Start by marking “A Faerie Story” as Want to Read:
A Faerie Story

A Faerie Story

Once upon a time,
the fate of three men was decided in a world where it was forever Christmas.

A faerie forced to flee his homeland

Kaegan lives in fear of his vicious twin brother. Tormented and abused, his only option is to escape to the one place he knows he’ll be safe: Inverkillen, a haven of magic, eternal Christmas where he has the chance to live the life he craves.
Published November 1st 2019 by self-published

To ask other readers questions about A Faerie Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Faerie Story

Start your review of A Faerie Story
Judith
4.5

Utterly charming.

Snow globes+Faeries+Christmas+Snow+Three adorable men (who I absolutely fell in love with)

Barbara Elsborg certainly knows to craft a story.Things are never dull,never the same in her world.

.This one pulled me in from the beginning and never let go.

It's kind of centered around Christmas but I wouldn't say it's just a Christmas story at all.

Let's begin then,although I'm not giving much away.

Three men who are definitely destined to be together.I'm not normally a fan of MMM but
☆ Todd
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

Wow, this story had a bit of everything *and* the kitchen sink going on, but not in a bad way.

In addition to the really great world building, the book had tons of great characters, including the three MC's.

First, we learned about Aiden and his awful childhood, raised by an abusive, cruel mother who never wanted him. In the very first chapter, when hearing about what his "best Christmas ever" consisted of, GAH, that shit broke my heart in two right down the middle.

Then we were introduced to
Katerina
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta
This one is so close to my heart It's a story that makes you forget everything else around you. A fairy tale with a great happy ending. A story for the cold season. And you want a snow globe to shake right away.
I will never look at snow globes with the same eyes. I loved it!
Sheri
I never really know what I’m going to get when I open a story by Elsborg but I do know it will be an incredible time. A Faerie Story is a perfect example. This story has a lot going on though as the pages flipped by one golden thread glistened brightly. Fate. True Love. Happily Ever After. Fate brought these souls together and demonstrated the power of true love which consequently delivers their happily ever after. Yes, I’m repeating this for it bears echoing. There is a magnificent HEA. Because ...more
Ariana
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3,75 stars*

Fairies are nice, right?
Don’t we all have Tinkerbelle-type creatures in our minds when we hear about them?

You can certainly throw that image right out of your head for this book!
Yes, the fairies are all incredibly beautiful, just as you would expect, but unfortunately that beauty stays on the outside for most of them.

Kaegan is one of the few exceptions in this book who has a moral compass and innate goodness. As for the rest …
They are self-absorbed and heartless, arrogant and
Cadiva
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was different and nothing at all like what I was expecting - and in a completely brilliant way.

What I'd been expecting was a Christmas-themed MMM romance with a sweet ending. What I actually got was an amazingly complex, beautifully developed world in which Faeries are real and where three men find happiness after fighting hard for it.

On the way there was magic, there were dastardly deeds, there were acts of heroism, a cute kid and dog, a bit of a creepy Westworld-style village in the
Kazza
It probably seems strange to a number of readers that someone reads a Christmas story, it's also a fairy tale, when it isn't (really near) Christmas, but I don't get snow here in Australia at Christmas. It's summer. I usually swim. Pretty much every Christmas tale I've ever read is centred around snow and the Northern Hemisphere so I can read it at any time and just think - snow, pretty, cold, different for me.

description

A Faerie Story has snow as a central element of the story, that and snow globes. Is
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.75 Stars!

I felt like the pacing of this one was off.

The 1st half of the book was rather slow and drawn out. It's not until 60% that we get any storyline with all three guys in the same place.

And it's a LONG book, clocking in at over 6,000 kindle locations. I get that part of it was necessary in order to get the back story on all three characters. But damn some of that was really hard to read about it. Definitely heed the trigger warnings.

I enjoyed the last 40% quite a bit more. The pacing
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2019
O.M.G what a stunning, insanely good story!

Kaegan Aiden Pascal: a trinity pur sang

We got an enchanting introduction to the three men at the age of young boys.
Three, totally different stories, all quite heartbreaking.

Then the men grow up and we see how they are doing now.

After Kaegan finally escaped his home, he ends up in London.
Aidan is drawing and Kaegan is mesmerized by all the details he puts into it. Aidan is mesmerized by the way Kaegan sees him as no other ever did. They will have a
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

“Is that what you’re searching for? Happiness? Peace?”
“Aren’t we all?”
I want to be needed, loved. That would make me happy, give me peace.

Barbara Elsborg is and has been an unsung hero in our eyes for almost a decade now, the way in which she writes her characters and their stories never fail to completely and utterly consume us. Especially when it comes to her male characters who always have such intriguing, vulnerable and compelling character traits. We literally feel like we know them inside
Lisazj1
I'm not gonna lie, the beginning was so utterly bleak and brutal that I actually considered stopping reading. And on top of this, it's m/m/m, which is never my favorite. But it is Barbara Elsborg, so I decided to keep reading. Best decision ever.

It's not that things get any better for these guys right away, but once Kaeden, Aiden and Paschal have found thier way to each other, they deal with everything together, and that makes all the difference. I loved how they grew and changed just from the
Susan
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not quite sure how to rate this. I liked it, but it also felt overly long. I actually started skimming parts and never felt like I missed anything since the inner musings could go on and on.

At first I started this and put it down for about a week. The suffering of these guys was a bit too much. Now, I LOVE hurt/comfort in my books, but when all 3 guys had this hard a life I can’t help but wonder if they’ll ever be able to give each other some comfort.

