Start by marking “Safe (Fate, Texas #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Safe (Fate, Texas #1.5)

Safe

(Fate, Texas #1.5)

Trevor Thorne has always played it safe.

Published August 26th 2019 by NineStar Press (first published March 11th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Safe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe

Start your review of Safe (Fate, Texas #1.5)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
New Release Blitz: Safe by Jess Bryant ...

Safe is book #1.5 in the Fate, Texas series by Jess Bryant. If you read the first book, You met Trent Thorne and knew he had a twin brother. Now it is Trevor’s turn for a happy ending.

Trevor Thorne has given his life to baseball. He is playing in a minor league, his team mates are like his family. Trevor knows he’s at the end of his career. His knee won’t last much longer. In baseball years, he’s way past his prime. Trevor has just recently reconciled with his twin brother, Trent. His brother
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Safe is a novella in a longer series, so I'm giving the story the benefit of the doubt that it makes more sense after reading book one, but as a stand-alone, it was very rushed.

The story read like one long sex scene with some VERY fast instalove. I know, based on the context of the story, that the two have been friends for a long time, but the feelings on page felt forced and out of nowhere. I never got a good feeling for these two as a couple, aside from how they are in bed, and I don't like
Jane super booklover📚
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Safe by Jess Bryant was just an ok read for me. I gave this novella 3 stars because I just wasn't invested in it. It's a short, hot and sweet read and I think it was a bit too sweet for me. The love and sex scenes make me think about M/F books. It had a soft feel which didnt really match with the MC if you ask me.

I received an ebook ARC of this book from Indigo Marketing and Design, in exchange for a honest review.
Aly
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Awh, this was so good! I loved Trevor and Rodrigo, they were so cute together and fit well. That they also both played baseball was just icing on the cake lol. I wish this were longer! I would love a full length novel of the two of them and their relationship. It definitely made me want to read the first book and I hope there are more!
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Okay can I just say I ABSOLUTELY ADORED this story. These two were everything I love in a M/M read. Seriously hot and raw but so beautifully vulnerable too. Gah!

Trevor and Rodrigo made me swoon so hard. I just loved this one. I could have easily read another 20 chapters on these two. This author has a real flair for M/M storytelling and I hope she has more planned.

I received an arc of this book.
Coco.V
Aug 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ...more
Shirley
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really need to start paying attention when I pick up or request a book for review. But then, surprises are fun too

It’s been a while since I read Stay a Little Longer, the first book in Jess Bryant’s Fate, Texas series. I loved Trent and Lance’s story, so imagine my surprise when I realized that Trevor was Trent’s twin brother. I was really hoping that this series would continue. Now I hope we get even more… greedy, I know, but isn’t that the way most of us are when we “meet” characters that
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Safe was my first story by Jess Bryant and I really liked it. It was a sweet, fast-paced short story.
Maren Lee
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adore Trevor and Cruz. I love sports romance and m/m romance so I especially love that this one is two guys on the same baseball team. Jess Bryant brings the heat with Safe. Hot, sexy, heartfelt. Five stars. Two thumbs way up.
BookishStacy
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mm, novella, sports
This is my first Jess Bryant book and I really enjoyed it. It was short, sweet, and hot and seemed to pack a lot of emotion in for a novella. I thought the writing was excellent and would definitely read more from this author.

*ARC provided through NetGalley
Kat E.
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. This is my second opportunity to read a book by Jess Bryant. I loved Stay a Little Longer and was excited to see this series
carried over in a novella. In Safe, we meet the twin brother of famous country musician Trent Thorne featured in the prequel. Trevor was briefly mentioned in the first book and I am so happy he got his own story.
Trevor is not in the best place. He is a dedicated athlete and baseball has ruled his entire life. He is known as the Ice Man to his fellow players with
Paulette
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The safest thing about Safe is that it isn’t safe at all. This story grabs you at the get go and never lets up. What’s the best thing about Safe is that it’s true. It’s hot, it’s steamy, it’s sweet at times, it’s funny, it’s got a great plot and storyline but it’s real and it’s true. You believe every word that is written. The story doesn’t shy away from real life. Timely is a great word for this story.
Once you start the book it is impossible to put down. It is a fast read but if this book had
Sherry
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Safe is a short companion novella to the earlier romance Stay a Little Longer. It’s not necessary to have read the first book (I didn’t), but I think it would make the story more meaningful.

As the story begins, baseball teammates and friends Trevor and Rodrigo are both interested in taking their relationship to another level, but each man hesitates to be the first to make a move. When Rodrigo drunkenly breaks the ice, it frees them up to admit their attraction to each other. However, while
Charlotte
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a fast-paced, novella that focusses on two supporting characters from Stay a Little Longer (Fate, Texas #1). I hadn’t read the first book and had no trouble reading this one. If you’re planning to read Stay A Little Longer, I would suggest reading it first so you don’t spoil some of the plot!!

Because this is a short novella, there’s not much opportunity for the author to explore the world of professional baseball. Primarily the story is confined to the attraction and ultimate passionate
Rebecca
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trevor and Cruz are beautiful, and HOT together!!

An excellent, fast paced novella has Trevor trying to figure out if he's staying in baseball, and if he can have Cruz no matter which choice he makes.

I loved stern, dominant Trevor and cuddly, sweet Cruz. Fantastic writing Jess, thank you for sharing your gift!
Savannah
Trevor Thorne has always played it safe.

He’s a ballplayer. The game has had his heart and soul since he was just a kid. He learned early on that living in the testosterone-fueled world of baseball meant living a lie. He couldn’t afford to be openly gay, not when he had his whole career ahead of him. But his days behind the plate are numbered and he’s tired, so damn tired of hiding who he is, and it’s becoming more and more difficult to deny himself what, and who, he wants.

