Start by marking “Who Rescued Who” as Want to Read:

Who Rescued Who

Where can you turn when the world turns against you? When Elizabeth Barnes’ life fell apart she never imagined that she’d be rescued by a new friend on four paws.

The plan was simple: Elizabeth would ignore the fact that she was unjustly fired from her dream job, fly across the pond to settle an unexpected inheritance in her father’s home country and quickly return to
Expected publication: March 24th 2020 by Berkley

Availability: 50 copies available, 1860 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 23 - Jan 20, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Who Rescued Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Rescued Who

Start your review of Who Rescued Who
    Lori Spielman
    Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Move over Marley and Enzo—there’s a new dog in town! Fans of John Grogan and Garth Stein will delight in Victoria Schade’s heartwarming new novel, Who Rescued Who. With crackling, whip smart dialogue and a touching story of redemption, Schade illustrates what it means to be rescued from our worst selves, and transformed into our best. Chock full of heart and humor, anyone who has ever been redeemed by the love of a dog will treasure this uplifting, big-hearted novel. A treat from start to ...more
    Ashley (pawingthroughpages)
    This was such a heart warming, and personally eye opening story for me. It was a good balance of family, romance, and of course some furry friends! It has a slow start, but you really get invested into the charming characters, town, and journey. Step aside Hallmark, Who Rescued Who is a league of its own! Side note, there is no animal harm or death in this book. (If you are triggered by that as I am).
    Teri Wilson
    Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I loved this so, so much. It made me laugh and cry, but mostly it made me want to throw away my phone, buy some sheep and move to the English countryside to rescue dogs and live in a rom-com.
    Jaimie Rogers
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book took me by total surprise! I expected not to like to just because it's not my normal genre & I don't like romance but the family aspect & of course all the animals really just brought it home for me. I loved seeing the main characters transformation.
    This is a book u can't put down & that makes u miss the characters. I wanted to move to England, live that country life, & hang out with them & def play with the animals.
    Patricia Ann
    This was a delightful little book although it was not what I had expected. It is a romantic novel with some bits of dealing with rescue animals..and for that I was delighted. It's not the usual genre that I read but I did enjoy it. Elizabeth aka Bess struggles with her true self, her passion vs. doing what brings her Big Money. It's New York with all it's business, the career in tech, $$, superficial relationships aka blogs and vlogs vs. the U.K., following her passion in the art world, finding ...more
    Ann Green
    Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I read this novel curled up with my foster dog, with tears in my eyes at times. If you love travel to the English countryside, dogs, and seeing where life can unexpectedly take you, grab this novel! When life gets rough, the reality of a surprise inheritance, newly discovered relatives and a local romantic interest, can certainly shake things up! I enjoyed this ARC on many levels!
    Kristen
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    They're all good dogs, Tess.
    Generally not a fan of romance novels because it's all beautiful young people "falling in love" with other beautiful young people. If I wanted to live in a world of utter fantasy, I'd read something with magic and dragons.
    But at least this one had dogs. And our heroine, who was a shallow social media junkie in the beginning, learned to love a dog (while also falling for the most handsome and perfect man ever, bleh). So dogs really add to a story IMO. :)
    Robin
    Dec 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I had a tough time liking the main character Elizabeth/Bess. She is totally wrapped up in her job until she is fired and her social media life that she has no real life. She comes around in the end but for me it was too late for me to start liking her. I see too many people who are just like her, only really care about appearances, which is so sad.
    Marlana
    Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Won this on goodreads.. love the cover! A beautiful story about a career woman finding what's she's been missing thanks to her recently deceased father's final wishes. Finding family, love, a new career and of course a new puppy..it was a perfect story!
    Jenni Walsh
    What a charming book. Charming men. Charming animals (sheep, dogs). Charming dialogue. I really enjoyed this story that has a little of everything: romance, secrets, family, friends, and self discovery. I found myself smiling as I read the final pages, just so happy Elizabeth/Bess got her HEA.
    Alaina Maxam
    Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    THIS IS A VERY GOOD BOOK. IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT A DOG BEING RESCUED BUT ABOUT A GIRL WHO FIND PEACE AND LOVE IN A FARAWAY PLACE AND FEELS SHE NO LONGER NEEDS TO DEPEND ON LIKES ON THE INTERNET
    Csimplot Simplot
    Excellent book!!
    Dana
    Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Just finished "Who Rescued Who" by Victoria Schade! I thoroughly enjoyed jumping into Elizabeths temporary new life. I loved her character and often just wanted to knock her up the side of her head to get some sense and quit being so self absorbed. Fun book, a lesson in it as well that you don't realize until you think on it. I'd highly recommend grabbing this one. Thanks to #Goodreads Giveaway, #PenguinRandomHouse
    Christine McNeil
    Maria
    Jayme
    Faith

• Red, White & Royal Blue
    • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
    • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
    • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
    • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
    • Christmas Shopaholic
    • What Rose Forgot
    • The Second Home
    • More Than Maybe
    • The Fire and the Darkness: The Bombing of Dresden, 1945
    • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
    Victoria Schade has been a dog trainer and writer for over seventeen years. During that time her dog duties have included working behind the scenes on Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl as the lead animal wrangler, appearing on two seasons of the Animal Planet show Faithful Friends, writing dog training content and appearing in educational videos for NBC/Universal, Pet360, PawCulture and petMD, and ...more