And while I love a good background story,
Tigress62
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, lgbtq
I received an ARC for an honest review, so here it is:

This is a lovely and very steamy Christmas story and it was a 4 star read for me! I loved the concept, and the house, Inverkillen (I wish there was a Christmas village like that to visit!), and the ice castle were fantastic! The author's imagination obviously knows no bounds when it comes to picturesque settings! I also very much liked the way Aiden blossomed, especially under Kaegan's and Pascal's attentions, even though I did not really buy
Jennifer Reilley
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow. This story just pulled me right in and so hard to put it down. I have come to love Barbara work and wouldn’t expect anything less coming from her . Such a wonderful fairy tale with snow globes, Christmas, and snow.

I loved how we met the men when they were boys and saw how they lived and what they were going through.

These three guys were perfect for each other and made each other even better. My heart broke for each of the guys but how they were able to mend each other.

Come on
Nese's reads
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 men, some Mortal and some Faerie ....
3 very different people, all sad and lonely...
3 men all with various, strong feelings for Christmas...
They don't know it, but they are all destined to meet, but how?
Once upon a time at Christmas ...

The opening chapter where we meet Kaegan, Pascal and Aiden
as they are young and unhappy is sure to break your heart.
Each child lives through events that will change them for good.
Abuse, bullying, neglect and near fatal disaster.
One way or another all 3 men have
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Shelves: 2019

description

“Is that what you’re searching for? Happiness? Peace?”
“Aren’t we all?”
I want to be needed, loved. That would make me happy, give me peace.

Anabela.M.
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fairy tale or not,to me this was just like any other book I've read by Barbara Elsborg: an intense, heart-wrenching, emotional ride.

Kaegan,Pascal and Aiden are charming and endearing. I loved watching them grow up, from suffering children to troubled adults. And then,the way the author made them meet then loose each other, then meet again was brilliant. Making their three different personalities work together wasn't easy, and I cheered for their healing and happiness.

𝗔 𝗙𝗮𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 is amazing.
Dieter Moitzi
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
More accurately, it's 4.9 stars.
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This review has been originally posted at Gay Book Reviews - check it out!

I guess I’m a bit thick or maybe just in dire need of holidays (your pick), but after having read the blurb, it took me several chapters to realize this was an MMM romance (feel free to say, “Duh!”). Maybe I simply got drawn in by the promise of strange, imaginary worlds, faeries, and magic. I got this, alright, but with the
Carra
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantasy romance in a Christmas setting? Yes, please. That it is M/M/M is a bonus for me. I was surprised that I hadn’t read any other titles from this author, and after reading this one I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more in the future. Ms. Elsborg created a unique world with Kaegan’s Inverkillen, one that captures the imagination while Kaegan, Pascal, and Aiden’s individual lives had my emotions running from one end of the scale to the other. The only downside I found was that at ...more
Sunne
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a charming, a bit over the top but totally unexpected story.
I admit, I expected something different. But I got a real fairy tale, with all the makings from bad mothers to love so bright, it really blinds you. Be prepared for slow burn though ;)
I really loved reading this story.
Bibliophile
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A fun holiday story read.
BR11
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommend!
Josh Dale
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has weaved her magic once more. The way we are introduced to the three MC as boys, each living their own nightmare of a life. Each needing to be loved. All three men are struggling with their lives.
I loved each character’s love and strength they have shown, which shines through as they accidently meet one on one in London, not knowing that their lives will be changed for ever in the near future.

Keagan is a fairy that has left fairyland to escape his evil brother and mother He first
Sadonna
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review and lots of other great stuff can be found at Love Bytes Reviews

Warning: Descriptions of violence, child and domestic abuse and suicidal ideation.

Aiden has had a VERY rough start in life. He’s an unwanted child with a disability who is abused by his mother. Pascal is a young man who experience a traumatic event as a child that has changed him forever. He has a difficult relationship with his family which he has just about irreparably damaged. Kaegan is a very powerful faerie – the
Kendra T
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kaegan is a faerie who escapes from his home. He ends up in London where he separately meets Aiden and Pascal. It takes a while, but after leaving hints of where to find him, they both make their way to his earthbound home in Scotland. There is drama surrounding Kaegan's brother, Pascal gets trapped in a magic world, and lots is found out about Aiden's past. Together, though, they find comfort and love with each other, and it was beautiful.

This was an interesting story but seemed very long. GR
Lucy
Barbara Elsborg is one of those authors i've been meaning to read for ages so as soon as I saw she had a holiday book coming out I knew I had to pick it up. I actually went into this one totally blind so imagine my surprise when I found out it was a menage romance but I was so here for it.

This is definitely a slower read. I noticed some reviewers had a problem with the pacing and whilst it didn't put me off I did find myself surprised when it got to 50% of the way through and our three MC's
Wende
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I took one star off for the beginning. I hate to say it but I almost dnf. I was not liking it at all there for the first two hours of reading. If it had not been a buddy read I would have gave up on it. I am glad I didn't. It is a book that made me cry buckets and hurt me so much. Just ended up loving all three.
Bev
Never actually thought these words would ever leave my mouth, but I just can't get into this Barbara Elsborg story. I'm not in love with the characters and the story seems disjointed to me, so it's a 'me not you' story and I'll move on to other things. Not rated.
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Faerie Story by Barbara Elsborg is a magical and wonderous story that captures your attention and heart and makes you care about these characters and their fate. These three men are fantastic characters and their story is well written, descriptive and wonderful.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
Unfortunately this book didn't vibe with my vibes.
WHY do any poly books I read include damaged MC's? Why can't there just be some regular Joe's just wanting to be in a multi-committed relationship? I really couldn't get through all the drama, ESPECIALLY with Kaegan's brother Hernes. It was to OTT for me.

So this is a DNG for me, with no rating because I don't necessarily think it was bad, just not for me.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • A Villain for Christmas
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Where Love Grows
  • Flash Rip
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
Barbara Elsborg lives in Kent in the south of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Volcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children and