Start by marking “Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet, #1)

Rock Star, Interrupted

(Tragic Duet #1)

Published (first published October 29th 2019)

Start your review of Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet, #1)
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 29, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Rock Star Romance | Book 1 in the Duet

Buckle up and brace yourself because the ending of Rock Star, Interrupted is a doozy! WHOA! I know to always expect some messed up endings when it comes to duets- the cliffhangers are always killer- but this one?!!? I can't EVEN! Why S.M. Shade had to leave me hanging like this is seriously messing with my head right now and if I didn't have a house full of people I would probably thro/>/>
DW
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is there anything that Shade can’t write? Seriously that woman can write anything.

I happen to be a sucker for rockstars so I knew that I would love it and man did I love Axton.

I also really love Naomi and Caden. How perfect!!

I’m ready for book 2!!!
Debbie Turk
O.M.G That Ending💥😲 A Fabulously Sexy & Tension Filled Read!!🔥😍🎤🎶🎸
Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet Book 1)

I was picked up & swept away by this new Rock Star read.🎤🎶🎸 Axton & his band 'Tragic' are just hitting it big when his life is altered forever by a phone call!!😳 He wants to carry on as if nothing has changed & hires Naomi as his live-in Nanny, she'll also go on tour with them too!🚎✈ He won't abandon his responsibilities but wants his life to stay the sam
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Omg! I was not expecting that! This is my first book to read by this author and will certainly not be my last. I need book 2 now!!!
Ariadna Basulto
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S.M. Shade is trying to kill me with that ending. HOLY FORKING SHIRT! Like, I cannot even with this ending. I need the next book so badly! I must know what happens with Axton and Naomi and I must know now! *insert dying emoji face here* I’m a sucker for rockstar romances and I flipping loved this book!

I love me some broken and broody characters and Axton was that and more. He’s our hero and rockstar in the story. The man clearly has issues and demons he’s fighting. Add to that a newly found bab
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
What in the living hell?!? OMFG!
The ending/cliffhanger was unbelievable! OMG!
I can’t even process all that came out!
I need to shout! Hit something...SEND HELP!
SHANNON SHADE what have you done?!?
It’s not fair... I need the conclusion.
Axton took a bit to understand and connect with but now I’m hooked on him.
Naomi was so perfect...I guess not everything is as it seems.
Ughhh..please just grab this book and read it. It’s effing perfect.

~BREAKDOWN OF R
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
This book was AMAZING! Musician romance is in my top five favorite romance sub-genres but this one was written by S.M. Shade so I would have given this one a try for that reason alone. Everything I've ever read by her has hooked me and had me thoroughly impressed. And once again, this book shows why she's becoming a must read author for me.

This story had so much I loved about it. First was a broody hero with secrets in his past that I look forward to uncovering. Some of them were clearly heartbreaking
Yvonne Eason
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S. M Shade is a god. Need I say more!

Ax is an up and coming rock star with a past that keeps coming back to haunt him. He is about to start a tour when he is hit a curve ball that he has a son and his life is turned upside down. Needing to hire a nanny Naiomi comes into his life.

Naomi is strong and doesn't take much crap from Ax, she tells him as it is when he over steps the boundaries but the sexual tension between them is smoking. Will they give into temptation? Can she
Jami Kehr
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy S--t!! This book.... What a crazy ride!

Have you ever read a book and got that feeling in your upper chest. When your heart breaks so hard, it physically hurts... Yep that's gonna happening while you read this one.

Naomi is a strong heroine. She is loveable, kind, smart and sassy. She doesn't take crap from any one. Including the rock star God she's working for.

Axton Todd.. even his name screams Hot Rock Star! He's the mysterious, moody, sexy as all get out, lead singer for the
Julia Wolf
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first S.M. Shade book, but I'm such a sucker for rock stars, I had to check it out. And that cover? It drew me right in and fits perfectly with the story.

