Start by marking “El rey malvado (Los habitantes del aire, #2)” as Want to Read:
El rey malvado (Los habitantes del aire, #2)

El rey malvado

(The Folk of the Air #2)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  66,890 ratings  ·  11,906 reviews
Tras descubrir que Oak es el legítimo heredero de Faerie, Jude hará lo posible por mantener a su hermano pequeño a salvo. Para ello, se ha convertido en el poder a la sombra del reinado de Cardan. Sin embargo, Cardan hace todo lo posible por humillarla y menospreciarla a pesar de que su fascinación por ella sigue intacta. Cuando es más que evidente para Jude que alguien ce ...more
Expected publication: November 25th 2019 by Hidra (first published January 8th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about El rey malvado, please sign up.
Céline and knowing the fact that some people can already read it!!! NOT FAIR!
Pirl between finishing the first draft and the final draft there are often dozens of revisions. sometimes whole characters are removed (this happened in…morebetween finishing the first draft and the final draft there are often dozens of revisions. sometimes whole characters are removed (this happened in hp4) or added, sometimes whole plotlines are moved from one book to another, and smaller edits also happen, sensitivity readers get the chance to read it, then an arc (advance reader's copy) is sent out, and based on the arc's reception and sensitivity reader's reviews, more things chance. then, they go over it a couple more times to make sure that there are no typos or grammar mistakes. and then, there's technical stuff, like placement on page and graphic design (which is more complicated than you might think), discussing distribution with bookvendors, and actually printing the book. this all can easily take six months, sometimes even more.(less)

·  66,890 ratings  ·  11,906 reviews

Start your review of El rey malvado (Los habitantes del aire, #2)
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Dear Holly Black,

First of all, how dare you?

Second of all, you are NOT supposed to go around stabbing people in the heart. That is illegal. This is illegal. Please stop writing illegal stuff.

This book has made a great mess of my life. I keep thinking back to when I first read The Cruel Prince and how I was completely unaware of just how much this story would mean to me. My tiny human body isn’t even big enough to hold all the love that’s inside. I could fit a five bedroo/>This
Melanie

1.) The Cruel Prince ★★★★★
1.5) The Lost Sisters ★★★★★

“Once upon a time, there was a human girl stolen away by faeries, and because of that, she swore to destroy them.”

Many of you might not know this but on this day many years ago, Holly Black’s biggest fan was born. Spoiler: it’s me! And I figured what better way to celebrate my birthday than to finally post my review for my favorite book of the year! I read this back in May, and it doesn’t come out until January, but celebrating my love for this book and series on my birth★★★★★
Miranda Reads
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
description

Just a quick note - I got my copy from Owl Crate - this company had a wonderful monthly book subscription box along with a few special editions that I just cannot pass up!

This was everything I hoped it could be, and more.

Jude, a human raised in Faerieland, spent her entire life undermined and controlled by the often cruel whims of the Faeries.

She's hated and feared the creatures for years. She's cowered and fledup!
This
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
"I want to tell you so many lies."

A billion spiteful stars.

Everything hurts, and no, I'm not okay. Holly is a delightfully cruel author and I love and hate her for it. It's very confusing. I'm not sure I can write this review as a 'sane' person but I'll try. Disclosure: spoilers for the first book, but not for this one!

"Your ridiculous family might be surprised to find that not everything is solved b
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Emily May
Update Jan 8, 2019: It's here!
Power is so much easier to acquire than it is to hold on to.

So I'm officially ADDICTED.

I can't say for sure what makes a good fantasy book for other people but, for me, these books are like crack. I'm like Fever series-level addicted right now and I don't know how I can possibly wait for book three.

Also: Cardan is evil and terrible and I am in love with him. I wish I was sorry.

This book got me so good. The banter and sexual tension between Jude and Cardan had me on the edg/>
This/> ...more
Emma Giordano
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This sequel was SPECTACULAR! I think I enjoyed it even more than book one!

CW: violence, murder, death, torture

Holly Black has done it again. She’s revered as the “Queen of Faeries” for a reason – the dark folklore behind the world she has created has the power to disturb you and also enchant you. I’ve reach much of her work, but The Wicked King impressed me in a new way. Holly’s prose is so delicate yet forceful. I was captivated throughout the entire novel by her writi
Victoria Aveyard
At this point, I don’t know why the rest of us even try. I think I’m going to go into a coma until QUEEN OF NOTHING.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
someone: why do you like this book
me, deep in an elaborate fantasy sequence in which Jude forces me onto a throne for her own selfish gain and is an ambitious bitch to me and treats me like shit but we have a lot of sexual tension (view spoiler): uhhhhh well I just really like the plot twists

Okay but for real. I already talked a lot about why I loved The Cruel Prince, so I guess/>me,
Lola
Looks like you’ve got some real competition, Sarah J. Maas. If you want to stay in the lead, I would up my game if I were you.

