Start by marking “Out of the Darkness (Hope Valley #6)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Darkness (Hope Valley #6)

Out of the Darkness (Hope Valley #6)

The light had been snuffed out of Xander Caine's life, leaving him to suffer alone in darkness. Then a woman blew into town with the force of a hurricane and shook everything up.
Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Darkness

Start your review of Out of the Darkness (Hope Valley #6)
Jessica Prince
Oct 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, mine
IT'S LIVE! Be sure to grab your copy="https://amzn.to/34OArHT">here

description
Garden Of REden
Off the Charts!!!!
Amy's Review

If you'd asked me a few days ago if Jessica Prince could write a book that would knock Sweet Sunshine, my absolute favorite book by her out of the top spot I would have laughed in your face.  Chloe and Derrick's story grabbed hold of that  spot the first time I read it, and kept that spot after every re-read, which there have been many.   Since that first read Jessica has released a slew of amazing reads, but after each one Chloe and Derrick still
Izzie d
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~Dawn~TUG
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I know I say this every damn time I finish a Jessica Prince story...BUT this is my very favorite of the series. Xander and Sage were an inferno of sexual tension, that I felt from the very beginning of the story until the end. The fight and sassiness in Sage was perfect for the broody mountain man known as Xander and I fucking LOVED IT!!! Aloha. Not just in the hero but the little spitfire heroine too. Devoured this one. Jessica prince has done it again. She brought all the ...more
BookishStacy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Out of the Darkness is book six in the Hope Valley series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but there are recurring characters so I would suggest you read in order.

Sage Winthrop shows up in Hope Valley after leaving a really bad situation looking to start over. She's a biker princess and is ready to get back to her original self after changing who she was for a man who didn't deserve her. She's determined to not let that happen again. She finds a job as the new administrative assista
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Where do I even start with this review? My mind and my heart are still recovering from Xander and Sage’s epic tale!

Sage might be my favorite heroine from the Hope Valley series!!! Her sass and zero f()cks attitude was so refreshing and hilarious. I laughed out loud so many times during this book due to the banter between Shortcake and Sasquatch. It was absolute comedic gold!

The darkness and haunting past that Xander hid was so damn heartbreaking! He was a broken man, surr
Kahea

***5 ‘#TeamSage’ Stars***

Q: How do you know when a book totally has you hooked?

A: When you know you only have 10 mins to read before you have to deal with life and still pull out your phone figuring getting in one...maybe two...chapters was better than nothing because you really NEED to see what will happen next (even when you know you’ll all kinds of pouty in the inside until you can crack that book open again.)

That was me with this book, sneaking in any moment I could because
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
I received a review copy before release for an honest review.

This is the newest story in this series. It is book #6 but this one more than any of the others stands very much alone. If you have not read the series yet its a great book to start in on and if you have read the series then you will enjoy this one as we get to meet Xander and Sage both new characters and employees who work at the PI firm in town.

Sage was a fun character and I absolutely loved her story so much. She is a r
Ri
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, color me surprised because I was quite convinced nothing could steal the thunder or my affection from The Ladies of Girl Talk and their delicious men. Nothing. I almost would have staked my children on it. Well, I am glad that I didn't because Xander and Sage just stole the top spot. This book was everything that I have come to love from this author and then some. It was heartfelt, the banter was delicious, and sweet lawd, the characters were everything.

This has been a fantasti
April Symes
Out Of The Darkness is the 6th book in the Hope Valley series by Jessica Prince. Each book in this series can be read as a standalone but I recommend that you read them all because there are reoccurring characters that are in each book and the books are just that amazing!
Sage and Xander's story - Wow!!!! It is just fantabulous. That's not a word that I use loosely. Their journey towards each other was an emotional rollercoaster ride. It was a seesaw of ups and downs, push/pull, rawness yet
Charlene
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing page turner in the small town romance series of Hope Valley. This time we get an enemies to friends to lovers story that pulled at my heartstrings while entertaining me with witty banter!

Xander, who works at Alpha Omega Investigations, is sexy and rugged, with a dangerous edge that’s a result of the darkness he’s allowing himself to drown in. Sage is new to Hope Valley, needing a fresh start to her life, leaving her past behind. She is incredibly strong and feisty...a force to b
Island Girl Romance Reads
Out Of The Darkness is the 6th book in the Hope Valley series by Jessica Prince Love each of the books in this series and wanted to read Xander’s book when I first started to read this series and it didn’t disappoint.
Xander is a quiet and brooding man. He has a dark past he doesn’t talk about. He doesn’t smile and doesn’t socialize with his brothers of Alpha Omega.
Sage moved to Hope Valley for a new start. She is the new receptionist at Alpha Omega.
Their first encounter was instant hate
Leslie Ooten
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure how Jessica Prince does it, but these books NEVER disappoint! She writes strong heroines like no one I've ever read, and I freakin LOVE it!! Sage is a bad b*tch, and I would love to be her friend. She took no crap from Xander. She took him head on, which was awesome! Xander ended up with a lot more demons than I thought. He was still a great hero, and he was gone for Sage the first time he met her. I wish that he would have got his head out of his butt a little sooner, but it all wo ...more
MsBoo
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just putting it out there that Xander and Sage are my new favourite couple in Hope Valley. Both have had tough times and when Sage shows up in Hope Valley, she soon finds a job, her tribe and the love of her life.

So, we have returned to Hope Valley and once again, Jessica Prince has written a story full of love and friendship with a bit of intrigue. Sage has finally found a group of supportive women and a job that she enjoys. Xander works for Linc Sheppard in Alpha Omega Investigatio
Diane plourde
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Another yet amazing 5 star story for this brilliant author. This is the 6th book in the Hope Valley series.