Rodrigo Cruz is the
CrabbyPatty
I haven't read Stay a Little Longer, the first book in this series but "Safe" works well as a stand-alone.

Trent's life is baseball and as a boy he kept his sexual identify buried deep inside so he could play major league ball. But now, near the end of his career, he is confronted with his sizzling attraction to Rodrigo Cruz, his out-and-proud bisexual teammate and roommate, and coming to realize:
Everything else melted away in those moments, and all of his doubts, and fears, all of his reasons
Amy Dufera
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Safe is a fun short friends to lovers romance by Jess Bryant.

Cruz has long lusted after his teammate Trevor. As Trevor's always been straight, Cruz never made a move. Turns out however, that Trevor isn't straight. He's always been closeted, knowing he couldn't play baseball while being an out gay man. So instead of being honest about his sexuality, he's been lying for years.

This is the story of two teammates, one bi, and one closeted trying to figure out their new reality. It centers around the
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
When I picked this book to review I didn't realize that it was a #1.5 as part of a ongoing series. I was able to read this story without being distracted of not reading the first book. I'm a sucker for MM sports romances. I think part of the reason is because homosexuality has such a negative connotation in the sports world.

In this quick story it is about best friends Trevor Thorne and Rodrigo Cruz. Rodrigo is open and proud of being gay while Trevor is very closeted. They both try to deny
Valerie
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Jess Bryant book and I have to say I truly adored it. The book opens with Rodrigo Cruz, a minor league baseball player who is obsessed with his teammate, Trevor. Trevor is older but from the first moment they met, he felt a connection that led him not to pursue anyone else. And he doesn't even know if Trevor is gay or bi.

Trevor is good at hiding himself from others. He has to come to a decision about his career and his walls are crumbling around Rodrigo, falling for the man
Jenna R
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
**I was provided an electronic ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for honest review.**

In "Safe", Jess Bryant brings us a baseball-centered sports romance set in the same universe as her previous publication "Stay A Little Longer". In this novella, we follow Trevor Thorne (twin brother of the previous publication's protagonist) who is reaching the end of his baseball career due to a nagging injury. Trevor has been closeted the entirety of his life, which has led to conflicts
Erika
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2019, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for the complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Dang, this was hot. I'm definitely going to hunt down Trent's story now.

So we're plunked down right in the middle of the sweltering, unresolved tension between two teammates. One who's young, out, and proud and the other who's older and in the closet. I liked that the POV switched back and forth - the backstory was well fleshed out even though we were only in their heads (no flashbacks - which is fine, because
Ashley
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Safe was a quick and spicy read.

Trevor's days in professional baseball are numbered. He's older and his body isn't what it used to be. Rodrigo Cruz has everything to look froward to. Major league potential, part of a new generation of baseball players, and openly bisexual. He's everything that Trevor wants but is afraid to go after.
A drunk confession by Rodrigo makes Trevor wonder if its possible to have what he wants.

The chemistry between the two men was off the charts. The only thing I
Kylee
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be warned, there is no way your heart will be safe after reading this book. Trevor and Cruz will own your heart lock, stock and barrel or should I say bat, ball and home plate. This M/M romance is not only so hot it will steam up the windows of your house within in minutes of opening the book but it is sweet, romantic and heartfelt. A captivating read of the love of two team mates who risk not only their hearts but judgement to surrender to what can only be described as love in its purest form. ...more
Paige Turner
I love novella and short reads and this was right up my alley. It also has a few of my favorite things in it, MM , but sports guys, coming out because of you etc. But it missed the mark for me. Overall, I liked what I read but it seemed like I was starting in the middle of a book. As soon as I started this I was reading the epilogue. I wanted more from these characters and the book.
There wasn't any character or story development. With a little more to this book it could be a great read.
Joey
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick and sweet read that was unexpected and warm. I love baseball and there is a serious lack of baseball romance out there, at least that I can find. Anyway, this was a quick and cute read!
Lisa
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
There just wasn’t enough depth to the story for me. I never really connected with the characters, and it seemed a bit...trite. I enjoy this author’s writing style and the potential of a good plot line. I realize this is a novella, but it could have had much more to the story.
Mrs Jayne Rushton
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I loved this book to bits. I'm not usually a sports romance fan, but Jess writes amazingly well. Her characters are so real and Trevor and Cruz are no different.

Well done on another fantastic book.

This is a must read....
Lisa Hahn
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trevor and Cruz be still my heart

Omg what a beautiful love story. Cruz loves Trevor from afar. Trevor is not sure what he feels. Well he does but can't express it.
One drunk night of words leads to love.
Loved this book. No matter your walk of life you can still find love.
Nicole Pinto
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute m/m romance with a sports theme. I enjoyed it and thought the writing was good. Thank you to netgalley for the arc!

• Far Cry (Talbott's Cove, #3)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Flash Rip
  • Irises in the Snow
  • Bishop: A True Lover's Story
  • Lucky Break (Clean Slate Ranch, #4)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • Breathe Out Slow
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • American Love Story (Dreamers, #3)
  • Out of the Ashes
Jess Bryant is an avid indoorswoman. A city girl trapped in a country girl's life, her heart resides in Dallas but her soul and roots are in small town Oklahoma. She enjoys manicures, the color pink, and her completely impractical for country life stilettos. She believes that hair color is a legitimate form of therapy, as is reading and writing romance. She started writing as a little girl but her ...more

Fate, Texas (1 books)