Start by marking “Darkest Night (Nuclear Dawn #5)” as Want to Read:
Darkest Night (Nuclear Dawn #5)

Darkest Night

(Nuclear Dawn #5)

The end is near...

The lives of everyone they love are on the line. The stakes couldn't be higher.

Will they have what it takes? Or will the cost of victory be too terrible to bear?

Darkest Night is the final book in the riveting Nuclear Dawn
Published September 14th 2019 by Paper Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Darkest Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkest Night

Start your review of Darkest Night (Nuclear Dawn #5)
Nisareen
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I am coming for you Maddox. I’m going to kill your father. I am going to kill the Prophet. And then, I am going to kill you.”

Dakota is finally forced to confront her past when she sets out to rescue Eden from the clutches of the Soldiers of Mercy. With the cult intent on carrying out the final phase of their diabolical plan, can Dakota and her team succeed in extricating Eden in time and thwart another attack on US soil?

Darkest Night is the fifth and final instalment of the Nuclear Dawn
Beverly Laude
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, apocalyptic, 2020
This has been a great series and this conclusion just couldn't get better! After 13 cities in the US are decimated by nuclear bombs, survivors are just trying to get their lives back to normal. Unfortunately, for some survivors, normal isn't such a good thing.

Dakota Sloane and her younger sister, Eden, have escaped from a fanatical religious cult and had been living in Miami when the bombs hit. Dakota will risk everything to keep Eden safe. However, Maddox Cage and the Shepherds are equally
XR
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
What a bittersweet ending!

Like all the others in the Nuclear Dawn series, there was a lot of action in this book which made the time reading seem to go by quickly.
Teresa
Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1945410426/...
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Nuclear Dawn 5
The end is near...are you ready? Logan and Dakota must prepare for the fight of their lives in order to defeat an enemy more powerful than they've ever faced. The lives of everyone they love are on the line. The fate of the country hangs in the balance. The stakes couldn't be higher. Will they have what it takes? Or
Lisa
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kyla Stone has done it, again! Don't miss this awesome wrap up to the Nuclear Dawn series! This is book 5, and the final installment, unfortunately. I've fallen in love with these wonderfully fleshed out characters and am sad to see their stories end.

Find out what happens when Dakota, Logan, and company, try to rescue their own, with some aid from Hawthorne and his team. Will they be able to bring down the Prophet once and for all? Will Eden ever be secure enough in herself to go against her
Kaye
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE EXPLOSIVE CONCLUSION!!!
Intense and captivating! Kyla hits this baby out da park with this nerve racking, action packed, heart pounding, pulse racing, page flipping dynamo. A tightly spinning vortex of vexing circumstances and a bevy of contingent events launch this baby into a tailspin with surprising impacts. The drama, uncertainty, intrigue, danger and suspense keep you riveted on a razors edge. Toss in uncertainty, spine tingling and perplexing situations along with the turmoil and
Jeff
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally! The story is complete. It has taken Kyla Stone 5 books to tell one story...and that's too much. There are many, many places where the story drags out far too long. Where the action should be fast-paced, the story simply crawls. It makes one say, "Alright, already. Get on with it!" Also, the story is far too contrived to be realistic.

The characters are compelling and Stacey Glemboski performs them well. She gives distinctive voices to the characters and delivers an excellent performance
Smiling_dragon
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Donna
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an exciting story! I was on the edge of my recliner wondering who was going to survive and who would not.
I mostly feared for Eden. This series was the best story I have read by Kyla Stone and this final entry was exciting from start to finish. Just like all the books in this series. I did listen to this series and it has excellent narration so give it a try.

No spoilers here. You must read this series, the entire story full of action and excitement.
I was sad to see it end, but it was
Jenny
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a finale! We thought we knew the characters, but they still had the ability to surprise us.
This is certainly an author who knows how to write well rounded, complex characters. Yet also, she is very good at writing action sequences, and getting the correct balance of the two things throughout this book, and the whole series. It was satisfying to see how each of the characters arcs developed and finished, of both those we loved and those we loathed.
It is always sad to come to the end of a
David Taylor
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Night the fifth book in the Nuclear Dawn series doesn’t disappoint when it comes to action and intrigue. Dakota and her remaining compadres take on the Prophet and his army. To avoid providing any spoilers I won’t share details other than to say not all goes how everyone hopes. While it is nice to finish the series, to bid adieu to these characters after investing so much time following them on their adventures is bittersweet. Once again Stacy Glemboski does an excellent job of bringing ...more
Gilda
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had refused to read book 4 earlier, because I wanted to be sure that I wouldn't have to wait another month for this last instalment. So, as soon as Darkest Night was released, I resumed the series and it didn't disappoint: I couldn't put down neither #4 nor #5 until I got to the last pages. What a roller coaster!
Of course, I'd love to follow the characters to the Everglades. I'm sure there would be lots to report until life eventually found its normal track...
Michelle
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book on Audible. This is the final book in the Nuclear Dawn series and it is a fitting conclusion to the series. I loved the sad/happy ending, the tension throughout most of the book and the sheer amount of emotion which came across really well. The narrator did an outstanding performance again. I won’t give any of the storyline away & spoil it. It has been a pleasure listening to this series.
James Evans
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Speechless!

