Start by marking “Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)

Gilded Lily

(Bennet Brothers #2)

They say there’s no such thing as perfect.

But I’ve built my life to perfection—the perfect boyfriend, the perfect apartment, the perfect career planning celebrity weddings. My job—my only job—is to make sure every event is absolutely and completely perfect.

What’s not perfect? Kash Bennet.

And I wish I didn’t find that so appealing.

I could have told you every perfectly
Published December 5th 2019 (first published December 3rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Gilded Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gilded Lily

Start your review of Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
Christy
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo 5842BB7B-6FB7-4F4C-8634-1CFC1D83F062_zps713nweix.png

Gilded Lily is the second book in the Bennet Brothers series and I was so happy to reunite with this family. This is very much an opposites attract/slow burn romance and I ate it up!

Kash Bennet is the Bennet brother most like his father. He's the gardener, the one who's never left his family, and the most laid back and even tempered. That's why he's tasked to deal with Lila Parker. Lila is Ivy's sister and a high class wedding planner. She's the opposite of Kash in so many ways, and at
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Staci Hart Fans, Romance
5 Authentically Lovely Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
Staci Hart...
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
You have created this series that has taken me from my everyday life and given me a place to revel in...You have given me a family to root for and think about...Parents who did their best during trying times and sons and daughters who rallied around to resurrect the family business against all odds.

And most importantly, you have given me love stories that are simple but also
Staci Hart
Aug 26, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE!!
AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2rcVm9z

Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Can I get that in writing?' Stars!
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

These Bennet brothers.. Staci Hart surely knows how to write and create some deliciously charming heroes that will steal a girl’s heart in less than a heartbeat! First Luke and now Kash. I am loving this new series and these outstanding characters! Who wouldn’t knowing they are based in Austen’s beloved characters? Kash and Lila’s story definitely did not disappoint!

So, Gilded Lily is the second
Na
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

"That kiss was a meeting, a linking of self, a connection of body and hearts. It was chemistry, alive and deep, the programming unbreakable."

This is romance pure. I love how the author is able to spin off these Bennet Brother stories paying tribute to Jane Austin. Reading this book was pure bliss. Every character so well drawn and executed, it was so easy to fall for them. This story spiked with a minimum but real felt drama held my interest from the first page to the last.

"Everything
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Lila knows she wants to use the Bennet families business, Longbourne, for flowers for the wedding she is working on. Not only is it for THE celebrity family you see on TV nightly, it's her chance to prove that she is ready to be on top in the wedding planning biz. Too bad her boss and the youngest celeb sister are out to get her and she doesn't need daily interactions with Kash and his stupid t-shirts on top of that. Everything seems to be going
Kandi Steiner
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Staci Hart's writing shines in this poetic installment to the Bennet Brother series. The characters were fresh and real, the story was absolutely captivating, and the romance was simply put: perfection. I fell hard for this family, these brothers, and this mesmerizing love story. 5 stars really isn't enough for the beauty in this book. Trust me when I say this is a romance you CANNOT MISS!
Cassidy
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

I really enjoyed Coming Up Roses, the first book in The Bennet Brothers series. They each can be read as stand-alones, but it’s more fun to read them in order.

Gilded Lily was pretty much just as enjoyable as the first. The heroine is a Type A wedding planner. The hero works at his family’s garden nursery. Sparks just fly when they are around each other. I enjoyed their story. I love that family is a big theme. I can’t wait for the next book.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5 / 5 stars

Did you love Coming Up Roses? Then you'll probably love Gilded Lily even more.

These Bennett Brothers are sure turning out to be pretty awesome. Kash is definitely my new favorite. He's so sweet and just adorkable. I loved how he wanted Lily even when she was a mean b**ch to him. He wanted to unravel her and he got his wish and so much more.

I love how these two were always so much more than friends with benefits. Kash was there for LIly in every aspect of her life, he was her
Babel
Jane Austen always inspires the best in everyone, and this author is proof of that.

Fun and love bloom in perfect unison in Gilded Lily, and the Bennet Brothers have a singular charm of their own to add to the Austen universe.

