Start by marking “The Dharma of Fashion: A Buddhist Approach to Our Life with Clothes” as Want to Read:
The Dharma of Fashion: A Buddhist Approach to Our Life with Clothes

The Dharma of Fashion: A Buddhist Approach to Our Life with Clothes

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Our desires for fashion, our addiction to cheap clothes, our fixation on surface looks . . . can we find ways to make what we wear more positive? Here's a quirky, irreverent way to consider what's a more sustainable way to be with--and still enjoy--fashion. This little book shows that fashion isn't shallow but connects us to the depths of existence. Especially today, ...more
Published February 28th 2020 by Schiffer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Dharma of Fashion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dharma of Fashion

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of The Dharma of Fashion: A Buddhist Approach to Our Life with Clothes
Michelle Mathias
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This book discusses our attitudes to the clothes we wear and buy from a Buddhist perspective, including many interviews with Josh Korda of Dharma Punx, of whom I’m a fan. As a postgraduate student of Buddhism, I was expecting a lot more from this book, it seemed to be aimed at those who identify as shopping addicts rather than general consumers.

It discusses the dopamine hit we get from the search for new item (which decreases when we actually buy the item, which perpetuates the cycle of
M - The long hot spell
To skip to where I start on the book itself scroll to 'Now, on to the book...' :)

It seems I don’t have too much of a problem or addiction to fashion. To be honest, I knew that going in. So why did I put my name down to read this book, then? Well, because in the past I’ve read a lot of Buddhist philosophy (I can’t even remember most of the books so I’ve only added a few to Goodreads) but also because I think though my relationship to fashion is tenuous, my relationship to my clothes/fashion is
Sweetheart_Seer
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received an e-arc from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. *

This was quite a quick, easy to comprehend, read.

I like reading about Buddhist topics and for whatever reason, this caught my eye. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't really it. Both in a good and bad way.

I feel the target demographic is people that are obsessed with clothing, fashion, and having the latest piece of attire. However, I also feel that his is the group *least* likely to ever pick this up.

The
Maya
Dec 17, 2019
Amanda
Feb 11, 2020
Emma
Feb 17, 2020

• Mahayana Buddhism: The Doctrinal Foundations
  • The Wife (Kristin Lavransdatter, #2)
  • The Wreath (Kristin Lavransdatter, #1)
  • Poverty Safari
  • The Art of Solitude
  • Ink in the Blood: A Hospital Diary
  • The Velveteen Rabbit
  • Три ябълки паднаха от небето
  • Mr. Popper's Penguins
  • The Boy from the Woods
  • This Being, That Becomes (Buddhist Wisdom in Practice)
  • Marriage and Lasting Relationships With Asperger's Syndrome: Successful Strategies for Couples or Counselors
  • Up Jumped the Devil: The Real Life of Robert Johnson
  • The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter
  • Overdevelopment, Overpopulation, Overshoot