Start by marking “From Wild to Mild: A Dog in Two Worlds” as Want to Read:
From Wild to Mild: A Dog in Two Worlds

From Wild to Mild: A Dog in Two Worlds

Eight-week-old Australian Shepherd Kaya is kidnapped by a nasty coyote to be food for his mate and puppies. Instead, the loving mother raises Kaya with her own pups. But as hard as she tries, Kaya can't completely fit in-she can't kill prey or stay awake for night hunts. Why can't she make herself a true coyote? Constantly criticized by her coyote father, Kaya finds ...more
Published August 23rd 2019 by Pups and Purrs Press

To ask other readers questions about From Wild to Mild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Wild to Mild

Start your review of From Wild to Mild: A Dog in Two Worlds
Jypsy
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you IRead and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

From Wild To Mild:
A Dog In Two Worlds
By: Sunny Weber

From Wild To Mild is the third book from Sunny Weber my ten year old son and I have read together. We have loved each book, and From Wild To Mild was as enjoyable as its counterparts. This review is broken into two sections: my thoughts and my son's thoughts.
* MY REVIEW*
In this story a puppy, Kaya, is stolen by a
Laura Thomas
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaya is just a pup, too young to be afraid of the creature that approaches her, and the coyote snatches her up, proud of an easy meal to take home to his hungry family. Things don’t go so well when his litter mate refuses to eat her and instead takes her in. That saying, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, also applies to Kaya the pup. She has dogs instincts and can’t seem to find her way in the wild life of her coyote family, no matter how hard she tries. Things become even more complicated ...more
Meagan Myhren-bennett
From Wild to Mild
A Dog in Two Worlds
By Sunny Weber

As a young puppy Kaya was stolen away from her home by a coyote named Maka who intends for this small defenseless puppy to be a meal. Fortunately for Kaya, Maka's mate Taina refuses to allow a puppy so similar to her own young ones to be a meal.

For two years Kaya lives as a coyote, but she is unable to kill to the disgust of Maka. But her new mother Taina encourages her to be true to who she is and not bow to the criticism and threats of Maka.
Angela Thompson
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Weber creates the perfect story for animal loving families. While elementary school aged children could certainly read and enjoy this book by reading alone--I think it is the perfect book for families to share as a family read or as a family book club. There are so many human-child life lessons and real-world discussion starters presented as Kaya the dog learns and grows and navigates her world. I love books that present educational opportunities in unique ways. This novel draws animal lovers ...more
Amy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sunny Weber does it again with From Wild to Mild: A Dog in Two Worlds. Kaya, an Australian Shepherd puppy, is taken from her home to be a meal for wild coyotes. The mother coyote decides to save and raise Kaya instead. Kaya struggles to fit in and is constantly being scolded by the father. She finds allies in her adopted siblings and learns how to survive. She, once again, is taken from her home and sent back to live within the human world. She has to decide which world she belongs in the most. ...more
LAWonder10
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From Wild to Mild is sure to become a highly sought after series!
This is a story from an Australian Shepherd's view.
Kaya was confused and scared. It was getting dark, she was in an enclosed yard, and some strange people had taken her away from the warmth and home of her mother. She see two eyes in the shrub. Can it be her mother? She slowly moves closer to see and an animal quickly grabs her by her neck and runs a long way. Kaya soon discovers, he want to eat her!
Kaya discovers this is a coyote,
Stanley McShane
Kaya the protagonist and POV is an Australian Shepherd and adorable. But she's been abducted from her new human family by a coyote. Grateful she won't become dinner for Taina and the coyote pups, Gopher and Flower, they become her adopted sister and brother. Taina gathers her strange little pup into the fold and loves, protects, and feeds Kaya as her own.

But Maka, the male, is not so easily swayed by the puppy and finds her difficult to teach. Kaya has a whole different set of instincts,
Lauren Carr
added it
Dec 13, 2019
Nancy
Dec 03, 2019

• A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads #3)
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England
  • Storm of Secrets (A Haunted Bluffs Mystery #2)
  • My God Loves Me Bible
  • My Bedtime Bible Prayers
  • Mercy Road
  • The Tender Birds
  • The Fever Cabinet: An abandoned hospital, an antique contrivance, and a very modern murder (Professor Molly Mysteries Book 9)
  • Misleading Miss Verity (Regency Brides: Daughters of Aynsley #3)
  • A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, #3)
  • When I Close My Eyes
  • The Dog I Loved
  • Paw of the Jungle (Paw Enforcement #8)
  • Brush with Love
  • Resurrection Girls
  • Scarlet Fever
  • The Memories We Hide
Sunny Weber has over 30 years of experience in animal welfare advocacy. She has experience in rescue, fostering, medical care, service and therapy dog evaluation and training, shelter and sanctuary work and specializes in the rehabilitation of fearful animals. Sunny has rehabilitated then re-homed hundreds of dogs, cats and horses.

A professional humane educator, Sunny consults with animal welfare