Start by marking “Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil Book 1)

Devil's Dream

(Shade of Devil #1)

The greatest trick the First Vampire ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

Before the now-infamous Count Dracula ever tasted his first drop of blood, Sorin Ambrogio owned the night...and now he's back.
Fleeing Europe and starting a new chapter in his diary of death--one not written in blood--Sorin finds new meaning to his life when he is adopted into a
Published October 28th 2019 by Argento Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil's Dream

Start your review of Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil Book 1)
Larry Tushman
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This new series by Shayne Silvers starts as a blast. Rich backstory, great characters, intense action, and humor explode off of the page, giving the reader a hell of a ride. I loved seeing all of these moving parts weaving this tapestry together. And, as one would expect, the author turns known mythologies on their head. This series is going to be fun. Excellent book 1!
Penny
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a fan of the Templeverse for years, and I was excited to see the author was going to write another series. I admit to vampries not being my favorite paranormal creature, but this seemed like an original take. And, it really was. Sorin, or the Devil as he was known, made Dracula many, many years ago, but Sorin got tired of the rat race, so to speak, and left to go to the New World. What follows is an intriguing adventure, very different from the Templeverse but still the great writing w ...more
Adrienne McFarlane
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goosebumps. I was hesitant about this book because I had concerns that Mr. Silvers would write something too similar to his Templeverse. I was wrong to worry. This story is fresh, exciting and different. It is difficult to find different done well, and here it is done superbly.

The cast of characters is strong and witty. Mr. Silvers’ trademark banter and humour is interwoven in a story with depth. The longer I read, the more I wanted to. Can’t wait for the next book in the series.
Kimm Reilly
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The legends are lies

Dracula, the First vampire... or not.
Meet Sorin. The *true* first vampire, aka the Devil. Creator of Dracula, bestower of lands, giver of titles. And one very, very pissed off vamp.
When a healing spell goes awry Sorin finds himself awakening 500 years too late. Too late to avenge his family, too late to save his child but just in time to seek revenge on Dracula’s forces and maybe just in time to help protect what little remains of his tribe.
Sorin’s reac
Paige Guido
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can say very little about the actual story in this review that wouldn’t be a spoiler, given this is the debut of a brand-new series. But I can rave about it!
I already love Shayne Silvers’ writing, and have read every word he’s put out. In Devil’s Dream, he just gets even better. I’m madly in love with Sorin Ambrogio, my new favorite vampire. This guy is all man, and quite comfortable with his monstrous nature.
Goodness, what isn’t in this book? There is definitely blood, buckets of
Jason Frowde
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Story with a whole lot of Bite!

I love a good Vampire tale, but more often than not these days our vamp Heroes are portrayed as brooding, love sick weaklings that shy away from blood.

Shade of Devil Takes a departure from that new stereotype and introduces Sorin the First Vampire. He is unapologetically a vampire. He loves blood, he loves himself and he loves is enemy's head on a spike

The book takes you to a world were Sorin is wakes up 500 after he was put into a hea
Sara Branson
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dracula Who? Never heard of her...

Shayne Silvers has defied the odds and stepped out of his wildly popular and addictive Templeverse to bring us a fresh take on an old favorite--and has exceeded all expectations once again. Get ready to meet your new favorite vampire! Move over Lost Boys, Edward Cullen, Bill, and even Dracula...Sorin is in the castle! After an unplanned 500 year nap, Sorin wakes to betrayal and confusion as he must navigate the modern world in order to exact revenge
Rosemary
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Devil's Dream - a review by Rosemary Kenny

The original vampire, preceding even Dracula, crosses continents in times long past, forging a new life and family among the Native Indian inhabitants of North America, in what seems to be his new beginning and a chance to abandon and forget his previous blood-sucking ways.
When a horror from Sorin Ambrogio's past follows the exile to the New World, innocent blood flows like a river and claims the lives of all but Sorin and a single sham
Patty Keck
A Great New Series!!

