Start by marking “Clueless Cabot” as Want to Read:
Clueless Cabot

Clueless Cabot

Young gay professional Cabot MacCrae has been in love with his sexy best friend, Lloyd, since high school. They’re in perfect sync on almost everything. The only problem is that Lloyd is straight.

Published September 16th 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Clueless Cabot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clueless Cabot

Start your review of Clueless Cabot
☆ Todd
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

This story was a bit of an exercise in frustration, but not in an entirely bad way.

Cabot and Lloyd met and became inseparable at eleven years old, with Cabot coming out to Lloyd in his junior year of high school, and Lloyd not even batting an eye.

But there might have been a reason behind that easy acceptance, seeing as Lloyd is an MC in a *gay* romance and all. ;- )

Yeah, these two had cautiously flitted around one another for seventeen years, without ever divulging how they truly felt, but th/>Cabot
Waleska 'Wally'
3.5 stars of Delightfull Clueless

Clueless Cabot by André D. Michaels

Clueless Cabot by André D. Michaels is a quirky , sweet and humorous , easy to read, light-hearted short story.

It tells the tale of Cabot and Lloyd , two twentysomething best friends since they were pretweens.
Cabot is gay , think Lloyd is straight and have been secretly in love with Lloyd forever.
Lloyd is straight-ish , wants more than friendship with Cabot , have bee
Erika
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ebook, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for the complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Even with all the dark subjects brought up in this book, Cabot and Lloyd are just so cute together. And Cabot really is clueless as everyone can see Lloyd's affection from 10 miles away. They've been friends since they were 12, and Cabot can only interpret all of Lloyd's affectionate banter as part of being best bros.

I loved all the side characters including Lloyd's mom and family, and their close relati
Ed Davis
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3 and 1/2 Stars. I enjoyed this book. It was a pleasure to read it for NetGalley. It was a sweet story and I probably would have given it 4 stars except I got a little frustrated with how clueless Calbot truly was. It was so obvious that Lloyd loved him I wanted to scream at them. It was still an enjoyable read for when you need something light and sweet.
Mandy Brennan
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucy
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cabot and Lloyd are as close as two people who are not a couple can be. They have been besties since they were preteens and have only grown closer as the years pass. Cabot is another son to Lloyd’s family and the two grew up spending the nights at one house or the other. Now 28, Lloyd has fallen out of a window and broken some bones. He needs someone to take care of him and who else but Cabot?

Cabot has been unlucky in lust, let alone love. He’s tried but no one really hits his buttons and those
Qukatheg
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clueless Cabot by André D. Michaels is an M/M contemporary romance novella. Cabot MacCrae has been in love with his best friend Lloyd for as long as he can remember. But Lloyd is straight, and Lloyd’s family is like a second family to Cabot, so he has never said anything about it. When Lloyd falls out of a window and breaks his wrist and collarbone, Cabot of course offers to take care of him. They are best friends after all.

The title pretty much covers it. Cabot is clueless. Actually
Kristina
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great book, it was funny and sweet and aggravating at times, as well. I needed something just like this because I was beginning to feel a bit slumpy but it's all good now.

Cabot was a bit, well, like the title said “Clueless” and I found it so amusing just HOW Clueless he was at times. I loved how much he was devoted to Lloyd’s family and to Lloyd himself, how he valued that friendship more than anything.

Lloyd was a hoot at times, especially when on pain meds. I wasn’t sure at
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clueless Cabot by André D. Michaels was my first book by this author and I loved it. The writing and story are so good! I loved Cabot and Lloyd.
Charlotte
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cabot and Lloyd love each other as best friends, or is it more… or less… or… two confused men trying to take care of each other like they always have (or maybe differently). – Kinzie Things

I enjoyed this novel and its messy main characters. Cabot and Lloyd have been best friends for a very, very long time. Pretty much since the moment he knew that he was gay, Cabot has known that he was attracted to Lloyd but has never acted on it. After all, that’s not how you keep a best friend. ...more
Michelle
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn’t love this book. The way it was written and the way the story unfolded. I don’t know.... it just wasn’t for me.

The main characters were just blah. Lloyd and Cabot have been friends since they were kids. Cabot came out to Lloyd in eleventh grade. But Lloyd seemed to keep his full sexuality a secret from Cabot. Letting him think and assume he was straight. I don’t get why he would do that. I mean... you’re best friends.
He just keeps dropping hints here and there that he’s
Emy
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I got an ARC from NetGalley.

The problems I have with this book are not because of the story itself, actually I always love bestfriends falling in love. The problems are in the building of the book. It took me an hour to get through the entire book, there was no building, or tension, or anything. It was a quick read I enjoyed, but it would've been SOOOO much better if it were a longer book with more background.
Ali
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 3 stars out of 5

This was a nice story though I hated that they continued to make it out that Cabot was clueless about what was going through Lloyd’s head while Lloyd wasn’t able to vocalize his own desires either. I liked that Cabot and Lloyd have stayed such great friends since they were in school.

