Start by marking “Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers)” as Want to Read:
Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers)

Pierced Hearts

(Southern Charmers #1)

Darby

I’m here.
Back in the same town I ran from years ago and the man I left behind.
Pierce Kendrick, the man I’ve never stopped loving.
The day he walked up to me with his cocky smile, everything changed.
Now, I don’t recognize the cold, harsh, bitter man that stands in his place.
It’s time Pierce knows why I left, and the secrets that drove me away.
347 pages
Published November 11th 2019 by Ahren Sanders Author

To ask other readers questions about Pierced Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pierced Hearts

Start your review of Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers)
Nadine Bookaholic
This book was so good I devoured it in one day. I have always enjoyed Ahren Sanders' books but there was just something about Darby and Pierce's story that captivated me. I will admit I was pissed at Darby for falling back into bed with Pierce so quickly but I understood why she did it even though it had no chance of ever playing out the way she thought it would. Pierce was gunning to get her back and she wanted closure, guess I don't have to tell you which way things worked out now do I, lol. I ...more
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
The man was pretty much verbally abusive with his ex and with the heroine.
This man here waited a loooong time after the heroine left him. He waited so long because so in love with her that he just couldn’t moved on. He got the heroine pregnant and when she lost the baby they got into a fight and said some horrible things to her. She left town but she was coming back to beg for his forgiveness. So he waited and waited and waited for her safely return and waited some more. 14 WEEKS! 14 weeks that
Dilek VT
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as nope
The hero sounds like a big jerk, sleeping with her worst enemy and getting her pregnant soon after they are separated... Instead of going after the woman he supposedly loves, he just drinks and uses drugs and of course has reckless sex...

So what? What will the HEA entail? Obviously, the heroine will have to forgive him one day and take him back. How will she look at the children he had while she was away and feel OK with it all? Especially after staying stupidly celibate for 12 years herself, s
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I may have lived without you, but I wasn't really living, not until that day in May when my heart started beating again because you were back."

Would it be rude if I mention how surprised I was by how amazing this book is? Not that any of her previous works were not good, but damn, this one is sooooo amazing it needs to be elevated and appreciated appropriately, you know? I floved it...hard.

Pierced Hearts is about childhood sweethearts who never got over each other. She walked away from the love of her life ten years ag/>Piercedit...
Sharon
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story that will give you all the feels! 5 stars for this one!
Meet Darby, she's returning to town after being away for twelve years. She's avoiding him, the one that broke her, the one she can't seem to get over, Pierce. When he finds out she's back in town, he will stop at nothing to get to her and find out why she just up and left him behind.
Read along and see what made Darby leave Pierce behind, what broke them apart for so long. Can they get passed the past and heal and
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Darby never thought she'd be back in her hometown. It's where she never wanted to come back to. For reasons. Reasons like her ex. The one who tore her heart out and stomped it into a million little pieces. She knows Pierce is here and she's doing her level best to not run into him again, but it seems fate is against her because yeah he's demanding to be in her space. He wants answers. HE wants answers?!? What about her...

Soon Darby's body (and her heart) are clamoring for her to let Pierce back in. But she's not sure she can, if she should. She knows her heart can't take another beating. But Pierce is determined af to get his Darby back. Will she give him a second chance?

Damn! Pierced Hearts is intense! I loved it though. Darby and Pierce went through a lot of difficult things during their journey. From their first love to their second chance, everything was laid out in a really entertaining, thoughtful way. And let me tell you - Pierce is mine. Talk about one hot determined alpha. I completely understand why Darby fell so hard for him.

ARC via Give Me Books Promotions for an honest review. Also purchased a digital copy via Amazon.

Review/Release Blitz: Live Through Books Blog.

Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Shonna
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Ahren Sanders an boy have I been missing out!

Do you like books with all the feels? Yes! Then this book is a must read!! It’s real it’s raw and it has delicate and complicated issues

Meet Darby she’s just recently come back to town after being away for 12 years and she’s avoiding the guy she can’t forget her soul mate the guy who broke her heart! When pierce learns of Darby moving back to town his determined to find out why she left! Can Darby and Pierce reconnect?