What would you do after waking up from a 500 year sleep?  In modern day New York, and you were a vampire?  Not just a vampire, but the FIRST vampire, and Dracula had diligently worked to remove all trace of you from the world?  Please enter Shayne Silver’s new world, and be amazed, entertained, and maybe held captive for a while.  This book is a must ready, its fast-moving, entertaining, funny…too many to list.  It’s a true winner.  I loved it and want more!!!!
Lindy Studt
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Think you have heard it all about Vampires? Guess again. This is a brand new view into the life of a Vampire. Along for the ride are a Werewolf and a Warlock. Add in a mixture of a Native American Shaman, descendant of The Van Helsing, and a pack of Werewolves. The background is New York City. The time frame is 1400 to 2019. This is just the beginning, because there are two more episodes. I wish the whole series were available right now. This is the perfect time of the year for a wild ride. Enjo ...more
Brett Wickersham
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You always thought Dracula was the first vampire. You thought wrong, and that's just the way Sorin wants it. Welcome to a newly visioned world, that takes the vampire lore you thought you knew, and twists it just a bit. This new series by Shayne Silvers is full of the twists, turns quips and quotes that you expect. It is a different ride, but it feels like a familiar friend. Definitely leaves you interested in the next one.
Saliassar
Oops he did it again...

Ok, im a fan of the Templeverse. And of Calli. And now... Sorin. A well crafted story that has twists, turns, and plenty of snark and laughs if you know where to look. Master Silvers has once again taken legends and molded them into something new and fresh. All i have to say is this.... you did it again you mothersucker lolol cant wait for the next book, keep up the good work!!!
Samantha Rooney
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Shayne Silvers. Its said that history is written by the victors. Dracula is gonna regret trying to write the world’s first vampire, Sorin Ambrogio, out of the history books. Sorin wakes in the modern day to ensure Dracula regrets failing to kill Sorin and ensure good manners are used while doing it
Cathal Duffy
Not the usual vampire story.... a truly unique take!!

Another fantastic read! This new series starts off pulling at heartstrings, gets into the nitty gritty of survival, provides plenty of comedic relief, and leaves you grabbing for more! I am thrilled with the main character Sorin, and can’t wait to see where this series takes us! Love it!!
Ken Robson
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So who came before Dracula?
Meet the "Devil", the original vampire who turned Dracula.
He was asleep for hundreds of years and is now back and wants to kill Dracula.

An exciting and powerful new series from Shayne.

I received an arc copy of this book.
Jasmine Breeden
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love old to current books

You might think it's just another vampire novel but it's not. I love when people have to go centuries through time and the explanations they have for the current stuff. Enjoy the story
Helen Cotgreave
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once Bitten there will be no going back

Shayne Silvers is a very talented Author and the 1st installment for his new series is of the high standard writing this speedy writer excels at.

Enjoy the story and thirst for more
Renee Penn
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My my my Sorin is something to behold. Devils Dream is a must read. This book is one of my new favorites. Action, snark and a little sauciness thrown in!! Love love love this book. Thank you Shayne Silvers!!
Stephanie Merrittt
Awesome Adventure

Universal Studios would have hired Shayne Silvers if they really wanted to start the Dark Universe. Can't wait for the next movie...I mean book. Can't wait for the next book.
Debbie
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Another great book by Shayne! It keeps you wanting more!! Kudos Shayne!
Grant Merrifield
Good book

Get start of a new series I was so enthralled it was over before I knew it,
Greatly looking forward to the next book. I recommend this series.
Diana
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of a new series by Shayne Silvers and WOW! It’s great. A must read for everyone. Read it and learn about the TRUE first vampire. You’ll love him and his friends. Enjoy.
Helen Wawrejko
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The worlds first vampire, Soren, had tired of the blood and death in Europe. Hastening to the new world with his 2 friends, he leaves his empire to his first turned child, Dracula. No good deed goes unpunished. New series. Lots of action, vampire gore, werewolves, and tomahawks. Good read. Buy it.
Michael Gruber
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Looks like Shayne Silvers has another hit series. Looking forward to book 2.
Oct 30, 2019 added it
Great story