Ax is the lead singer of a newly successful band. He's leaning in hard to the rock star lifestyle, has no intention of slowing down, even when he finds out he's the dad of a 10-month-old baby. At first, I hated this man. I understood his fear, not wanting to change, but he made me angry. He didn't want anything to do wit
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

OH MY GOSH! HOLY SMOKES! ALL THE YESES! Y'all my heart is still racing, palms are still sweating, and I'm so cursing under my breath. .. after finishing this explosive romance and all I can think about now is how this book ended (THAT ENDING. THAT TWIST. I got nothing y'all!) and when is the next in this duet is coming out!?

S.M. Shade is brand spanking new to me and what a way to pop my cherry than with a killer, unputdownable rock star romance. I've heard a loooo
Kylee
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rockstar Interrupted is the first part to the Tragic Duet and this story will draw you in with the erratic beat as Axton’s life is thrown into chaos with an unexpected arrival. As changes are coming hard and fast Axton is confronted with emotions he doesn’t like to deal with. Naomi is fiesty and doesn’t hold back and the broody rockstar is torn between loving and hating this new addition to his world. As danger lurks both in reality and in his nightmares Axton does everything to protect himself ...more
Karen
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Caden (Hachet)!!! Axton and Naomi are super interesting characters leaving us with a cliffhanger. One star off for having to wait!!

I don't love Axton quite yet...he's obviously a rising rockstar feeling entitled to the lifestyle but finds out he's a father and the mother died leaving him a surprise. Caden is ten months old. A nanny is found through an agency.

It's a rough go of it for awhile. Axton was not thrilled about being a parent and there are apparently ghosts of his pa
Andrea
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew going in this would probably be one of those stories that leaves your head spinning, but holy cow. It has a cliffhanger that left me dazed. The characters are so real, and their lives are so real, that you feel like you've stepped into their world. Axton is something else. He has that attitude you expect from a sexy rock star, but of course there is more than meets the eye. Doesn't mean he doesn't make you angry! Naomi is someone Ax needs desperately. She has to put up with Ax and take ca ...more
Cali Gals
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rock Star, Interrupted is book one of a duet! Yep, that means just what the sentence implies, CLIFFHANGER! Geesh this author is QUEEN of them.

If you have read this author before then you will completely understand that her cliffies are NEVER done in an understated fashion. What am I trying to say here? Buckle up and hang on cause this story is gonna take you on a ride. Wink!

Another thing I love about Ms. Shades style of writing, is you know you are missing facts that will give you greater unde
Pamela
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Axton is the lead singer of the band Tragic that is just taking off. A phone call will change his life forever. He has a ten month old son named Caden. He hires Naomi to be a live-in nanny and to go on tour with the band. Axton doesn't want his life to change but he can't abandon his responsibility to his son. There is a slow burn attraction between Axton and Naomi going on. Naomi stands up to Axton and puts him in his place about Caden and how he is doing as a father. The cliffhanger ending is ...more
Melissa Derda
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know what to say about that ending. I will say I loved Naomi and Axton. I loved that although they happened quickly, there was a nice buildup of their anger towards each other and some hot chemistry between them. I finished several minutes ago and my head still can’t wrap around the craziness of those last few chapters. I will be very impatiently waiting for the conclusion of this rock star duet.
Kelly Green
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So... that just happened! I ended the book with my heart pounding so hard. Axton and Naomi are seriously hot.... and then cold... and then hot again. Ugh! I love them! And Caden is just so freaking cute! I am waiting on pins and needles to get the next book.... that ending! Left me asking so many questions! Such a great read. And it was with an ending that I didn't see coming at all!
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cliffy I was not expecting...

I have been left jaw dropped and stunned.
I seriously have no words. It was better than great. I need the rest like yesterday. That cliffy has me mad. The characters have me hooked. Storyline is everything I needed. That cliffy ugh I already said something about it.

When
Is
The
Rest
Coming!?
Jamie Ellis
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry....really??

