Start by marking “Weathernose” as Want to Read:
Weathernose

Weathernose

Kids are just too damn smart these days.

In the Cerulean Universe, the world is only just awakening to scientific discovery and invention. There’s no room for an old-fashioned weatherman like Tart Morning. And now, thanks to a ground-breaking invention called “the weathernose” – a machine that calculates weather predictions, Tart’s career is on the line. His only choice i
Published August 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Weathernose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weathernose

Start your review of Weathernose
Yusr Taibah
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the amazing writing style to the full of life characters to the surprising plot, This book was a fun and light read!!!! I highly recommend it if you're in for a joyous ride!
Eileen
What a fabulous little novella! I loved the cranky, lonely old weatherman and the arrogant child prodigy as they learn not only about each other, but about themselves! This was such a delightful short story and the ending left me wanting to read more about their future adventures together! I hope the author writes more stories about them. I can highly recommend this for anyone looking for a fun adventure!

Special thanks to #MaramTaibah and #BookSirens for this ARC in exchange for an h
Lujain
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Weathernose was an exceedingly fun read. I read it while I took my daughters to the park one day and it helped me decompress after a week full of adulting 🤣
I loved how it flowed and how real the characters were/are!
It was laugh out loud humor, lighthearted, and very colorful. It reminded me of my childhood and how seriously clueless adults are and that we are all human and that kindness matters.
As awesome and complete as it was, I pray there’s a sequel, maybe a deeper dive into that ceru
David Wilson
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In "The Weathernose," you will meet Tart, and Cypress. There are other characters, but these are the focus. One has always dreamed of sailing, but has worked as a weatherman all his life, a job he's "okay" at but that has driven him to solitude. Cyrpress is a prodigy who has replaced Tart through the invention of "The Weathernose," a much more accurate way to predict the weather. That is the backdrop. The meat of this story, though, told in a sort of Neil Gaimanish fashion like a parable, is the ...more
Angya
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
About the writer on most online platforms I could find can be cited as follows:

This already inspires me as a reader to grab Taibah’s book. With a life this interesting at a fairly young age, one would expect some interesting stories. And would not be disappointed.

But this is not why I picked up this/>Maram
Almelyn
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(got this book for free in BookSiren in exchange of an honest review)

Rating: 4.5/5
I really enjoyed the book. I love children's books, and I am quite sure that if you are also a fan of those, you would also like this.

Tart is an isolated 42 year old man who has forgotten what life is outside his island. He's already contented with being the weatherman. Along with his pet crow, Kra, he spends his time working on predicting the weather. It was what he always does, and he finds com
Alyssia Cooke
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful little book that will appeal to children and adults in equal measure. It's heart warming and poignant, a book full to the brim with whim and charm but not lacking for excellent characters or world building. Tart, a cynical weatherman, nineteen years on the job doing the same old routine day in and day out. Until Cypress comes along, inventor of the Weathernose and cause of his sudden employment. Child prodigy and boy does she know it.

By turns funny and moving, Wea
Megan
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Admittedly I didn't realize this was actually a novella, so I was a bit disconcerted when I looked down after a while and saw that I was 65% of the way through the book and it was going up with every page. There were some good points to this, I enjoyed seeing Tart and Cypress becoming friends, but I think it was a bit too easy to get there. Then again, I guess that's the point of it being a novella, eh? But I wish there had been more to it.

The character development is interesting. I
Lori
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received as an ARC, this is an honest review. Tart served as the island of Linett's only weatherman- accomplishing his job on a small island nearby. He loved the quiet life of watching the sea and sky, calculating forecasts and sending them through a portal pipe to Linett. Unfortunately, his life is completely uprooted by The Weathernose- a invention crafted by Cypress, a smart young girl who claims her machine can deliver the weather faster. With his job lost, Tart decides to take his and his a ...more
A Silent Bookworm (Jessica Parker)
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksirens
I received a free copy of this book through BookSirens in exchange for an honest, voluntary review.

This novella really annoyed me for half the book because it seemed like the children dictated the actions of the adults. For example, why is it up to the child whether the father gave someone a job in the bookstore? The parent should be the parent. Just because a child is smart, does not mean they should have a free for all. This is just one of a few examples. At the beginning, I sympat
Emma
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a free copy of this book via booksirens in exchange for an honest review.

I found this a really sweet and fun book. I love the writing style, it was melodic. The characters were great and very believable. Tart came across mostly as a bitter man but with good reason. Cyrpess seemed a little too adult at times, but it added to her arogance which came across well.

The story progressed well and I found it charming. I loved where it went and how it ended. I would read
Layth Sudairy
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Felt like i was a bird seeing all that was written:
Easy read, all of a sudden you stop reading the lines, and you become part of the story. Perhaps a bird flying over and seeing all that is written. A beautiful and light-hearted read for adults as well as children. The story flowed so smoothly, and the subtle humor in the character interactions was superb. The images I imagined were so colorful, saturated, and breathtaking. Would love to see it as a movie. 100% recommended
StarredPages
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A free copy of this book was given to me by booksirens in exchange for an honest review.

Weathernose is the story of a change of heart, a story of realising one's true dreams and forming friendships. This novella was written beautifully and the characters were wonderful to read about.

Read my full review here: https://starredpages.com/2019/11/10/w...
Nada Safwat
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book ressonated so much with me! I loved it very much! 💙💙💙 I found i have both Cypress and a Tart within me and it was so lovely to connect with both of them.
Dima Alashram
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cute, witty and fun novella! I finished it in one sitting. The minute you meet Tart you feel like you've known him for a long time, even though he exists in this made-up Cerulean universe that the author has weaved with absolute wit and skill.

This novella can easily be turned into a Pixar movie with all its light-hearted and fun events. The relationship between the main characters; Tart Morning and Cyprus Korkul, is developed in a smart and fun way. The author plants little su
Svetlana
Xstch3
Lisa Montejano
Clipinchick

• Who Moved My Cheese?
  • Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • The Demigod Diaries (The Heroes of Olympus)
  • Airman
  • The Magicians Convention
  • The Mrs. Frollein Collection: Small Hours
  • Big Nate: Blow the Roof Off!
  • Cranberry Halloween
  • Cranberry Christmas
  • Cranberry Valentine
  • Cranberry Thanksgiving
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People
  • War Girls (War Girls, #1)
  • The Little Prince
  • Camp Red Moon
  • The Weapon Takers Saga Books 1-3
  • Lost Mission (Oblivion Book 1)
Maram Taibah is an author and filmmaker from Saudi Arabia. Born in Montreal and raised in Riyadh, the harsh desert environment pushed her to escape into books at a very young age. Maram is an avid lover of fantasy. She's inspired by authors like Phillip Pullman and C.S.Lewis. She's the author of Weathernose and The Road to Elephants.

Maram is currently working on a fantasy novel.

Follow Maram on instagram: @maram.taibah