I love all of the books in the Templeverse, the universe created by Mr. Silvers to house Nate Temple and his crew of crazy cohorts. As far as I'm aware, this is Mr. Silver's first foray into something quasi-historical. Sadly, although it's a great story with engaging characters, he fails to stick the landing on the historical front. Sorin is a compelling character, but he isn't a convincing historical character. His language and syntax aren't consistent with someone who has never
Kimberly
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was sooo good, I couldn't put it down. The world building and unique characters are done so well, I love that I could easily imagine the scenes playing out in my mind. My favorite characters are Sorin, Victoria, Benjamin, Dr. Frances and Renfield, they just add so much. Dracula has done unforgivable deeds against Sorin and now Sorin is out for vengeance. A war is brewing and Sorin is gathering allies, carefully planning his steps and getting stronger. Vengeance will be a long and ...more
Michael Brown
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an outstanding way to start a new series. Shayne Silvers has outdone himself with this one.
He has taken a classic and put his own spin and twist on the tale of Dracula, this story is about Draculas maker!!

Sorin Ambrogio is out for vengeance, a few hundred years later than planned, maybe so, but he adapts quickly to his new modern surroundings and well your gonna have to read it coz spoilers. The only downside is that that book ends!

Shayne Silvers stepped out of the Temple
Judi S.
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
This review is not going to be popular. I'm aware of that. However, I always swore I'd give an honest review and I'm not going to change that now.

This, while a fun story, was not what I expect from Shayne. His Nate Temple, Feathers and Fire and Phantom Queen Diaries series are all excellent series written with an amazing skill. Devil's Dream, not so much.

The story of Dracula, vampires, the influx of vampires in the Americas, all these things have been told before. In many
Cara Smith
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I suck a reviews. No two people appreciate the same things in a book the same way. I might laugh at a joke that goes right over someone else's head. That being said, there's something for everyone to appreciate it this book. The characters jump off the pages and come to life in your mind. You can picture the settings like you're right there beside Sorin and his companions. You see the world through new eyes and laugh at things that you wouldn't even have thought were funny before. This book was ...more
Liz Moriarty
Shelves: shayne-silvers
This is a new series for Shayne Silvers and it is amazing. It is witty, poetic and very fast paced!

I love that this is the oldest and first ever vampire and he is regretful, charming, human..

The rapport with the wolves and other key players - so smooth..

I do see an opportunity to see this linked to the more recent Templeverse books. I wonder if that is the intention ?

I really want that second book today...

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Reaping Wind: A Montague & Strong Detective Novel (Montague & Strong Case Files Book 9)
  • The Ferocious Force (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont Book 8)
  • Druid Apprentice: A New Adult Urban Fantasy Novel (The Colin McCool Paranormal Suspense Series Book 9)
  • Hunted
  • The Unrelenting Fighter (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont Book 7)
  • Amazing Grace (Fairy Tales of a Trailer Park Queen, #15)
  • Sinister: Unsanctified
  • Vampin' Ain't Easy (Legend of the Vampire Reject, #1)
  • Cross Breed (Breeds, #23)
  • The Triumphant Daughter (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #4)
  • The Stubborn Advocate (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont Book 6)
  • The Loyal Friend (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont Book 5)
  • The Defiant Magician (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #3)
  • Druid Bond (Prof Croft Book #7)
  • Sheepdog (Gideon Shepherd Thrillers #1)
  • AFTERMATH-Decons and Magical Nulls-Elite Division Book 1: The Untold Stories of the DAMNED
  • Sinister: Unsacred
  • Drowning In The Dark (The Veil Series, #4)
Let's cut to the chase. You read stuff. I write stuff. So, If you want to nab a few of my free Amazon Best Selling Urban Fantasy books to test the waters, go here: http://www.shaynesilvers.com

Now, let's talk about this specimen of a man named Shayne...

Shayne Silvers writes the "Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Series" which features a foul-mouthed, flawed, young wizard with a chip on his shoulder attempting to

Shade of Devil (3 books)
  • Devil's Cry (Shade of Devil Book 2)
  • Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)
“It’s a picture,” Nosh explained, grinning at my innocence. “This is a phone. It’s made of metal, plastic, and glass. I can use it to call people over long distances. Or find answers to questions. Or directions to go places. Or to order food.”

I blinked, dumbfounded. “A demon familiar…” I breathed. I snatched it back from his hand and held it to my mouth. “Bring me blood, demon. Your master is thirsty.” I pulled the phone away and stared at it, wondering where the food would appear.”
0 likes