Start by marking “Blame It on the Billionaire” as Want to Read:
Blame It on the Billionaire

Blame It on the Billionaire

A dramatic chemistry-filled contemporary romance from USA TODAY bestselling author Naima Simone.

She fell into his arms... now she’s falling for his trap.
Will a blackout change everything for these unlikely lovers?

It was a night filled with secrets, lies…and soul-stealing passion. And now the blackout that turned lowly executive assistant Nadia Jordan and start-up
Published February 4th 2020 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about Blame It on the Billionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blame It on the Billionaire

Start your review of Blame It on the Billionaire
Maida
Intense, super sexy, and skillfully-written, this Cinderella/Pretty Woman fake relationship workplace romance is a fantastic read. Beautiful and sympathetic main characters in American Prince Grayson and financially-strapped Nadia. A heart-rending storyline of family pressure and knocks to self-belief. Molten hot sexytimes. Ultra satisfying ending.

It needed an infusion of humor to cut through all the intensity and a bit more dimension to the villainess. Also missing for most of the book is the
Hannah Hearts Romance
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was not one of those romance readers who cut their teeth on mom’s secreted Harlequins. In fact they’re a pretty recent discovery for me, but man, do I see why people love them. All the tropes and tricks of romance packed into a delightfully consumable package. In this case, billionaires, instalust, fake engagement, and a “you can’t fall in love with me/I won’t fall in love with you” pact. Oh, sweet innocents!

This book has some wonderfully developed characters, which is hard to do in a slightly
Maria Rose
Blame It on the Billionaire by Naima Simone is a steamy romance for a couple caught out in a blackout whose one night together turns into something more.

Grayson Chandler still feels the grief of the loss of his older brother, a man who was supposed to take over the family dynasty. He’s the ‘spare’ and his mother wants to see him take over the company reins and get settled, choosing a woman totally unsuited for him – his ex-fiancee. When a blackout at a society function has him sharing a night of
Timitra
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Blame it on the Billionaire. It's wonderful, the perfect blend of hot, sexy and sweet. Gray and Nadia's journey was enjoyable, they complemented each other well. I truly loved this book and series and very highly recommend them to those who love steamy contemporary romances that can be devoured in one sitting.

Copy provided by author
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Notes:

At the time of this post, I feel as though Grayson is the most beast-like hero Naima has written. He likes to put on this hard front, but inside he's a little boy who's hurting. I know that he has never felt loved by his parents.

Grayson and Nadia have both been hurt by those they were in love and thought they would spend the rest of their lives with. Both have vowed to themselves to never trust anyone or fall in love again.

Nadia is a strong heroine. I love that she knows who she is and
GigiReads
A well written, fast-paced Cinderella re-telling that I mostly enjoyed. I have a love-hate relationship with category romance, as I mostly find myself dissatisfied with the character and relationship development. In this case, the characters were developed nicely but the relationship felt rushed. Way too Insta lusty-lovey for me.
Fedora
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blame It on the Billionaire is the third in Naima Simone's Blackout Billionaires trilogy, but stands well alone. Grayson Chandler and Nadia Jordan literally run into one another in a side hallway of a stunning mansion right before the lights go out, and Nadia's gives in to the temptation to steal this moment with her long-time crush. Grayson doesn't recognize her, so she can enjoy his attention with the security of anonymity.

Grayson is one of the co-founders of the company she works for. He's
Megan
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was so enjoyable, and I loved watching two damaged people open up to finding love again. A great way to cap off this awesome series.

Nadia Jordan has had it pretty rough. Growing up in small-town Georgia, the daughter of the town floozy, and an unknown father, everyone looked down on her. Her mother was derelict at best, and constantly forgot Nadia when it suited her. When Nadia's baby brother, Ezra, came along, she gave up her own dreams and ambitions to facilitate his, since she
Toni
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This is a book in the Harlequin Desire line by Harlequin Books.

Nadia and Grayson “call me Gray” met by happenstance during a power outage. He was attending a gala of sorts and she was bringing her boss’s dress shirt to him since he had soiled it during the gala in some way. During the blackout the couple have one night of guilt-free pleasure until Gray learns that Nadia works for his company.

Days later Gray can’t get Nadia out of his head and he comes up with a crazy plan to make her
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Nadia was strong, resilient, honest, feisty...I loved her! She’s the girl you’d want in your corner, knowing she’ll be the first one on your doorstep if you need a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on. And I loved that she embraced her curves and didn’t knock herself about her looks! I don’t know why that particular bit stuck with me, but it did and I was all the happier for it!

