. I was curious, is it worth the hype? My short answer is no.

The story is about…
Skip over this point if you don't like the sneak peek.
Ami and Dane are getting married. At the wedding, every guest gets indigestion, including the bride and the groom. They can't go on a honeymoon, but the travel isn't refundable. Finally, Ami's twin sister Olive and Dane's brother Ethen take the nonrefundable honeymoonabout…
Skip
Tucker
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every living being (Bacteria, humans, etc. We don't discriminate here.)
Recommended to Tucker by: Gallery Books

Many thanks to Rachel at Gallery Books for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

“That’s the point of luck: it happens when and where it happens.”

*Clapping*
Me: Yes, hello! Thank you for having me tonight. Can you all hear me alright? Great.
Me: *pulls out a copy of The Unhoneymooners* Tonight, we will be reading the entirety of the Unhoneymooners. No, don't leave. I see you in the back row. Don't try to leave. The doors have already been locked. You will sit in this room until you hear every single glorious word.
Me: *Eye twitches*
Me: Every. Single. Word.

Okay, mreview
Berit☀️✨
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓷. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓷𝓪𝓻𝓴. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝔁𝓾𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷.

Christina Lauren can do no wrong! This was another homerun from this amazing writing duel. Olive’s twin sister Amy is getting married. The wedding goes off without a hitch and it should because Amy has given Olive a to do list over 75 items long. BUT The perfect day is hijacked by the seafood buffet that makes every single guest sick, with the exception of Olive and Ethan the groom’s brother. Bride Amy is sick as can be, but does not
Gabby
Holy shit I loved this so much. Christina Lauren is one of my favorite authors and I was absolutely STOKED when Gallery Books sent me an ARC of their latest romance The Unhoneymooners. I think I honestly have a new favorite from them. This one or Autoboyography is my favorite book from this author now, ahhh.

This is an adorable rom-com that follows this girl named Olive who is chronically unlucky, and her twin sister Ami who is absurdly lucky. Ami is marrying this guy named Dane and Olive can't stand Da
Susanne  Strong
5 Sweet, Endearing, Laugh-out-Loud Stars!

Christina Lauren: You Make Me Smile!

Are you in the mood for a book that will make your heart soar and will have you laughing almost from the get go? One that will have you breaking into a smile with all of the humorous sarcastic back and forth comments, but won’t make you “cover your eyes?” (lol). If so, “The Unhoneymooners” by Christina Lauren is for you! I thought it was Pure Perfection!

Olive and Ami are identical twins. Ami is about to ge
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳Christina Lauren have brought another romance filled with enemies to lovers type of ambiance, that will sometimes have you questioning whether Olive and Ethan are meant to be...

➳When it comes down to anything that it written by Christina, there is no denying that I will do anything to get my hands on anything written by them. Maybe it's because the novel was hyped up, and also maybe because I am not the biggest fan of enemies to lovers kind of romance, but I was not the biggest fan of this novel.
Riley
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smutathon
this was super fun and typical christina lauren rom-com style
the chemistry was A+ and i loved all the awkward situations the characters got themselves into.
i will say there was questionable fat rep. you can't just give a character huge tits and call it a day.
and there was some annoying drama added in at the end BUT overall I did really enjoy this and it reads super quick!
Elise (TheBookishActress)
“The problem with lying about relationships is that humans are fickle, fickle creatures.”

Sometimes a fun & heartwarming romance novel, even one with a few problems, is exactly what I need. Honestly, this is around a 3 1/2 but I’m not even going to pretend it didn't make me so exceptionally happy I might have melted my cold dead heart. This was my first dude read in a while with Chaima, and I'm so glad it was a good one.

After lead character Olive’s sister Ami and her fiance Dane are poisoned by shelfish, along w
Jilly
You know when you are talking with a bunch of people and you're totally cracking each other up and having a great time, but then there is that one killjoy who tries to make it all serious and stuff?

Yeah, sure. They probably are. Soooooo, who invited you exactly?

That is this book. It is super funny and crazy and cute... .for a while.

Yeah, sure. They probably are. Soooooo, who invited you exactly?

That is this book. It is super funny and crazy and cute... .for a while.

Again, thanks, um... are you related to us or something? Why are you in your nightgown?

The story is about a wedding-from-hell that ends up sending the best man and maid of honor on the honeymoon. They hate each other, but want the free Hawaiian vacation. I gotta admit, I'd go to Hawaii with my arch nemesis. It just so happens that my arch nemesis is Chris Hemsworth, so that's convenient. No, I'm not lying.

They end up having a great time and falling for each other. Not a spoiler. If you didn't know that, you need to do more reading, or watch any movie or television show.

There are tons of hilarious circumstances that happen. Are they realistic? No. But, that's okay because it is fun. I don't need realism if I'm laughing and enjoying the ride.

But then they go home. And, suddenly the book turns into an angsty drama with a bunch of bullshit stuff happening that isn't funny at all.

Oh my God! Why would you announce that while we are playing Yahtzee? Just roll the damn dice!

So the second half of the book lost all of its humor. I was bummed because my hopes were really high. Oh well.

*sigh* Yes. Yes we are.
Whitney Atkinson
4.5 Stars

Thanks Gallery Books for the advanced reading copy!

Another book to add to my Superior Enemies to Lovers shelf! The night I picked this up, I ended up reading 250 pages all in one sitting and staying up until 7 AM. The plot of this is SOOOO addicting and seeing Ethan and Olive's shenanigans unfold and their combative personalities play out was so entertaining and hilarious. Christina Lauren have this unmatched writing style where everything they say is fun and funny without being/>Thanks
Holly  B
A fun and delightful escape read! Just what I needed....

After a few emotional reads, this proved to be just what I needed for a bit of an escape to Maui with two sweet, witty characters. I fell in love with them and wanted to continue reading their story every night when I was unwinding from a stress filled day.

I'm a huge fan of stories themes involving vacation spots, weddings, twins and frenemies to romance! Nothing is complicated here, just a free vacay for me.

What is not to love? A
Semifinal Round
2,714,653 Votes Cast

• Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Meet Cute
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)
  • The Flatshare
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • 99 Percent Mine
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Evvie Drake Starts Over
  • The Bookish Life of Nina Hill
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Things You Save in a Fire
  • The Girl He Used to Know
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more
“I am a homebody, through and through, and there’s nothing like being home.” 13 likes
“I can appreciate my body in a bikini and still want to set fire to the patriarchy.” 13 likes