Start by marking “La última carta” as Want to Read:
La última carta

La última carta

(P.S. I Love You #2)

La tranquilidad de Holly se desvanece cuando se le acerca un grupo que se autodenomina el club de Posdata: Te quiero. Los integrantes del club, inspirados por las últimas cartas de su marido Gerry, quieren que Holly les ayude con sus propios mensajes de despedida para sus seres queridos. Holly tiene clara una cosa: de ningún modo se dejará arrastrar hacia el duelo que dejó ...more
Published November 14th 2019 by Ediciones B (first published September 19th 2019)

Win a Copy of This Book

Postscript
    Release date: Feb 11, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win an ARC of POSTSCRIPT by Cecelia Ahern!

***NO PO BOXES PLEASE***

Sixteen years after Cecelia Ahern's bestselling p

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 4300 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 31 - Nov 17, 2019

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about La última carta, please sign up.
    Lindsey's Reading The story will be the same, but it will release from a different publisher. The UK version is paperback, and the US version will come out in hardback…moreThe story will be the same, but it will release from a different publisher. The UK version is paperback, and the US version will come out in hardback first.

I bought a UK copy of The Flatshare because I didn't want to wait for US publication, and from it I learned that there are some big differences in punctuation. For example, they use apostrophes instead of quotation marks for dialogue. It was also a very stiff paperback, not a happy floppy trade paperback.

You can order the UK version from book depository or Amazon. (less)

Start your review of La última carta
    Paromjit
    Cecilia Ahern writes a terrific sequel to PS I Love You, immersing us once again in the life of 37 year old Holly Kennedy seven years on since the loss of her beloved husband, Gerry, from cancer at the too young age of 30. She has established a new life with tree man, Gabriel, and is working at her sister, Ciara's second hand vintage shop, Magpie, and still close to her friends, Sharon and Denise. Despite misgivings, she has agreed to support Ciara by taking part in her podcast on grief and loss ...more
    Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
    What an epic sampler!

I love PS: I Love you and now reading even the sampler is making my heart sing with joy and sadness.
    The sampler was just 😍 I am dying the read the rest of the book.
    Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
    4.5 stars!

I was on the promotional blog tour for Postscript. Thanks to the publishers HarperCollins for letting me be a part of the tour.

A massive thank you to HarperCollins for letting me be a part of Holly’s story. To first experience the raw emotions that PS I Love You gave and then Postscript was a beautiful journey. Holly losing her husband wasn’t easy to read, but the fact that a collection of letters can bring so many loved ones together is heartwarming. I really e
    Literary Soirée
    Loved the movie “PS, I Love You” with Gerard Butler as the perfect husband ... swoon! So swept up this enticing preview for the sequel, which focuses on Holly Kennedy’s life seven years after her husband’s death. Highly recommended.

Pub Date 23 Sep 2019.

Thanks to the author, HarperCollins Publishers Australia, and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.

#PostscriptNetGalley #NetGalley
    Cynthia Vega
    I don’t know how I feel about this but you’re damn right I’m going to read it.
    Madeline Nixon
    Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I have to start by saying that I did not like PS I Love You. I found a lot of things about it very frustrating, but I absolutely adored this sequel. I loved this more mature version of Holly and the more matured writing of Cecelia Ahern. She has come a long way from her debut novel. This story was layered in emotion, spirituality, and love. And though I was crying for the last 20 or so pages of the book, I was left feeling uplifted and thankful. This was such a brilliant sequel and continuation ...more
    Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
    All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Oh my goodness me. It’s been fifteen years since ‘PS.I Love You’ was originally published. Never in a million years did I think that fifteen years down the line, Cecelia Ahern would write a sequel to the book that became a number one bestseller in multiple countries, AND end up being made into a major film starring Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Harry Connick JR, and Kathy Bates…to name a few. I cannot even remember when I first sat down to read ‘Ps.
    Mairead Hearne (swirlandthread.com)
    ‘It’s been seven years since Holly Kennedy’s husband died – six since she read his final letter, urging Holly to find the courage to forge a new life…’

There was a seismic shift, the planets moved, there was a collective roar when it was announced that the very much longed for sequel to the international and New York Times bestselling PS I Love You was on it’s way…..

AND NOW THE TIME HAS COME….

What did Holly do next? Time to find out.

