Start by marking “Dragged through Hedgerows (Songs of the Amaranthine Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Dragged through Hedgerows (Songs of the Amaranthine Book 3)

Dragged through Hedgerows

(Songs of the Amaranthine #3)

He had one job. Becoming a family pet wasn’t it.

For the sake of his people, Daroo-fen has lived among humans, working as a lawyer in a little mountain town. He’s vowed to protect the surrounding woodlands, no matter the cost. But in the course of duty, he meets a man who needs help … and a friend. Too long a loner, Daroo cannot keep away, but there’s a fine line between
Published October 4th 2019 by Twinkle Press

To ask other readers questions about Dragged through Hedgerows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragged through Hedgerows

Start your review of Dragged through Hedgerows (Songs of the Amaranthine Book 3)
Jessy
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful look into the world of the Amaranthine

I've loved every one of these but this one feels special for a different reason. Thought the others were lovely myths and legends, this is a small tale of a single family and one hopes that there could be many such all across this interesting world. That hits me right in the gut and makes me really happy for reasons I can't explain.
Kathy Martin
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charles Cooper has come back to his hometown with his two children after his marriage fell apart. He is feeling lost and lonely and determined to make a good life for his children Coop and baby Rose. He married young and has spent the past eight years or so as a homemaker. Now, his wife Ally decided that she wanted something different in life and threw him out. At least, she let him take his children. Charles is adrift in a sea of grief for the loss of a life he loved.

Daroo-Fen, who is also
Krista
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I had no idea where this book was going, lovers? Friends? Heartbreak?
I just had to go with the flow and shed my traditional expectations and appreciate the love and intimacy that unfolded in this gentle story.
Once again, a strong portrayal in a beautiful world where it is ok to snuggle and draw comfort from the same sex, and it doesn't have to be 'dirty" or tainted. Its just love and commitment. Although it seems to always be between m/m or f/m, not really f/f. Is that on its way?
MLL
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Not worth the money.

This is the most expensive book by this author and it doesn't even make sense. Why does Daroo-fen live alone? Why is he isolated from pack? It is so unhealthy and not the wolf way. It doesn't make sense and there is no explanation.
All the other books by this author got 5 stars from me but this one while cute and sweet was entirely unsatisfactory because it was pointless and illogical.
Also when he outs himself it makes no sense. Why did he change? Who was he talking to? Who
Fides Mabanta
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet...

And delicate as always. The Amaranthine books - all of them, so beautifully illustrate new ways and new worlds of loving and existing and cherishing one another. Of holding and being held. I always feel permission to be softer, more giving, to trust and be vulnerable and to open up to myself and the magic of the worlds, after I read any of these lovely, lovely stories. Thank you, author forthright
Margaret
Songs of the Amaranthine are short stories whereas the main Amaranthine Saga series are all novels.

Most of these works (both short and long fiction) are of the boy-meets-girl variety. Dragged Through the Hedgerows is also a love story and it also deals with lonely people but it is not a traditional romance story.

Suffice it to say that I enjoyed it enormously and I highly recommend it to all urban fantasy fans!
Maria
Daroo-fen is working as a lawyer, when he approaches a grieving son about his inheritance. But seeing the family's need, which matches his own, he first becomes a friend.

Why I started this book: I hadn't realized that Forthright had published another novella. I bought it immediately and started reading.

Why I finished it: Charming. Fun to ponder the possibilities of adopting a werewolf as a family pet. Especially if you didn't know... and then found out.
Leslie Sexton
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this wonderful world that Forthy has built for us to play in. This is her latest addition to her Ameranthine series. It was delightful, the characters were lovely and my only disappointment was that I wanted more. I read this entirely too fast! I don’t go into the whole plot on my reviews as I don’t like spoilers. If you are a fan of her novels and short stories, I’m sure you will love this one too. Two lonely souls that need each other.
Sonja Okada
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always magical

I am sure I have lived in something like a world with Amaranthine, either as a child or in another life. The magic in this world always touches my heart, with both familiarity and gentle awe. Please, please, good readers, do not go another moment without adding these stories to your life!
Kingohats
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This is probably the first time in the Amaranthine series since the first published book that I've actually liked what I've read, and that sucks because it's short. Seriously, write a novel about a dude becoming the family pet and everyone healing from their issues, not the jangled mess of plots that happen in the main books!
Michelle
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

So far I have thoroughly enjoyed every story of the Amaranthine books published. The only bad part is the wait to enjoy the next one! Hopefully we will get many more wonderful stories!
Nii
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Again, beautiful story

I am always surprised at how every story intrigues me such that I haaaave to keep reading. I always need to choose my days carefully so I can read a lot! Love this family very much! Thanks for writing and sharing.
Shannon
Perfect

Forthright's stories are such a wholesome read, all fluff and yearning and dreams. If you want to read something that feels like coming home then I definitely recommend these books.
Arista
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pure magic

I cried. It was beautiful, pure magic. Thank you for another wonderful addition to my digital bookshelf, I can't wait for the next trip to this magical world.
Beth Russell
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick romp but not quite as enjoyable as the others in the series. The story just didn’t feel balanced somehow, like something vital was missing but you couldn’t quite put your finger on what.
Alaska
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always read forthright

The day it comes out. Buy it. Devour it and then start over because it is so delicious and beautiful you have to read it again. It is so so so lovely. —ak
Indira Rivera
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome. Wish for more of this particular family.
Vitalija
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet story

Very sweet story in very Forthright style. I enjoyed it. Recomend it for enyone who likes [shounenai] genre.
Just way too expensive for it's length.
Lisa B
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely, as always

Sweet, lovely and enjoyable, as have been each of the Amaranthine stories. Can't wait for the next, hope it's sooner rather than later!
Joanne Watkins USA
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this world

Another beautiful glimpse of this truely unique world. Forthright continues to deliver stories that capture your heart. Daroo, Charles, Coop and Rosie are perfect.
Erica Barnes
Oct 05, 2019
Stacey
Oct 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Magic Outside the Box (The Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #3)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Dark Matters (Class 5, #4)
  • Tomes Apprentice (The Tomes of Kaleria Book 1)
  • The Wind's Call (The Broken Lands, #4)
  • Magic and the Shinigami Detective (The Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #1)
  • Wyrde and Wayward (House of Werth Book 1)
  • Charms and Death and Explosions (oh my!) (Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #2)
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Between Frames (The City Between, #4)
  • Between Floors (The City Between #3)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Between Jobs (The City Between, #1)
  • Between Homes (The City Between, #5)
  • Toil and Trouble (Modern Magick, #2)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • Minor Mage
  • Steel Heart: A Jesse Alexander Novel
A teller of tales who began as a fandom ficcer. Known for page-turning adventures with romantic inclinations, forthy brings her usual warmth and enthusiasm into brand new avenues with original works like the Amaranthine Saga.

As a reader, this account is where I rate and review manga.

Songs of the Amaranthine (3 books)
  • Marked by Stars (Songs of the Amaranthine, #1)
  • Followed by Thunder (Songs of the Amaranthine, #2)