Start by marking “Harry Potter : Fières d'être sorcières ! Les filles qui ont marqué l'histoire du Monde des Sorciers” as Want to Read:

D'Hermione Granger à Minerva McGonagall, en passant par Luna Lovegood et Leta Lestrange, les sorcières de la saga «Harry Potter» et des «Animaux fantastiques» sont des héroïnes aussi différentes qu'exceptionnelles ! Qu'elles soient des mentors, des fondatrices, des résistantes, des mères, des inventrices, des criminelles, des meneuses, elles ont toutes marqué le Monde des ...more
Album, 96 pages
Published October 24th 2019 by Gallimard Jeunesse

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harry Potter

Start your review of Harry Potter : Fières d'être sorcières ! Les filles qui ont marqué l'histoire du Monde des Sorciers
Daria Marshall
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute, but didn't really add anything new if you are a fan of the series. However, the artwork is gorgeous and I am happy to add it to my ever-growing Harry Potter collection.
Bookdisturbed
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Calling All Witches! geht es um alle starken Frauen im Harry Potter Universum und um Dolores Umbridge 😂 Warum auch immer 🤷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Und wie bei jedem Begleitbuch findet man auch hier wieder kleine Details und Zusatzinformationen die man noch nicht wusste oder die noch nicht behandelt wurden 🤗 Also alles in allem eine absolute Kaufempfehlung von mir 👌
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been collecting girl role model books lately and was delighted to discover this at my library! The layout is very fun to read and the illustrations are gorgeous. I liked that it included the villains as well, because, really, "villain" is an opinion. ;) I only didn't like two things: 1. There are some movie screenshots for pictures. I would have preferred much more of the gorgeous illustrations. 2. The references were completely movie-based. So they missed all of the goodness that exists on ...more
Daniela
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Le quité una estrella porque sólo se basa en las películas y no en los libros :(
Kaitlyn
The only thing that bothered me was that some of the bios were inaccurate because they were going based on the movies not the books.
Sesana
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I'm not gonna lie, it's kind of weird that WB felt like they needed a piece of that sweet, sweet, collected biographies of women pie. This is laid out exactly like something like Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls or Rad American Women, with short bios and full-page portraits. It's just focused on fictional characters, and entirely using the movie versions. Like I said, weird. On one hand, it was kind of interesting that Calkhoven included villains like Bellatrix. On the other, it's sort of blan ...more
Mandy
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Non-fiction for all ages. This is a beautiful guide to the women of the world of Harry Potter. There are of course pages on Hermione, Ginny, and Luna, but there are also entries on Harry's Quidditch teammates, professors, those in the Order of the Phoenix or Dumbledore's Army. The villains are represented as well, from Nagini, to Bellatrix Lestrange to Narcissa Malfoy. The women from every one of the movies or books is included, even the new Fantastic Beasts movies. A fun book to skim through, q ...more
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun little book that would be cute to add to a Harry Potter collection or display. I was hoping it might give some additional details or insights on the characters, but it’s actually just a quick description of each exactly as they appear in the movies (not even the books). It was still fun to look through— especially with my Harry Potter crazed kiddos. Though my son is indignant that Nagini made the book while Hedwig didn’t. Ha.
NyxShadow
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Trop superficiel. Trop enfantin (oui étonnant, les soeurs Patil se sont battues lors de la bataille de Poudlard même si 3 ans avant, leur soirée de Noël avec Ron et Harry n'était pas génial ! C'est fou...)
Alors ce n'est pas 100 % centré sur les films, mais à 95% quand même.
Mais trop d'approximations ont tués le récit. Je reste trop sur ma faim.

Par exemple, j'aurai aimé avoir plus d'informations sur Mme Maxime ou sur la fille de Rowena Serdaigne.
mytaakeonit
What I love about this book are the beautiful illustrations. What I don’t love is that some of the information is inaccurate according to the HP books. I know it says “from the films” on the cover, but I wish they had chosen examples and quotes that are in BOTH the books and films. I’m picky. I know it. Still happy with my purchase. :)
Lari He
Unfortunately, just a 2* read for me.
I love the illustrations, no doubt about it, they are beautiful, but I was majorly disappointed when I realized that the book only takes the movies into account. It serves its purpuse as a short bind up, but in my opinion it had much more potential than that.
Moriah
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and creative. More prominent witches like Hermione and Luna get several pages, while others get half or one full page or possible only a few sentences. You get to learn Moaning Myrtle's last name, and it provides insight on some of our favorite witches and those we love to hate as well (I am referring to you, Umbridge.) It is a little childish, which they may have been trying to do, though I am not sure. I still recommend. It's fun, it's cute, and it looks good on my bookshelf.
Kate
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I wanted to love this, but I didn't realize the whole thing was based solely off of the movies and not the book. So, some of the information was "inaccurate" to me. Not a bad read for a casual Harry Potter fan, very bleh for me.
Olivia
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a fun little read. Definitely something for all young Wizarding World fans to have in their collection. The artwork was beautifully done. There were several typos, however, which is why I only gave it three.
Emily S.
Could have used one more round of editing. Perhaps it’s a small thing, but one really should check the spelling on Voldemort before publishing...
Lindsay
(I’ll be honest - I skipped the Fantastic Beasts section) ☺ ...more
Suzanne
Found a typo on page 76
Stephanie Sarac
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must for Harry Potter fans, especially female fans. Highlighting all of the women who made the series what it is was so amazing. The artwork is also incredible!
Stephanie
A beautifully illustrated guide to all the women of the Wizarding World.
Kathy Lautenschlager
This was a synopsis of the women from the Harry Potter movies and the Fantastic Beasts movies. I was pleased to see the author included the villians as well as the heroines. She also included some of the lesser remembered women. It was an interesting but quick read. Thank you Laurie Calkhoven.
Lisa D
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Krista
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feminism, library
4 stars is my daughters rating! Such a fun book.
Ashley
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book
hollyisodd
There were several spelling mistakes in this book. They repeated a lot of information and also got some quotes wrong or information wrong... However the illustrations are beautiful so if it's really cheap I'd recommend just for them.
jessica
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! Art is amazing! Super cute.
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book! It truly shows the power of women in The Wizarding World. Although I love the way this book details each female character I wish it showed more of the characters as they appeared in the books. I know this is solely based on the movies but there was so many female characters from the books that didn't get recognition. Still a great book for girls who are just starting their love for The Wizarding World.
Tania
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very cute compilation of heroines and the villains they dealt with 💫
Valleri
Every page radiates positivity, empowerment, and wonder. This is a fantastic companion to the original Harry Potter series as well as the Fantastic Beasts series.
Lyndsay
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute book! My only complaint is it’s very movie centered. But I loved the illustrations and I’m happy to have this as a part of my Harry Potter collection
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Harry Potter: A Journey Through Potions and Herbology (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #2)
  • J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Movie Magic Volume One: Extraordinary People and Fascinating Places
  • Marvel Powers of a Girl
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Harry Potter: Film Vault: Volume 1: Forest, Lake, and Sky Creatures
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #1)
  • White Bird
  • Under The Moon: A Catwoman Tale
  • Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #4)
  • Mexican Ice Cream: Beloved Recipes and Stories
  • The World’s Worst Teachers
  • Finding Christmas
  • Steamed Open (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #7)
  • I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (I Survived, #17)
  • Stowed Away (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #6)
  • Iced Under (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #5)
  • You Are My Friend: The Story of Mister Rogers and His Neighborhood
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)