Start by marking “A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)” as Want to Read:
A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)

A Crown of Iron & Silver

(Soulbound #3)

Never promise a life that isn’t yours to give.

New York City is decked out for the holidays, and Special Agent Patrick Collins is looking forward to a reunion with his old team when he gets assigned a new case. A human child is missing, and the changeling left in her place causes a prominent witch family to demand justice from the fae.

Meanwhile, continued harassment
Published September 10th 2019

Start your review of A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
Corina
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, m-m

I'm in LOVE!!!!

Ever since readingKate Daniels, the Foxhole Court, Captive Prince, or Red Rising I've been clamoring for a new series to fall in love with. Finally, I found another one to fill the hole that Kate Daniels left behind. Lucky me,there will be 7 books in all.

A Crown of Iron & Silver was as fantastic as hoped. It delivered on the key points that I was most interested in, Patrick and Jono's relationship, their growing pack, and an action packed story.

Patrick and Jono are a
Cadiva
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet, full review tomorrow when I'm capable of making sense!

***

Hailey Turner, I swear you get inside my head and pull out all the best things I love about mythology and magic and then work them into a book plot.

A Crown of Iron & Silver had everything which fascinates me about the Fae and how they're intertwined with both Scottish and Irish mythology at such a deep level.

Cú Chulainn, Balor the King of the Fomorians (who never get talked about but who I have an intimate relationship
Jewel
4.5 Stars

I think that when the last book of this series comes out, I am going to binge read the whole thing. It's just that good! I love it when an author mixes mythology with paranormal, especially when their take feels fresh and the world they've built is so vivid. Bonus points for using my favorite Celtic deities, too! Haley Turner is rocking my world with her Soulbound series.

A Crown of Iron & Silver picks right up where All Souls Near & Nigh left off. Patrick, Jono, and their pack
~Volha~
Another epic adventure from Ms Turner. From the cold streets of New York to the freezing Cliffs of Ireland, Fae and humans fight for their lives. Celtic Gods wage war for power, Dominion Sect allies with the dark forces for bid for immortality, and Patrick and Jono fight for freedom and a life of an innocent caught in between.

There is never a dull moment in Patrick's life since he met Jono. From bizarre cases to pack challenges, he will see it through with Jono by his side. Their god pack maybe
Ariana
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3,75 stars*

For me, this was a difficult read. Cause my brain had real trouble keeping up with all the new characters, gods, deals, powers - which ultimately is on me, but then again...

So I’ll try to sum it up neatly …

.) Jono slowly becoming the alpha he will be, taking on new responsibilities.
.) Jono being Jono – he is the most caring, protective and loving guy *melting into gooey puddles*
.) Jono naming his feelings.
.) Patrick realizing his own feelings for Jono, even if he can’t label
Deborah
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5*

First things first...I love these guys. Patrick and Jonothan. Along with the world that’s been created here. The ongoing issue with Estelle and Youssef. Jono’s pack and especially Wade. Wade just steals every scene he’s in. I love that boy but I’m glad I don’t have to cover the cost of his food.

But....

I hate it when there’s a but.

Now part of this is me I’m just not a huge fan of the fae. I’m not really sure why I never have been.

I’m struggling to write this review because it’s going to
Achim
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5
Now it's official: Soulbound is one of my favorite paranormal series. Took me a while to get to that statement. While #1 was promising but still left me with my usual rambling about gods in urban fantasy, I didn't had that issue anymore -at least not much- with #2 where it was more Patrick's inability to appreciate Jono and acknowledge what that is between them.

Now at #3 there are still gods, Patrick is still not able to say those 3 words but all that doesn't matter anymore. Finally I'm at
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Three books in and I have no complaint. I felt this was the best one. I liked the action, seeing Wade and watching Jono grow his pack. Can't wait for book four.
Parvathy
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars..Highly Recommended

A Crown of Iron & Silver is the third book in the Soulbound series and is yet another masterfully crafted story that delves into the lives of Patrick and Jono. The story this time revolves around fae folks.

