Start by marking “Top Priority (The Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
Top Priority (The Game, #1)

Top Priority

(The Game Series #1)

In a perfect world, Lucas West would meet someone in one of the BDSM communities he was active in, someone who ached for a Daddy Dom as much as Lucas longed for a Little to care for. They would date, play, build something that was just for them, and share a future together.

In a perfect world, Colt Carter would get through his next deployment and then move closer to DC wh
Published August 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Top Priority, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Priority

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Top Priority is not a BDSM novel, but it sets the stage for a BDSM series.

I read this novella in one sitting. It's very sexy and sweet, telling the story of Lucas and Colt, both Daddy Doms, who fall in love after one night together.

Talk about insta love.

Even so, Dee develops the characters enough that I believed in their connection. Lucas (who serves as the narrator) and Colt wait for each other while Colt is deployed oversees (this story takes place circa 2010). They talk and have strong chemistry, despi/>Top
Nazanin
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2019
3.5 Pretty Boy & Little One Stars

Top Priority isn’t BDSM at all (in my opinion) and it was unfortunate for me but fortunately, as Daddy/boy kink it was just the name and nothing more. Told in single POV, 1st person, it’s the first installment in "The Game" series. Although the second installment is about this couple+1, this one wasn’t cliffy. I don’t know if I can go through book two because they’re going to bring someone else in their home/life (I've read it in its blurb) and I’m not go
Ele
I have a pavlovian reaction to all things Cara Dee. She writes, I read. It doesn’t matter if it’s something I know I’ll love, something a bit out of my comfort zone or what would normally be a hell no. Actually, it downed on me today that she is among my top three favorite authors, meaning that I consistently love everything she puts out there. I’m not very much into BDSM books, and honestly the “Little” theme makes me cringe a bit, but then I loved Dee’s Power Play so I thought, why not? I’m gl ...more
Renée
There are few authors I'll dive heavily into kink for, and Cara Dee is one of them. She grabbed me with Power Play, and I still reread that one.

I was really wondering where she'd take two Daddy Doms and how they'd make that kind of relationship work.

But this book is super kink-lite. The focus is solely on the relationship building of the two MCs and how they fall in love. Kink didn't play that big of a role. It was more about love than anything.

They meet randomly while both a
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I don't know. This was interesting.

100% insta love. Big time insta love.

Maybe I believed in their connection? I mean they basically had one night together. It was definitely hot. But then they are apart the rest of the book. So....for the "I love you's" to start flying. Eh, I don't know.

The epilogue(s) were different. Two. One waaaaay out in the future. This definitely felt like more of a set-up for the next book and these two becoming a three. Perhaps that one will be more devel
Cadiva
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when two Daddy Tops meet and have an instant chemistry connection that's off the scales?

This book happens. I don't think Cara Dee could write a subject I wouldn't instantly fall in love with and this book is no exception.

It's too short! That's my single complaint, I wanted so much more with Lucas and Colt. I adored their relationship and how, although it could potentially be "instalove-y" it just never felt like that.

The feels are all there as Colt goes on deployment and Lucas ha
Jewel
You can't always choose who you fall for.

Top Priority wasn't quite what I expected. That is not necessarily a bad thing, though. I was expecting a lot more kink than there was. There really was very little. That said, the story really excelled in the relationship department. The author nailed it and given just how short this novella is, I find that fairly remarkable.

Colt is a fighter pilot, with an emphasis on 'control freak'. I love that in a Dommy MC. He's also got a sadistic streak, so the
Debra
Despite the shorter length of the story, I managed to be totally invested in Lucas and Colt's fledgling relationship.

The story is focused on the romance and was BDSM light. There's not much more than discussions of kink here, though we do get to see a little bit of Colt's dominant personality. Both are in the BDSM community, are tops and Daddy doms looking for Littles. We are introduced the community and what the men are looking for, but that is about all. Even with them being seemingly incompa
Ariana
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, ku, not-for-me
That blurb immediately caught my eye.
Two doms falling in love? Hell, yes! That sounded like lots of fireworks and headbutting!

