Start by marking “STAINED (Hellraisers of the Underground, #1)” as Want to Read:
STAINED (Hellraisers of the Underground, #1)

STAINED

(Hellraisers of Chicago’s Underground #1)

From USA TODAY Bestselling Author N.K. Stackhouse comes a new Contemporary Why Choose Mafia Suspense Romance Series that is sure to leave you questioning everything…

You either hide from the Monsters or you become Them.

Once upon a time, there lived a pure girl,
who abided behind her safe sheltered walls.
But catastrophe descends on those unaware.

Once upon a time,
Published August 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about STAINED, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about STAINED

Start your review of STAINED (Hellraisers of the Underground, #1)
Mandie
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t really read a lot of mafia books, but this one was really entertaining. I enjoyed the plot and I had a love/hate relationship with the characters. This was the first book I have read by this author, and I can’t wait to read more.
Dyan Layne
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent plot and characters!

The story and characters are engaging - this series has so much potential and I would have rated it 5 stars if not for the horrible editing/proofreading. Misspelled words, incorrect words, duplicated words in the same sentence, punctuation - all the things a good editor would have caught, but in this book didn't. And it wasn't the odd error here or there - they were all over the place, on almost every page. I tried real hard to ignore it because the story was so
Diego Gomez
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Clavier
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ive only read a handful of books that made me wish i could punch one of the characters out and this book is one of those. It had one of those ending that not only p***ed me off, it made me dying to read the next part in the hope that Bryce (the MFC) gets a lot of revenge in it. It was hard for Bryce to see who to trust and who was out to get her. So it keeps you on your toes reading it that's for sure. This book is blindingly good. Absolutely loved it!!!
Lisa
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good...could be better

I would have loved to give this book 5 stars, it has all the makings of a great book but I couldn't get past simple mistakes throughout the book. A simple proof reading would have picked up most of these mistakes if not all. At some points the story struggled to flow. What I did love was the characters and original story.
Missy Brown
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stained is a wild freaking ride. I did not know what to expect but I know it was not what I read. N.K. does an excellent job of drawing the reader into Bryce's world. She is just what the blurb suggests. She is a broken Little Bird, but she has claws too. When she starts at the university, that is where things get very interesting. She draws the eyes of, I don't know what you would call them. But they look dangerous. You get the sense that they are nothing but trouble.

I think that Bryce was
Lindsay
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review

My rating for this books falls between a 4-4.5 because as much as I start to really like Bryce(MFC) along with Grayson, Lucas and Hudson. I felt like something was missing, I felt the connection between the 4 characters wasn’t really developed but that could change throughout the series.

I would love it in you have different view points especially from the 3 main guys since it would be interesting to know what they are thinking. This book had so many twists and s crest that it felt me
Am
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The idea overall is fantastic, and the FMC is someone I always love reading about (tough, vulnerable, sassy), and who doesn't love an asshole (or 3!) to keep the story interesting. However, I'm not going to lie, I did find myself getting confused a number of times during this book. I feel like there are chapters or parts missing, and that the scenario skips over some important information that would probably help the flow of the series in the long run. A personal scenario this happens to me is ...more
Emma
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book but desperate for the answers

This book has got me booked and needing to know more, all the secrets and mystery are being kept held close to the authors chest and I just wish we were giving a couple more breadcrumbs of information to satisfy my appetite. There were a couple of times during the book I felt we were meant to of been told something but jumped straight last it to the aftermath. I enjoy the characters and the potential for the plot. It does end on a cliff hanger for those of
Courtney
Received ARC from Author for Honest Review

I Give this Book a 3.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 3.

Cliffhanger(?): Yes!!
Romance: 0/5
Drama: 4/5
Suspense: 5/5
Dark(?): hmmm...2ish/5, for me but it may be darker for others :)

No Spoilers!
I honestly have no idea what’s going on which is great, and I need to know! Lol
I can’t describe much about anything without giving something away! XD
But on another note when I closed the book at the cliffhanger, it almost felt like everything I read wasn’t important and/or
Kari
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Storyline that pulls you, cliffhanger

This would have definitely been a 5 star read it the lack of editing/proofreading didn't keep pulling me from the story.
There is a really good story here and hopefully the author will get a better proofreader (or pay attention to her ARC readers based on other reviews) and clean up mistakes (wrong words, double words, word order, spelling).
I will be reading the rest of the series just for the story because that cliffhanger leaves so many questions...I'll
Taylor
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my.... where to even begin? I loved the FMC, the men, and the secondary characters in this book so much! There are many what the h@#! moments and times where I wanted to reach through the kindle and punch someone! All together I really enjoyed this book I love a book that is darker and this is definitely one. It ends on a killer cliffhanger and I need the next book like yesterday! I can't wait to see where this series continues to go!
Hayley Broome
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
To be honest I didn't know how to rate this, let me start off saying I love the characters, although the leading female gave me mix feelings because I felt like she was rushed into a strong leading lady. As for the story it felt a short and rushed as well abit, given the time an a little extra work it could of turned out to be a 5 star book!.
AMH
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stained

Loved the ideas and themes here. It seems to take awhile to really develop and is still a little scattered but you can’t help but love the story. Needs some proof reading/editing or beta readers but overall great star to a new series. The cliff hanger will have you throwing your reader and mad the next one isn’t here!
Jessica Yoder
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This book was phenomenal! These people are so damaged, yet they have built a family they would die for! But that ending though.... OMG I cannot wait for Savaged! The things she’s been through, the lead up to that ending, JUST WOW!!!!
Bobbi Elmore
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Right now I'm in a WTF kind of mood. Like seriously, what did I just read in the end. Ughhh. It's 4:13am. In all seriousness though, I really enjoyed this book. It was my first from this author, and certainly won't be my last.
Leisa Prater
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the encounter with Grayson & Luc.. and Bryce......I was hooked ... need the next soon ...more
Allison
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh that cliffy!

Good book! Need the second one now! There are some editing errors that hopefully will be fixed by the second book.
Ashley Lilly
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I really enjoyed this one...I really liked all the characters and the mysteriousness of this story... Looking forward to book 2.
April Davadi
Sep 01, 2019
Toni Riley
Aug 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep #1)
  • Play the Game (Hannaford Prep #3)
  • Make Your Move (Hannaford Prep #2)
  • Delinquent (Academy of Misfits #1)
  • Naked or Dead
  • Loser (Hillcrest University #1)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Ever Lost (Lost Boys of Neverly Prep #1)
  • Lost Boys (Slateview High, #1)
  • Unmasked (Evergreen Academy #4)
  • Soulless (The Privileged of Pembroke High, #2)
  • The Queen of Carnage
  • Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)
  • Free Fall (Spring Hill Blues, #1)
  • Heartless: A High School Bully Romance (The Privileged of Pembroke High)
  • These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1)
  • The S*x Tape
USA TODAY Bestselling Author N.K. Stackhouse

Hellraisers of Chicago’s Underground (2 books)
  • Savaged (Hellraisers of the Underground #2)