Start by marking “Instinct: A Prehistoric Romance” as Want to Read:
Instinct: A Prehistoric Romance

Instinct: A Prehistoric Romance

He’s the risk she’s willing to take...

The prehistoric earth is a brutal beauty, where menacing males stalk and snatch away unprotected women to disappear into the untamed wilds.

She learned a hard lesson as a child they day her own mother was taken. Men are dangerous. Men are cruel. Men are not to be trusted. With her only family gone, she must fend for herself
Published September 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Instinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instinct

Start your review of Instinct: A Prehistoric Romance
Joana Almeida
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story, that the author @allisonblackwood so generously sent to me in exchange of my honest review, got me gripped to it from the beginning.
The story’s centers on “She” (this is the name I gave her since it’s not mention on the book) a girl that lost her mother when she was young, taken away by two man, which made “She” suspicious of all man. But then, one day, when “She” is doing her daily life, Stranger appears, and that’s when it starts to get interesting. Their relationship, given “She”
Skylar Nightingale
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

The story was well written. The world she built for the characters was well defined. It held my interest from beginning to end. If you’re looking for a great romance to read, look no further!

An ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review.

To see the entire review please visit: https://skylar001.wixsite.com/romance...
Kristina
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***

I have never read a prehistoric romance before this debut novella from Allison Blackwood, and I was not disappointed!

The heroine and hero have to navigate through communication barriers and the heroine's fear in this charming romance. It's amazing how people can come together without a common language (or signs/signals in this case) and let their actions speak for them.

The writing was on point, the time period off
colelovesreading_nz
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Allison Blackwood's debut novella Instinct was an excellent read. Never before have I enjoyed a prehistoric romance as much as this.

In her clan men are disgusting, men are known as the enemy and are vile creatures; that's what she was made to believe - until she met one.
When she and pet keep encountering a dark-haired dark-eyed stranger, she's forced to recognise a whole new meaning to life, one with feelings and the unknown.
Will she succumb to these feelings and reach ou
Rose
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debut Novella by Allison Blackwood
🍃
This novella is set in prehistoric time. I haven’t read one in a while, and I am always interested in each authors take on the people. Some make them very innocent, and simple. Some make them much more advance. Some do a little bit of both.
🍃
Allison’s take is a bit of both. Spoken language, they are simple. Signing, and facial expressions are how they communicate. But they are more advance in their social interactions, tools, and thoughts
Katie
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Instinct is a short, fun story that will have you falling in love.

This story follows an unnamed woman as she goes about her daily life in the prehistoric world: hunting, fishing, and doing all she needs to do to survive. She lives in a clan of all women, and after watching her mother be taken from her by men, she doesn't wish to leave her safe home. That is, until a handsome stranger shows up at her fishing pond.

I really loved the use of language in this book. Given that it was preh
Asha
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Instinct is Allison Blackwood's debut novella. I wasn't really sure what to expect from a prehistoric romance, but overall, I thought this was a great start for a debut novella. The storyline was unique and kept me intrigued from page one. The author did an amazing job developing characters in this particular world. It was fascinating to read a novella where there were no actual character names. It was wonderful to see the chemistry build between the characters. My favorite part of the novella w ...more
Nerdy Housewifey
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
High heat novella

So this novella was not quite my cup of tea but my reasons for not loving it are pluses for a lot of romance readers. While this was a novella there was I feel like a lot of graphic sex. I tend to read slow burn, low heat so this was definitely out of my comfort zone. The writing was great and it was a very original concept (cave men/women). So I definitely recommend it for people who like a lot of smexy times.
Ashley Zarzaur
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chelsy Bognot
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the prehistoric love story I didn’t know I needed. Even though the characters didn’t really speak you can still feel everything they felt. Amazing!
Claire
Sep 24, 2019
Erica
Sep 28, 2019
Allison Blackwood
Aug 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine