Start by marking “Temporary Wife Temptation” as Want to Read:
Temporary Wife Temptation

Temporary Wife Temptation

(The Heirs of Hansol #1)

Much more than he bargained for…

“You want me to find you a wife?”

“No. I want you to be my wife.”

Garrett Song is this close to taking the reins of his family’s LA fashion empire…until the Song matriarch insists he marry her handpicked bride first. To block her matchmaking, he recruits Natalie Sobol to pose as his wife. She needs a fake spouse as badly as he does. But when
Published February 4th 2020 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about Temporary Wife Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temporary Wife Temptation

Start your review of Temporary Wife Temptation
Talia Hibbert
This is the second modern-day marriage-of-convenience story I've read in the last six months, and just like Jodie Slaughter's White Whiskey Bargain, Temporary Wife Temptation flew into my top 10 books of all time. I'm beginning to think this is my ultimate catnip trope, and Jayci Lee executed it with perfection in this sexy, emotive, super-romantic book.

Reading a fantastic category romance is like a shot of the good stuff straight to your heart, and this one was definitely fantastic. It gave me
Ivy Deluca
description
Oh man I really liked this. It’s that “oh noes we can’t have sex….ok well maybe once...ok lets have lots of sex but no love….damnit! I’m in love and I can’t tell you!” push and pull that I dig because you know it’s going to pay off. Yes, there’s a comfort to this type of storytelling, one I enjoy greatly.

I have such a soft spot for fake marriage turns real trope. The Firsts aka (Meet/Kiss/Love Scene)? Great. With a touch of angst, but not too much, Garrett and Natalie’s romance had instant
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I read this for the Lunar New Year Readathon and enjoyed it so much. The chemistry between Garrett and Natalie is ON FIRE. Theirs is a fantastic marriage of convenience romance, with a great dose of angst and grovel at the end. It's a fairly quick read–it is a Harlequin category romance–and while I wish we could've had more time with the story so parts would be more fleshed out, I really loved getting to know our main characters and their families.

Natalie is strong heroine, capable of going head
Maria Rose
Temporary Wife Temptation by Jayci Lee is a sexy modern marriage of a convenience romance and a solid debut by a new author to the genre.

Garrett Song knows what’s expected of him by his traditional Korean family – to take over the reins of Hansol, the family’s fashion retail dynasty as CEO. To do this, his grandmother has planned an arranged marriage as part of a business deal to merge with Vivotex after which she’ll promote him to CEO from his current VP position. But Garrett wants to have some
Stacee
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I do love a good fake relationship story and I love this cover, so I was thrilled to read this one.

I really liked Natalie and Garrett. They’re both driven and a little people dumb and it’s amusing to see them try to figure out how a relationship works. I loved Garrett’s family and the culture that came with them. I especially loved his sister and I’m really hoping for a companion book there.

Plot wise, I was left wanting more. The chemistry is nearly instantaneous and thankfully they do spend
Sophia
I can always be enticed by a fake engagement ala arranged marriage scenario. But add other elements such as traditional Korean family, office romance, and new to me debut author...I had to snag it.

Temporary Wife Temptation is the first of the Heirs of Hansol series about a traditional Korean American family in the fashion industry. The first to get his story is promising businessman Garrett Song who honors his family right up to the point his grandmother announces she has arranged a match
Kayla Brunson
The marriage of convenience trope is one of my favorite tropes to read about so I was super excited to get my hands on this. This was a decent debut and I loved that our couple were POC.

The chemistry between Natalie and Garrett was explosive from the first time they met and it kept building through this short book. I was begging them to act on their feelings so many times. They also balanced each other out with their personalities. It was a good time reading about Garrett, who was so opposed to
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: feb-2020
I overhyped this book so much and was disappointed by the pacing and characters who kept gasping and putting their hands to their mouths to show shock or how the male character blamed her to push her away even if he knew there would be no way she could have done it....
Tina
Feb 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Not even gonna lie. The cover is what caught me. That cover is pure sexy fiyah!
Never Without a Book
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Romance is not a genre I read, but I am very happy I gave Temporary Wife Temptation by Jayci Lee a go. Although the overall plot became predictable early on, I still ended up enjoying this novel and that’s a lot coming from a non-romance lover. I rolled my eyes once and that’s huge coming from me. I would read more for this author.

