Start by marking “How I Almost Blew It” as Want to Read:
How I Almost Blew It

How I Almost Blew It

There’s never been a better time to be an entrepreneur. The market is flush with capital, and the internet and emerging technologies have lowered costs and nearly levelled the playing field. The Indian digital ecosystem is ready to explode. The romance of the start-up story fills media column inches.

But, for every new venture that made it, there are numerous others that

Published August 21st 2019 by Westland

To ask other readers questions about How I Almost Blew It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How I Almost Blew It

Start your review of How I Almost Blew It
Venkatesh Sankararaman
Sep 21, 2019 is currently reading it
Sidharth’s book (“How I almost blew it”) is a refreshing take on the startup scale and growth journey. It is grounded in reality and actual events and captures the ring side view that is otherwise un-available for most budding entrepreneurs. It is also very well compiled to provide perspectives across many sectors and many different type of growth paths. Kudos to the style of writing that makes it a very easy read and gives us an impression that we are watching the various conversations unfold ...more
Yashas
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has been an eye opener! As an early stage entrepreneur, it's fascinating to read about the ups and in particular the downs that the most successful entrepreneurs have faced in their journey. The details provide incredible value insight to future entrepreneurs for their own journey. In particular Deep Kalra's experience with funding and an economic downturn goes to show that grit is ever so important when running a startup. This is a must must read and cannot recommend it enough for ...more
Anurag Vijayvergia
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading this book, it gives more perspective of the lives of entrepreneurs beyond what we read on the internet. The conversation between the author and the entrepreneur feels personal and the author has done an amazing job in explaining things wherever required.

A must-read for anyone how wants to understand the entrepreneurship world.
Siddhartha Lodha
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the book. It goes little deep into some startup stories from India. Would have loved to see more depth/details around the stories and not just some anecdotes from their journey. I would love to see something like "The everything store" for an Indian company.
Peeyush Jain
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great account for Indian Startups spanning across generations from Sify to Freshworks and Delhivery.. Though the book got monotonous somewhere in between, it again gained interest towards the end. A recommended read for entrepreneurs!
Saloni Malhotra
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read for every young entrepreneur in India! Real stories and lessons to build a solid business in India for India ...
Nirav
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's all about Indian start ups and their struggles to make them successful.
Sachin Santhosh
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biographies, business
Gems of lessons from near failures. Ideal for someone who is open to learning from others mistakes
Krishna Agarwal
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a read! A must for anybody to understand the kind of times the startup world in India has navigated & why its best time lie ahead.
Aditya Rao
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great simple to digest read, that inspires you in two very simple ways

1. Your problems in life are nothing new. You are nothing special. Better people than you have been in the ditch you are in. That insight when it hits you is kinda humbling and also exhilarating because you now feel that this too shall pass!

2. Just showing up, and surviving long enough to ensure your business doesn't die out is actually the simple game plan.
Zaki Ansari
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been serving in the consumer Internet space since 1995. So, this book was sweet nostalgia. That it would be, I could tell while scanning the contents page: One chapter, after another, is dedicated to the founder of a company responsible for fanning India's own Internet romance.

However, what did surprise me is the way author Sidharth Rao has surgically extracted the substance of each company. Sidharth has a format where for each company, he has a section that talks about how the company
Anuj Bhansali

• That Will Never Work: The Birth of Netflix and the Amazing Life of an Idea
  • The Firm: The Story of McKinsey and Its Secret Influence on American Business
  • Value SaaS Basecamp Guide: An Indian founders guide to achieve first $10K MRR
  • Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know
  • Raavan: Enemy of Aryavarta (Ram Chandra #3)
  • What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence
  • The Infinite Game
  • The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you
  • Mossad: The Greatest Missions of the Israeli Secret Service
  • Where Some Things are Remembered: Profiles and Conversations
  • Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy
I was 19 when I started Webchutney, India’s leading digital agency as its co-founder and CEO.

Ranked as India’s #1 digital agency for eight years by the Economic Times & Brand Equity, Webchutney works with some of the leading brands and companies in India including Flipkart, Google, Uber, Swiggy, WeWork, Ikea, Under Armour, Airtel, Tata Sons, Whirlpool amongst others.

In 2008, I incubated