Postscript by Cecelia Ahern will be published o/>
    Karen Whittard
    Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I have been in love with Holly and Gerry’s story ever since I read it back in 2004. Wow 15 years ago!! And I have longed for a follow up to see how Holly has been getting on.

The book has moved on 7 years. Holly is working in her sisters Ciara’s second hand shop. Holly has a new boyfriend called Gabriel who she is thinking of moving in with. Holly still sees her family every weekend for Sunday roast dinner. Which everyone gathered around the table.

Denise and Tom are having struggles of their ow
    Michelle
    Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Seven years have passed since Gerry’s death. Holly is now in a better place and is moving on with her life. She agrees to do a podcast for her sister Ciara in the vintage and second-hand shop that she has been working in with her sister for the last three years. The Podcast will be recorded in front of a live audience and the proceeds will go to charity. It’s one of a series of Magpie podcasts, this one called How to talk about death. Holly regrets that she is doing it. But brings back memories ...more
    Michelle
    Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Thank you NetGalley and Harper Collins for a sampler of Postscript. I can’t wait for this to be released.
    Karschtl
    16 years after "P.S. I love you" I would have never expected a sequel to the book I liked very much so many years ago. But here it is! Wow!

I was not sure if it's wise for Cecilia Ahern to revisit this story and its characters, if she could match the quality of the first book. I still wasn't sure after reading the first 50 pages. But as soon as Holly hooks up with the club, I was lost in this beautiful story!

In the novel only 7 years have gone by since Gerald has died. Holly has move
    Bridget
    Although this was only a preview, I was instantly grasped by the story and the terrifically good plot. The part I read was a five-star read for me. Very excited and looking forward to reading more that's for sure! I think this will be equally as good as P. S. I Love You and also be one of my favourite reads of the year.
     Natasa
    Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I was really interested to know what happened to Holly after the P.S. I love you letters, and reading this sample made me want to read some more... To be honest, first few pages weren't so interesting and then, when it became more interesting - it ended.. I must say, I am very interested to read it all the way to the end. I hope I won't be disappointed in the end.
    Kate Wyver
    Feels slightly more laboured than its predecessor, but at its core it's just really generous, which I loved.
    Bookphenomena (Micky)
    POSTSCRIPT was the sequel I never thought I needed. Let’s face it, PS I Love You finished in a good place and so it has existed for over a decade. I was worried that book two would sully the good memories I have of book one, I was worried it would disappoint, it did none of these things.

Holly was seven years down the line from Gerry’s death, living her life, happy, in a relationship and officially in a different phase of her life from when she recceived the original letters. I wonder
    Marina Ćosić
    Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Absolutely remarkable, beautiful 🤩
    Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Cecelia Ahern’s debut novel, P.S I Love You, has touched millions of lives all over the world. With numerous reprints and a Hollywood film under its belt, you’d be forgiven for thinking it had gone as far as it could go. However, this year, Cecelia Ahern is returning to her beloved characters and breathing life into them once more. Postscript, set seven years after the death of Holly’s husband Gerry, invites us back into the world of unexpected letters, rolling Irish hills and the power of infin ...more
    Arjun Randhawa
    Postscript by Cecelia Ahern is a book written as a sequel to the story of Holly Kennedy, who is still figuring out life, 7 years after the death of her husband Gerry who wrote letters to her to help her move on.

The writing style was pretty average with less than 5 quotable paragraphs from the book. Honestly, I felt like this was one of the most useless sequels ever written. We had the closure that we needed from PS, I Love You. I adored that book so much but this makes me regret why I ever pick
    Katie
    Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    A beautiful and warm thought provoking story about love and loss and about what and who we leave behind when we’re gone.

