Start by marking “Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)” as Want to Read:
Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)

Network Effect

(The Murderbot Diaries #5)

Murderbot returns in its highly-anticipated, first, full-length standalone novel.

You know that feeling when you’re at work, and you’ve had enough of people, and then the boss walks in with yet another job that needs to be done right this second or the world will end, but all you want to do is go home and binge your favorite shows? And you're a sentient murder machine
Expected publication: May 5th 2020 by Tor.com

To ask other readers questions about Network Effect, please sign up.
Caton Exit Strategy was a thrilling conclusion to the series of four Murderbot novellas.

You'll find that on Martha Wells' Goodreads Author page, she…more

You'll find that on Martha Wells' Goodreads Author page, she explicitly states, "I'm currently working on a Murderbot novel, which should come out in 2020."(less)

Start your review of Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction, arc
Update: 4.5 stars - it was great! The only thing better than a Murderbot novella is a full Murderbot novel ... with ART (the Asshole Research Transport) in it. Review to come! Cheers!! I'm sorry most of my Murderbot-loving GR friends have to wait until May 2020 to get this, but I promise it's worth the wait.

Initial post: A copy of the ARC of this book landed on my doorstep today!! I literally gasped in delight. What a fantastic surprise! Thank you Tor!!

THERE CAN NEVER BE ENOUGH MURDERBOT IN MY
Ashley
Jul 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
MURDERBOT NOVEL. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
Mimi
There's gonna be a full-length novel coming out... *checks calendar*... in 2020. That's actually very optimistic of Tor, assuming that we're gonna make it to 2020. But I'm excited (for the book).

Announcement:

Cover reveal and excerpt:
D.G.
Apr 04, 2019 marked it as wishlist
While I wait for this book release, I’ll be watching “Rise and Fall of Sanctuary Moon.”
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I am... how do you say............ shook
The Captain
Nov 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
I was denied a copy of network effect on Edelweiss! Why oh why? I be devastated. I neeed more Murderbot! I LOVE MURDERBOT!!! I be so sad that I want to toss meself overboard. But then I would never get more Murderbot! May 5, 2020 cannot come soon enough. Arrrrr!
Sana
Jul 16, 2018 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts  ·  review of another edition
You know that feeling when you're at work, and you've had enough of people, and then the boss walks in with yet another job that needs to be done right this second or the world will end, but all you want to do is go home and binge your favorite shows? And you're a sentient murder machine programmed for destruction? Congratulations, you're Murderbot.

Come for the pew-pew space battles, stay for the most relatable A.I. you'll read this century.

I'm usually alone in my head, and that's where 90 plus
Elliot
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer-lit, sci-fi
What can I say about Murderbot that hasn’t been said already? This series is quite possibly one of the best things being published in the science fiction genre right now. Who would have guessed that a Murderbot would be one of the most relatable and human characters I’ve read in years? This is good crunchy sci-fi except it also has lots of heart and humor.

I don't want to give anything away so I'll be very brief. This is the content you've come to expect and love from the novellas, except more
William
Nov 01, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rejected
Vastly overpriced, insanely overpriced, obscenely overpriced.

I loved the first book, but refuse to be robbed for the others, especially with mediocre reviews. Ms Wells should calm down and realise that fair pricing will make her more money in the long run.
Nafeeza
352 pages of Murderbot?! Is it 2020 yet?
keikii Eats Books
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yup. That's a Murderbot. Fans of the series aren't going to be disappointed at all. I have so, so many quotes saved, this is just endlessly quotable. I loved everything. Longer review to come much, much closer to release. (Like closer than 7 months before.)

I receivedthis book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Martha Wells, Tor.com, and Edelweiss for providing the opportunity to review this copy.

To read more reviews, check out my blog keikii eats books!
Evy
Dec 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
A FULL-LENGTH MURDERBOT NOVEL, YES PLEASE !!!!!
Faith Hicks
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE STARS. Funny, kind, heartfelt and a banger of an action scifi story. I love Murderbot!
Marzie
Mar 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
We have title!!! Can not wait to continue reading about Murderbot’s adventures!
Amy
Sep 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
All I can say is (King) Kevin R. Free better come back for the audiobook dammit.
Catie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a way to start off 2020! This is definitely my favorite of the series. No spoilers - all I'll say is Murderbot + ART 4EVA. ...more
David Levin
Feb 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Oh my god, I love these books. Read all five in about 10 days. Can't wait for another. Best part, my 13 year old son loves them, too. First time we've enjoyed a book at the same time.

Okay, I'm confused. Thought there were five of them. Guess there are just 4. Haven't read this one yet! :-)
Melissa Campbell
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s already my favourite.
Erin Boyington
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I have often wished to be human. I study people carefully, in order to more closely approximate human behavior." – Data, Star Trek: Enterprise

"I had been running possible scenarios, partly to drown out the sound of humans making stupid suggestions. (Not that I don’t like that sound; it’s sort of comforting and familiar, in an annoying way.)" – Murderbot, Exit Strategy

I had so many questions before I started reading.