Many thanks to Harlequin Desire for this gifted copy via NetGally, in exchange for an honest review.

Wendi Lee
This was such a cute book! Readers know right off the bat that Natalie and Garrett are perfect for each other, but the fun is watching them fumble towards this realization. It also helped that both of them were such likable characters. Indeed, I liked everyone - with perhaps the exception of Natalie's niece's grandparents, who are fighting Natalie for custody.

The real struggle for Garrett and Natalie happens after the wedding, when they constantly fight against their attraction to one another.
Sunny
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first read featuring Korean Americans written by a Korean American. So well done, bringing in enough cultural input to feel authentic to me without it become the crux of the story. And the steam, wooo-wee, this is steamy. I could read this again and again.
nick
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, adult
With its absolutely stunning cover, Temporary Wife Temptation is a book that just begs romance readers to pick it up. Jayci Lee's debut novel does not disappoint and delivers on the marriage-of-convenience trope beautifully.

To get his meddling grandmother and her arranged-marriage proposals off his back, Garrett enters a deal with the woman in the running for the VP of HR at his company - in exchange for temporarily marrying him, he will ensure that she gets the job that she desperately needs.
Frankie
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hero’s grandmother wants to marry him off to a woman of her choice. Hero who is anti-marriage decides to enter in a fake marriage with heroine who is fighting to get custody of her niece.

The story was interesting in itself since I don’t think I ever read a Korean Hero/heroine before, but it fell flat for me and lost my interest when you get Hero’s POV of how heroine is not his type (aka not attractive enough, etc.). How can I believe in their attraction & love after those thoughts? For me,
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
This was such a fun read!! Fake marriage for interesting, individual reasons and adhering to cultural expectations-what could possibly go wrong?!

While oodles and oodles of sexy chemistry between Garrett and Natalie kept me on my toes with ‘will they, won’t they’ moments, I enjoyed their relationship growth best. Garrett fought falling for Natalie tooth and nail, but his actions spoke louder than words and his sweet side was adorable to watch in action. Natalie wasn’t a doormat either. She kept
Bethany
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

If you want a romance you can read in one sitting and enjoy a good fake marriage trope, definitely check out Temporary Wife Temptation! This was a satisfying romance and I love the way Korean culture is seamlessly integrated. Would love to see more like this coming from Harlequin.

Garrett Song is a handsome Korean man who doesn't believe in love and plans to stay single, but in order to become CEO of his family's company and avoid a marriage arranged by his grandmother, he
Bree Hill
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This book isn’t BAD. I think if it could’ve been maybe 100 more pages longer, and I had just a bit more character development and back story with the heroine Natalie, it may have been a four MAYBE EVEN five star read for me. There is something really sleek and sexy about this book, WAY before any sexy times happen which doesn’t happen until I believe over 150 pages in. Quintessential marriage of convenience/fake marriage romance; two people in it for their own motivations and taken aback when ...more
Kari
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, for-review, 2020
3.5 stars rounded up
Temporary Wife Temptation was just what I needed on a cold rainy afternoon. I was quickly sucked into the tale of Garret and Natalie who agree on a marriage of convenience. Each character had their own motives and will do anything they can to reach their end goal. This is a really slow burn romance. I'm talking slow and steamy! If you are a fan of those, then this is for you. I enjoyed watching the couple fall for each other even though they fought it with everything they
Latifa Morrisette
This book was amazing. This is my first book by Jayci Lee and it blew me away. This book is a Marriage of Convenience for both parties involved. The imagery this book provides is amazing and I can't wait to read more from this author.
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2019
Natalie just wants to adopt her niece after her sister passed away, when a promotion at work comes up she knows she's perfect for the job and she's willing to do whatever it takes... even fake marrying her boss.

