Start by marking “Just A Kiss (Angel Sands #4)” as Want to Read:
Just A Kiss (Angel Sands #4)

Just A Kiss

(Angel Sands #4)

'Hallmark-Movie Worthy!!'
'The perfect beachy Christmas Romance.'
Escape to Angel Sands this Christmas...

Caitie Russell's big brother is getting married. As the proud owner of Holiday Magic, Caitie is the obvious choice to organise the perfect Christmas wedding. Piece of cake, right?
If it weren't for one gorgeous, man-shaped problem...
Her brother's best friend, Brecken Miller.

He waRomance.' />'The
Published November 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Just A Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just A Kiss

Start your review of Just A Kiss (Angel Sands #4)
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

‘Just a kiss’ is the fourth book in the ‘Angel Sands’ series (Angel Sands is a small beach town in California). If you have read the previous books in this series, you will recognize quite a few names and people in this story. And you will be happy to know that this story has Lucas and Ember’s wedding in it!! But if you haven’t read any of the books in this series, don’t worry, you can perfectly read this story
M.B.
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another trip to Angel Sands, and another beautifully written romance.

This cast of characters just keeps getting better and better, I never want too leave. I feel like it's a TV show that I have to wait for weekly updates.

Cait and Breck are great lead characters who, while perfect for one another, are flawed and relateable. Add in the Christmas vibe and the entire book is gorgeous.

I can't wait for even more from this California beachside town that I wish was re
Cyndi Becker
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2019
Just a Kiss is a wonderful brother's best friend, first kiss and first crush love story. Every visit to Angel Sands, every couple in Angel Sands, has been delightful. But, Just A Kiss might be my favorite in the series. There's something about Caitie and Brecken and their history that really grabbed my heart. They are so meant for each other and their journey requires both of them to face their deep fears head-on.

This story is driven by the upcoming marriage of Lucas and Ember from the first bo
Kari Hansen
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cait has returned to her hometown to celebrate her brother’s engagement and finds herself planning their Christmas wedding. What she wasn’t expecting was to reconnect with her brother’s best friend Breck or that the feelings she had on him as a teenager is stronger than ever.

Brecken has recently returned to town after being away for 13 years when a personal tragedy changed his life. Seeing Cait again brings up all the feelings that have been lying dormant but between their pasts and
Diane
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow yet another fab read in Carrie’s Angel Sands series. I dive straight in and feel like I’m catching up with old friends. I absolutely love Angel Sands the way Carrie writes makes it easy to imagine you are right there with them. Just the place I’d love to live or at least visit in the summer. This is book 4 in the series and it tells Caitie’s story who happens to Lucas’ sister who is head over heels about Brecken Lucas’ best friend. A would be relationship fraught with problems will they ever ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This cute adorable book is perfect for that Christmas romance read. Cait's brother is getting married with a Christmas theme and Cait's doing the planning. The problem is Beck. He lost his mom around the holidays and his Scrooge vibes is making it difficult. Throw in Cait's feelings and you have a lot of drama that needs to be ironed out between her and Beck. Will these two get their communication together and open up about how they really feel about each other?

I received a free copy
Laura Barnard
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I absolutely loved this book! I read it so quickly. Caitie and Breck were so loveable and they faced real obstacles for them to be together. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride and I recommend to anyone as a perfect Christmas read.
Sofie Sehested
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carrie Elks is amazing at writing slow burn friends to lovers romance where the main characters has this amazing chemistry but they know that they have obstacles they have to fight through before they even have a chance to figure out if they are meant to be. I love her writing and I loved this book to.

Brecken Miller is a contractor who moves back to Angel Sands after 13 years to build a resort. When he was 17 he and his younger brother Daniel lost their mother to cancer on Christmas
Jolanda Gelissen
Shelves: romance
This book was actually the first one the author wrote in the series, but in order to get to this part of the story, she needed to write the first three books first. I can safely assume that none of us found this a hardship, as the entire series is heartwarmingly adorable.

Just a Kiss focuses on Lucas’ sister Caitie and his best friend Breck. Caitie is a successful holiday consultant based in New York, where she shares an apartment with her best friend Harper. She visits Angel Sands to
Blondy2sum
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, arc
If you enjoy a story where there’s a second chance at love in a small town, where everyone knows everyone, this would be a great read for you.
Just A Kiss is the fourth book in this series. I had not read this author before receiving this book as an ARC, and to give my honest review I felt the author deserved my time to read books 1, 2 & 3. The series doesn’t need to be read in order, but I did enjoy getting to know the characters before their story was told. I would recommend you read
Stox4story
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas season is nearing and I’m already watching all those Hallmark movies. I say this because this book would fit right into that TV screen with real to life Hallmark characters. After all it is the season.

