Start by marking “Found in the Lost (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / The Leonidas Corporation Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Found in the Lost

(Leonidas Corporation #1)

Crypto archaeologist, Kinley Dunn accomplished the impossible; translating an ancient Mayan text that stumped experts since its discovery hundreds of years ago. Rumored to hold the key to a vast and priceless treasure, Kinley is determined to be part of the discovery until she finds herself stranded in Guatemala without a way to reach her mentor.

Former SEAL Shane Ivers
Published September 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Found in the Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found in the Lost

Start your review of Found in the Lost (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / The Leonidas Corporation Book 1)
Jenni Bishop
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found in the Lost (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (The Leonidas Corporation Book 1) by Tarina Deaton is a great first book that is right up my ally. I love me some alpha military romance. It is a quick read and is a wild ride through long forgotten Mayan ruins and the hunt for long lost treasures. The suspense and the danger are palpable and it will have your heart pounding as you turn the pages and get lost in the story.

Kinley is going on her first archaeological dig, she is pumped, she is
Freya Barker
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced, blood-stirring, and sexy adventure that grabs you on page one and doesn’t let go until every delicious word is devoured.

“Found In The Lost” is reminiscent of watching an all-time favorite adventure movie playing out on the big screen.
The writing seems effortless, the characters immediately compelling, with a plot that quickly and engagingly develops.

Highly recommended!
Angela
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

This book is a perfect example of why and how I fell in love with Ms. Deaton’s writing- and why she is one of my ‘one-click, no questions asked’ authors. Then I discover the story has an archaeological theme, with a treasure hunt- AND special forces operatives- and I was one very happy camper!!!!
Found in the Lost is the first book in The Leonidas Corporation series by Tarina Deaton. It is the start of a new series and if this first book is anything to go by, the series is set to be
Liz
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have not had the chance to read anything from Tarina Deaton prior to picking up Found in the Lost. This is book one of The Leonidas Corporation Books and part of her Special Forces: Operation Alpha sets. I loved this book way more than I even anticipated that I would. It was packed with action, adventure, intrigue and some sweet romance to sweep you away when things seem to be getting too heavy with the story line. I loved the characters and their strength, dedication, and charisma. They truly ...more
Debi
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

5 Stars

Tarina Deaton is absolutely one of my favorite authors and I was so excited to grab this book. One negative...It wasn't long enough. That's not to say the book needed more, it felt like a complete story, I'm just greedy and wanted more. One of many positives...This is a book 1 which means there's more to come!

I don't normally like the instant love thing but the way this one was written
Taryn Bradley
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This first installment of Tarina Deaton's new series is also a cross over into Susan Stoker's Special Forces: Operation Alpha series. I need to confess up front I'm a military romance junkie. I love the suspense, the danger, and most of all the underlying romantic overtures brewing below the surface. Found in the Lost satisfied my addictive needs and then some. Deaton takes the reader on a fast paced wild ride through the jungles of Guatemala as our heroine chases a dream and our hero chases the ...more
Karyn Taylor
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found In The Lost is the first book in the Leonidas Corporation series by Tarina Deaton. It was my first time reading any of this author’s work and I was very impressed by how good this book was.
I absolutely adored the 2 main characters. Kinley Dunn has recently translated an ancient Mayan script and is now on her way to be part of the dig. This becomes a journey that is fraught with danger, mystery, intrigue, suspense and romance. Former SEAL Shane Ivers is on a relaxing trip exploring Mayan
Teresa
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found in the Lost by Tarina Deaton is the first book in her The Leonidas Corporation and also part of Susan Stokers Special Forces: Operation Alpha series.

Wow just WOW this was really good and I've fallen in love with Shane and Kinley! Take a Crypto Archaeologist needing a ride to her dig and a former Navy SEAL on vacation in Guatemala throw in some mystery-Think Romancing the Stone-and intrigue sprinkle with a little bit of greed and you have Found in the Lost.

Kinley Dunn may have solve the
Jana
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found in the Lost is the first book in Tarina Deaton’s Leonidas Corporation series. I had read her Combat Heart series so I thought that I knew what to expect and she absolutely did live up to my expectations and gave us an action packed romantic read that pulls you in from page one with the suspicious man at the airport followed by an attempted attack by bandits….
It is a fast paced read that takes you the long forgotten Mayan ruins for a hunt for long lost treasures. It also gives us Kinley who
Michelle Austin
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found in the Lost was a great 5 star read and book one in the Leonidas Corporation series.
Tarina Deaton continues to pull me in with her writing.

