Start by marking “Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 2

Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 2

This is the second book in the Beautiful, Complicated Family series. This collection contains five additional flash fiction stories exploring the connections that can hold people together or tear them apart. Like most families, the relationships in this uplifting collection consist of intricate elements. Sometimes things get messy, but it’s always beautiful. Read each stor ...more
Published November 5th 2019 by Fiction Physician, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful, Complicated Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful, Complicated Family

Start your review of Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 2
Kelly Long
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, fiction, netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review. This is volume 2 of these flash fiction stories. Similar to volume 1, they are each a quick read that gives readers a glimpse into the lives of these families.
Tracy Wood
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
The second book in the series is as uplifting as the first and the five flash fiction stories don't disappoint instead providing a definitely positive reading experience.

I was able to read an advanced copy of this book thanks to NetGalley and the publishers in exchange for an unbiased review and would recommend it and volume one highly.
Holly (Texan Girl Reviews)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this edition of Beautiful Complicated Family, we go even further on the relationships of family of heartbreak and new love. Each story can be read in a short amount of time and it will leave you wanting more. I will say this though, that having that continuation of a story that started in vol. 1 was just perfect and totally should be a book of it's own! The only bad thing about this book is the simple fact that each story is good in it's own way and I could see great things coming from this A ...more
Sue
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: flash-fiction
Flash Fiction is new to me. The definition is that its fiction of a type characterized by being very short, typically consisting of only a few hundred words. I normally read novels along with a few novellas but I found flash fiction very enjoyable.

All of these stories are quick reads some of them will make you laugh out loud and some will bring tears to your eyes. I highly recommend these flash fiction stories for you to read when you don't have a lot of time. I'll definitely search
Shenanigan
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Volume 2 was slightly better than the first. Blossom in the Snow, Christmas Eve Dinner, & A Dress Rehearsal were ok but I've decided flash fiction just isn't for me. I do think that it makes for a good read in places like waiting rooms tho.
Pam Chantrell
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet set of short stories about a variety of different family circumstances. A short read/collection of short stories but gives pause for thought.
Hope Ferdowsian
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Volume 2 of Beautiful, Complicated Family, a lovely collection of flash fiction—very short stories with plenty of surprising and clever twists. If you're looking for a quick, uplifting, and fun read, I'd highly recommend it. Both volumes have distinct heartwarming stories.
Elizabeth

• Revenge
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • Buddy: The Heartwarming Story of a Very Special Rescue
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • The Hypochondriac's Pocket Guide to Horrible Diseases You Probably Already Have
  • The Deviant's Pocket Guide to the Outlandish Sexual Desires Barely Contained in Your Subconscious
  • The Hidden Lives of Jack the Ripper's Victims
  • Bird Brain: Comics About Mental Health, Starring Pigeons
  • The Paranoid's Pocket Guide to Mental Disorders You Can Just Feel Coming On
  • Our Baby Was Born Premature (The Same Way He Was Conceived)
  • The Verdict
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my page. I write contemporary fiction/women's fiction. My stories are usually about relationships between family members and friends – the ups, the down, and everything in between. Most of us are dealing with heavy things in real life, so I try to make my stories hopeful but real. My author’s tagline - Uplifting stories with a little bit of hope, faith, and love.

A littl