Grayson was loyal, honorable, and straight forward with everyone except his parents. I felt for the guy. To
Crystal
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Nadia and Grayson...just perfection! I loved this strong and independent woman who didn't want anything just handed to her, but put her brother above everything else! And Grayson is swoon-worthy, with his loyalty and wanting to do what's right, even when those around him don't seem to care. I can't recommend this book and series enough!
Karen
I’m a bit late in the game with my discovery of Naima Simone, but super thrilled to have found such a great new author and so many wonderful books to binge-read! There’s quite some angst in this romance, intense and powerfully written, which I loved! The emotional, well-developed background stories for both Grayson and Nadia are so integral to who these characters are and have such impact on how they live their lives and connect to each other. Very moving and impressive. The writing is fluent, ...more
Smart Women Read Romance
Lots of classic tropes in this Harlequin romance!

In this blackout series, our mains act on their lust when the lights suddenly go out. Everything is easier in the dark and that's no different for Nadia and Grayson. There is a one-night-stand (product of instalust) that turns into a fake engagement. Oh, and Nadia works for Grayson's company!

I love that Nadia wasn't intimidated by Grayson's very alpha personality. And of course the relationship between Nadia and her little brother (who she is
Latifa Morrisette
Nadia and Grayson are just amazing. I've loved Harlequin Desire books for as long as can remember. Naima has quickly become one of favorite authors in the past two years and I'm glad to have found her books. I'm excited to read more from her.
Mel
I really love Naima Simone’s writing style. She creates characters and draws the reader into their world so effortlessly that I end up feeling as if the characters are real and I actually know them.

This book was a wonderful surprise, a Cinderella story but one in which the heroine, Nadia, become the Drew Barrymore version of the poor, hardworking, downtrodden, princess-to-be, and in staying true to her heart and her principles, saves herself along with the hero. There’s a lot to unpack in this
Dar
I loved this book! It had a perfect blend of steaminess and emotion. Not only emotion from our heroine, but also our hero. Grayson wasn’t just a take-charge billionaire, he cared about his family. He cared about people, and he had vulnerabilities. He buried them, but they were there, and Nadia made it safe for him to share. Not only share, but for her to show him how she saw him. Nadia also opened up to him, and he saw how beautiful she truly was inside and out. Combine all those emotions, and ...more
Sandy S
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars--BLAME IT ON THE BILLIONAIRE is the third instalment in Naima Simone’s contemporary, adult BLACKOUT BILLIONAIRES erotic, romance series. This is billionaire businessman Grayson Chandler, and executive assistant Nadia Jordan’s story line. BLAME IT ON THE BILLIONAIRE can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous instalments is revealed where necessary.

Told from dual third person perspectives (Grayson and Nadia) BLAME IT ON THE
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Second best to the memory of a ghost. The spare that was never meant to be the heir and that was just fine with Grayson Chandler. He was a successful tech giant but there was something missing in his life. It took a city wide blackout to shed some light on just what or who he needed to bring both a dose of reality and off the charts chemistry to his life.

Nadia’s life in Chicago consisted of supporting her brother, avoiding becoming her mother and being on call to her boss who had no problem with
LJT
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed BLAME IT ON THE BILLIONAIRE by Naima Simone. It is a meaningful read, with amazing characters that touched my heart, and loathsome characters that evoked tremendous dislike. This is the the third and final book from the BLACKOUT BILLIONAIRES series, and it can be read as a standalone.

Nadia Jordan had to grow up fast, because her trampy mother did not care whether she or her younger brother lived or died. Nadia knew she had to keep her brother safe, so they relocated to Chicago
Fly Girl Wickedcoolflight blogger
I’m never disappointed by a Harlequinn book. They are just simple, short, easy reading and always an HEA. What more could a girl ask for. In this one we see a hardworking-sacrificing woman hook up with Prince Charming. Well, something like that. He starts out as a prince, and then looses a little luster along the way. By the end though, he gets the shine back and she truly appreciates the changes.

It’s not quite Cinderella, but it is very close. Nadia is caring for her brother because their
Mile High KINK
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh yes and yes and yes!! Billionaire Romance is my catnip and this story was hands down everything I love about the trope. Add some one-night sexual heat with a plus size heroine and you have the ingredients for the perfect romantic dish.
Say hello to Grayson Chandler, uber rich by birth and the latest tech titan who struggles with his family as the spare heir to the Chandler dynasty. Grayson finds a connection with sexy, caring Nadia Jordan during a blackout. Its obvious Grayson’s character is
Jenica
Naima Simone never disappoints. Blame It on the Billionaire was tightly plotted and full of emotion and also really steamy sexy times. I loved literally every page and devoured it in one sitting.

