Start by marking “Hate Crush” as Want to Read:

Hate Crush

They call him the devil.

When I crash-landed into him on my first day at Loyola Academy, I was sure that couldn’t be true.

He was the most gorgeous man I’d ever seen in real life.

Little did I know he was also the cruelest.

I went from starstruck to stunned the moment his cynical eyes cut through me.

I can’t tell you what it was that made him want to punish me. But from th
Expected publication: November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hate Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate Crush

Start your review of Hate Crush
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540

God I don't know what it is with me and books lately!! I had such high hopes for this one, one look at the author and remembering how much I loved CROW by her I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

BUT I really struggled.. He took the cake with being an arrogant asshole, and she just came across weak with wanting to please everyone which in the end made it hard for me to connect with her character overall and I found myself just cringing through most of the book. Their interaction just came acro
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

I love Zavarelli's books, her crazy stories always make me want to bite my nails out... And again, she managed to leave me with my jaw on the floor!!! 👑💘👏

I have a thing for 'bully' books - so when I realized it was *also* taboo, I was SO curious... Both her teacher AND her bully?! It's so fricking original, damn it! 😱🔥

📚 ''𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆, 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆. 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱𝘆. 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲.'' 📚

Stella LeClaire is starting her senior year at a new prestigious high school, 'Loyola', where mon
A. Zavarelli
Nov 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
1 Day Until Cover Reveal!

Release Date: November 21st

Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four stages of Forbidden romance - Lust, Denial, Passion, Guilt and Ash explores each in depth with her trademark flair for gut wrenching angst and frustrating intentions.
This one is an off beat norm for her, and a standalone to boot. I just fell in love with Stella LeClaire. She's back trodden but not for long. She has a lot of fight and grit in her, despite her tender age and horrendous familial background. She's trapped, first by her parents' induced guilt and then by "Mr. Lucifer Hot Teacher of Doom Carter."

Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ratula
3.5 stars!

I have read A. Zavarelli for years and have LOVED her stories. They can range from mafia to contemporary - if she writes it, I will read it. For that reason, I was intrigued when she said Hate Crush was a bully romance as bully romances are a weakness of mine and a trope I can never get enough of. Sebastian and Stella were delicious, sexy and their banter was engaging.

But while I enjoyed the story and found them to be compelling, I did find that their connection was somew
Mirjam
Aug 21, 2019 marked it as to-read

The smell of freshly sharpened pencils isn't the only thing in the air this school year. Class is in session, and Stella LeClaire is about to get schooled.

queen_of_the_books_18
I love A Zavarelli’s books but this one unfortunately didn’t hit the spot for me.

When I saw it was a bully romance I was like sign me up! I can’t get enough of them. I was intrigued and couldn’t wait to dive in. Especially when I saw that it was a bully student teacher romance! I love both of those tropes so I was dying to read.

What I loved was Sebastian and Stella. I loved the dominant possessive side to Sebastian, but I felt like their connection could have been developed more. I wanted to f
Bee
5 STARS!

He is undoubtedly Satan, but I want him, no matter the cost to my soul.

Where the hell should I start? Yep, Ashleigh did it again, she managed to render me speechless. She wrote a book that I read in under 24 hours, yet again. I promised myself I'd savor this but we all know that when a book is fucking awesome, no promises matter anymore. And now that this has ended, I'm left with aclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Someone call the fire department- there's a five-alarm rager over here! 🔥

“Say yes, sir.”
“Yes, sir,” she breathes.
“Say I’ll do anything you want, Mr. Carter. Anything you tell me.”
She swallows, still trying to resist me, but ultimately caves in just as I knew she would. “I’ll do anything you want, Mr. Carter. Anything you tell me.”

Sweet baby Jesus. My breathe actually caught in my throat. The chemistry between Sebastien and Stella was off the charts.

The push and pull Sebastien/>“Say
Laura Lee
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I thought I was burned out on student/teacher, older/younger books. But this book was so unlike all the others. Had me hooked and unstoppable from the get go.

This couple truly deserved each other. Putting the taboo aspects aside, Sebastian and Stella have had their fair share of tragedies in their life, yet they go together perfectly.