If anyone wants to know my opinion about this series, just read the authors afterwords. For those who might not have read the series, the author brings the characters to life and makes them unforgettable. Also, I agree, our country is in much more danger of being destroyed from within than from foreign powers.

Alisa
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best yet

This is absolutely the best book Kyla Stone has written. Don't get me wrong all of her books are definitely worth picking up, but this one just has that something else. The characters continue to grow and extend themselves. The storylines all come together. But just like in life the "tied up nicely with a pretty red bow" doesn't mean exactly what you expect.
Randi
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best books on awhile

I couldn't put it down, not just this book, the whole dang set! Kyle Stove wove the story into ever nightmare you've ever had and you can't stop reading! All the characters along the way were real. You laughed with them, cried with them and cried for them.
This was my first and not my last set of books by Kyle Stone....Brava. It was great.
Pam Shelton-Anderson
This was a very good final book to a great series. Throughout the writing style and editing has been very solid as has been the character development. I had been concerned that the Shepherd story line was submerging the nuclear disaster one until I figured out how connected that it was. Very well done tale.
Brian
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Gripping, tense, action, pathos, also at times warm and heart wrenching

This entire series has earned itself 5 STARS, and each book within the series also earned 5 STARS. Kayla Stone has great talent, skill and writes one hell of an entertaining read. Not too many authors get on my Favourites List, but Kyla Stone and her works is now on it.
lisa hamer
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fabulous

I was recommended this series by another author Christopher Artinian on his Facebook page. I thought it must be worth trying if recommended by another author. He is right, a really great series and I couldn't put my kindle down. Off to read more from this author now.
doreen
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
OK, I really liked this series. Wasn't sure I would but it hooked me. My only complaint is I wanted more in the end. In my opinion there could be another book. I want to know more about the characters and what happens next? I really liked the writing style from this author and I will read more books from her.
richard b. rupe
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Truly excellent story telling. Enjoyed the character development. Although the premise of sneaking that much nuclear material into the country was thin it still made for good reading.

James L Pagano
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

I am really glad that you didn't kill off everyone. The survivors are being reunited with each other and hope is going to be great . Thank you for your books and series and will continue to read more from you.
Louise
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
and

I rated this with 5 stars because it ended the series with the same intensity that all the other books have. The characters become your friends and the situation becomes part of your life. Thank you Kyla for your great writing ability and for the hours of entertainment.
Manfred
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An epic ending to this fantastic series. Dakota and Logan face The Shepherds in the swamps of Florida and reveal who was behind the attacks on 13 major US cities. A hint: wasn't muslim terrorists. The enemy lives deep within the US.
Debbie Poole
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Darkest night

Loved this series and characters. A lot of action and some sadness,brought tears to my eyes a few times.hated to see it end. But all good things end.well worth the read.
Tammy R. Blackwell
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. Dakota and Logan's struggle to survive in the present and overcome there past had me rooting for them.
Anne - Marie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Night

Really enjoyed this book. Loved the character's they were strong and likeable. The plot was compelling and really gives you something to think about.
Vicky Quenault
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good end to a great series. Looking forward to what comes next for this author.
Leslie
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

Absolutely loved this series. The characters were really amazing.
I sure wish there was a follow up book for after the horror
B. Fleetwood
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent finale to a fast-paced exciting series. This author knows how to write gritty multi-dimensional characters and keeps the action fast and furious. Fantastic!

• Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • All That Survives (Lone Survivor #2)
  • All That Escapes (Lone Survivor #3)
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
  • Survive the Conflict (Small Town EMP #3)
  • All That Rises (Lone Survivor #4)
  • Uprising (Days of Want #4)
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor #1)
  • The Age of Defiance (The Age of Embers #5)
  • Survive the Aftermath (Small Town EMP #2)
  • The Shift (Geostorm #1)
  • The Age of Exodus (The Age of Embers #4)
  • End of Summer
  • The Ranch: A Legacy of Violence (The Legacy Series Book 2)
  • Eruption (Escaping Darkness, #1)
  • The Pulse (Geostorm #2)

Nuclear Dawn (5 books)
  • Point of Impact (Nuclear Dawn #1)
  • Fear the Fallout (Nuclear Dawn #2)
  • From the Ashes (Nuclear Dawn #3)
  • Into the Fire (Nuclear Dawn #4)