Nadia is such a fascinating character because on the one hand, she is so confident and impressive in the way she sort of goes for what she wants, but at the same time, you can see all the times she has sacrificed what she wants for what's best for her brother. I liked the push-pull of that dynamic.
Shana
Denise Van plew
It had been awhile since I had read this author with once I started this one I realized how much I had missed the style of her writing. She can take her characters and use them to lure you into their world with their story right from the beginning. I hardly read straight contemporary anymore but this one caught my eye. It will start out hot with something else to come out of it. It will be the type you are waiting to see where the man will go and more and more side with the female. Nadia has us ...more
Vilma
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong, independent woman meets loner billionaire

Nadia is a strong, independent, older sister just taking care of her younger brother and trying to survive. Until she meets the handsome and lonely billionaire, Grayson Chandler. Sparks fly between the two of them as they as stuck together 8n a blackout.

And while the hookup was supposed to be one and done, Grayson can’t forget Nadia. When the opportunity arises, Nadia helps Grayson deflect his family business responsibility and Grayson helps Nadia
Lynn Brooks
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delectable passion! With book three in her Blackout Billionaires series, Naima Simone continues to delight us with swoon worthy characters in BLAME IT ON THE BILLIONAIRE.

Nadia is a kind-hearted person who put a good bit of her life on hold to raise her little brother. She's had a crush on her boss Grayson, but never thought she had a chance ... until a blackout unleashes passion she's never experienced before.

Grayson is a shrewd businessman who has felt less-than most of his life, but he's not
Mickey
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WONDERFUL!

It reaffirms your commitment to reading books when one of your favourite authors continues to publish gems like Blame It on the Billionaire after years of writing, yet Naima Simone seems to have little effort doing so. The story is connected to her other Billionaire novels via the blackout theme however, that is where the similarity ends. The main characters are completely different in temperament, circumstances and situations. What happens in their lives and how they react also
Cherie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The latest installment of the Blackout Billionaire series has Nadia Jordan literally running into Grayson Chandler minutes before the lights go out. Secrets are exchanged in the dark along with stolen kisses - a one time only thing...until Grayson sees her days later and he realizes she’s his employee. A run in with his overbearing mother and money hungry ex force him into convincing Nadia into a fake engagement. Nadia’s past doesn’t measure up to Grayson’s family standards. Pick this book up to ...more
Adrienne Bird
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After spending a steamy night with the President of her company, Nadia finds herself in the lobby of her work, face to face with him. After his mother corners him at the same time, he concocts an idea that gives Nadia an offer she can’t refuse.

I love Nadia’s character so much. She is such a strong character that you fall in love with right away. Grayson is the hero you end up cheering for throughout the book. I have loved the Blackout Billionaires Series by Naima Simone. When provided an
Siobhan Muir
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ir-romance
Ms. Simone wraps up the Blackout Billionaires series with a fantastic end piece. What I loved about this story was the heroine learned about her strength, about how magnificent she truly was with or without the hero. And she could love him without needing him and she was prepared to be herself no matter what. I LOVED IT. Grayson truly had to learn how to see Nadia as a person separate from other people, and definitely not like every other woman out there. It was a wonderful story and a great ...more

• The Worst Best Man
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Temporary Wife Temptation
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Sweet Talkin' Lover (Girls Trip, #1)
  • Caden's #Situationship (To Marry a Madden #3)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Grand Theft N.Y.E. (Heist Holidays, #1)
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • A Taste of Her Own Medicine
  • Snowbound Squeeze (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #8)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • A Big Surprise for Valentine's Day (Holidays with the Wongs, #4)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • One Bed for Christmas (Baldwin Village, #0.5)
  • A Worthy Opponent (Wicked Villains, #3)
  • Lethal Exposure (Harlequin Blaze, No. 423) (Perfect Anatomy, #3)
USA Today Bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey, Sandra Brown and Linda Howard many years ago. Well not that many. She is only eighteen…ish. Though her first attempt at a romance novel starring Ralph Tresvant from New Edition never saw the light of day, her love of romance, reading and writing has endured. Published since 2009, she spends her days— ...more