I expected two alpha males pretty much ‘battling it out’, in life and in bed.
The fight for dominance would be surely an issue?
And how could a lasting relationship possibly work between them?

What I got is a cute love story between a fighter pilot (Colt) and a marketing expert (Luke)
With no kink whatsoever.
And Luke seems to b
Ky
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Top Priority" is the first book in Cara Dee's new series "The Game". It's more like a novella and a prequel for the second book but it can be read as a standalone too as it ends with not one but two epilogues!

Lucas and Colt are two very incompatible people who fell in love and decided to fight for what they wanted despite all the ways they didn't fit together. In the end, they managed to win and make a very happy and loving couple.

These two Doms managed to form a bond against all odds and i
Gabi
This was just meh for me. I expected something different. There was passion between Colt and Lucas, no doubt, but I thought it would be more kinky and erotic. An I expected more mind-games.

I'm always on the lookout for stories when the main characters have similar tastes. Two doms or two subs. And they have to work around the fact that they want the same from a partner in bed, which is not each other. There isn't many stories like that out there.

So here are to Daddys
AussieMum
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved these two men. And this author has mad skills when it comes to establishing an amazing connection between MC’s in just 24 hours together before one is deployed for 12 months. I was hooked and devoured this in no time. But honestly, the dual epilogues and the way the next book has been set up kind of has me thrown. I don’t know why. They have each other now they just need their missing piece. Glad I don’t have to wait too long to find out.
Susan
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, daddy-kink

This was not as good as I’d hoped it would be. And I guess that’s all down to the fact that I had a hard time liking Colt. He was the sort of person I can’t stand in real life. I know he was a Dom and Doms can be pushy, but to me he was the wrong kind of pushy.

Here we meet Lucas, who is having a very bad day. When his car breaks down he goes to a bar next to the garage where he’s having his car fixed. He is soaking wet and very grumpy when he stumbles in. When he accidentally knock
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it

What happens when two Tops meet, hook up, and fall for each other?

You have to read to find out. I mean it. Read it! :)

Cara Dee’s Top Priority introduced me to two strong, likeable main characters. Colt a confident cocky bastard! Haha…Cocky just feels like the right word for him. He’s a fighter pilot with an intoxicating swagger and charm, who really smirked, joked, and pushed his way into my head and heart. I could see him so clearly! And Lucas, a sweet and sexy man working on his
Tracy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars. This was an ok quick read. I didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of this authors other books. Luke did not come across as a Dom at all. I'll read the next book as I'm intrigued about them adding a third to their relationship.
Colleen
More like 3.5 stars, since I felt something was missing - mainly the BDSM part of the BDSM series. Two tops - two Daddy Doms - whose kinks are the almost the exact same fall in love... even though they can't give each other what they need. This story tells Colt and Lucas's foundation, with the theory being that the next book will be when they meet their Little. I'm definitely intrigued enough to jump into that and hope it brings to the part what I missed here.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-borrow, m-m
3.5 Stars

Just enough prequel to set the stage for the novel to come but I wasn’t fond of the first person, single voice for this novella. The characters were interesting enough just none I was strongly drawn to. I liked Power Play and the touch of daddy kink there but this sounds like it will be full on daddy and littles and whatever. I don’t think I’ll be reading that one. I don’t mind some BDSM but I’ve read enough to satisfy my curiosity about what appeals to me. This can be read in its o
Kelsie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
Short, scorching, and sweet. Cara never really does me wrong, though, so I’m not surprised. Interested to see this develop further.
BR11
Didn’t like it left me hanging for the 2nd book. Now I’ll have to wait grrrrrr
Cliffhanger aside, the book was ok (enough to keep on reading the second installment) but wish the characters had spent more time together on page.
Monica Vidal
Not exactly what I was expecting but I enjoyed it nevertheless. The blurb is a little bit misleading...because I thought there was going to be kinky stuff, but it’s like not kinky at all. It’s much more romance than I was lead to believe by the blurb. In fact, it’s even a too much “insta-love” to my taste.

