Start by marking “Beast (Six Stories, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beast (Six Stories, #4)

Beast

(Six Stories #4)

Elusive online journalist Scott King examines the chilling case of a young vlogger found frozen to death in the legendary local ‘vampire tower’, in another explosive episode of Six Stories…

In the wake of the 'Beast from the East' cold snap that ravaged the UK in 2018, a grisly discovery was made in a ruin on the Northumbrian coast. Twenty-four-year-old vlogger, Elizabeth
Expected publication: February 6th 2020 by Orenda Books (first published December 20th 2019)

Start your review of Beast (Six Stories, #4)
Blair
(3.5) Over the last few years, Matt Wesolowski's Six Stories books have become a winter tradition for me, and last year's Changeling was the highlight of the series so far. Not only was it an astoundingly clever and cunning piece of storytelling, it also brought podcast host Scott King to the fore, integrating the series' narrator into the story ingeniously. I reread it over Christmas, and I still find it astonishing.

I mention all this because Changeling was always going to be a very tough act
Louise Beech
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God. I get so excited when a Wesolowski comes out and he always goes RIGHT TO THE TOP of my book pile. And this was worth putting everything aside for. He is a genius. He always takes a traditional legend or tale and tells it with a shocking or surprising modern day slant. This time we have vampires. And boy, do they live among us. That is ALL I will say. I can't believe I'll have to wait another year for his next one! WRITE FASTER MAN!
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
This review can also be found on my blog The Tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

Six Stories is a popular podcast hosted by Scott King. The premise is simple, six stories from six different people all with links to a specific case told over six episodes. King uses the podcast to look into cold cases and unsolved mysteries where he delves deep in search of answers to unanswered questions and the truth surrounded the case.

Beast is the fourth book in the Six Stories series.
Eva
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Goodness gracious me. What do they put in Matt Wesolowski’s food?!

Another year, another episode in the absolutely brilliant Six Stories series. If you’re not reading this series, I’m judging you like you wouldn’t believe. And if this fourth book in the series doesn’t get under your skin and make you think about the truly warped-up world we live in these days, there is something really wrong with you.

Scott King, our not-so-much-elusive-anymore online podcaster, travels to the, quite frankly,
Kelly Van Damme
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m pretty sure the format is fairly well known by now, but for those of you who are new to the series: Six Stories is a fictional podcast hosted and created by Scott King. Beast is Scott King’s fourth outing, and I’m here to tell you: I’m ready for however many more Matt Wesolowski can come up with! As always, Scott King talks to six people who each tell him (and us) their story, their side of the events. The case at hand seems pretty cut and dried, rather black and white, a girl is dead and ...more
Yvonne (It's All About Books)
Look out for my full review during my stop of the blog tour next month!! (February 21st)

SPOILER: I bloody loved it!! And I'm not sure yet how I'm going to write a review that actually does it justice... xD
Danielle
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Holds on to breaches and rolls from heal to toes* Well, what do we have here? Another chilling Wesolowski rollercoaster, that's what we have. How does he do it? It's an unbelievable talent it is, through the use of his words Matt executes an unsettling read that entwines aspects of societal issues with the snowy covering of horrifying warpness! Through multi-narration, including that of Scott King and six individual's close to the victim in question - YouTube channel host, Elizabeth Barton, as ...more
Patricia
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Any one who is familiar with the Six Stories series by Matt Wesolowski will expect this current edition to be brilliant. And they would not be wrong. Brilliant, terrifying (in more ways than one), and insightful.

It also brought back the terror of high school and wanting to fit in. As one who went to several schools, I am extremely familiar with that feeling. And extremely familiar with the Elizabeths of this world.

I adored each and every interview and how each one advanced the story. You will
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
I have been waiting for so long for this book I just couldn’t wait to read it and had to sneak it in before the end of the year. Boy I was not disappointed. Kept me up late into the night reading it. I am absolutely loving this series, it just gets better and better doesn’t it? Very happy. Very impressed. The perfect book to end the year on.
As usual brilliantly written, gripping, thrilling and chilling. A real page turner. I was hooked. I needed to know the answers as much as Scott. The outcome
Thebooktrail
Visit the locations in BEAST the novel

Just when you think it's safe to venture back onto the Northumberland coast and moors....

Six Stories is a series that just keeps getting better and better. This arrived just before Christmas and I immediately wanted to dive in. Vampires and legends in Northumberland? Yes please? A vlogger found in a pele tower? A youngsters prank gone wrong? The blurb says the book will look at our obsession with needing attention on social media so there's the modern
Beadyjan
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thrillers
Six stories is a darkly different and daring contemporary thriller series.

Beast is part of the six stories series, published by Orenda Books. (They could almost be called Sick stories as they are all dark and devious and pretty much a very modren take on the gothic horror genre) The previous 3 books are, in order, Six Stories #1, Hydra #2, Changeling #3 and Beast is number 4.

It can be read as a stand alone book, but to be honest once you've read it and loved it, you're going to be desperate to
Helen Christmas
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicole
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Scott King returns in this 4th series of Six Stories.
His face and story are well known now ( and I appreciated the nod to people who must have contacted the author after reading Changeling) he acknowledges those who have been helped by hearing his story.

