Start by marking “Hate Crush” as Want to Read:
Hate Crush

Hate Crush

They call him the devil.

When I crash-landed into him on my first day at Loyola Academy, I was sure that couldn’t be true.

He was the most gorgeous man I’d ever seen in real life.

Little did I know he was also the cruelest.

I went from starstruck to stunned the moment his cynical eyes cut through me.

I can’t tell you what it was that made him want to punish me. But from
Published November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hate Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate Crush

Start your review of Hate Crush
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540

God I don't know what it is with me and books lately!! I had such high hopes for this one, one look at the author and remembering how much I loved CROW by her I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

BUT I really struggled.. He took the cake with being an arrogant asshole, and she just came across weak with wanting to please everyone which in the end made it hard for me to connect with her character overall and I found myself just cringing through most of the book. Their interaction just
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

I love Zavarelli's books, her crazy stories always make me want to bite my nails out... And again, she managed to leave me with my jaw on the floor!!!

I have a thing for 'bully' books - so when I realized it was *also* taboo, I was SO curious... Both her teacher AND her bully?! It's so fricking original, damn it!

''𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆, 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆. 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱𝘆. 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲.''

Stella LeClaire is starting her senior year at a new prestigious high school, 'Loyola',
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
I want to eat her alive and right now, she can sense that. But I’ll never admit it. I’ll never admit that she gets to me. I just need her to know that she’s mine toy with for as long as I want, and that’s all there is to be said about it.

I love me some A. Zavarelli. The woman knows how to right books that just hit the spot for me each and every single time. There's something about her writing that's like catnip for me. I don't even bother to read the blurbs to her books, they're an
Funda Demir
A. Zavarelli
Nov 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE!!!

NiCoLeTa E.
***3,5 "Cherrybomb" stars***

This is the first time that I'm reading A. Zavarelli, except of her Boston mafia series which i loved very much, and I was so curious about how she will deliver this story!!!
You see, I'm a sucker for bully romances and for the first time, i was reading a bully romance book but with a teacher and a student... Another delicious taboo, i can add!!!
The story had much interest, and it had good potentials!!! I found myself enjoying it very much!!!
I just wasn't feeling the
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bully-romance
This is a bully romance - Teacher and Student and age difference romance all rolled into one.

Sebastian and Stella's relationship is complicated as both characters are very complex and flawed.
I wanted to shake Sebastian at times, he certainly fitted his role as bully, but as you read further and further you love to hate him. Stella is a bit of a quirkycharacter, but has a big soft heart. Together they create a romance full of drama, angst and intense attraction.

Hate Crush won't dissapoint fans
Dilek VT
Nov 22, 2019 marked it as never-no-way  ·  review of another edition
The hero is a f*cked-up person. He is a man-whore but he wants the girl he has a crush on to be a virgin so that he can brand her, claim her. He is a bully teacher, doing all the cruel things a 13-year old boy would do and he gets away with them. When she has a financial problem and decides to sell her virginity, he is the one who buys it. And later, he gives her a necklace that says "OWNED"...

Oh there is more, there is more. These are just a few examples that show how delightful the book is! It
Snow
forbidden romance
age difference
enemies-to-lovers
one of my fave authors
one of the most infuriatingly/alluring/complex/complicated bullying anti-heroes

yeah, after Salacious, and Crow, this is exactly the rush I like in my books by Ashleigh Zavarelli
"I knew you were poison the first time I saw you, but I wanted to drink you anyway."

yeah, meet Mr Sebastian Carter, your next forbidden Hate crush

yeah, it's not a perfect story, far from it...

it has some disputable, arguable situations, sentences,
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four stages of Forbidden romance - Lust, Denial, Passion, Guilt and Ash explores each in depth with her trademark flair for gut wrenching angst and frustrating intentions.
This one is an off beat norm for her, and a standalone to boot. I just fell in love with Stella LeClaire. She's back trodden but not for long. She has a lot of fight and grit in her, despite her tender age and horrendous familial background. She's trapped, first by her parents' induced guilt and then by "Mr. Lucifer Hot
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ratula
3.5 stars!

I have read A. Zavarelli for years and have LOVED her stories. They can range from mafia to contemporary - if she writes it, I will read it. For that reason, I was intrigued when she said Hate Crush was a bully romance as bully romances are a weakness of mine and a trope I can never get enough of. Sebastian and Stella were delicious, sexy and their banter was engaging.

But while I enjoyed the story and found them to be compelling, I did find that their connection was somewhat stilted.
Mimiorphee
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019
“I knew you were poison the first time I saw you, but I wanted to drink you anyway.”

So, here am I, clearly in the minority...

I've been a huge fan of Mrs Zavarelli's work for years. Her mafia stories never fail to enthrall me to no end.

Stella is barely 18 when she starts her senior year in her boarding school, Loyola. Her path seems all traced by her parents. But,failed by her dysfunctional family, she adapts, fights for what she thinks is best for her.

Sebastian is her teacher. Moody,
Allyson
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just want to start by saying Thank you AshleighA. Zavarelli for the ARC!!!! I have a lot of different emotions with this book, there is the age difference, horrible families, suspense, lies, love, bulling, and some karma thrown in there that has me all over the place. I wanted to throat punch Sebastian but then I wanted to hug him close. Stella was strong character for her age and what she has already been through. These two together were off the charts hot!!! Oh and let me also tell you how ...more
Mirjam
Aug 21, 2019 marked it as to-read

The smell of freshly sharpened pencils isn't the only thing in the air this school year. Class is in session, and Stella LeClaire is about to get schooled.