Hate Crush is a page turning story that was well written and with just the right amount of steam.

4.5 Stars
Melissa Crump
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wickedly forbidden with a splash of deliciousness. Who doesn’t love a forbidden romance, a teacher/student romance, an older man/younger woman romance? It’s the perfect combination with sides of hot and mind blowing scenes that will melt your e-reader.
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read an A Zavarelli books before and loving them I just knew I had to give this a read and damn I love it! I love it so much.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review

Stella is an amazing woman, no matter what she goes through during this book she’s strong. All she’s ever wanted is for someone to be proud of her, someone to love her for her and to be the best she could be. Her strengths shine through this book especially at the end and I respect the hell out of her.

Sebastian, what
Tracy
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, every book she writes A Zavarelli continues to amaze me with her wonderous stories. No matter the age. Love is love. Stella and Sebastian had such a strong connection from the start. No matter age or social standing. Emotional connection is one of the strongest feelings that you can't fight. The struggles of their lives seemed to be the complete strain and destruction of their relationship. A Zavarelli weaves an incredible story with so much anticipation and angst. You just want more a ...more
Paula D
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. It’s different from the usual bully books and that made me enjoy it more! Very angst, sexy, intense story that I never wanted it to end. Stella is going to a new high school and promises her dad she will make him proud. What Stella didn’t expect is to have a hot, sexy, mean teacher that at first sight she can’t seem to forget. Loved the chemistry and even the drama cause it made the story perfectly. 5/5 So love me on fire stars
Kari Davis
Hate Crush by A. Zavarelli is just one more read to add to my list of why I love her writing. I love that she went off on a completely different path from what she normally writes. If you love bully romances you might have found your next read. Add in a sexy student-teacher forbidden romance and you have a winner.

Hate Crush is about Stella LeClaire who is being dropped off by her distant parents for her senior year at Loyola Academy, basically a boarding school for the rich. Stella right off th
Debbie Hanson
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-review
A.Zavarelli
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Holy crapbags, that was so freaking amazing, Ashleigh has always has a way with words and I think this just be her best work yet. I’ve never read a character I hated and despised as much as Sebastian Carter, yet couldn’t walk away from reading – he reeled me in and spat me out just as he did with Stella. Even writing this review is troubling… but in its best form.

If you’re looking for a sweet romance, this isn’t for you, but if you want a ride like th
Hanan
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so much more than a bully/taboo story.
It’s also about two broken people trying to live or going through life the best they can.
With what has been handed them.
Sebastian is a strict no nonsense teacher at a prestigious school.
He’s good at teaching but he’s not really living his full potential.
He is one hundred percent alpha.
He is one hundred percent dominant.
And most of the time he is an a$$h**e.
Underneath all his tough mean layers thoug
Kat
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Gods, this book is so wickedly decadent, and so, so good. I loved the story of Sebastian and Stella. Even when I didn't so much like the characters themselves.

"As far as Sebastian Carter is concerned, I have no doubts there will always be pleasure and pain."
~Stella~

Sebastian, wow he is so many things. Total alpha a$$hole being one. When he wants something he gets it, nothing standing in his way. At times totally irredeemable, but at others just broken. Sebasti
Amy March (Between the Screens)
Oh. My. Goodness.

I adored this book. It’s smoldering hot, packed full of molten passion that is sure to set any taboo lovers soul on fire. I crashed and burned for Stella and Sebastian, their beautiful and emotionally devastating love story is pretty darn amazing.

Stella is beautifully naive and painfully innocent, a spitfire with a heart of gold, she’s undoubtedly lovable. For as warm and open as Stella is, our hero is as equally cold and closed-off. Sebastian Carter is r
Misty Schott
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a fantastic read!!!