What I love about Six Stories is episode is set as a podcast, each story another link in the events of the cold case Scott King has decided to look into. Not solve.
Your mind really does the walking through probable events, suspects, sometimes new
Jen
I have been putting off reviewing this book. Why? Because I really don't know what to write. Why? Because whatever I write, I am not going to do the book justice. End of story.

I do love this series. It is a highly original series of books, with the common thread of the narrator, or podcaster, Scott King, and the fact that each of the stories are told through a series of six podcasts. And that is where the similarity ends. Every single story has been unique, from the whodunnit styling of the
The Book Review Café
The Six Stories series by Matt Wesolowski is one of my favourite crime series EVER! It’s deliciously dark, extremely imaginative, each book has been beyond riveting. Beast like the other books in the series features modern day themes, combined with darkest folklore, and yet again the author’s vivid imagination propels the reader into a plot that’s marked by an unrelenting bleakness, and yet Beast makes for an all consuming read.

Six Stories is precisely that, Six Stories told from the perspective
Mandie
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
God knows how I have done it, but I have managed to get far enough into my reading to pounce on an Orenda book not long after it was published. And boy am I glad that I managed to read this one as I can happily say that I think it is my favourite one of the series. After all what’s not to love about a book that has a vampire myth at the heart of it?? Downside is that it’s the latest in the series so now I will have to wait for the next one. In this installment of six stories we see Scott King ...more
Sally Boocock
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another incredible six stories from Matt Wesolowski. A tale of a decapitated girl and vampires with a modern twist. A real look at what social media can do. Captivating, gripping and awful but goes to make a great book
Emma
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am such a huge fan of Matt Wesolowski’s Six Stories series. Set out as podcasts, they are original, clever, dark and gut wrenchingly chilling. ‘Beast’ is book four in the series, they can be read as stand-alones but I highly recommend that you read all of them and in order – a) because they are brilliant and b) because you get the odd spoiler in the later books if you haven’t read the others.

In ‘Beast’ Scott King is delving into the murder of popular vlogger, Elizabeth Barton. Her small home
Kayla
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
What time is it? Time to be horribly upset for another year that I've read the latest SIX STORIES book so quickly

I loved the story in this one, loved how it was more than just about a vampire, but about the double edged sword that humans are. Wesolowski did a great job with BEAST.
Christine Blake
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Excellent addition to a brilliant series. Read it in two sittings. Recommended.
Don Jimmy Reviews
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Leo
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All of this series is nothing but 5 stars. DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS. BUY IT NOW!! This book just solidified why this is my favourite series and how much I love all of these books. This was everything I wanted from this book and more. I loved every second of it and wow it was amazing!!

Definitely going to re-read again soon !!!
Sandra Armor
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for this one and it didn’t disappoint. I’ve read all four books in the Six Stories series this year and I’m completely addicted. As always with this series, there’s a bit of other worldliness to Beast, but it is firmly rooted in the real world. Real world issues are the heart of these stories. I realized at the end how lucky I was to grow up before the internet generation. The tough parts of my childhood pale in comparison to the damage that can be done in the online world.

Amber
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall I felt Beast was a good addition to the Six Stories series. I personally felt that it wasn’t as strong as Changeling, but that one will always be a tough act to follow. I read Beast on my kindle and while, I enjoyed it, I found all of the formatting issues to be so distracting. There were so many spacing and punctuation errors, at times it was hard to focus on the story itself.
Justin Sarginson
These six stories are generally great to read. But as each subsequent book is released, the horror and the supernatural elements are (consciously or not) reduced, leaving you with essentially a murder mystery to interpret and solve. Which is fine in itself, I just remember how good the first two six stories were and how diluted this one now feels.
Jacob Collins
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beast by Matt Wesolowski is the fourth book in the Six Stories series, and it is his most terrifying and chilling book to date. After the devastating events for our protagonist, Scott King, which took place in the last book, he is now investigating the death of a young vlogger who died while taking part in a social media challenge.

The social media challenge which features in this book is so disturbing. Elizabeth Barton is taking part in the ‘dead in six days’ challenge, which she is broadcasting
Dave

• A Dark Matter
  • Three Hours
  • I Am Dust
  • The Colour of Bee Larkham’s Murder
  • Death Deserved (Blix & Ramm)
  • The God Game
  • Blood Song (Emily Roy & Alexis Castells #3)
  • Bone China
  • Little Siberia
  • Mexikoring (Chas Riley, #8)
  • The Other People
  • Her Last Breath (The Tattoo Thief, #2)
  • The Murder House (DCI Matilda Darke, #5)
  • In the Absence of Miracles
Matt Wesolowski is an author from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in the UK. He is an English tutor for young people in care.

Wesolowski started his writing career in horror and was a winner of the Pitch Perfect competition at 'Bloody Scotland'; Crime Writing Festival 2015. His subsequent debut crime novel 'Six Stories' was published by Orenda Books in the spring of 2016 with follow-up ‘Hydra’ published in the

Six Stories (4 books)
  • Six Stories (Six Stories, #1)
  • Hydra (Six Stories, #2)
  • Changeling (Six Stories, #3)