Start by marking “Husbands and Other Lovers” as Want to Read:
Husbands and Other Lovers

Husbands and Other Lovers

3.21  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Set in contemporary England and America, Husbands and Lovers unfolds through the eyes of two women who have married two brothers from a respectable English family. When the women are challenged by an unwelcome newcomer in their lives, each is forced to fight for her home, family, and husband. Only one will succeed.
Published April 1st 2007 by Orion Publishing (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Husbands and Other Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Husbands and Other Lovers

Tony
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I have given some thought as to why I did and I think it is because the characters are so believable and the author questions relationships between males and females. I read it in two days and couldn't wait to se what happened next so I suppose that is the sign of a good read.
Ria
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful interwoven story about many couples whose fates and lives are interwoven in a complicated way.
Susannah and James outwardly have the perfect marriage, he is successful in business, she works as an estate agent, they have a, Matthew 14 from Susannah's previous marriage whom James loves like his own but are things what they seem?
No one knows that Susannah is trapped in a pretty much loveless marriage, just the security keeps her there and James' drinking is spiralling out of control.
The
Bev Taylor
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
say goodbye to happiness if u choose the wrong man ....

susannah and james seem to have the perfect life. successful careers, a lifestyle to be envied and no money problems. h/e in the background we have james' drinking problems which bring back memories of susannah's past

his brother robert, is a millionaire p.r. man. h/e his determination to be in control leads to acts that anyone would question. now his ex-wife has to tackle him again for the sake of their daughter.

great characters that u ca
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, friends
James Agnew is a lawyer who is married to Susannah, a real estate agent, and they share her son Matthew. On the outside they look like they have a happy marriage but James is an alcoholic so there are many battles being fought behind closed doors, especially while James won’t acknowledge that he has a problem.

Robert Agnew, James’ younger brother is a PR man with his own business and he treats his women abominably – there is his ex wife Tabitha, who is still tied to him by their daughter Araminta
Katie Grainger
Jul 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
Really did not enjoy this book, it was one of those novels about rich couples in perfect homes with awful marriages. The only character who I slightly connected with was Tabita but even her I found weak and irritating in places. The book ends predictably and unsatisfactorily it was a struggle to finish.
Amy
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good, I was expecting a bit of a wishy washy book but it turned out to be something with guts - not bad.
Helen Carolan
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
an o.k read. two brothers and their partners all with their relationship problems.
Martine
Graag gelezen.
Ania
Jan 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
Awful book. I didn't even bother to finish it.
Gul-e-zehra
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rich people, huge houses, fancy dining, expensive apparels and aweful marriages.
JenniferB
Quite good authoress and very readable. Realistic in part but at times too dark and plot a bit manipulative.
Sophie Hewson