Holly Black sure has.

The stakes are higher. The game deadlier. The enemies hungrier. Jude fiercer. She was once deeply betrayed, but instead of destroying her, her past has sculpted her into a new, improved girl.

A lethal one.

If you thought you knew everything, saw everything and heard everything about the Faerie world, you are about to
• Lindsey Dahling •

Me, during 1% of the book (if you’ve read it, YOU KNOW WHICH PART):
F532920F-791F-40F4-86C0-74B079007C4E

Me, closing the back cover, lying to myself:
845ED06D-8CA0-4AA4-A991-6DD6722FE6FC

Me, explaining to a therapist how I’ll be just fine as soon as Holly Black releases this hold she has on me:
A9A0887A-0B66-401B-8D34-BAB00EEDC3D4
C.G. Drews
[Read 2] Oct 2019
oh I way miscalculated and read this too early and now my soul has cleaved in two in earnest suffering while needing Queen of Nothing. I read this book twice this year??? Because I wanted to stab myself twice, apparently? 10/10 to the audiobook, though, absolutely stunning. And also I shall go die now. I am too obsessed.

[Read 1] Jan 2019
WHY DON'T YOU JUST PICK UP MY LIMP CARCASS AND TOSS IT 50FT INTO THE SEA TOO. omfg. This was excellent in the most ragey beautiful perfectly poi/>WHY/>[Read
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Sigh, I will quote..maybe, later. I’m trying for something...it’s a secret!

GOODIES LINK

Well, that was an ending!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
jessica
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
‘i want to tell you so many lies.’

hello, police? hi, yes, i would like to report a crime, specifically a murder… what murder? oh, well, you see, holly black has singlehandedly torn out my heart, ripped it to shreds, and then lit it on fire.

this book has ruined all other books for me this year. until the release of ‘the queen of nothing’ (that title alone is killing me all over again), i will be crying myself into a deep, dark, and healing hibernation. someone wake me up in 2020. maybe then i will be able t
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
It’s a great feeling to fall in utter love with the first book in a new series, and then anticipate the sequel, and then be offered a chance to read said sequel early, and then to read this book in 24 hours and savour every bit of it. Very few series that I’ve read in my life have hooked me as much as this one. The only downside? The agonizing two year wait for the third book!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Power is so much easier to acquire than it is to hold on to.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or angry?

This book was, undoubtedly, my most anticipated book of the year. But I must confess, it did not quite live up to my expectations. That's not to say it is not a good book, it was just a tad slow for my taste. The book doesn't really pick up until about the 60% mark. After that though, things definitely get interesting.

Main Characters' Ranking:
Review: to come
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 The Cruel Prince ★★★★★
#2 The Wicked King ★★★★★
#3 The Queen of Nothing ???

After the shocking turn of events that finished off The Cruel Prince, Jude is fighting with everything she’s got to keep the kingdom of Elfhame from falling to pieces under its new rulers. Unfortunately for Jude, not only is a war brewing in the Undersea, but the court is full of traitors—and a few of them might be in her own home.

I loved The Cruel Prince, but I wasn’t one hundred percent sold on certain factors—yet, from the moment I fin
/>After ...more
Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Sol ~ TheBookishKing
Shelves: from-publisher
Happy Pub Day!!!

Ok so here's the deal-I wasn't crazy about The Cruel Prince. There, I said it. The reason I'm starting this review with a seemingly negative attitude is two-fold: 1) It shows the sheer amount of growth that Black provides between the first two books in this series and 2) It shows that I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass and being pushed to give this a high rating to boost sales. The Wicked King was a true delight and privilege to read, my fellow bookworms, and I hope I can do it a shred of jusdeal-I
✨    jamieson   ✨
I genuinely cannot believe this book was basically about what happens when you let a drunk furry be king

YOOO Holly Black did it again! The politics !! The characters !!! The angst !!! AND THAT ENDING. I enjoyed this even more than book one - it was so dark, twisted, with even more political intrigue, betrayal and scheming. Part two especially was incredible, and al/>
Riley