There
Lori
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Darby and Pierce are high school sweethearts who have a horrible thing happen to them abs 12 years down the line get their second chance. It did take me awhile to warm up to pierce because one he was not the nicest guy in the begging and also because it seemed like it was so easy for him to move on from Darby. Once the details of his past were explained that changed for me. I loved Darby, she had fire and spunk. I felt for her this whole book. All of the supporting characters ...more
Gail M. Coash
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pierce and Darby's story was so amazing and made me swear so much it wasn't funny. There were times while reading this book that I almost threw my kindle but i didn't I felt connected to these characters in such a way that I felt i was in the story living it for myself. Ahren you have a way with story telling that kept my attention and made me devour the book within hours!!!!Love the angst and passion that filled this book. It was well worth the read and I want to give it more than 5 stars!!!
Mom Seeks Smut
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book #1 in the Southern Charmers series.

This is a 2nd chance love in which the heroine left town years ago leaving both herself and Pierce broken. When Darby returns to town she desperately tries to avoid Pierce. When they finally meet again...he is understandably upset with her. After her explanation he is understanding and then protective and ALPHA. Loved this story and can’t wait to continue this series.
Bre Landers
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second chance romance that you've been waiting for!
Pierce and Darby went through a lot to get to where they are now. Pushing and pulling for their relationship to surface was exciting. This drama has it all and makes you want to kick, punch, and root for the characters. I loved how involved their families were and can't wait for the next book in this series.
Megan Lowe
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a solid book. I liked the story of Pierce and Darby but I thought it was a little too long and drawn out. For a long time I was waiting for some drama, but it happens right at the end. I also felt pierce was overly preoccupied with sex. I don’t mind, but that’s really what everything boils down with him.
Like I said, this was a solid book, but not one of my favourites, sorry.
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

This is the third book I’ve read by Ahren Sanders, and this is the third time she has blown me away with her incredible storytelling. Richly detailed and full of every single feel, Sanders has a way of developing her characters that enables her readers to truly get to know them. The effort and care she takes in progressing her plots and stories, in laying them out and building the anticipation, is evident on every page. It’s easy to get lost in her stories, swept right up in them and
Marnie
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have no words to describe how amazing this book is

Just read it!! You absolutely cannot miss out on this beautiful and heart-wrenching story from Ahren Sanders.

I hadn’t even finished the first chapter, not got even a sniff of the story about Pierce and Darby, and my heart was breaking!! I was completely and utterly gutted. Then I found out what happened between them. Gutted became broken and devastated.

Since leaving Pierce and Charleston behind, and, for the first time in 12 year
Jenn Amy
It’s been forever since I read an Ahren Sanders novel and let me tell you this her best book yet. I missed her writing so much. Pierced Hearts was breathtakingly beautiful, it was painful at times but such an incredible story of redemption, forgiveness and seconds chances.

From the minute I opened this book I was hooked to these characters and their story. The way Ahren tells the story of their past I could literally feel my heart breaking for the love that was lost when these two separated 12 y
Tiffany Readz
Mixed Feelings After Reading...

After reading Pierced Hearts, I had to wait a day or so to sort out all of my feelings about these characters. It was definitely a love hate relationship for the three of us.

"Using her for a verbal punching bag is the last thing on my mind, but for some reason, I can't stop."

That is what did me in with Pierce. From the get go, the guy was a controlling a-hole. I get it, there was some confusion in his past with the woman he loved
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not even sure where to start writing this review, as Pierced Hearts took me on an extreme, next level emotional journey, that I'm not sure I'll EVER be over to be honest. I mean, I already knew that the brilliant Ahren Sanders knows how to destroy hearts, but seriously, this is next level heartbreaking. Darby is a woman who is successful in her business that she started from the ground up, but her love life, not so much. She found her forever love in Pierce, but some big hits destroyed them, ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Wowza, talk about being put through an emotional wringer! Man, I’m still trying to recover from finishing my read of Pierced Hearts, trying to piece my own heart back together after Darby and Pierce shredded it.

Darby and Pierce grew up together. Fell in love. Broke up—nearly destroying each other in the process. And have not seen each other in twelve years. Until Darby returns to her beloved hometown of Charleston.

