Start by marking “The Burn (High School Bully Romance) (Diamond Lake High School Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Burn (High School Bully Romance) (Diamond Lake High School Book 1)

The Burn (High School Bully Romance) (Diamond Lake High School Book 1)

Previously titled AFTER BURN

Written by USA Today Bestselling Authors K.L. Middleton and Cassie Alexandra

I didn't think there could be anything worse than losing my parents... until I changed schools and became the target of the A-squad - the cruel and popular a-holes of Diamond Lake High. The worst of the group? Chase Adams. An arrogant, rich, hell-raiser who gets his
Published August 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Burn (High School Bully Romance), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burn (High School Bully Romance)

ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
Book 2 can’t come quick enough.

41/2 stars read.

I thought I was going to be over HSBR but this one pretty much got me hooked. I think the hero and heroine of the story nailed it for me but what had me so liking it is the characters in this book and that’s pretty amazing for me.

Chase and MacKenzie are totally different from one another but yet the chemistry and sparks really doesn’t get off quick, but a little slower which I like. I however do enjoy when you have a girlfriend/ex girlfriend who
Karen
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
It was pretty good. It didn't quite end cliffhanger per se but you'd want to continue the series. I love the "burn" on someone who decided to mess with her!!
taylorpriziola
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it

So this book was recommended on Facebook so I gave it a go. Let me start by saying this was my first time reading a book by these authors and I think they have a lot of potential...

First things first tho...When I read the blurb on goodreads and then read the book, the MMC wasn’t anything as described in this book. He wasn’t this arrogant, rich, hell-raiser, a**hole prick.. I actually thought he was more on the wimpy side, definitely not your usual alpha male that are in these type of books. Als
Courtney Walker
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
A little too short

This book was a little too short for my liking. It could have benefited from some length added. The characters could have been fleshed out or more science were the main characters interacted. I would also recommend going back and fixing where the main male character is called by his last name but it’s the wrong name.
Shanene Wayne
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Burn

I really liked this story so far I definitely can’t wait to see what happens next! There was some editing that needs fixed but it didn’t take away from the story at all! Man payback was awesome where Gus is concerned! I hope I don’t have to wait long for the next book to be released!
Heather
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This book was great, the way the mc got back at her bully was brilliant, I don't want to say to much because I will give away to much can't wait until next one is out
Laura Duval
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of LoL moments

About 4.5 star rating.
This book had some pretty laugh out loud moments. It was a good thing no one was next to me laughing like a loon.
The storyline was pretty standard of bullies and the guy and the girl and the ex. There were lots of moments were I just wanted to slap my forehead from such immature behavior and stupidity but we are supposed to be reading about high school age teens/kids.
Over all it was good and I'm willing to read more.
Uhleeseeuh
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good opening book

This is the first book I have read by either author, and I was really impressed. I look forward to reading the next book in the series. I hope they expand this story and write books for the supporting characters. I feel I should warn: this isn't your typical high school bully romance. I was expecting the hero Chase to be the bully, when it really was mostly his crew. Regardless I can't wait to read the next one, and hope I don't have a long wait.
Missy Brown
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!

What a good bully romance story. You get so used to reading the ones where the guy is a complete jerk. Not the case here. Yeah there is some billing going on, but the female lead gives as much as she gets. And that ending, was so very nice. Can’t wait to see what book two brings.
Nikolett Farkas
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

This book was great!!!!! There were so many times I laughed. I really enjoyed it. And Mackenzie and Kara are awesome. I hope Kara doesn’t end up being a fake friend but i don’t think she will be. As for Mackenzie and chase I hope they get a HEA! And Mattie gets what she has coming to her. Definitely recommend this book!
Jamie Ellis
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good start

Loving the start of this series. And boyoboy payback is definitely a biotch!! Can't wait for the next book. I seriously hope Mattie gets what is coming for her too.
I recommend this book
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Felicia
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Captured my interest

This book captured my interest from the start and I enjoyed it. The only downfall was some editing errors where the sentences were missing words to complete the thought.
Maria Banales
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I really enjoyed reading this book, their where some mistakes but it was still a really good read and I am really looking forward to reading the next book in this series.. I can’t wait..
Amber
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

The book started a little slow for me but really picked up and was quite an entertaining read. I really liked the characters and the overall storyline. I will definitely check out book 2.
Pauline
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I would give this a 3.5. Writing was good, and the MC was someone that I enjoyed reading about. I didn't like how it ended so abruptly, looking forward to the next one.
kevin lawes
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Flat

The storyline had potential but characters and dialogue were very flat.

I needed nine more words to submit this review.
Melissa Keim
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hummmm

This book is decent and I liked the story, however it needs some serious edits. I’ll still be reading the rest.
Deb
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!

This was sooo much fun to read!! I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the book!! The ending was so awesome, lol!!
Lisa Sanderson
Manda
Sep 08, 2019
Aysha
Sep 03, 2019
I am a wife and mother of two girls, Cassie and Allie. I live in Minnesota and, yes, our winters are legendary! I believe this has a lot to do with my passion for reading and writing, which is something I'd like to make a full time career of sometime in the future. Right now my days are filled with chasing after children in my daycare but at night I chase after my dreams of becoming a popular writ ...more