Start by marking “Yours For The Holiday” as Want to Read:
Yours For The Holiday

Yours For The Holiday

Fresh off a break-up, Remy is in no mood to share a room with his brother's best friend during a holiday stay at home. Jason Hendricks has always treated him like a little brother to tease and taunt, all the more embarrassing because Remy has secretly crushed on the jerk since puberty. But when Jason confides he's bisexual, Remy realizes the crush he loves to hate could be ...more
Published November 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Yours For The Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yours For The Holiday

Start your review of Yours For The Holiday
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
One Bah, Humbug review coming right up:

This story really didn't work for me. The MCs acted like immature, oversexed teenagers, and Remy's older brother was an absolute idiot. I was rolling my eyes the entire time.

This plot had been done better many times before. And don't get me started on the cover.

I'm also taking a star off for the numerous editing issue.
Virginia Cavanillas
3.5 STARS

First of all: that cover... I have no words for it...but we all know that out there there are a lot of cringing covers that deserves the Fahrenheit 451 treatment.

But the book is good and the only cringing thing about it, it's the cover. Promise. So forget the sacrilegious bonfires, open the book without looking at the man with the Santa hat, and prepare yourself to start burning for a very different reason.

The premise here is one that always attracts me: gay guy with a crush for his
Teal
TSTL? No, but definitely TSTBIAR: Too Stupid To Be In A Relationship. These guys need to grow up and acquire at least minimal people skills before they're qualified to interact with other human beings. And that goes not just for the leads, but for the pathologically jealous best friend/brother as well.

At 78%, my Kindle is telling me I'm only 15 minutes away from finishing this -- but damn, I just can't do it. I'm worn out by the repetition -- over and over and over again with the same
Karen
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the holidays so of course there's...

angst and drama galore!!!

Remy's fresh off a break-up with his boyfriend and getting passed over for a promotion at his job. Feeling more than a little hurt and insecure he's hoping to spend a quiet holiday with his family nursing his broken heart and wounded pride.

Derek is Remy's brother and he's bringing a girl home for the first time ever to meet his family which includes his best friend and Remy's first crush...Jason...straight, sexy fireman Jason.
Len Evans Jr
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally loved this story... Jason and Remy are so awesome and so hot and adorable together. I felt like I was right there with them throughout the story. It was so very well-written and a fun ride all the way. Totally awesome, fun, uplifting and tearfully happy story! What FUN!!!
Bárbara
As a holiday piece, it was a bit light for my taste on the holiday mood. As a love story between a guy and his "forbidden fruit" of a bff-little-brother kind, it was too dragging on the drama. It was like it wanted to be many things at once and never really found solid ground on any front. Overall it was entertaining, but not much more.
Lost in a Book
3 Stars

That cover…

no.gif

I waffled back and forth on my rating with this one for a few days. *sigh* It was just okay. The characters were decent (when they weren’t whiny and changing their minds every scene), being fully accepted and loved by a surrogate family hits me in my happy place, and the premise of best friend's little brother appeals to me. It had potential but fell a bit short in execution.

Jason (JJ) Hendricks is heading home for Thanksgiving. His home is the cabin of his best friend's
Cadiva
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this Christmas read with a little bit of family drama to stop it being too sweet.

Remy and Jason had great chemistry, I loved the banter between them and the long history of knowing each other for years. The secondary characters were nicely drawn out too and I liked the setting with its small town festive feel.

The angst wasn't too overdrawn and it worked well to offset all the cute moments as Remy and Jason danced around each other. I'm not sure the drama with Derek worked quite
Apolishedreader
One of my fave tropes is best friend's sibling to more. (okay, okay, I do realize that a lot of my reviews say "such and such is my fave trope"). Truly, I enjoy established relationships morphing into new relationships.

I will admit that I have had some issues in the past with this author's books keeping my attention, but I did enjoy this story. This one lost me for about a chapter or so of Derek (Remy's brother) douchiness and I skimmed to get past some of his childish behavior. Once I was past
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

I’m not always in the mood for a holiday story but D.J. Jamison is a solid writer for me and I know her books satisfy me deeply. This book was no exception and it warmed my heart pleasantly.

The story deals with Jason, in the book often called as JJ, and his best friend’s little brother, Remy, who he has a crush on since they are children – even if Jason isn’t open to anybody and is having a hate-love relationship
Sri
Completely ignoring that shudder-worthy cover, the description was intriguing. I liked the story but there were a few things that made it a meh read. Like, I wanted to be wowed by it and I wasn't. So it was a bit disappointing in that sense.

The story was nice, the concept of this guy's brother best friend and him fooling around and dancing around each other was pretty lovely but the execution of that plot fell a bit flat. There was a lot of repetition in narrative. There were "lets clarify my
Amanda

Yours For The Holiday is a holiday fling team up with frenemies to lovers. A lovely and a little bit annoying story between Remy Wells and his brother's best friend, Jason. Due to Jason's dysfunctional family, he spent most of his holidays with the Wells family and Remy is like a little brother he like to prank on. I thought the whole 'I-like-you-so-I-decided-to-tease-you-and-prank-on-you' is a little lame. But anyway, their secret holiday affair does seems scandalous and there was much
Joyfully Jay
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Oh, this was a hot read that hit all my buttons. I loved the super thick layers of angst as Remy and JJ fight hard against their attraction. The angst is given a bit more depth through the characters’ backstories. Remy’s ex cheated on him and accused him of being boring, so he’s feeling vulnerable. Plus, we learn that Remy had harbored a childhood crush on JJ despite all the antagonizing that went on between them. I thought this was a great combination because
Leta Blake
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the MCs!
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars

Remy who has just recently broken up with his cheating boyfriend heads to his parents' cabin for Thanksgiving. When he gets there, he finds himself rooming with Jason, his older brother’s best friend, who he’s had a crush on since forever. He’s even more shocked when Jason admits he’s bisexual and is attracted to Remy. Can Remy finally get the guy he’s always wanted, at least for the holidays?