The author has masterfully crafted a book that revolves around myths and she has integrated all the elements into the overall narrative in a way that is nothing short of spectacular. I like that the book is rich in so many elements be it suspense, mystery,
Viz
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kul, para
I keep thinking this book in the series will be not as good as previous one but no...!! Love this series and the story has ways to go...
Why one star less? It reminds me about the comment in the 'the big bang theory' where work of Indian Jones is proven to be not necessary. Well, in the end there is no progress in the war against Ethan!!
Looking forward for Jono's Pack growing in number and strength. Will be waiting the next book!
Bookreader87(Amanda)
More Jono and Patrick...

Another good one in this series. All I'm really waiting for is the big show down with the God packs. I'm ready for Jono to take over. In the meantime, this book takes us through the dealing of Fae Gods. Secrets are revealed, deals are made and of course Jono and Patrick are at the forefront of it all.
As always I look forward to the next.
Kaje Harper
This new installment in the urban fantasy saga finds Patrick and Jono healing from the traumas of the last one, while keeping an eye on Wade, their fledgling packmate, trying to keep peace with the other god pack, and caught up in a major powerplay by different factions of the fae.

This series is for people who like a wide canvas, a lot of players, fairly non-stop action, and magic of a somewhat open-ended power level and functionality. With gods of various kinds and temperaments, fae lords and
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
So yeah. Whoa. That was so very exciting and this review is going to be a huge mess. Bear with me.

The adventure absolutely took my breath away. The locations I could see and the weather I could feel. Time was moving so quickly and all of it had my heart racing!

I loved the growth between Patrick and Jono. Although the relationship and romance isn't the main focus of these stories, what we do get, even just a touch, packs one of Hell of a punch. They are finding their way regardless of their
Lisa The Novel Approach
Read this book. That’s it. That’s the review.

Not really, but if you’ve become as avid a fan of this series as I have, I don’t need to tell you that you shouldn’t wait to sink your reading chops into this installment of the Soulbound series. It. Is. Glorious.

Any author who dedicates their word count to the fae and the old gods—and does so with an obvious appreciation for the rich robustness of the source material—gets bonus points for keeping those legends alive in all their forms. That Turner
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Riveting.

Patrick & Jono are growing closer and settling into their relationship well. Pack, lovers, weapons.

I enjoyed the different Fae pantheons and their respective roles within the story.

Hope there are more stories coming.
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#1 A Ferry of Bones & Gold:
#2 All Souls Near & Nigh:

4.5 stars!

“If the gods had given us a choice on who they bound me to, I would have chosen you.”

A Crown of Iron & Silver is such a lovely book with a huge amount of action and amazing character, plot, and world-building development. Patrick and Jono are back, as sweet and in love as ever, and embark on another adventurous and very dangerous journey that has some pretty cool twists along the way. There’s the introduction
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

It took me a long time to read this, but a big part of that was being super busy. Although part of it was that it was a slow read for me at first as well. Pair that with being busy and this took me 10 days to read. Being busy and having a slow start does not make for an easy combination.

That was why I took .5 stars off, the slow beginning. Not as much Jono and Patrick as I would have liked at first as well. And I know the romance is a subplot, not the main focus, but I think we've all
Kathleen
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy battle scene nirvana! Few MM authors can write a truly exciting battle scene. Not like some of my favorite mainstream authors such as David Weber & John Ringo, Marko Kloos, Nick Webb, JRR Tolkien, Terry Brooks, or RA Salvatore. Ms. Turner outdid herself on the third in her Soulbound series. Gods, fae, werecreatures, magical humans, and creatures of legend and nightmares square off in places like New York City, beyond the veil, Ireland, and Montana... and the stakes are the very lives of ...more
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
4.5 Stars! I love these characters and I love this series and it was close to a 5 star book but for a few minor things.

Patrick and Jono are great characters and I love to see them growing closer together and the addition of Wade is awesome because he practically steals the scene whenever he is on page. The plot was action packed and thrilling (in fact it was so jam packed that I would have liked just a couple of in between scenes where Patrick and Jono could slow down and spend a bit of time
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
This is, by far, my favorite installment of the Soulbound Series by Hailey Turner.

I just really felt that Pat & Jono are settling well into their relationship, pack, and bond.

They finally figured their "shit" out and know that, aside from the forced Soul Bond" they would choose each other anyways, and that was a huge hurdle for them.

