Start by marking “A CAULDRON OF WITCH TRICKS (CALAMITY CORNERS #5)” as Want to Read:
A CAULDRON OF WITCH TRICKS (CALAMITY CORNERS #5)

A CAULDRON OF WITCH TRICKS (CALAMITY CORNERS #5)

Nosy butt Blake Simmons has the dirt on almost everyone in town. He knows about Nann's witchcraft, Zinnia's time of the month (full moon that is), and Tink's Spock ears. He's also wanting Founder's House, Nann's home place. So when he ends up dead, Nann is at the top of the suspect list.

Deputy Keith, Nann's almost main squeeze, doesn't think she's guilty, but most of the
ebook
Published November 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about A CAULDRON OF WITCH TRICKS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A CAULDRON OF WITCH TRICKS

Start your review of A CAULDRON OF WITCH TRICKS (CALAMITY CORNERS #5)
Emily Pennington
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Blake Simmons wants to get his hands on Founder's House, the home of Nancy Ann Szymanski (“Nann”), any way that he can. His latest attempt was through blackmail, threatening to report Nann for tax fraud since she was given tax breaks for her historic home which isn’t actually “historical”. The true Founder’s House is a tiny log cabin – still on the property as a garden shed -- but not the Victorian she lives in! She could be forced to pay all the deductions back at a cost of $180,000. He ...more
Aimee Bower
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nann is enjoying at her store with her friends, when Blake Simmons comes to try to blackmail here again. He is going to try to get her home by trying to use IRS instead. Blake gives her a week to decide what she will do. Nann is upset by what he is doing, tries her lawyer. Of course he isn't around. She decides to talk with Keith the next day about it. She goes homes to relax.
Keith to tell her that Blake Simmons is dead, that he was murdered. He called the cops and the cops had to break into his
Carol
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Smarmy, manipulative, blackmailing Blake Simmons tries to force Nann to sell her house yet again, this was the last straw. Blake had managed to find some sort of loophole that will cost Nann enormous back taxes which will mean that she will no longer be able to afford to keep her house and when her friends Zinna and Tink come to Nann's aid, Blake threatens to tell the world that they were magical creatures. But this time, Blake had push someone too far and he got his comeuppance - and ended ...more
Molly
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evil Blake, who was behind a land grab scam with some buddies in the past, is back with new efforts- including blackmail.
He seems to have an uncanny amount of magical info and other skeletons on many town members.

Another money grab and anti-magic effort - you would think that area power mongers would tire of those sorts of assaults. Not so much.

Nann manages to eventually put together the clues to resolve the situation, save her house, pig and friends, and tee up the info on the murder for
Disney14604
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc, books
Nann's (yes correct spelling!!!) house is being threatened again. The person threatening her is murdered in a locked room. Nann is number one suspect. Now she is being ostracized as a result. She wants to help solve the locked room mystery but can't because she is the main suspect.

Something is making her sick. She needs to figure out what it is and why. That leads her learn things about people, herself, and the town she lives in. And guess what?......

I love this story because it takes place in
Penny Hickman
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blake Simmons wants Nann's house and will do anything to get it, including blackmail. He ends up dead and all fingers point to Nann as the murderer. Her boyfriend Deputy Keith Schwenk doesn't believe she did it, but they can't date anymore until Nann is cleared. This was a fun book, lots of great characters, I especially loved the talking pig. These are my kind of books, mystery, murder, paranormal, romance all rolled into one. So many of these books start to sound the same, but this has some ...more
sherri jones-teachout
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Nann and her two friends. Nann is a druid. But she doesn’t use her magic to get ahead. She is smart, and won’t back down. When she is the main suspect in a murder she and her two friends solve it. Her friends are funny, and I especially like her talking pot belly pig. We really get to know more about the people in the town, both the good and the devious. Many plots have been put together to take away Nann‘s house, but hopefully no more. I received a free copy of this book via ...more
Alicia Hart
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bored