I really liked both Jason (JJ) and Remy and I loved the frenemies to lovers storyline and I
Jenn (not Lily)
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: winter-read, ku
I loved a LOT of things about this story -- the relationships between Jordan and the Wells family, the frenemy thing between the two of them, even Derek's dickishness. There are just so many things that ring TRUE to life instead of just romantic fluffiness. I'll be reading a LOT more by this author for sure!
Emily Seelye
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ashley
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bb-review
As a first time reader of D.J. Jamison's work, this was the perfect book as an introduction. I have put all of her books on my TBR list and I'm hoping that those giftcards I'm bound to get for Christmas will be put to good use.

I really enjoyed the way Remy and Jason picked at each other from the very beginning and throughout. It was playful teasing and not meant to hurt. It no doubt started out as brotherly chirping but that spark of attraction changed the meaning behind those teasing words.
Amanda
I guess I’m still in the mood for some holiday love. This was a sweet frenemies turned lovers story. Not a whole lot of drama. Just learning trust and love.
Teresa
Sweet

I’m overdosing on sweet Christmas stories and this on fit in perfectly. Frenemy to lovers, best friend’s brother tropes were well done.
Lucy
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jason has a pretty rough family life and for as long as he can remember he has spent the best part of holidays, and indeed his life, with the Wells family. Derek Wells has been his best friend forever and Derek’s little brother, Remy, has been the man he’s loved to hate. Well, maybe not hate. Let’s say the boy, now man, he’s loved to harass, torture, annoy, bother. You get the idea. While Jason’s parents live close, he is staying with the Wells family for Thanksgiving. He ends up bunking in ...more
Lillian Francis
My first DJ book but if that's the sort of story I can expect, it won't be my last.
A super cute frenemies to lovers story that will make you melt.
Adorable.
Penumbra
Yours for the Holiday is the story of Remy and Jason. They’ve known each other since they were kids. The book is written in third person, dual pov.

(view spoiler)
Fanna
Yours For the Holiday is a great lighthearted read for those looking for M/M holiday romance sprinkled with some snow.

The story is centered around the best-friend's sibling to lovers trope and I loved it for that. The narration doesn't simply begin to explore the romantic aspect of the story, it takes the time to let the history of Remy and Jason take the front space. Jason is Remy's elder brother's best-friend and have always been there in Remy's life, mostly for the pranks he and Derek used
ButtonsMom2003
Two of my favorite romance tropes.

Enemies to lovers has recently become a favorite romance trope for me. Add in best friend's little brother and this book doubled my pleasure.

I've been fan of DJ Jamison's books since the first one I read, Catching Jaime. It's hard to believe it was only a year and a half ago that I read that book. I've read every book she published after that and loved them. (I do still need to catch up on her earlier books.) Yours for the Holiday is a great new story.

Jason
Sara MacRae
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jason Hendricks has had a crush on his best friend Derek Wells’ younger brother Remy since he was a teenager – just as Remy has had one on Jason – but one would never guess that by the pranks, teasing, etc. Jason’s family life was overshadowed by the accidental death of his sister when he was still a toddler – his parents continued to grieve, his dad becoming consumed by work, and his mother drowning her sorrows in alcohol and drugs – so the Wells became his surrogate family. When Derek brings ...more
Susana
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carra
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the brother’s best friend trope. It already has its own built-in expectation of angst and pining, that unrequited crush that plays out over the years…which means the payoff at the end—that happy ending—is even more meaningful. Now drop that into the holiday setting and you can guarantee that I’m going to read. Yours for the Holiday while at times frustrating, actually met all of my expectations for this type of story, and I simply adored Remy!

The frustration thing? I’m placing the blame
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Yours for the Holiday is a seasonal friends (sort of) to enemies story, that is sure to warm you up! JJ is friends with Derek, and Remy is Derek's younger brother. For years, JJ has liked what he has seen, but didn't know how to deal with it. Throw in the fact that he is worried about upsetting the only family he has ever really known, and you can understand his dilemma. Remy, however, thought JJ was only ever teasing him, and learnt to give as good as he got. That didn't stop him from having ...more
DC
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars and an overall sweet quick read. I’ve always enjoyed an enemies (or frenemies) to lovers trope and this one did a so-so attempt. I didn’t find the enemies part between Remy and Jason to be too convincing. It just seemed like every time Remy was going on about what horrible thing Jason did to him as a kid was followed by a but. But the thing that dragged this down for me was the immature head games. It’s a fling, it’s a thing, let’s sext, send me a dick pic... And then all of the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Always the Groomsman
  • Top Shelf (Seacroft, #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Love Happens Anyway
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • A (Fake) Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Comfort and Joy (Firsts and Forever, #16.6)
  • Making the Naughty List
  • Alpha Barman (J.T's Bar #1)
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Merry & Bright
  • My Christmas Spirit
  • Lights, Camera, Christmas!
  • Fairytale of LaGuardia
  • Holiday Fling
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
DJ Jamison grew up in the Midwest and worked in newsrooms for more than 10 years, which came in handy when she began writing novellas centered on a series of love connections between small-town Kansas newspaper staffers, their sources, and their readers.

When she's not laboring over her works of fiction, she's blogging and tweeting about books, reading books or doing that other dreaded thing: her