In the last book, they have also taken on a small pack of their own, featuring an almost banned were and a rescued dragon, Wade. There are MANY trials they
Micah
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it
So 3 books into this series and I’m still not sure I completely understand the world building, and rules of magic, creatures, character connections etc. there are a lot of vague terms thrown around in this book that need to be expound. I had to reread paragraphs cause I had no idea who said what or what just occurred. However comma this is a very fun action book and for the most part I was on the edge of my seat. I also really love the characters in this book. They all have great distinguished ...more
Joyfully Jay
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay, kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

Kris and Jay are back with another Buddy Review for Hailey Turner’s Soulbound series. They are talking about her newest installment, A Crown of Iron & Silver. You can check out their book chat below!

Read Jay’s and Kris's review in its entirety here.
Carol (bookish_notes)
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019, 5-stars
This was a roller coaster of emotions. And so much action!! Y’all know I have a weakness for battle scenes. This book was long, but it never really felt that way because there’s just SO MUCH going on. This story definitely feels like a build up to another explosive family reunion with Patrick vs Ethan and Hannah, but we’re not quite there yet. The last book dealt with the Aztec gods, and this one brings with it Celtic ones.

This book was wild but fun. It’s not quite as dark as book two, which is
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No surprise, I loved this book and devoured every single word. Jono and Patrick remain both a dynamic duo in the home and on the field and I am so, so glad this series is going to be longer than a trilogy. Not gonna lie, I'm at the 'Cassandra Clare level of commitment' with this series and will read every single book Hailey Turner writes about these boys.

I. Love. This. Series.

*Thank you to A Novel Take for the ARC in exchange for an honest review!*
Bev
4.5 stars from me. I absolutely Wade to bits; his teenager me, me, me attitude just doesn't let up, but he's so loyal and caring with it.

Hailey just about threw the kitchen sink at this one - Gods, the Seelie, Unseelie, trolls...all kinds of magical beings are in the mix and still Patrick and Jono haven't caught up with the ancient relic Morrigan's staff or found the Fae baby that's missing. Patrick's 'father' Ethan is still a swine, Jono's God Pack is increasing steadily in size and however
Denise GremoryKohta
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing world the author has created. Gritty and exciting, I couldn’t put it down. I was intrigued by the blurb so I had to check this out. Since I hadn’t read the first two I was a little in the dark and it compelled me to read them to better understand. These need to be read in order, which I’m doing now. If it hadn’t been for LesCourt giving me this one, I would have missed out on an amazing read and wouldn’t know this world existed. What a great escape it’s been and I am going to ...more
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Hailey Turner is another author that can do no wrong with me. I loved it, all of it. The relationship development is making me giddy, the story was exciting and full of action andmagic, Jono is becoming who he's meant to be and Patrick is so much happier, it's exactly what I want for the both of them. And as always, Wade is hilarious. (view spoiler) ...more
Lori S.
Jono and Patrick are settling in as a pack and starting to really take their responsibilities as such quite seriously. I'm looking forward to Jono taking Estelle out permanently.

This is, at this point, my favorite book of the series. Well written and chock full of mythology, we get to meet Patrick's old captain from the Mage Corp. and learn some truths about various characters. Wade is developing into quite the character and Sage is a steady presence.
elise p
I've been a little inconsistent in how I've rated books in this series (and books in general, actually). I think because it's an indie author I've erred a bit on the high side in the past, but even now, when I give this book 3 stars, I really do mean that "I liked it" (the hover text Goodreads assigns to that rating). I did like it!

Turner has clearly done her homework navigating a cast of not only the UF "regulars" (vamps, weres, witches, fae, etc.) but also multiple pantheons of deities. It's
iam
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqia, unlimited, arc
Another action-packed read in the Soulbound series full of magic, myths and gods.

Content warnings include: kidnapping, sex on-page, violence, mentions of human trafficking.

This time around Patrick and Jono are dealing with all sorts of more and less know fae and the various myths and legends around them.

The plot was solid, even if it felt more like a filler than the previous books and not all of the things that happened came to a satisfying conclusion, but Hailey Turner once more managed to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • The Found (The Finder #2)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future

Soulbound (3 books)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)