Stella is going to be spending her senior year of high school at Loyola Academy. Her parents expect her to take the path they have chosen for her, she really wants to be a photographer, but she is a people pleaser so she decides to do as her parents wish. The first time she runs into (literally) Sebastian Carter she is taken with how handsome he is, until he opens his mouth and basically berates her in front of the class. He's her teacher, but she can't h
Athena
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

Full review to come
JESSICA ~Snuggly Bear Paws~
One of my favorite authors. I'm never disappointed when I read her books. They just keep getting better and better everytime. I had a love/hate relationship with Sebastian but I ended up loving him. Can't wait for the next book from this author.
Miranda Hillers
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the chemistry between Stella and Sebastian. Their story is so much more than words I could describe. I felt sorry for Stella and Mr. Carter was a real pain in the ass. But I get it why they were attractive to each other. Thank you A. Zavarelli for this hot bullying story. I really enjoyed it. You are one of my favorite authors!
Steffy
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy and I leave a review voluntary.

Okay damn! I don’t even know where to beginning with this book as I’m fangirling so much!! This is my first A Zavarelli book and I’m very upset about that. Why did it take me so ling to discover her?! I shall remediate this by reading her other books ASAP.

So, Hate Crush was everything I wanted it to be and more. It is a fantastic bullyish book with a domineering alpha and a kick ass heroine. If you’re into this trope seriously jump
Thelma
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sebastian and Stella's story is a roller coaster of emotions with a high dose of angst, passion and intense chemistry of these wonderful characters

Stella is a lost soul, her parents don’t care about her or anything at all just about money and appearances. Both have to drag her to their own mistakes and illicit ways but there was always an angel around ready to save her at the most heartbreaking moments let’s just hope this angel doesn’t break her too

Sebastian is lost afte
Diane Yoz
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hate Crush is Commanding, Risque and just SOOOO GOOD!! This story robbed me of a good night's sleep.  A few days later and I am still thinking about Mr. Carter and Ms. LeClaire!!
*warning*  BOOK HANGOVER!
Hate Crush evoked so many different emotions. I wanted to scream at Sebastian and Stella, I was heartbroken for them and all the unfortunate events in their lives. I wanted to smack so many of the other characters but wanted to reach out and hug some of them too.  I was excited about what was h
Shelley
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely crushed it❤❤❤❤❤

Wow, this book is amazing....it has all the feels going on, some serious behind the scenes drama and one non-labelled taboo relationship.....what’s not to love❣This book wasn’t anything that I expected it to be when I first started reading, but much like a flower in spring it bloomed and I was entirely captivated watching as it all unfolded🌹

Stella and Sebastian were everything I never expected to find in this story and I absolutely loved it and couldn’t put
Katy Tinnin
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! If you haven't read this book yet, read it right now! This book had every single thing I love. Sebastian was the triple threat: sexy, bully, teacher. Stella refused to bend to his bullying. I loved how she stood up for herself when nobody else would. The story was fast paced and sucked me right in and I HAD to read it in one sitting.  A. Zavarelli knows how to write a book that is so intense, you can't help but to feel like you're right there. And that's how it was with Hate Crush. Each wor ...more
Manoela
3.5 Stars

I really like this author's books and when I saw that her next project was a forbidden love affair between teacher and student I knew I had to read.This book runs away from what I'm used to from it which are the mafia books, but this is not a bad thing. I liked the premise of the story and found the book sexy, and quick to read. I liked the book but couldn't love it.

Sebastian and Stella are two complex and secretive characters. And while I could feel the attracti
Gonewiththeromance
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My black heart will always be yours A.Zavarelli😭😭😭
“He’s undoubtedly Satan,but I want him, no matter the cost of my soul” - this quote sums up my obsession with Zavarelli’s books, no matter the cost I always read her book in one sitting, my eyes hurt, my heart is full and I always end up loving the story. Hate Crush is something very different from this author, it’s a whole new level of perfection she mastered. I can’t tell you what I loved more characters chemistry or their hate to each ot
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Kisses and Wishes: One Holiday Wish / Collared for Christmas / Stolen Mistletoe Kisses
  • Aries (The Zodiac Queen, #1)
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love Book 2)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Winter Tales
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Before You
  • Damage
  • Collateral
  • Idle Bloom
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • All He'll Ever Be
  • Sanibel Heat (Fanged Ménage, #1)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
  • Renata Vitali
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When she’s not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli
Never miss a release by