I liked both of these guys and even though we say everything through Cabot’s eyes I could see people trying
Stacey
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Review excerpted from my blog post over at Pan/Cis LGBT2SQ+ Romance Reviews (https://pancis.wordpress.com/2019/09/...)

Overall Rating: 3.5 stars

Library recommendation: Recommended for public library LGBT2SQ+ romance ebook collections.

Warning: Hereafter, you chance spoilers. I will try never to reveal major plot points, but to review any book, you must reveal some parts of the story.

_______________
blub
more a 3.5 star read

Cabot is in love with his straight best friend, Lloyd. When Lloyd gets hurt he rushes to help him and provides some TLC. Lloyd however, isn't as straight as Cabot thinks and he keeps dropping hints but Cabot just takes it as a teasing and playful banter. When Lloyd's mother sets Cabot up on a blind date things come to a head.

This book was exceptionally frustrating. The communication between the Cabot and Lloyd made me want to bang my head against the w
Angie
My Review: I received a complimentary copy of this book via Netgalley. The following is my honest review and opinion. I was originally drawn to this book by the cover (honestly, you throw food on a book cover and I will want to read it), but I really wanted to pick it up because of the clear friends to lovers trope. This was a very quick read and I would have preferred it to have been a little longer. We get to know Cabot and Lloyd pretty quickly but I would have liked to have seen more of their friendship bef ...more
Savannah

Cabot resigned himself long ago to pining hopelessly. Then Lloyd, a roofer, takes a bad fall and injures his collarbone. When he needs some TLC, there’s no question that Cabot will be the one to nurse his friend back to health. But Lloyd’s scantily clad presence in Cabot’s house brings out C
Amy Dufera
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Clueless Cabot, by Andre D Michaels, is a tender story of two best friends who secretly love one another.

One is openly gay, the other is assumed to be straight.

I love the title, as yes, Cabot is often clueless, but he's definitely clueless about the way Lloyd feels about him. Cabot's long loved Lloyd, but can't make a move since his friend is straight. Poor Cabot.

In reality though, this story frustrates me, as I don't know why it's all Cabot's fault
RE Reader
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This was okay for me. I found the lack of honest communication frustrating (on the part of both men), and I couldn't stand the character of Malcolm was one of the most irritating and unlikable characters I've encountered in a long time. :(

Separately, I liked both Cabot and Floyd, but man, they couldn't communicate for anything, and I felt like too much rested on that fact (when any adult would've talked through things much sooner, imo).

The supporting characters (especially Lloyd's f
Jeff
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Clueless Cabot. It was an enjoyable take on the friends to lovers story. In my opinion, Lloyd was pretty clueless too. Hinting and game playing are always the best way to express one's self and to be taken seriously. Loved the characters and the slow burn realizations. Michaels' word-crafting was very well done.

I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Angelique
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Clueless Cabot,
well the title fits the book perfect,can`t say otherwise.
It is a sweet and for me funny book.If you will read it differentley.
Cabot`s cluelessness can be too much to take it well.
Butt it is a nice read and what I am just thinking a new author just
starting out.
a good start for me 3,5 stars.
love to see more dept,steam en p.o.v.from both sides

arc was given by netgalley
Tracie R
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
My first read by André D. Michaels, Clueless Cabot is a m/m friends to lover’s contemporary romance. I liked the characters and the story and will look to explore more by this author and will recommend to readers of this genre.
Coltostallion
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A good one-sitting read kind of book. There wasn't really any "what will happen next?" kind of feelings, and all in all it was rather predictable. The characters were fairly interesting, though, and the story was good.
Read Books and Escape c/o Simone McArthur
Lovely main characters
Cabot is truly clueless, how nearly every conversation just seems to bring him further away from what they should actually be taking about
Bree
Sep 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia
Unfortunately I did not enjoy this one. I didn’t care about the characters, there was nothing of substance. I was bored.
Michael Mooney
Sep 21, 2019

• All or Nothing
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Love on the Hudson
  • Time Turns (Out of Time, #4)
  • Breathe Out Slow
  • Lucky Break (Clean Slate Ranch, #4)
  • Out of the Ashes
  • No Good Men
  • Tallowwood
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Rocket Science
  • Bio-Mechanical (Irons and Works, #4)
  • He Dreams Magic
  • Love Around the Corner (New Milton #1.5)
  • Taboo for You (Love and Family, #1)
Having held jobs as varied as wedding caterer, IT guru, nanny, construction worker, librarian, historical reenactor, screenplay consultant, and birthday party clown, André now writes poetry, plays, and romances and erotic fiction about men loving men. A lifelong bibliophile, André lives in a renovated 1800s parsonage in Ohio, with a variable number of cats and an invariable number of husband.