Lila is the absolute main character, therefore her life choices and evolution take precedence and the romance is subject to those. That and the fact that they are opposites-she is a flawless and ambitious professional and he is a laid back gardener- make for a very slow-burn
Sarah Keffer
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this modern retelling of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, book #2 in the Bennet Brothers series. Kash Bennet is the epitome of laid-back. Nothing seems to ruffle his feathers, he is always calm and relaxed, even where his heart is concerned. He's a gardener for his family's florist shop and he knows not to fall in love because who wants to end up with the gardener? Lila Parker is a wedding planner at the most sought after, prestigious firm in Manhattan and she is the exact ...more
Lynn
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how Staci Hart tells a story. Gilded Lily does not disappoint!

Kash and Lila are quite the story. She's high-class event planner, he's the gardener. Their families work together, I love their banter and chemistry and how they challenge each other.

As they are drawn to each other, I could not stop reading. I wanted to know what they were doing next.

One of my favorite lines from Lila was:
And with every step, I gathered my courage. I was a girl who knew what she wanted and went out and got
Lesley Koke DeWig
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is always something so refreshing about Staci's books. Kash and Lila are fantastic together. Lila likes to appear she has everything under control. Yet, when Kash is around he is able to see behind her facade. Loved It!
Chase Coe
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JUST OVER HERE SOBBING.
Erica Gilbert
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my second read by Staci Hart and let me tell you it won’t be my last. I absolutely loved Gilded Lily. This story and it’s characters are absolutely adorable. Staci’s writing style is effortless and her ability to pull you into the Bennet’s world is amazing. I loved all the laughs, all the tears, and all the swoon worthy moments in this adorable retelling of Pride and Prejudice. I love the switch from Bennet sisters to Bennet brothers and I absolutely love the flower shop Longbourne and ...more
Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
I adored Coming Up Rosesand Tess and Luke so much! I didn't think I would love a couple more from this series until Kash and Lila came in the picture!

"She reminds me of you. Her hair. The curve of her nose. The gilded lily--beautiful and perfect without any adornment but adorned all the same. Almost to frivolity."

I said this for Coming Up Roses, but I have to say it again. Staci Hart's writing keeps blowing me away with her writing. She keeps exceeding my expectations over and over. Her prose
Brie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A masterpiece of beautiful prose, there is no question that Gilded Lily–Staci Hart's Pride and Prejudice retelling–does Jane Austen and the Bennet clan justice!

In Hart's retelling, Kassius Kash Bennet is our Elizabeth. Kash, the one with the green thumb–he's the gardener. The one who stayed and never left Longbourne, content doing what he loves. He's unselfish, nurturing, always putting the happiness of others above his own. Quiet and charming with a dashing side of humor. He gives to the earth,
Cyndi Becker
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Le Sigh, Le Purr

Staci Hart's Bennet Brothers are simply dreamy and her writing is always poetic and magical, hitting all the right notes. I rarely use excepts/quotes in my reviews but I feel I must share the first quote from Gilded Lily that started a highlighting frenzie:

"Lila Parker blew in like a gale— just like she had almost daily for the last two months— heels clicking like hammers against the cement floor. At the sight of her, my fury abated, replaced by a curious wonder and the
Cat Nunez
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything!! I havent had a 5-star review in a while, but this book was incredible written I couldnt put it down. Since Coming up Roses I wanted to follow the rest of the Bennet siblings and Staci as always didnt disappoint.

At the beginning I didnt like Lila very much, especially her attitude towards everyone, but little by little I started liking her. Everyone was so mean to her I just wanted to go and hug her... Kash on the other way was amazing since the beginning (even though
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Lily is a type A wedding planner. She's hell on wheels and Kash Bennett is fascinated and intrigued by her. He seems to be able to take her uptight nature in stride. Inside, though? He wants her...does she want him back? Of course! How could she not because Kash is seriously the most adorable, sweetest guy. He'd have to be to put up with the way Lily was at first. Thank God she chilled a little as they fell deeper in with each other.

This series got off to a great start with Coming Up Roses,
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

Gilded Lily was a sweet, sexy, funny, and entertaining standalone romantic comedy in the Bennet Brothers series, and has been my FAVORITE novel from Staci Hart to date!

I really enjoyed the storyline. The plot took me slightly by surprise (probably because it had been a while since I read the synopsis for Gilded Lily), and though there were a few parts I didn’t like, I really enjoyed it overall.

The characters were the best part, and I loved them dearly. Kash Bennet and Lila Parker
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
I love Staci’s brilliant mind and the way she has transformed Jane Eyre’s timeless classics into beautiful modern day romances!