I I my read halfway through because I was bored with the. Narrative portion of the story it was to long. Skipped right to eighteen and felt better about the ending, didn't feel like I missed much because I already figured it out as soon I I heard the one person. Description and attitude. Sorry, it's what happens when I read mysteries and it seems.all.these books are giving the same suspense and criminals obvious personalities. Good series though waited a long time for this one but a little
Barbara Hackel
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Nann is accused of murder. you know a few things to be true. 1. She didn't do it. 2. Nann, Tink, and Zinnia will figure out who really murdered Blake Simmons. 3. This is gonna be fun! And you would be right on all points. Combine a Druid, a Fae, an alligator and a talking pig, and the result is a delightful adventure of the magical type that is hard to put down. This series is so much fun and keeps me wanting more!
ps. The author even solved a mystery from the first book! I didn't see that
Katie  Cunningham
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a fun series! A Druid, Fae, WereAlligator and talking pig familiar take on magical high crimes and misdemeanors in Calamity Corners and Port Argent, two very different towns right next to each other. This time Nann is again on the suspect list and she and her friends must solve a non-magical locked door murder to prove her innocence, but you know they're definitely up for it.

JodiandDan Sands-Sweet
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s not fair! Nann, with 2 n’s (I still love that), is accused of murder again! Sure, she has motive, but still, she’s innocent! Everyone should know that by now. Good thing she has such great friends and her talking pig to help her clear her name. I love this series. It’s always so much fun!

Pat Eroh
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun cozy mystery with fabulous witchy characters. I love Nann and her cohorts. This book is well-written with plenty of twists to keep me guessing to the end. I am looking forward to the next book in this series.

Lucrecia Tolbert
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book cleared up tied up some loose strings from the very first book through this newest edition. Before reading this book, it would help if the other books had been read in order to understand the plot lines and the characters.

Janet Graham
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Mystery – Cozy, Paranormal, Humorous
This fun story is part of the Calamity Corners Cozy Witch mystery Series. I think that it stands alone well, but I have read the whole series and may not be the best judge. It is funny with a great plot with perfect execution. The final reveal was a good surprise. I received this ARC book for free from Booksprouts and this is my honest review.
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Cauldron of Witch Tricks by Constance Barker is an amazing story that I have read. This is book number five in this amazing series that I have loved reading very much. I highly recommned this story to everyone who loves reading about cozy mysteries.

Elvira
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found myself hooked from the beginning. The characters are well developed and engaging. The storyline is well written and kept my attention from beginning to the end.

Phthon
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a complicated and tricky case for Nann! I really enjoyed all the twists. Nann has really grown with her abilities and I really love the way her mind works. I look forward to reading about her future capers!
Betty Myers
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book especially when I can relate to the surroundings. I know when Constance writes about Tops, Oswego, Lake Ontario, and Rte 104. It's a funny and entertaining cozy for upstaters like me!
Guenevere Garrity
Another excellent story!

This was a really cool locked room mystery! I love how things work in Calamity Corners! Nann, Tink, and Zinnia are way to funny together and I really can't wait for Nann and Keith to take the next steps in their relationship. An excellent story!
Evonne Hutton
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A witchy story with a difference! An enemy gets murdered in a locked room.
A Druid stands accused. The murdered man spoke her name in a call to the police station.
Will her pig help her?

JANE VAN HORN
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: barker-constance
I was given an advanced copy of this book for an honest review. I love this series. Nann and friends are up to it again and help solve another murder with her at a suspect.
Loraina Snowden
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Calamity Corners witch cozy #5

A pretty good read and the characters are fun. I love Pokey the pig, he is funny with his Little Debby cakes obsession.
Liza Paolini
Nov 18, 2019
Michelle
Nov 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Witchin' Around The Clock (Wicked Witches Of The Midwest, #15)
  • Broom and Gloom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 8)
  • Cloaks and Daggers (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Magical Dames and Dating Games (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #3)
  • Cold as a Witch's Toffee (Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • WICKED DECISIONS (AN IVY MORGAN MYSTERY #15)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • ELVES' BELLS: AN EASTWIND WITCHES COZY (TRUE & BLOOM #2)
  • Broom and Board (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 7)
  • Southern Wishes (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #14)
  • The Case of the Fire Spell (Hillcrest Witch Mysteries #11)
  • Only The Lost (Death Gate Grim Reapers Thriller, #3)
  • Flea Market Magic (Southern Relics Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • Witches & Words (Library Witch Mystery #4)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)
  • WITCH ON A MISSION (BLAIR WILKES #8)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar Book 1)