Will Murderbot find a new series to rival The Rise and Fall of Sanctuary Moon?
April
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, libraryreads, arc
I received this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Martha Wells, Tor.com, and Edelweiss for providing the opportunity to review this copy.

I loved the other Murderbot books, and while a full-length novel sounded great, I wasn't sure how it would work outside of the "humans get into trouble and Murderbot has to save them" plot. Turns out it was even better! Given time to develop characters, the peril was more suspenseful.

One of my favorite characters was back too,
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
And we officially have a pre-order and a release date??! Done and done!
Megan
From deep within a pile of warm, fuzzy feeling, with a full heart, you can just hear, under the sound of my quiet tears, my voice, thick with emotion and inexplicable joy: I love Murderbot so much.

And so do its humans.

And that matters so much to me.

With all of the action, adventure, humor, and heart you've come to expect from Muderbot, NETWORK EFFECT is the perfect continuation of this series. There's an intensity to these stories that resolves in such satisfying ways--my heart is always full
Adri Joy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well this was another magnificent slice of Murderbot, with some very fun group character dynamics that got to shine much more at this length. Definitely one to be enjoyed AFTER the novellas, if you can.
Pamela Shropshire
Nov 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
I PRE-ORDERED!!! I can’t wait until May 2020!
Victoria
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Murderbot and I am soo happy to have gotten an ARC months before release!

Obviously this book is amazing as was all 4 previous stories but just in case someone is having doubts about getting book 5 or is looking ahead to see if the series stays strong..........

Murderbot is taking care of Dr. Mensah's fam on a mission and Art abducts Murderbot because of aliens and Art's crew have been taken. Obviously Art thinks highly of his crew and can't have that happen. We meet new friends and leave
Silverin
Exciting news!
Jennybeast
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn, I really didn't know if the full novel version of murderbot would live up to the other adventures (because I am pessimistic that way). So wrong! It was everything I could hope for -- nonstop adventure, wry, sarcastic commentary, AIs throwing shade at each other, teens in the crew, new worlds, more horrible corporate behavior, and... aliens, or at least alien tech. I'm going to go with calling this one of the best things I read in 2019, because if it's my favorite read of 2020 and it's ...more
Steve Mullis
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**NO SPOILERS**

Amazing. Fun. Human (yes!). If you've liked all of the Murderbot stories so far, you'll love Network Effect. It is everything the previous books have been and more (and longer).

Martha Wells again does an incredible job of blending humor and action and classic science fiction tropes, though slightly turned on its edge. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll keep this short and just repeat that if you're a fan of the previous books, this one will not disappoint.

Get it!
MAB  LongBeach
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first novel-length work in the Murderbot series is a lot of fun, as well as thought-provoking. The self-named rogue cyborg SecUnit is now working for Dr. Mensah's family on an exploration team. After they are attacked, it and Dr. Mensah's daughter wind up on Murderbot's old frenemy ART, whose exploration crew has been taken over by a very strange group of people. Complications ensue.

Readers of the previous novellas will be eager to dive right in, and should be well-pleased. But even
Lisa Wright
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a blast! A rogue SecUnit (AKA Murderbot) is trying to keep its humans safe which, humans being stupid and refusing to obey its commands, is not easy. All it really wants to do is watch media, the less realistic the better. Between the constant action and the wit you almost don't notice the heart and soul of this series. I am totally psyched that there are four Murderbot Diaries preceding this one. Yay!
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Wells - Network Effect [May 12, 2020] 13 16 Jan 10, 2020 08:23PM
New Murderbots discussion group! 1 20 Sep 17, 2018 08:58AM

• The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water
  • Interference (Semiosis Duology, #2)
  • Vigilance
  • Salvation Lost
  • Catfishing on CatNet
  • Death in Her Hands
  • The City in the Middle of the Night
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • The Case of the Spellbound Child (Elemental Masters, #14)
  • Mobituaries: Great Lives Worth Reliving
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Accepting the Lance (Liaden Universe, #22)
  • The Glass Hotel
  • The Luminous Dead
  • The Women Who Caught The Babies: A Story of African American Midwives
  • Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #2)
  • Victory of Eagles (Temeraire, #5)
  • The Future of Another Timeline
Martha Wells has written many fantasy novels, including The Books of the Raksura series (beginning with The Cloud Roads), the Ile-Rien series (including The Death of the Necromancer) as well as YA fantasy novels, short stories, media tie-ins (for Star Wars and Stargate: Atlantis), and non-fiction. Her most recent fantasy novel is The Harbors of the Sun in 2017, the final novel in The Books of the ...more

The Murderbot Diaries (5 books)
  • All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1)
  • Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries, #2)
  • Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3)
  • Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4)