I absolutely adored the first book of this series PS I love you along with enjoying the film even though they were both very different. I was slightly wary about reading this because I always worry that the sequel to something I originally loved won’t live up to my expectations but I needn’t have worried. Cecelia Ahern tells Holly’s story beautifully and we get to h
    Joanne
    Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Postscript sees us catch up with Holly again, seven years after the death of her husband Gerry. Holly feels she is still learning to be just 'Holly' after being part of 'Holly and Gerry' for so long. Just as life seems to be moving on for her, she takes part in an interview for a podcast called 'Let's Talk About Death' where she talks to a group about just how important Gerry's letters were to her as part of her moving on. There is an unintended consequence to this which hits her for six.
    Shreen Gough
    I was quite disappointing.there are to many inconsistencies from first book, ie what happens to her being a designer of shoes, what happened to daniel who worked in the bar, she met Gerry while coming back from collage trip she did not know him in school. She only had her mother & sister there was no father in first book but seams to appear in this book a d what happed to William the man she met in Ireland?
    Caitlyn Foss
    Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Man, this book took me back right back to when I closed p.s I love you all those years ago. What a beautiful, thoughtful journey this sequel takes you on. I would love nothing more than to see this made into a movie as well!
    Richard
    Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: sampler
    Care: I have only the insight of reading as brief sample. A mere teaser which ended before it really began.
    We are quickly immersed into Holly’s reality 7 years on from the passing of Gerry. She has reached a new place without the means to continue in her new found strength.
    To explain she takes us back to just 3 months before. On the surface things seem great; momentous decisions can be made propelling her forward into the rest of her life.
    Then her sister asks her to speak about
    Jane Hunt
    Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The arc sample for Postscript draws you back into Holly's world as if you never left. It is now seven years after Gerry's death and Holly is feeling more confident that life can go on as Holly, and maybe even Holly and Gerald. It is in this mindset that she agrees to her sister's request, to take part in a podcast sharing her grief experience, and particularly Gerry's letters, and what they meant for her.

Facing her grief again, even seven years on is difficult and you feel her pain a
    Patty Smith
    Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Many thanks to NetGalley, Harper Collins Publishers Australia, and Cecelia Aherns for an ARC in exchange for an honest excerpt review of Postscript. My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and independent of receiving an advance excerpt.

THIS IS FOR THE EXCERPT ONLY

RUN!! Don’t walk. Seriously run to the nearest bookstore, or get those little fingers typing on Amazon because it is finally here. Yes! The long awaited sequel to P.S. I Love You. I will not wait one more minut
    Guylou
    Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Postscript

Postscript by Cecelia Ahern is the awaited sequel to the very popular book: P.S. I love you! Seven years have passed since Holly Kennedy’s husband has passed away. She has a new man in her life, she is helping her sister with her business and she has forged a new life as recommended by Gerry in his letters. But when she thinks that she has moved on, she meets a group of people who started a club called P.S. I love you Club. They are all terminally ill and, just like Gerry, they want to leave the
    Michele
    Jul 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Well, if that wasn't a true teaser, I don't know what is?! That little sampler ended in the perfect spot to leave me, the reader, sitting there with my mouth hanging open. Now I can't wait to get a hold of the complete book when it releases in September! This book picks up with Holly's life, which is now seven years later after Gerry's death. She's recently been asked to speak about her experiences after his death and the letters he'd left her. As people are caught up in their enthusiasm over it ...more
    Kara
    Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    PS, I love you was the first book I ever read by Cecilia Ahern. I loved the book. I finally got my hands on her second book to this series PostScript and I couldn't put it down. I literally read this in two days (I was supposed to have it for my flight back home to the states...oops)

I loved how Holly has grown since she lost her husband Gerry seven years ago. She started dating a man named Gabriel and she is helping people terminal Ill leave something behind for their loved one.

If you liked PS
    Tammy Bramley
    Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    It has been years since I read PS, I Love You, although I frequently watch the movie. I realize there are quite a few differences, but the characters themselves are the same. To find out that Ms Ahern was writing a new book with Holly and friends, well, it made me super happy. I was lucky enough to read an e-sample of Postscipt from Netgalley, and wow, I am DYING for more! Most of the characters I knew made an appearance, lots had changed since the story takes place a few years after Gerry’s dea ...more

• So Lucky
    • The Love Child
    • The Light in the Hallway
    • Home Truths
    • The Giver of Stars
    • The Perfect Dress: a sweet, feel-good romance that will sweep you off your feet
    • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
    • In the Time We Lost
    • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
    • Through the Wall
    • Just One Wish
    Cecelia Ahern was born and grew up in Dublin. She is now published in nearly fifty countries, and has sold over twenty-five million copies of her novels worldwide. Two of her books have been adapted as films and she has created several TV series.

P.S. I Love You (2 books)
    • P.S. I Love You (P.S. I Love You, #1)
    “Moram se prisjetiti da je svako „zbogom“ imalo svoje „zdravo“. A nema ničega ljepšeg od toga „zdravo“.” 1 likes