Start by marking “One Day at Disney: Meet the People Who Make the Magic Across the Globe” as Want to Read:
One Day at Disney: Meet the People Who Make the Magic Across the Globe

One Day at Disney: Meet the People Who Make the Magic Across the Globe

Discover what it's like to report to work every day for The Walt Disney Company. Step behind the scenes to immerse yourself in one "ordinary" day at Disney. In addition to the book, the Disney+ team was on hand to capture stories along the way. A full-length documentary and 52 short-form episodes expand the profiles and delve deeper into the essence of what it's like to be ...more
Published December 3rd 2019 by Disney Editions

To ask other readers questions about One Day at Disney, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Day at Disney

Start your review of One Day at Disney: Meet the People Who Make the Magic Across the Globe
Jessica
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review as part of a blog tour.

When I first heard about this book I was beyond excited because I actually have the old One Day at Disney book that Disney put out in 2000. That book shows one day at the Disney parks.

This book goes above and beyond the parks and shows cast members in all areas of the company. I loved the range of people and jobs they showcased. One of my favorites was Thomas Self, who checks the underwater mechanics of The
JenLovesBooks
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me all kinds of happy. Not only does it completely pertain to all things Disney, but the colors in here, with the stories of those working to keep that fantastical world going for many of us, the joy that exudes from these pages, is completely magical in itself.The pages come to life with all those stories and one full day of events and attractions becomes a lifetime of unforgettable memories.

And there is so much to choose from when reading One Day at Disney. In a span of a full
Madi ~☆TheBookNerdDiaries☆~
I love Disney so much ...more
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

One Day at Disney is a fascinating global look into what goes on in just one day at Disney and the expansive truth of it will drop your jaw. Stunning pictures that draw you in and dazzle your imagination, perspectives and personal pieces that give a foundational dose of reality upon which the magic is crafted, and page after page of experience and behind-the-scenes content that will have you clutching this book to your chest leaving you lost in thought in the endless dreams
Cori
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, well-photographed coffee table book highlighting different Disney cast members, both those behind-the-scenes and those on stage. Has inspired my children to find more nuances in their future Imagineering dreams.
Christina
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I saw this on Amazon, and it seemed interesting, though not interesting enough for me to buy it. Fortunately, I have a wonderful local library. A recent release, they didn’t have it in their collection, and the closest copy available through inter-library loan was several states away. So I suggested it via my library’s on-line form, and in a day or so received an e-mail that the book would be ordered, and shortly after another e-mail to let me know it was a available to check out. (They don’t ...more
Paige Green
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this book from the Mouse himself for this tour! Thanks Disney! All opinions are my own.

Author: Bruce Steele, Bob Iger (introduction)

Book Series: Standalone

Rating: 5/5

Publication Date: December 3, 2019

Publisher: Disney Editions

Recommended Age: 10+ (great for anyone really!)

Synopsis: Discover what it's like to report to work every day for The Walt Disney Company. Step behind the scenes to immerse yourself in one "ordinary" day at Disney. In addition to the book, the Disney+
J.
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“A Disney job is less a destination than a limitless journey.” And boy, what a journey it is – even just in one day!

The unprecedented book-and-documentary collaboration between Disney Publishing Worldwide and Disney+ explores what an “ordinary” day might look like for cast members at The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) across the globe and in various roles.

Cast members’ stories are captured by astonishing behind-the-scenes photos and engaging text. Safe to say, you are going to want this book on
Elisquared
When I was selected for this blog tour, I screamed. I have been wanting this book since I found out about it, and I have another copy waiting to ship out on December 3rd. Why you may ask? Because I am a DISNEY FANATIC!

My whole family lives, eats, and breathes Disney. We've been Annual Passholders since I was a child. We've seen almost every Disney movie (both animated and not), and yes, I'm talking even the old ones. We've been to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland, with plans on Disneyland
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved:
The photographs in this book were amazing! Each page is filled with beautiful photos giving the reader a wonderful look into each cast member’s day. Some photos are head-shots of the cast, or while they are working. Other pages have multiple shots of the person working on something.

