Start by marking “Happy & You Know It” as Want to Read:
Happy & You Know It

Happy & You Know It

A dark, witty page-turner set around a group of wealthy mothers and the young musician who takes a job singing to their babies and finds herself pulled into their glamorous lives and dangerous secrets….

After her former band shot to superstardom without her, Claire reluctantly agrees to a gig as a playgroup musician for overprivileged infants on New York’s Park Avenue.
Expected publication: May 19th 2020 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Happy & You Know It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy & You Know It

Start your review of Happy & You Know It
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Welcome to the universe of “Super powered trust fund Manhattan penthouse moms”! They can’t be defined as regular stay-at-home moms. They are full of energy with their shiny, beautiful hairs, wearing their designer clothes (especially blouses) or casually Lululemon yoga pants, drinking wines, already lost their pregnancy weights, running around from different activities to another social gatherings.
Now they created a play group for their children but instead of their babies, they all play no
Theresa Alan
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a WONDERFUL novel. For the first part of it, I couldn’t figure out why I was turning the pages too fast to take notes, which I usually do when there are this many characters involved. There’s Claire, who was unceremoniously dumped by her band for another singer who was curvier and sexier, which would have been rough on its own, but what’s worse is that shortly after they made the change, they catapulted to fame and have the number one song in the country, while she’s taking on ...more
TL
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this via goodreads giveaways ,thanks! All my opinions are my own.
*****

(Couldn't resist haha.. wish I could make cute gifs sometimes)

Ended liking this one more than I thought I would :)

Sometimes I was snorting and rolling my eyes at some of the things the ladies did but not in a "took away from the story" type of of way. Kind of like hanging out with friends who do some crazy things and you roll your eyes but don't say anything (most of the time... my closest friends can read my face
Tucker
Oct 19, 2019 marked it as arcs-to-read
Recommended to Tucker by: Berkley Publishing Group

Many thanks to Elisha at Berkley Publishing Group for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Reddit | LinkedIn |
Meghan
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

My first take on this book was thinking that it was going to take a different direction but this book did a complete 180 that surprised me in the best possible way. Happy and You Know It reflects on the life of Claire, a former musician and band member turned playgroup musician befriending a group of wealthy, fitness junky mothers.
Donna Hines
Motherhood, over privileged newborns, social media influencers.. it's all here.
You know the labels, the way women are viewed, and held to a higher standard of perfection? It's about time we acknowledge it all..
As women, we are constantly down on ourselves and afraid to seek what we need for fear of being told,"No" or worse that we are selfish and undeserving of such accolades. Powerful women are something to be feared not celebrated in the current culture.
I love the characters in this one as
Cathi - LovesBooksMore
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elite Mommy Playgroup of NYC ...
This was my life for 10 years when my girls were little- well minus the dripping diamonds, penthouses, social media sensations and tiny waistlines!

Six woman gather twice weekly with their babies for playground and friend therapy, so why not have live musical entertainment?

Despite their ridiculous wealth and gorgeous families, these woman have similar experiences, relationships and emotional roller coasters of lives of a new mom. They are willing to try anything
Kathleen
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A razor-sharp dissection of the perils of upper-income motherhood.
Shari
Nov 27, 2019 added it
Shelves: giveaways
I won a paperback copy of this book through a Goodreads giveaway sponsored by the publisher. Thank you Berkley Publishing.

I love the cover of this book. It just makes me happy to look at it.

Claire lost her place as lead singer in a band that hits the big time after she's no longer with them. She gets a job singing for a baby playgroup for wealthy mommy's. However it's not exactly as it seems. Each mommy has her own problems in life. Claire becomes close to a couple of the ladies and meets them
Derek Moore
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laura Hankin introduces the reader to Claire a young musician songwriter who gets let go by her band members. The band is suddenly successful; but without her. Desperate for money she accepts a job as a musician for a play group of very privileged infants who just happen to live on Park Avenue. She begins to bond with these wealthy mothers and uncovers some secrets. We are then taken through secret trysts, betrayals, addiction and much more. I could not put the book down. I really enjoyed this ...more
Patricia Zashkoff
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a surprising story about an aspiring singer-songwriter, named Claire, who takes a job singing for a group of wealthy toddlers living on the east side of Manhattan. These mommies have everything, wealth, breeding and fantastic husbands, or so it seems. Claire becomes a friend of sorts and gets invited to sing at birthday parties and to go on a trip to a spa with all the women. Claire thinks of herself as a mess and can't believe these women have it all together, or do they. The story ...more
Chris Markley
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A down on her luck musician finds a job as a playgroup musician (who knew this was a thing?!) for a group of wealthy New York City playgroup. The unofficial 'leader' of the playgroup and her 'perfect' life has taken Momstagram by storm and the playgroup gets to try a variety of products to enhance the Mom experience. In this world of wealth and privilege all is not what it seems. Will the playgroup survive?

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an ARC for my honest review.
Sally Stieglitz
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A surprisingly compelling story that gets in its own way as focus shifts unevenly from character to character. An unfortunate heavy hand with the cliches (more colors than a box of crayons), but a strong through line that keeps you hooked. The kind of book that makes you want to discuss it with girlfriends after reading!
Ashley
*I won this ARC book as a Goodreads Giveaway

If you are a mom and don't mind a few curse words and sex scenes, this book is a MUST READ! Hands down the best book I've read in 2019, even though it's not available until Summer 2020. I laughed, cried and could not put it down.

Would love to see this made into a motion picture!
Ema
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
My biggest issue with this book was that Vagabond's name sounds a lot like Vagabon and Laetitia's music is nothing like anything described in the fictional world!

This had a few plot elements that felt random, but was so much fun to read. Excellent characters and some fun commentary on Momstagramming. I'm sad there wasn't as much music as I'd hoped though.
Sarah Trohoske
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! The storyline was unexpected, and kept you turning the pages. I enjoyed the complexity of the characters relationships, and watching them evolve. I will definitely recommend this book.
Stephanie Wrobel
Imagine if your hilarious best friend told you a really juicy story about a gaggle of rich new mothers while also delivering a sharp commentary about the expectations put on women. This is that book. Put it on your list, kids!

Tasha Seegmiller
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this is an unexpected book. I was intrigued by the premise and got pulled in deep and fast. When it started, I thought this was going to be a friendship drama, and then it twisted in a delightful way.
Brie
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads contest.

It is such a fun read! The perfect blend of snark and chicklit. Great fleshed out characters. Really engaging storyline. I recommend this book. Get it on your "to read" list for when it comes out.
Csimplot Simplot
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVEDD IT!!!!!!!!
Christina
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is like Nine Perfect Strangers meets The Nanny Diaries--an entertaining, quick read.
Mary

• The Return
  • The Girl in White Gloves
  • Wife After Wife
  • The Antidote for Everything
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)