To face her past so she can finally have the future she’s worked so damn hard f
Michelle
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Yolanda
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahren Sanders seriously knows how to write one hell of an emotional second chance romance! Pierced Hearts(Southern Charmers #1) can be read as stand-alone and is a fantastic start to this series. I was so addicted to Pierced Hearts’s intriguing storyline that I devoured it within hours.

Pierce and Darby’s story began as young lovers who had an emotional and nasty break up. Although both of them have moved on since then, they’ve never truly gotten over each other. Now that Darby has returned to h
Sandy Blushing Babes Are Up All Night
Pierced Hearts
**4.50 STARS**

Second chance romance? Sign me up! It’s one of my favorite tropes and THIS one will stay with you.

Darby and Pierce are each other’s first loves and destined to be forever – right? Come on! That’s never the way it goes – ever. Alas, it’s a cruel world and our lovebirds are separated.

Twelve years later, that’s right, 12…years...later and though each of them has continued to live neither one has moved on, in their heart, fr
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
3.5/5 Stars

Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This story packs one heck of an emotional wallop. I scarcely know what to make of my thoughts after reading this.

I felt that this was a solid story in terms of plot. There were so many things going on and so many things layered into the story. Some of the things were a little overly dramatic, but I like my stories to have plenty of drama.

The one thing
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
First I want to start out by saying that I am a huge fan of this author. I really like her writing style. It always flows so well for me. I never have a problem being drawn into her stories. This one was no different. I loved Pierce. I mean I really, really loved him. I loved his approach to Darby and getting her back. It was over the top in a lot of ways and I think that is what I loved most about him. I felt for Darby I really did and I connected with her in many ways and while I understood he ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Ahren Sanders is someone I really enjoy reading and is always a must read for me when she puts out a new book. She is known for writing them angsty, heated, and packed with tons of heart and I just can't get enough every single time. And while this new book isn't a favorite of mine (personal issues with a couple things), it was definitely still a really good journey that still has me thinking about it a couple days later.

Pierced Hearts is a standalone book in the
April Symes
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pierced Hearts by Ahren Sanders is a hugely emotional 2nd chance romance that have you going thru the emotional rollercoaster ride with the characters. Pierce and Darby were high school sweethearts who parted ways terribly12 years before and now 12 years later Darby has moved back to town without ever seeing or talking to Pierce since their break up. He was her soul mate yet the one who broke her heart. She can't bear to hear his name or even talk about him..What's going to happen when Pierce fi ...more
Sharon Jones
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
I am scratching my brain trying to come up with a review that will do this book just an ounce of justice. It is simply put the best book I have read this year.
Pierced Hearts is a big book on emotions and is also lengthy in content. But at no stage whilst I was reading this book did I ever think that the author was repeating herself or just adding filler to make the story as long as it is. Pierce & Darby's story had to be told e
Melissa Mendoza
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing

5 Pulls at your heart strings Stars!!! This book will hit you in all your feels!!!

OMG this book was everything!! EVERYTHING!!! I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I got this book but OMG I was so pleasantly surprised! Its packed full of emotion and drama and heat! You can't help but fall in love with the characters and the story! This book is PERFECTION!!
Fre06 Begum
Thuy Taylor
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love Ahren's writing and the stories she creates. It always feels like it could happen in real life. and this particular one especially. This was fantastic, unputdownable, emotional, heartbreaking, frustrating second chance romance.

Darby and Pierce were each other's everything 12 years ago. EVERYTHING. They were soul mates but big things happened and when she was trying to get back to him to retify it, her world collapsed and it kept her away for 12 years, but now she's back.
Tania's Book Blog
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a second chance romance that will put your emotions thru the ringers!!!! Pierce and Darby were high school sweethearts then college sweethearts that parted ways terribly. It took 12 years for these two to actually clear the air but it wasn’t easy at all. There was too much going on and things were different and they were different. They were both successful in their business but in love they weren’t. Their parents were supportive and both their brothers then jumped on board long with ...more
Ahren spent her formative years living in an active volcano. There her family made collectible lava art. She studied rock collecting at the Sorbonne in France. There she met the love of her life-her pet pig Sybil. She returned to the states and started writing. She is happily married to a guy who used to live under a bridge and she met while pole-dancing.

Now, meet the real me. I grew up in the so