You still have the timeless love and fated match up but it’s done in a unique and beautiful way! The Bennett family has become one of my favorites and I love how each story is intertwined and connected to the fate of the family business! Each story shows us how beautiful and loving this family truly is and I can’t wait to see what happens with each new novel!

Kash’s
Ange
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*sigh* I just loved this book so much. Kash, Kash, Kash...you are one of my favorite Staci Hart book boyfriends. You know when the male character has a reputation, but is actually just misunderstood? When he defers to being what's expected of him rather than being his true self? Kash is the quintessential ladies man: gardener by day, bed buddy by night. He's unapologetic and boastful in his endeavors, but my God, he has soul.

Lila waltzes in as the perfect distraction to him. She's well put
Konny
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gilded Lily by Staci Hart is book two in her Bennet Brothers series. Gilded Lily can easily be read as a stand alone. For best reading experience I recommend to read the books in order. The previous book is Coming Up Roses.
Lila Parker is a wedding planner. She's determined to prove herself to her boss and her clients.
And there's Kash Bennet. He works as gardener is the family business and he's the only one who can handle difficult Lila, it seems. Her sister Ivy is already part of the Bennet
Cassandra Martin
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this take on the Jane Austen novel, Pride and Prejudice. This is the second book of the Bennet Brother's Series, and even though Luke was such a charmer, Kash has replaced him as my favorite Bennet brother.

The parallels between this book and Pride and Prejudice are spot on, and these characters are so fleshed out and real. The Bennet siblings interactions are humorous and lively, and Mrs Bennet just had me in stitches.

I had to set this book aside at one point because it hit a little
stine
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019
“It's all I want — to shelter you from harm, to give you the happiness you've given me. I want to step into that life with you. Because together, we can survive anything. I promise to carry you through life, to comfort and protect you. To keep you safe. You asked me once what my passion was, and I've finally found it. It's you.”

rtc.
Amy Dickinson
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall Grade:

I need to preface my review with an understanding. I’m a professor of writing, and I oftentimes write reviews like I’d write an analysis of a book, especially when an author decides to provoke my literature brain. I choose, however, to write my reviews informally yet with the formality of literary analysis. So…warning, Staci Hart challenges my brain with her writing, hence causing me to write the type of review that won’t tell you how hot Kash and Lily are together. Instead, this
Hannah Grace
Shelves: best
Staci did it again!! I loved this even more than the first book in the series, Coming Up Roses! It was just the right mix of fiery and sweet, and I devoured the ARC in like 3 sittings. Y'all, this made me smile while I was having a crappy travel day (full of randomly searched bags, 1.5 hour delays, etc.), so if it can manage that, it's a good book! :)

Kash and Lila... Who woulda thunk? Kash is VERY laidback, super chill. Lila is more like me... super type-A and detail-oriented. High stung AF. And
MacKenzie
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Glided Lily
By Staci Hart

“God, she was pretty when she was mad. Shame she had a boyfriend.”

Oooh, Staci I was not ready for this installment of the Bennet Brothers series! Coming Up Roses was one of my favorite Hart books thus far and I can honestly say that this may have outdone it for number one in my books.

Gilded Lily was almost an inverse of what we normally see in a romance novel and I was DIGGING IT! Kash is the sweetest, most patient, honest fantasy men I’ve ever had the pleasure of
Nightbird Novels
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

Lila Parker has worked hard for her position as wedding planner to the elite, and she prides herself on not letting anything slip through the cracks at her events. Sure, people might see her as difficult to deal with at times, but she gets the job done, and she refuses to apologize for her dedication to her career.

Kassius Bennet's love for gardening at Longbourne has always been a defining aspect of his personality, and working with difficult clients is all just part of the job. But
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Blindsided
  • His Royal Highness
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • The Lineup
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • The Dugout
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can’t forget that. She’s also been a mom to three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She’s been a wife, even though she’s certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She’s also super, duper fun at a party, ...more

Bennet Brothers (2 books)
  • Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
“I hung on to that half-truth with the same tenacity with which I grasped a candlestick and hurled it at the wall, and when I walked through the door once more, it was with a slam that shook the stars.” 0 likes
“Stripped bare and laid before her, plain as day in the darkest of night.” 0 likes