Caitie and Breck would definitely play the star-crossed lovers, tugging at the heartstrings of all the viewers.

When Breck’s mom died, he was 17 and had to go across the country to Boston to live with his dad. He forgot all about Caitie and his friends back in Angel Sands,
Alison
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Perfect, Sweet, Christmas Romance Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

When Caitie agrees to help organise her brother’s wedding, little did she know she would be faced with her past in the shape of Brecken Miller, her brothers’ best friend. Will they act upon the chemistry they feel? Or will Brecken’s loathing for all things Christmas come between them?

This story for me, is Carrie Elk’s most swoon worthiest contemporary romance yet, and it’s a perfect read
Karenj
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hallmark-movie worthy !! It had everything I love in a holiday romance, sweet and tender, you could almost put this in second-chance romance section.

Caitie loved everything about the holiday season, so much so she built her business around it - planning Christmas decor for others... hotels, businesses, movies. What she didn't bank on making time for when she went home to Angel Sands for her brother's engagement party, was planning their Christmas themed wedding !

She also didn't bank on coming
Clare
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just A Kiss was such a was such a amazing read, it's the kind of Christmasy romance story that gives you all the warm and fuzzies inside.
It all started with a teenage crush for Caitie Russell, with the object of her affection being her big brothers best friend Brecken Miller, to a meeting years later when she is asked to help plan her brother Lucas's Christmas wedding. This story is the fourth book set in the seaside town of Angel Sands, California, and it may have a little more sunshine t
Linda
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌊They have nothing to fear but fear itself!🌅
4.5🌟stars
😍 The standard remains high in this fourth book in the Angel Sands series as yet another couple unite in the small California beach town. I liked and sympathized with the two main protagonists, Caitie and Breck, each with a major childhood trauma still looming large in their adult lives. The story's main events revolve around the preparations for the wedding of Caitie's brother who is also one of Breck's best boyhood friends. A pus
Loves
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carrie Elks is my favourite go to author , I've loved all of her previous books and I was lucky to receive an ARC of this copy . It didn't disappoint. Her style of writing makes it really easy to connect with the characters she's portraying and they're always easy to relate to. You reconnect with characters from the previous books in the series and the banter between the friends and siblings is amusing. What I love is that it doesn't matter if you pick this up not having read any of the earlier ...more
Laura R
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book felt like coming home after having been away for awhile. There is a comfort in returning to Angel Sands for the Christmastime wedding of Lucas Russell (Caitie's brother) and Ember Kennedy, who were featured in the first book of this series. We not only get to catch on what has been happeing with the characters from the previous books, but we also get a new romance.

When Caitie returns home for her brother's engagement party, she finds that her attraction to one of he
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I do enjoy a good Christmas story and this one is just that, a really good festive story! It has all the "Awww" factors in it, love, misunderstanding, a wedding and, did I mention Christmas. If you are looking for a good read this is one to get.

Typical of all Carie Elks books, this one is well written and flows really well. With great characters and a great setting, this story is set on the beach, with old friends and new relationships. It is easy to get into and keeps your attention
Korkoi
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving Each Each Other Warts And All
By Korkoi

Breck was a gorgeous, eligible young man, who didn’t believe in love and didn’t celebrate Christmas, because of his tumultuous past. Caitie was Breck’s best friend’s younger sister and had been in love with Breck since she was fifteen. She grew up in a seaside town, but was terrified of large bodies of water. Their first interact in over ten year was filled with so many sparks that it could have burned down the building they were in.
Suzaan Jansen van Rensburg
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caitlin had a crush on Breck since they were kids. But he left town at 17 after his mom died and they only met up again 13 years later. Not too long before they could not deny the attraction between them. But there are obstacles in their way - Breck loves the ocean while Caitie has a fobia for water after a near drowning and Caitlin loves Christmas so much that she is actually making a living out of it while it only reminds Breck of the day his mother passed away from cancer. Not to mention that ...more
Shelley
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and the views expressed are my honest opinions.

I don’t have too much to say. I’d give it 6, 7, 8 stars if I could!