Garrett has sworn never to fall in love because he doesn't want to end up like his father. He just wants to be CEO of the company his grandparents built. But his grandmama has other plans when she tells him she has a wife picked out for him. He refuses, telling her he already has a
Cathy Geha
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Temporary Wife Temptation by Jayci Lee
Heirs of Hansol Series #1

Arranged marriages...would YOU want one? I wouldn’t…
Marriages of Convenience...would You want one? I don’t think so

So…

Why would two attractive people in this modern age opt to move into a situation that would put them together 24/7 and create havoc with their hormones KNOWING that they should not succumb to one another even though both feel the chemistry?

AND then…

Throw in a bit of
*cultural information
* a hunky and wealthy Korean
Debby (Alwaysbooking)
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 the perfect power couple stars!!
This is my first book by Jayci Lee and it was rather delightful, I’m not going to lie it started out just a little rocky for me. That may have been because there was no way to get to know these characters individually at first like you would in a full length novel. You get to meet both while they are both meeting each other, and it takes off from there. I know the novel is a bit shorter than most so that might have something to do with it. I love marriage of
Wendy
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin for a copy of this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Garett Song is SO close to taking over as the CEO of his family fashion empire in LA until his grandmother insists he agrees to her arranged marriage first. Determined to find his own wife, Garett strikes a deal with Natalie Sobol, the interim VP of HR at his company, who has her own agenda for agreeing to this fake marriage. What starts off as an act soon turns into real feelings ...

Anyone a fan of
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher***

3.5 Stars

Garrett and Natalie need one another, and a marriage of convenience will seemingly solve both of their problems. Garrett needs to get out of an arranged marriage and Natalie is trying to look better to the courts to get custody of her niece. So, both of them have good reasons for needing the relationship and for the rest of the world to think that they are married.

But, as often happens in fake marriage romances, both of them get more than they
Kelli (what_kel_reads)
Today is my tour stop for Temporary Wife Temptation by Jayci Lee. This book was released on February 4, 2020. This book is part of the Harlequin Desire series. I was given a copy from NetGalley and Harlequin in exchange for my honest review.

Synopsis (from Goodreads): Garrett Song is this close to taking the reins of his family’s LA fashion empire…until the Song matriarch insists he marry her handpicked bride first. To block her matchmaking, he recruits Natalie Sobol to pose as his wife. She
Cheryl
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Natalie and Garrett were so good together. Although, they moved fast with their relationship I could feel the chemistry between them. It was hot. Hot enough to light a candle. However, it felt right too. What I mean by this is that sometimes I am not a fan of characters in a story instantly hooking up within the first couple of chapters of a book. It does not feel authentic if not done right. In this case, it was right.

I am Korean. So, I appreciated reading this book. However, I was not raised
Chasity
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so in love this book!! It was so good and I could not put it down because I had to know what was going to happen next and I loved all the sides characters!! I heart Garrett and Natalie together and the passion building up slowly between them!! I highly recommend and I’m ready for the next book to come out!!
Isha Coleman
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Temporary Wife Temptation opens emotions to all the possibilities that romance has to offer. Lee joins the conversation with her sassy characters, witty delivery and sometimes unconventional outlook. Natalie and Garrett are a breath of fresh air that taps into the heart and refuses to let go.

Meg
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, fast read!
Nicole N. (A Myriad of Books)
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

This might be one of the first Harlequin books I've read in years. I did enjoy the book (it was so spicy!), but I thought there were some inconsistencies, maybe some plot holes, and time just moved too quickly for me.

Full review will be posted here and on my blog.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Pink Heart Societ...: March Book Club Meeting! 5 21 Feb 17, 2020 09:38PM

• Her Homecoming Wish
  • Witness Protection Widow
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Open House (Uptown, #2)
  • Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World
  • Colton Baby Conspiracy
  • Colton's Lethal Reunion
  • A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • Blame It on the Billionaire
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • Teach Me
  • Stay with Me
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Sweet Surrender
  • When Less Becomes More: Making Space for Slow, Simple, and Good
  • Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy, #3)
  • Because You Love Me (Just Because, #2)
Jayci Lee writes poignant, sexy, and laugh-out-loud romance every free second she can scavenge. She lives in sunny California with her tall-dark-and-handsome husband, two amazing boys with boundless energy, and a fluffy rescue whose cuteness is a major distraction. At times, she cannot accommodate real life because her brain is full of drool worthy heroes and badass heroines clamoring to come to ...more