So many questions and things not adding up with this ending. I devoured this book and hopefully not to long of wait for the conclusion.
I recommend this book
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Stefanie
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a Duet and let me tell you, you definitely need to read it. Amazing characters, and story line. As always SM Shade wrote a great story that just sucked me in from the very beginning. That ending too, just wow! I can't wait to get my hands on book 2 because that cliff hanger is a killer.
Theresa O'Reilly
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books of 2019!!!!!!!
Sarah Pie
Shelves: favorites
I don't even know where to begin because SM Shade left me for dead with that ending!!

But seriously, Rock Star, Interrupted is one hell of an angsty, emotional, fast paced ride that will leave you begging for more. Literally.

And baby Caden will melt your heart. I just wanted to give him all the cuddles!!
Julie
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ax, Naomi and baby Caden makes way for a fabulous rock star romance. And since it’s S.M. Shade you know she’s going to mess with your emotions.

So, right off the bat, Ax is an ass, but he’s a hot rockstar, with a complicated past so of course you know there’d never be any kind of drama with the nanny he hires for the baby he just found out about.

And then there’s Naomi, former teacher looking for a change, falls in love with baby Caden, of course she’d never fall for her boss... Oh, but is she k
Rebecca Austin
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trsor, review-author
Axton Todd is the lead singer in the up and coming band Tragic and just as his band is beginning to get the recognition they deserve his life is turned upside down when he discovers that he has a son and the mother has passed away. Now Axton must find someone to help care for Caden as he has tours coming up that he has worked so hard for and doesn't want to give up.

Naomi Wells is becoming a nanny to have some consistency in her life yet she has no idea what she is getting into when s
KFForever
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
KFForever

Reviewed by Tracey Lou on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

This was the first book I have read by this author and it's also my favourite genre. So, to say I was super excited was an understatement. Give me a hot, moody rock star and I'm a fan for life.

Axton is your typical hot rocker. He rocks hard, plays even harder and everyone wants a piece of him. Sometimes when the opportunity arises, he'll partake. He wouldn't be human if he didn't. However, life is about to throw him a huge curveball, som
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rock Star ,Interrupted by S.M .Shade was a sweet and sexy story with a healthy dose of heartbreak and angst. You will get everything that you expect from a rockstar romance. Bad boy and sexy as sin Rockstar with arrogance, attitude and baggages. A surprise baby who will win your heart. And the nanany; a beautiful and strong woman caught in the web of attraction, glamour and danger that is going to turn their lives upside down.

This is the first book of the duet and it ends with a cliffhanger.
Michelle Austin
description

Rock Star, Interrupted was a great 5+ star read and book one in the Tragic Duet series.

All I can say is, you are killing me S.M. Shade, how can you end it like that. Now I’m impatiently waiting for the next book in the series. I have to say this is one of the best rock star reads I have had in my hands in awhile
Faith  From TBRP Blog
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**Please note, I was given an ARC for each of these books for an honest review of them. These reviews are my own thoughts and feelings and I have had no financial compensation to provide these reviews to you**

It has been several days since I’ve read this book and I still have a tiny book hangover. This book hit me so hard. I was going along, enjoying the book until the last few chapters..then BAM! Cliffhanger (which I knew there would be one) and shock (which took me completely by su
Kelly
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2-blog
An addicting story with great characters

Book 1 of the Tragic Duet, I’ve been a fan of this author for a while now, and rockstar romance is one of my favorite genres, so when I heard about this new book, it was a no brainer to move it to the top of my TBR pile.

We know right away that Axton has issues with his father, so when his inner a-hole comes out when he finds out he has a child of his own, it was clear that his behavior was to mask his fears. Naomi is calm and practical, and I loved how sh
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm a full time author who is hopelessly addicted to iced coffee, love stories, sunshine, and men with full sexy lips, though not necessarily in that order. A voracious reader since I sounded out my first word, I started writing as a teenager and rediscovered my love of writing as an adult. Originally from Indianapolis, I now live in a small Kentucky town with my college age son.

Tragic Duet (2 books)
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)