This is Kinley and Shane’s story.
Kinley is an archaeologist and loves what she does, she is going on her first adventure. Kinley is sweet and sassy. Shane is a former Navy SEAL who is vacationing in Guatemala and looking to explore the ruins.

Kinley needs a lift to the Mayan ruin, Shane offers to help her. If only he knew what his offer would entail.
Madison Degraffenreid
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019read

5-Stars

Found in the Lost (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)(The Leonidas Corporation Book 1) by Tarina Deaton was an exciting, action packed, romantic read. I was hooked from the beginning. The author immediately pulls readers in with the suspicious man at the airport followed shortly after with an attempted attack by bandits. This book was fast paced and easy to read. There was not one dull
Lisa
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibbb-year-4
I was hooked from the first few pages and I didn’t out this down until it was finished. The suspense kept me turning those pages and the sexy factor kept my eyelids open.

This is just a perfect story. First off I love jungle themes. Anything can and will happen there. Secondly I liked Kinley Dunn from the get go. She is smart and quick witted. The meeting between the two characters was a great way to introduce them. It was quick and showed the domineering side of Shane. He gets what he wants!
Laura Furuta
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

By: Tarina Deaton

5 out of 5 stars

This book was entertaining and a joy to read. It is a romantic suspense and I loved reading a story that includes archeology and mysteries that include past civilizations. The book pulled me in from the start and I didn't want to put it down. I loved reading about the characters of Kinley and Shane. I grew to care about them with each chapter that I read. I wanted them to find
Robin Rankin
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found in the Lost (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (The Leonidas Corporation Book 1) by Tarina Deaton is a great start to a new series.

Kinley is so excited about what she's discovered and it comes through in the way she was written. Shane is a big alpha male trying to find his way in the civilian world.

I loved Kinley, she was smart and not afraid to show it. Unfortunately those smarts put a target on her back and people want the information she has. Thankfully she literally runs into Shane who
Nikki
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Found In The Lost:
The Loenidas Corporation book 1 by Tarina Deaton is a 4 star read.
Kinley Dunn is a crypto Archaeologist and is heading to a dig with her mentor after she translated an ancient Mayan text, while stranded at the airport she meets Shane who offers her a ride.
Shane Ivers is an ex-Navy Seal he now works in private security, he is going on a relaxing break with some old team mates, when he meets Kinley and feels an instant connection to her, he’s hoping that by offering her a ride
Katie Kearney
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found in the Lost (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (The Leonidas Corporation Book 1) Tarina Deaton. From page one I knew I was going to like this book and I ended up loving it and it’s characters. I pride myself on not judging a book by the cover but I’ll be honest this one definitely pulled me in. And the inside kept me completely hooked. Kinley and Shane captures readers right from the get go and I was sad when I was at the end, I really wanted it to just keep going. But unfortunately all ...more
Randy Murphy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love books that combine romance with a good action suspense and this one certainly delivers. There are plenty of twists and turns in this plot to keep you guessing while you’re rooting for the “Happily Ever After” between Shane and Kinley. Kinley may have been a little naïve and gotten tricked into coming to Guatemala with her research, but she is still wary enough to recognize danger. She quickly decides who she can trust and finds out how demented even good people can become. Shane on the ...more
Chantelle Smith
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant read, I haven't read many books by this author but when I do get my hands on one, I'm never disappointed. This one is no different, I was captivated from the start of this read, I was pulled in and was unable to put this read down.