One of the many that I loved was Thomas Self. His page tells us that he is a machinist on The Jungle Cruise. The page talks about Thomas and his job. His photos though, were of him working on The Jungle
Olivia
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-reviews
ONE DAY AT DISNEY is the charming coffee table book all Disney fans need. The book takes you on a photographic journey through many of the different jobs held by employees around the globe. The blurbs give a great idea about their job and why love doing it as well as the breadth of experience and job types. This was a really fascinating book to flip through and read.

Each person is featured in their job, from animatronics to analysis to hosting television shows on subsidiaries, and the fun detail
Jamie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I’m a huge Disney fan and was actually at Walt Disney World when this book came out. I didn’t wanna shove it carelessly into my luggage so I was thrilled when I got it as a Christmas gift from my fiancé.

This book made me so happy. I love the peeks into the lives of people in all aspects of the Walt Disney company. From the images to the stories, each page kept my interest and wanted to get to know these people even more. (I watched the documentary after reading this and wanted it to be more
Skyway to Adventureland
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was actually surprisingly insightful and interesting. I didn't really expect to learn about so many fascintating people that work for the Disney company. And the variety of jobs that are covered is great, you get to see cast members from all over the world in all kinds of roles. Even roles you would never think would exist.

The photography in the book is also very well done. I received this book as a present and I would be hesitant to pay full price for it. You would not be getting full
Katie
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
As a big Disney parks fan, I was interested in hesring about all the people that go into the magical experience. It is very cool to read this and discover exactly what I have always been meant to do within the pages.. I liked to hear the stories of the people, it makes me appreciate them and the magic even more!
Jef
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great book that Chronicles the time of one of Disney's CEO'S.

I enjoyed the transition, career lessons and getting an insight into what the day to day life of a CEO looks like and well worth a read.
Kimmie1
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every page of this book, as a Disney fanatic it was incredibly cool to get another inside look at who and how they make the Disney brand run every day! And to make it even better, we were in the parks on its release day, so I couldn’t wait to get it home and dig in!!!
Marla
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is well made and a wonderful coffee table book. I do wish it focused on all Disney park related employees and less about ESPN and ABC staff. I was hoping to learn more about the parks and people who make them the happiest place on earth!
Mikayla T.
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interesting look into what different Disney employees do and their backstories.
Holly (Texan Girl Reviews)
This was a really interesting book about what goes on behind the scenes at a place that everyone loves or wants to go visit!

With jaw-dropping photos of scenes that we all know and love from Disney to what it takes to run a company of that size, this book is truly amazing. My only issue with this book is the simple fact that it was focusing more on the shows than the actual park itself. Don't get me wrong, the pictures were breath-taking but I would have loved to see more of the park itself than
Callie
“I believe that where words end, art begins.” - Jose Zelaya

What a beautiful book! If you love Disney, have ever dreamed of working for Disney, or are just curious about the people who make the magic, this is the book for you.

Definitely glad I added this one to my collection.
Lisa D
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Perfect book for Disney junkies like me ! Great behind the scenes book! Can’t wait to watch series& enjoy this book more in the future! It Made a great Christmas present!
Holly
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Was hoping for a much more in-depth view. Very cool concept, but each profile was quite superficial.
Jule Gamache
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Monster Hypothesis
  • 29 Seconds
  • Passage (Akasha #1)
  • Charlie Hernández the Castle of Bones (Charlie Hernández, #2)
  • The Grace Year
  • ExtraNormal (ExtraNormal, #1)
  • The Wanderlust Diaries: It's a long way home from here.
  • Ivory (Manhattan Ten, #2)
  • Sam's Town
  • Do Doodlebugs Doodle? Amazing Insect Facts
  • Giracula
  • Love
  • Wild Hunger  (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • The Complete Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs; Pickles to Pittsburgh
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles, #1)
  • The Stillwater Girls