Phuong ✯
I don't know how to love you gently. I only know how to love you on fire.""So, love me on fire." My nails scrape over his scalp as I arch into him. "Let us smolder until we both turn to dust."

[**SPOILER**]

This whole book was really questionable. The characters all do to questionable things. The main characters are in a very dysfunctional relationship with each other. And I kind of questioned my sanity that I enjoyed even parts of this story. All the characters in 'Hate Crush' are
queen_of_the_books_18
I love A Zavarelli’s books but this one unfortunately didn’t hit the spot for me.

When I saw it was a bully romance I was like sign me up! I can’t get enough of them. I was intrigued and couldn’t wait to dive in. Especially when I saw that it was a bully student teacher romance! I love both of those tropes so I was dying to read.

What I loved was Sebastian and Stella. I loved the dominant possessive side to Sebastian, but I felt like their connection could have been developed more. I wanted to
Alla
Got a bit worried for a while there while reading this one. Had a feeling that it would be a bit of a let down for me first after I started it, but it ended up being really good the further into the story I got.
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read an A Zavarelli books before and loving them I just knew I had to give this a read and damn I love it! I love it so much.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review

Stella is an amazing woman, no matter what she goes through during this book she’s strong. All she’s ever wanted is for someone to be proud of her, someone to love her for her and to be the best she could be. Her strengths shine through this book especially at the end and I respect the hell out of her.

Sebastian, what a
Dísir
The bully-love-hate-teacher-forbidden mega trope romance is a not-so-secret catnip of mine, so ‘Hate Crush’ seemed like a good idea at the time. And to be fair, I did have an idea of what this was going to be and there were no illusions (at least, not too many) about it turning out to be a sweet, salty thing with an easy, kissy ending.

Like the blurb suggests, Sebastian Carter has found a target in Stella LeClaire, the new girl who is only part of the elite and rich crowd because of the strings
Bee
5 STARS!

He is undoubtedly Satan, but I want him, no matter the cost to my soul.

Where the hell should I start? Yep, Ashleigh did it again, she managed to render me speechless. She wrote a book that I read in under 24 hours, yet again. I promised myself I'd savor this but we all know that when a book is fucking awesome, no promises matter anymore. And now that this has ended, I'm left with a gaping hole in my chest and apathy that is going to feel crushing soon.

This book tells the tale about
April Symes
Hate Crush by A. Zavarelli is a deliciously tempting teacher/student romance, one's that's an older man/younger woman romance. It’s a brilliant mix with sides of steamy and mind blowing scenes that will totally fry your e-reader completely. You have your dark, raw and brooding alpha (Sebastian) plus your beautiful, smart and sweet heroine (Stella).
When you get these two broken souls together, it's like watching fireworks go off. They are electrifying!! Seb was horrible to Stella. He was
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Someone call the fire department- there's a five-alarm rager over here!

“Say yes, sir.”
“Yes, sir,” she breathes.
“Say I’ll do anything you want, Mr. Carter. Anything you tell me.”
She swallows, still trying to resist me, but ultimately caves in just as I knew she would. “I’ll do anything you want, Mr. Carter. Anything you tell me.”

Sweet baby Jesus. My breathe actually caught in my throat. The chemistry between Sebastien and Stella was off the charts.

The push and pull Sebastien dealt out
Laura Lee
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I thought I was burned out on student/teacher, older/younger books. But this book was so unlike all the others. Had me hooked and unstoppable from the get go.

This couple truly deserved each other. Putting the taboo aspects aside, Sebastian and Stella have had their fair share of tragedies in their life, yet they go together perfectly.

Hate Crush is a page turning story that was well written and with just the right amount of steam.

4.5 Stars
Ayala Neeman
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#Hate #Crush
#By #ashleigh #zavarelli
#Taboo # & #dark #romance

Wow Wow Wow what I went through with this book Only me and God knows יודעים

What is it? So much so that when I finished reading I settled my breath and went back to reading selected sections again.

The story is # taboo # teacher_student.
What was so special about it that made me so hot ??
Already sharing .....

Our heroes are Stella and Sebastian
# Stella is a 17-year-old girl sent by her parents to graduate from a prestigious
Melissa Crump
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wickedly forbidden with a splash of deliciousness. Who doesn’t love a forbidden romance, a teacher/student romance, an older man/younger woman romance? It’s the perfect combination with sides of hot and mind blowing scenes that will melt your e-reader.
Keri Loves Books
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOT! SEXY! FORBIDDEN! And a BROODY ALPHA! Hell YES! It doesn't get any better than this.

Stella is starting her senior year at Loyola Academy, the elite boarding school. Her mother has a plan for her. Her future has been all mapped out. Her father told her it's her shot to follow the path laid out because he has sacrificed everything to get her there.

Her first day sets the tone. Mr. Sebastian Carter is her teacher. He has a reputation for being tough and ruthless. Her first impression makes her
Amy March (Between the Screens)
Oh. My. Goodness.

I adored this book. It’s smoldering hot, packed full of molten passion that is sure to set any taboo lovers soul on fire. I crashed and burned for Stella and Sebastian, their beautiful and emotionally devastating love story is pretty darn amazing.

Stella is beautifully naive and painfully innocent, a spitfire with a heart of gold, she’s undoubtedly lovable. For as warm and open as Stella is, our hero is as equally cold and closed-off. Sebastian Carter is rough, damaged, filthy
Shyralf
3 Stars! Teacher/Student romance. Was just meh for me. ...more

• Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Enemies
  • Heartless Hero
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love Book 2)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Dreams of 18
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • The Imperfections
  • Confess
  • Cruel Boy
  • Collateral
  • When Rivals Lose (Bayshore Rivals #2)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When she’s not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli