Start by marking “Unwrapping Hope (Widow's Might #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Unwrapping Hope (Widow's Might #0.5)

Unwrapping Hope

(Widow's Might 0.5)

She chose the wrong man once. Can she trust her instincts now?

Phoebe Crain, an accomplished pianist, lives in near poverty to protect her five-year-old daughter from scandal. When Phoebe receives a handcrafted cigar box by mistake, her desperation to give the child something special for Christmas drives her to suggest a trade with Spence Newland, a man she view
Published October 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Unwrapping Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unwrapping Hope

Start your review of Unwrapping Hope (Widow's Might #0.5)
Deanne Patterson
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story that will restore your belief in the goodness of mankind.
A young woman barely scrapes by supporting her mother and daughter.
Due to her circumstances she is forced to take a job that she got off on the wrong foot with the owner of the business.
She trusted a man in the past and lost, is there a way she can have her faith in men restored?
Delivering scarves to children that need them, she is part of a group of widowed ladies calling themselves, Widow's Might
Dawn Kinzer
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unwrapping Hope by Sandra Ardoin

When single mother, Phoebe Crain, strives to fulfill her daughter’s hope of receiving a dollhouse for Christmas, her desire leads to life-changing events. Phoebe, wanting to protect little Maura from the truth about her father, also keeps a secret about her own identity. But, she’s willing to share her special talent and risk exposure in order to give her daughter the gift she wants so much.

Spencer Newland is desperate to help his family’s
Paula Shreckhise
Unwrapping Hope by Sandra Ardoin is a heartwarming tale that sees a couple of adults changing their priorities in part because of a little child.
Pheobe Crain lives with her mother and her five year old daughter, Maura. She wants the best for her daughter and that means hiding her past.
Spencer Newland III manages a large, family owned department store in Riverport, a midwestern town.
Pheobe is wary of men because of a previous bad experience. She participates in a charity group called Widows Mi
Betty
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not your typical cookie-cutter Christmas tale!
The main character, Phoebe Crain, lives under a dark cloud of pain and mystery. Even the reader doesn't know her past until it surfaces near the end. Phoebe is flawed, strong as she casts her pride to the wind in order to make Christmas special for her daughter.
I enjoy reading a story that brings a character’s deepest flaws to the surface but doesn't necessarily heal the flaws or even make them go away. A well-told story shows its
Gail Johnson
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phoebe Crain wishes to remain in the shadows to keep her shameful secrets hidden. But when a lack of funds forces her to accept Spence Newland's job offer, she must find the courage to face her past and live in the light for the sake of her daughter.

Spence Newland wishes to expand his business. To do that, he needs money. When a gift for a potential investor is given to the wrong person, Spence must retrieve the parcel before time runs out.

Ardoin drew me in with breadcrum
Melissa Henderson
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of learning to trust again. A child and a gift play important roles in changing the lives of the characters. This is a sweet story. I will read this one again and again. I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required.
Joan
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this heart warming novella. I was surprised at how well the characters were developed. I found both the lead characters to be engaging. I could identify with Phoebe, soured on men because of a very bad experience. Her cynical attitude was justified. Trusting a man again was something she never planned to do again. And I could sympathize with Spencer. Owning and managing a business produces pressure and I was impressed Spencer could maintain an gentle attitude most of the tim ...more
Brittany
This charming and heartwarming novella opens at the start of the Christmas season. I liked the two main characters, Phoebe and Spence, and enjoyed watching as they moved past the preconceived notions each had for the other.

The story moved at a good pace and I had plenty of time to get to know the characters and care about what happened to them. I felt uplifted by the end of the story and hopeful that the future held good things for Phoebe and Spence. I would have loved this novella t
Kailey
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a heartwarming story about forgiveness. I love how this story showed that there is still some good in mankind. I also enjoyed the little bit of Christmas in this story!

I was given a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, but was not required to write a review. The thoughts and comments are my own.
Jennifer Hallmark
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unwrapping Hope by Sandra Ardoin is a great Christmas story of hope and second chances. I loved all her characters and the way they interacted. The plot is well-thought-out and the story made me smile. I'd recommend it...
Heidi Chiavaroli
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Touching historical romance novella prequel! Thoroughly enjoyable. Though not officially a Christmas story, great for the upcoming holidays.
Betsy
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this heartwarming novella of love, redemption, and second chances, Sandra Ardoin has put together a complete and neatly packaged story with believable characters, a blossoming romance, and strong inspirational messages. The very satisfying conclusion culminating at Christmas could leave the reader in the holiday spirit, sipping hot chocolate while contemplating the concepts of forgiveness and trust developed throughout the story. Looking forward to reading more by this author. Put this one on ...more
Janet Sketchley
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, christmas
In the fall of 1986, Phoebe Crain supports her mother and her 5-year-old daughter on her scant earnings as a small-town piano tutor. It’s a long way from the concert stage, but it lets her hide from a past that’s left her bitter.

Spence Newland the Third, owner of the local department store, represents everything she’s come to despise and distrust—or does he? Her daughter, Maura, discovers his kindness.

In this historical romance, Phoebe and Spence each have past hurts that threaten t
Robbie
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sandra Ardoin’s newest novella, Unwrapping Hope, introduces us to Phoebe Crain, her 5-year-old daughter Maura and Spence Newland.

Phoebe’s mantra could easily be “once bitten, twice shy.” She was deceived and mislead by a smooth-talking rich man. When she feels she’s being pursued by Spence Newland, she goes to extraordinary measures to remain aloof and sometimes even rude.

I can relate to Phoebe’s hesitance where Spence is concerned. She’s hurt and bewildered by her previo
Julia
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unwrapping Hope by Sandra Ardoin is the most charming Christian historical novella.
The story has the theme of fathers. Our earthly fathers may let us down but there is our faithful heavenly Father who longs for us to come to Him and rest in Him.
Linked to this is the theme of taking care of the widows and orphans. Within the novel characters with huge hearts care for those who have less. The reader is reminded that there are no orphans in God’s kingdom as He adopts us all into His fam
Melissa
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic novella! I absolutely loved this story. In Unwrapping Hope Phoebe has a difficult past that makes her wary of rich, powerful men. Spence owns the local department store and therefore Phoebe is quite cautious around him. When they begin to work together they form a friendship, but Phoebe keeps him at arms length. I really loved how this story develops and it reads nothing like a novella. It is full and delightful! It's also the prequel to the Widow's Might series. I'm immensely l ...more
Sandra
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as books-by-sandra  ·  (Review from the author)
Dora Hiers
Sep 26, 2019
Bev Taylor
Oct 04, 2019
Oct 05, 2019

• Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Fall Flip
  • Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)
  • The Red Journal
  • The Hope of Christmas Past
  • Like a Winter Snow (Port Willis)
  • Lessons on Love: 4 Schoolteachers Find More Than They Bargained for in Their Contracts
  • Up from the Sea (Whose Waves These Are, #0.5)
  • Silent Night Suspect
  • Whose Waves These Are (Whose Waves These Are, #1)
  • Christmas in Winter Hill
  • The Cowboys
  • Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)
  • Always (The Lost Princesses, #0.5)
Sandra Ardoin engages readers with page-turning stories of love and faith. Rarely out of reach of a book, she's also an armchair sports enthusiast, country music listener, and seldom says no to eating out.

Visit her at www.sandraardoin.com. Subscribe to receive updates and specials. Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, and BookBub.