Start by marking “Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 1

Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 1

Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 1 is a collection of five flash fiction stories exploring the connections that can hold people together or tear them apart. Like most families, the relationships in this uplifting collection consist of intricate elements. Sometimes things get messy, but it’s always beautiful. Read each story in about 5 minutes and get Volume 2 of the c ...more
Published November 5th 2019 by Fiction Physician, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful, Complicated Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful, Complicated Family

Start your review of Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 1
Kelly Long
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, fiction, netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is Volume 1 of these flash fiction stories. Each is the perfect length for someone who doesn't have time to get deeply involved in a novel or even a short story. Flash fiction is new to me and for me, it takes getting used to because I feel like each story is just the brief overview of a much longer book. But I do like these stories.
Meredith
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I took this book on vacation because I tend to get a headache while reading in cars and on airplanes (which is a bummer because that's prime reading time!), so I figured a short story collection would be idea. I was so captivated by Rosey Lee's writing, however, that I got caught up in the five stories before my first flight ended!

Disclaimer: short story collections are hit or miss for me. I either love them so much and wish they were a full-fledged story or they fail to capture my a
Tracy Wood
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
This is a very quick read but none the less enjoyable because of it. The five flash fiction stories are about family but not the same one in each. Written to make you smile and feel good, none will set the world alight but all will make you grateful for the gift of those you love most, whether they are related to you or not.

I was  able to read an advanced copy of this book thanks to NetGalley and the publishers in exchange for an unbiased review and would recommend it to anyone who e
Mary Jane
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Swift and intriguing. This is a wonderful example of flash fiction at its best. With believable characters, relatable situational stories, tears and laugh out loud moments, it is hard to put down. You can’t help feel warmed by the familiarity of each character as their unique story unfolds. Even the twist at the end makes you feel rewarded and eager to dive in to the next one. Rosey Lee delivers each story with ease and in language that is as comfortable your favourite slippers. An easy book to ...more
Holly (Texan Girl Reviews)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this collection of short stories to be totally relatable and perfect for that need to read something good in a short amount of time! Each five stories tells the story of love, loss and heartbreak in a quick 5 minute read that you can devour all at once or during those moments that you just a quick read! I don't want to spoil too much of each story but by the end of each story, you will be left wanting more!!

Thank You to Rosey Lee for this good short story collection that each
Sue
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: flash-fiction
Flash Fiction is new to me. The definition is that its fiction of a type characterized by being very short, typically consisting of only a few hundred words. I normally read novels along with a few novellas but I found flash fiction very enjoyable.

All of these stories are quick reads some of them will make you laugh out loud and some will bring tears to your eyes. I highly recommend these flash fiction stories for you to read when you don't have a lot of time. I'll definitely search
Vnunez-Ms_luv2read
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Quick reads but very good. I really enjoyed the story about the daughter and her mother. What a warm, cute ending. I enjoyed all the stories. Thanks to Netgalley, the author and the publisher for the arc of this book in return for my honest review. Receiving the book in this manner had no bearing on my review.
Shenanigan
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A book of five flash fiction stories, each about a different family. Flash fiction is new for me and I just can't really get into it. I appreciate a quick read but I felt like I had just read the back cover for each of these stories. Out of the five, I enjoyed Gran's Return & To Establish Care.
Hope Ferdowsian
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, Complicated Family is a lovely collection of flash fiction—very short stories that pack a lot of punch. If you're looking for a quick, inspiring, and fun read, this is it. There's also a Volume 2, and I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
gifta alvina
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
The book consists of five short stories telling fragments about family dynamics. I enjoy the author's writing styles and love the premise of ech stories. Yet, I feel that the stories is too short, sometimes with no closure at the end.

Thank you netgalley for providing the arc.
Pam Chantrell
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet set of short stories about a variety of different family circumstances. A short read/collection of short stories but gives pause for thought.
Jo

• McDuff Moves In
  • Stay
  • Escaping The Asylum: A creative journey towards liberation
  • Revenge
  • My Unedited Writing Year: 365 Invitations to Free Your Creativity and the Writer Within
  • This Book Will Make You Fall Asleep
  • Witches Protection Program
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • The Mrs. Frollein Collection: Small Hours
  • Snatched
  • Buddy: The Heartwarming Story of a Very Special Rescue
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my page. I write contemporary fiction/women's fiction. My stories are usually about relationships between family members and friends – the ups, the down, and everything in between. Most of us are dealing with heavy things in real life, so I try to make my stories hopeful but real. My author’s tagline - Uplifting stories with a little bit of hope, faith, and love.

A littl