I am a mess.
alana ♡
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-arcs
Can I just write an entire review repeating everything hurts, over and over again. Because EVERYTHING REALLY HURTS. It's been over a month since I've read this and it still just really, really fucking hurts, okay? Holly Black has done it again. She's ruined my life, made me question my sanity, and need a cold shower after reading this book. Even though I was incredibly excited for this book I still had my doubts that The Wicked King would top The Cruel Prince. I shouldn't have been worried though because this was everything. Thisthat TheBecause EVERYTHING ...more
Roshani Chokshi
Once upon a time, there lived a girl named Roshani who was like "lol, lemme jus sit down with my coffee and read a Holly Black book." That was the end of that. The book consumed her. The coffee has long since evaporated and moss and ivy crawled over its porcelain shell and one could not tell it had ever been a drinking apparatus. The girl had become one with the earth. Small thorns and blood-colored flowered bloomed around her head, and she choked out a single word: ". . . C A R D A N."
✨ A ✨
When I went into this series I thought: “tehehe, I bet this is over hyped” — so believe me when I say I'm actually shocked by how much I've come to love this series.

It is not at all the kind of YA that I'm used to and neither are the characters. The folk of the Air is in a league of its own.

I loved every moment of this book. The scheming, the lies, the betrayals. *wipes away a tear* It was just so good.

If you have not read book 1 (the cruel prince), do not go any further

Power is much easi/>
Tatiana
9/26/19

Yep, I've done this dumb thing again (3rd time! when will I learn?) - read this book with 2 MORE MONTHS OF WAIT UNTIL THE FINALE IS PUBLISHED!

Otherwise, brilliant. Although I did find myself imagining the main characters about 5 years older. The intensity and complexity of the love drama feels much more mature than something a bunch of 17-year olds would cook up.

Update 1/15/19

"DENY ME!"

Oh, I got the chills again. The drama of it all is so yummy!

Still have no
chan ☆
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-time-faves, 2018
cardan to jude:

---------------------------

not going to exhaustively review this because everyone and their mom will. but i fucking loved this, no surprise. could have been smuttier, and the ending was... cliff-y but whatever. holly can do no wrong.
Nenia ☠️ Hecka Wicked ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

The relationship between author and reader is one of constant courting, and sequels are especially hard. You've won my trust once, with a stellar book, but that's no guarantee that I'm going to enjoy the sequel. Second Book Syndrome is totally a thing. It's what happens when authors get complacent and think that less effort can be expended when publishing their sequel. I loved THE CRUEL PRINCE, despite thinking it would be a disappointment, and immediately added THE WICKED KING to my to-
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Twitter | Bookstagram | Youtube |

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??!!!

mISS. hoLlY. bLaCK.

arE yOU kiDdiNG mE.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!!!!!

Does this woman know it's only fucking January..... J A N U A R Y 2019. Not 2020. I am screaming seething like a mother right now.

I don't normally use gifs but—

Literally.....

Fuck this. No review.
Just know if any books pull any cliffhangers like this one, I'm going to burn that book. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Am I going to dock off a star because of that ending??

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY .

bish. it's 2019 January. 2019!!!! tWeNtY niNeTeEN.ABSOending??
January.....bLaCK.
ARE
Beatrice in Bookland
"Power is much easier to acquire than it is to hold on to."

1) The cruel prince ★★★★★
1.5) The lost sisters ★★★★★

The only thing you need to know is that Cardan calls Jude:

my darling seneschal
my sweet villain
my darling god
my sweetest punishment

and if that's not enough to make you love this book to pieces I don't know what to tell you
Nick
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The ratings are insane. I should really get into the hype wagon.
Charlotte May
"Kill him" a part of me says..."kill him before he makes you love him."

Hell fucking yes!!!!
Guys this was fantastic. Non stop twists, turns, drama, betrayal and MURDER.
So Jude is the power behind the throne, controlling Cardan's every move, along with her fellow spies of the Shadow Court.
I love Jude as a character - she is tough on the outside, but we know she hides her softer side, and she isn't afraid of doing what needs to be done aka MURDER!
With Queen Orlagh of the Unders
Semifinal Round
2,748,157 Votes Cast

• A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • To Kill a Kingdom
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more

The Folk of the Air (3 books)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
“Kiss me again,” he says, drunk and foolish. “Kiss me until I am sick of it.” 289 likes
“The three of you have one solution to every problem. Murder. No key fits every lock.” Cardan gives us all a stern look, holding up a long-fingered hand with my stolen ruby ring still on one finger. “Someone tries to betray the High King, murder. Someone gives you a harsh look, murder. Someone disrespects you, murder. Someone ruins your laundry, murder. 247 likes