Lucas and Colt are both Daddy doms. They meet one day and sparks fly besides none of them being a submissive. They spent half a weekend together, because Colt is being deployed (he’s a pilot i
Mercedes
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! These men were HOT! Also need the second book NOW! Can’t wait to read about Their Boy!
Michaelene
I need moooorrreeee! Full coherent review to come after I’m done gushing about all the feels this book left me!

###

Instant book hangover!

Um, hi. Yeah. HELLO. You are officially one of my favorite books this year!

I didn’t want Cara Dee’s Top Priority to end. Colt and Lucas just gave me sparks upon sparks upon sparks. Two Daddy Dom tops falling in love? I’m so here for it.

Lucas and Colt meet one night and get to talking and laughing and bonding, and even though they know they can’t fully satisfy the other, they can’t resist having one night togme!
Instant
Alex
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kinky, short, military
Well, apparently Cara Dee can write anything and I'll still loved it!!!

Not a huge fan of BDSM and Daddy kink, I thought this one will not work for me but yeah. It did.
Well, I'll be honest the kink is really mild here. We don't have that much of it so maybe that's why it worked. I'll see in book 2 with the 'little one' coming...

It's a short but we have time to get attached to the MCs and I'll be waiting for the next book!!

descr</span>
  <span id=Well, apparently Cara Dee can write anything and I'll still loved it!!!

description
iam
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: unlimited
Very enjoyable novella about two men who meet and click by chance, despite their kinky not lining up at all.

Content warnings include: sex on-page, military deployment, car accident; mentions of BDSM (D/s, Daddy kink, rough sex, sadomasochism).

Colt and Lucas had an intriguing chemistry that I couldn't always follow but that I nevertheless adored. I liked how well they fit despite their... well, not differences, but their similarities that should have made them incompatible/>
Katherine Bongo-bridge
Cara Dee is one of my favourite MM authors, so I was delighted to hear about her new THE GAME SERIES, with a BDSM and Kink theme. In Top Priority we meet Colt a Daddy Dom and Lucas who also happens to be a Dom....how on earth will these two work? Well they certainly do 💥🔥💥 not much kink, but this is only the first book, it sets up their relationship nicely and we haven't got long till we wait for the next book Their Boy, when they bring another into their relationship. I can't wait to see how it ...more
Kelly
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three references, one title.

I don't usually go for instant love, but damn Cara Dee's characters are intense!
Military guys are kind of my catnip anyway.
We've got a great setup for a closed polyamorous relationship. Two Daddy Doms who are already madly in love with each other, and who have had a functioning relationship for eight years, now they just need to find their missing piece.

(Intermission for Part ll)
Chiara
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More! Give me more...
Danni Oxtoby
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!! What can I say about the amazing Colt and Lucus? I loved this book both guys were amazing but I think cocky Colt is gonna be my fave 😍😍😍 I mean who doesnt love a man in uniform who has the balls to fly a fighter jet 🔥🔥. I normally find it hard to connect with the story and characters in a novella but I didnt have that problem at all with this book not only did it have red hot sex but I had feeling as well and that's what makes it a winner for me!!! I cant wait for more of Colt and Lucas a ...more
Mimi
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

Enjoyed, enjoyed and enjoyed. I wasn't sure where this book was going I The beginning but I'm glad I kept reading. I am so looking forward for the next book in this delicious series.
Ticha_11
3 stars

Not long enough to be attached to the characters, so this a meh read for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

I'm often stoically silent or, if the topic interests me, a chronic rambler. In other words, I can discuss writing forever and ever. Fiction, in particular. The love story—while a huge draw and constantly present—is secondary for me, because there's so much more to writing romance fiction than just making two (or more) people fall in love and have hot sex. There's a world to build, characters to d

The Game Series (3 books)
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Breathless (The Game #3)