This book has a bit of everything which makes it that much more better! It has suspense, action, adventure and let's not forget the romance. To top off this read this author has created amazing characters that are relatable, lovable and connectable
Donna
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tarina Deaton is a new author to me and she didn't disappoint. This is the first in the Special Forces--The Leonidas Corporation Books.
Kinley Dunn is a Crypto Archaeologist and has translated an ancient Mayan text that no one else has been able to do and she wants to be part of the discovery team, her first dig. However she finds herself stuck in Guatemala with no way to reach her friend and mentor.
She gets offered a ride by Shane a former Seal and his 2 buddies, former teammates who are also in
Melody
Sep 06, 2019 added it
A great adventure featuring ex SEAL Shane Ivers and crypto archaeologist Kinley Dunn. Each is in Guatamala for different reasons. Shane, to take a vacation with two of his SEAL buddies and Kinley, to participate in her first archaeological site dig. She hopes to prove that her research theory is right and maybe find a mythological treasure.....or is it a myth? And is Kinley the only one searching for it? She soon finds out that someone else with dishonorable intentions is also after the riches ...more
Jonell
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Found In The Lost by Tarina Deaton is a quick little romance in the jungle. All Kinley wants to do is show the world her accomplishment. Desperate to get to an archaeological dig so she can let her light shine she gets left out when she lands at the airport. All good love stories have a hero and Shane does not disappoint. A former Navy SEAL is there to pick up her pieces. Starting out Kinley doesn't seem to be the strong individual that she turns out to be, in short, Kinley is surprising all the ...more
Lyndsey Fairley
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This was such a great book. It had the romance, it had the steamy scenes, it had the heart pounding action and a great story!
Kinley is traveling and from the get go has issues, she runs into Shane, literally and here our story takes off. I loved these two, she is strong in her own way but also not a run and hide type of heroine which I love . Shane was great and I really loved his friends
Kerry Baker
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Found in the Lost by Tarina Deaton is the first book in the Leonidas Corporation series. This is clearly the start of another great series by this author.
First and foremost I loved the feel I got for this book. The instant I read the blurb I was picturing Indiana Jones style scenes of a race against time to find a lost city. E book had an excitement about it that v really draw me in.
I loved the characters as well. They were engaging and easy to get behind. I got lost in their story straight
Heather Lovelace
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t. Put. It. Down.

Seriously... when you have a well written book chock full of vivid imagery, suspense, romance, action, some history, and exotic locales... what isn’t to love?! This book had me riveted from beginning to end. There was never time to be bored or lose focus. The plot was quick, the action fast-paced, and the characters extremely relatable. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from Deaton.
Bobbi Wagner
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This author has the ability to pull me into her story and make it realistic. It is well written story that I had a hard time putting down until the last page. Her characters are well develped, connectable and full of heart. This story has a little bit of everything from emotions to action to some suspense. This is a journey with an ex SEAL and archologist who run into bad guys and don’t forget to add the romance. Engaging story that I highly recommend, my favorite yet.
Iris Hehe
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Kinley met Shane when he offers her a ride after her mentor fails to show up. She has decoded the writing on the walls of an ancient Mayan temple. Shane wants to help her and after saving her life twice she is glad he is there. Kinley finds her mentor, but she no longer wants to share, she wants to keep the whole thing for herself.
Vickey Mcgee
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Interesting

I loved the way this was written. I'm my younger years I wanted to be an archeologist. I didn't make it, but I still love old things. This was so well written it seemed to give me a taste of finding an ancient treasure. There's plenty of action. I hated to put it down. There is some sexual content, but not over much.
Meghan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Swift but fun

A quick read full of steamy moments and humorous stories. It had a nice blend of science and military-esq background and appeal. The characters were well written and engaging. I liked the historical nature and the ending was sweet.
Margaret Yelton
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was an amazing story. It was very well written, action packed and the characters in the book just seemed to click together. I really enjoyed this book, didnt take all that long to read and it was certainly entertaining. I would certainly recommend it to others.
Larcie Fitzmorris
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous story

I absolutely love this storyline. The characters were amazing and funny this was a really fun story. It's a good thing that all things found can be priceless

• Rescuing Gracelynn (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #1)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Charlotte (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Finding His Destiny Book 1)
  • Protecting Amy (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Guarding Cindy (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Protecting Cara (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Shelter for Viviana (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #3)
  • Tracking Tahlula (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #3)
  • Rescuing Samantha (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Blind Trust (Brotherhood Protectors World)
  • Justice for Oswin (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Seeking Justice Book 3)
  • Saving Christmas (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Green Beret Book 4)
  • Danger In Montana (Brotherhood Protectors World)
  • Desperate Deception (Brotherhood Protectors World / Heroes Rising Book 1)
  • SEAL's Hellion (Special Forces Operation Alpha / Black Eagle Book 3)
  • Securing Ara (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Team Cerberus Book 6)
  • Freeing Fatima
  • Keeping Ava (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)