I devoured this book the weekend after receiving it. I love that we haven’t finished with Angel Sands. I found the characters engaging, opening up the possibility of even more visits to this lovely town.

The book ticked all the right boxes for me and of the novels I have read so far by Carrie E
Carol
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so sweet. Breck was in town working on a project for his family and went to a party where he saw a beautiful girl that happened to be the sister of his best friend. They kept connecting or misconnecting as a new female acquaitance kept flirting with him and trying to be his girl. Lots of misunderstandings. A side story that was heartbreaking was Ember's fear of water. It was very severe but she had kept it from everyone. Add to it Brecks hate of Christmas and Ember's job of decorat ...more
Steph N
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The beach in Angel Sands. A Christmas Wedding. Old friends reunited.
Sounds perfect, right? Not so fast...
When Brecken Miller last saw Caitie Russell, he was 17 & she was 15. He’s almost struck dumb by what an amazing woman she’s become when they meet again @ her brother’s engagement party.
Breck has always been more than a childhood crush to Caitie. She soon fears her new attraction to him poses a risk to both her heart & her perfectly planned NYC life.
He loves the beach & ha
Sharon Jones
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Christmas, it is my favorite holiday of the year. Yet for some reason I am not a fan of Christmas romance novels.
Well that was how I felt before reading Just a Kiss. If they were all like this book I would be thoroughly converted.
Breck & Caitie’s story is a brothers best friend to lovers book - one of my favorite tropes. Add in that Carrie is the author and I knew that I was going to love it.
I enjoyed that both characters are flawed, but are willing to work on overco
Rachel Kennedy
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story of Caitie and Brecken.

He has always been the man she compared everyone too, after a perfect kiss when they were teenagers and before he left town. She hasn't seen him in years, and she is falling for him again.

He hates christmas, and her job is arranging christmas displays for clients; he loves to surf and she is afraid of water, so will they ever face their fears and have a chance together

I liked how it is told from both of their points of view, and the charac
Monica
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
4,5 *

When I sit down to write about this series I get the feeling of warmth, kindness, family and love. It’s so welcoming like I’m visiting friends after some months apart. I don’t know if it’s the beach, the community, the Christmas theme or the characters but definitely the mind and words from Carrie Elks that leave me hopeful and happy... it’s so nice to have this connection.

I really enjoy getting to know everyone in Angel Sands.

I do recommend this book and it’s a must to catch
Jayne Wheatley
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book.
Seriously I highly recommend it, I can’t fault it at all.
The characters were real, they all gelled perfectly.
The family dynamics worked well.
A combination of best friends, families, love, loss and heartache this book had it all.
A man will his issues of loosing his mum at Christmas, his best friends sister with a phobia of the sea that lives and greatness Christmas shouldn’t work on paper but fit like a jigsaw.
Couldn’t put it down l
susan muratoglu
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, nice bit of Christmas flavour so perfect for the holidays. The story is interesting and it was well constructed. I enjoyed the fact that both the main characters had been traumatised in some way. Breck hated Christmas after loosing his mum then and Caitie was scared of water after a childhood near drowning. However her business is literally Christmas and he lives by the coast and is an avid surfer. Yet they still can't resist each other. Real warm fuzzy book well worth the rea ...more
Ginelle Blanch
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet sexy story...brother's best friend...perfect holiday read. What more could you ask for?

I loved getting back to Angel Sands, at the holidays! Small town, family oriented read. But, as with any relationship, this one had to be worked at and, there were pretty big roadblocks in the way. Both main characters are strong yet super vulnerable. You want to shake them and you want to hug them.

Overall, a feel good read with a nice ending.
Kristi
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the Angel Sands series. Carrie does a wonderful job writing the story so it pulls you in right away and keeps you there until you finish. Strong characters, wonderful story line and a great read for the holiday season. I love Carries's writing and she didn't waste any time being added to my list of favorite authors.

Carrie Elks is an international bestselling author of thirteen traditionally-published and self-published novels. Her books are sweet yet sexy contemporary romance stories. Her latest books are a series of small town romances set on the coast of Southern California. You can begin the Angel Sands series with Let Me Burn - available on Amazon and in Kindle Unlimited.

Amazon: http://author.to/CarrieElksAuthor

MYhttps://www.bookbub.com/authors/carri...
Unlimited.

Angel Sands (4 books)
  • Let Me Burn
  • She's Like The Wind (Angel Sands #2)
  • Sweet Little Lies (Angel Sands #3)