Xander is a tall, dark, broody alpha that works at the security firm. He’s battling demons that he carries with him every day. Comes in bad ass Sage who doesn’t scare easily and pushes him out of his comfort zone. Will she succeed in having Xander deal with demons?

This is an intriguing and somewhat suspenseful story. They have connection and spark. Amazing characters that were funny at times. I
Heather
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica prince is one of my favorite authors and man she completely distroyed my emotions in this book! She is such a brilliant author she hooks you in from page one. This book is no different. I have read all of the hope valley books and these books get better and better! Sage is a brand new to hope valley character (yay!!!) She wrote this in such a way that I have a gut feeling I know who some of the characters will be in her next series (at least I hope!!!)

Sage and Xander together
Tammi
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GAH!! I love a sweet romance story and Jessica Prince never disappoints. In this one I immediately fell in love with the couple. Their bickering and sarcastic banter had me cracking up.
Sage was a great female lead she was strong and had a self confidence that was out of this world. I loved her! And loved watching her give Xander a what for and putting him his place. He was dark, broody and intimidating but she saw through that and pushed to be his friend and become more.
We knew from
Dawn Herring
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have thoroughly enjoyed this Hope Valley series, and this book has managed to worm its way into being one of my absolute favorites. I definitely had a love-hate thing going with this one, though. I loved Sage right from the start, but Xander, well, I wanted to smack him, and I took great satisfaction when Sage did so. But like Sage, I also fell in love with him, and his pain broke my heart. It took the strongest type of woman to make him want to truly live again, and although the road there is ...more
Maryanne DeWitt
I'm fairly certain I felt every single emotion while reading Sage and Xander's story. I went in thinking Jessica couldn't possibly have a heroine that I loved more than Gypsy....famous last words of a fool, my friends. Sage. Is. Amazing. Xander. Is. Awesome. I'll be honest, I wanted to throat punch him occassionally, but I think it's a testament to Jessica's skill as a writer that she redeemed him completely.

I think we should all try to be more like Sage. Live life to the fullest, always have c
Carrie
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Sage & Xander are AMAZING! There is so much heartwrenching emotion in this story, and I did NOT want to put it down. From the prologue to the very last page, the story flows so well! Sage has so much strength, determination, and joie de vive that it just leaps off the page. And Xander! My heart breaks for him, and I wanted to smack him a few times, and I love how he lets his heart shine through even when he's being a big ol' jerk.

This story has a good balance of humor & steam to go
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Wow! I was rendered speechless a third of the way in, screaming half way in & speechless again in the end. I seriously have no words to express how much I enjoyed this story. I want to be Sage when I grow up, she is so bada$$. Seriously not sure who I love more her or Xander. We all know going into this story it will give us all the feels, just because of the quiet broody attitude Xander has in previous books. A beautiful, intriguing romance that will leave you even more in love with these c ...more
Nancy Metsch
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I have said before, you want to find love, go to Hope Valley.
Sage is without any doubt my favorite female character in this series. And every woman in this series is awesome. But there's just something really special about Sage. I felt my hear break for her a lot and it wasn't just for one reason. This woman is strong andcan really take care of herself in more ways then one
Now let's talk about Xander. He maybe moody and scary as all get out. But I love how Alpha he is. And he do
Lynn
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Hope Valley book!! I loved Xander and Sage’s story. I love these Hope Valley characters so much.
Sage is starting over and comes to Hope Valley. She gets a job at Alpha Omega and falls in love with this town like we all love it.
Xander has a messed up past and doesn’t want anything to do with Sage. She is strong through, she wants to be his friend, even though he pushes her away.
I loved watching their relationship grow into something. I love all the supporting chara
Stephanie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m having a hard time writing this review because it means that I’m truly done with Sage & Xander’s book. And I’m not ready to be done! My favorite Jessica Prince book to date! I highly recommend this story & series. Something about Hope Valley & its residents that makes me want to pack up and move there.

Sage & Xander captivated me from the first page to the last! Their journey had so many great twists & turns that I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough. I loved all the came
Jamie Rhodes
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Xander and Sage will take you on a wild ride through their relationship. If you love some female sass and some male bad@$$, then this book is for you. It is part of a series, and yes, you should read the others. However, you don't have to. Hope Valley is full of bad@$$ men who find their equally bad@$$ women with some bumps along the way. This story follows that path. You will fall in love with Sage as she doesn't take Xander's crap. Inside the pages, you will find angst, brotherhood, love, frie ...more
Kim
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I devoured Xander and Sage’s story in Out of the Darkness! The sexual tension, the banter between the two and the overall story just grabbed from the start and didn’t let go until that very last page! A quiet hero and a very feisty heroine made for an excellent story filled with every emotion you could imagine. I have to say that Xander and Sage might be my favorite couple yet!
Shelley
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author's novels just keep getting better. This novel grabbed me from the very first page to the very last. I loved Sage and Zander. Oh my gosh the chemistry was so good! I loved the dialogue and the banter. I love when a novel can make me laugh out loud, bring me to tears and leave me with a smile on my face and a happy heart. This novel checked all of the boxes for me. I loved it!
Amanda
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What could be better than a broody, damaged guy who isn’t prepared for a woman to knock him off his game! I totally loved every second of this book, Sage is sassy, strong and one of my favourite heroines ever, and whilst I wanted to slap Xander at times, I have a soft spot for alphas who have to redeem themselves! This series just keeps getting better and better!
Ashley
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book from Hope Valley Series by Jessica Prince.

Xander and Sage enemies-friends-lovers, you have to love how they meet both the first and second time and just realize that its going to be a great story!
Michella
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read. I absolutely loved Xander, so alpha and sexy. Sage is strong and sassy! Their chemistry is sizzling from the beginning and their enemies to lovers storyline will grab and hold you from beginning to end. Love this series.
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe