Start by marking “The Ronan Scrolls (The Dragonmaster Trilogy, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Ronan Scrolls (The Dragonmaster Trilogy, #0.5)

The Ronan Scrolls (The Dragonmaster Trilogy, #0.5)

They burned my brother on a stake.
For this reason, my grief and questions drive me to study his “mental condition,” starting in the Northern Network. I must scour Antebellum from top to bottom in my search to understand his life and decisions.
My burning questions cannot be ignored—my restless heart and soul crave answers. He died from this strange ailment. Or, rather,
Published December 2019 by KC Writing

To ask other readers questions about The Ronan Scrolls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ronan Scrolls

Start your review of The Ronan Scrolls (The Dragonmaster Trilogy, #0.5)
Stars In Her Eye
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Ronan Scrolls is a companion piece to the Dragon Master Trilogy that gives enduring a look into the scientific side of magic.
Ronan the Traveler seeks answers after his brother is burned at the stake for seeing the future. In a world where dragons roam and witches are real, even having the sight is seen as madness and dangerous. But Ronan cannot agree. He will travel all of Antebellum knowing his brother cannot be the only one who can see the future. The scrolls herein relay that story.
I
Sam Shaw
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Ronan Scrolls is the perfect short story companion to Flame, FLIGHT, and upcoming FREEDOM by Katie Cross.

HOWEVER, more than that, it is bold and brilliant. If you haven't read any of the Dragonmasters Trilogy, don't worry. This could be your way in. Ronan, the plucky, bookish, main character bent on discovering the truth about his brother's mysterious illness, has one of the most heartwarming character arcs. No spoilers, but... wow. Stunning. He's adorable.

The discoveries made along Ronan's
Sharon
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
More secrets of the Antebellum world are revealed through the eyes and experiences of Ronan, who throughout this novella seeks to find the answers that might help him understand, even atone for, his twin brother's death. Driven by guilt, intellectual curiosity, and hope, Ronan strives to set aside his fears and discomfort as he travels throughout the Networks to seek information about witches who posses (and hide) a unique magic. Ronan's notes reflect his desire to remain objective and ...more
Kelly
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me until chapter two to adjust to the style of writing Katie used for this book. Once I got use to it, the story took off like a rocket. I feel like I have learned so much about waters and defender and the way the different networks live. The story not only tells you information and stories, it also causes you to think about ideas and what you believe is true or made up about the magic Ronan is researching. You are on a journey right along with him and get to meet so many different ...more
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, wonderful book! For me this didn't feel like a novel...in a good way. It really feels like you are reading the journals of Ronan as he journeys around Antebellum searching for answers about the mysterious powers his brother had. This book explains a lot about the Watchers from the Dragonmaster Trilogy and the Defenders as well. I don't want to say too much more and spoil it, but every Antebellum fan should pick this up! And if you aren't an Antebellum fan yet, you should pick up ...more
Darcee Henstock
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such an amazing novella to add to the Dragonmasters series! Ronan gave us new and wonderful insight into the watchers and the defenders. If you haven’t read any of Sanna and Isadora’s stories yet, never fear! This book is a stand alone and a great way to suck you into this world. Written in a very different voice than Flame and Flight, it offers a whole new view on the strange magic of the watchers. I loved it and I think you will enjoy it too!
Nati
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
After his twin was burned on a stake, Ronan is determined to find more about some kind of unknown magic. His brother Ronan claimed that he could see paths and the future and they thought he was crazy. The more Ronan learns about these Watchers the more at danger he is. Will the truth finally be know?
Jodi
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me early by the author for an honest review. This book is part of a series. It can be read as a stand-alone but would be better if the read in series order. It is a wonderful read that will take you on a journey of magic, bravery, and love.
Amanda Hagerty
added it
Oct 27, 2019

• Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands
  • Inspiring Curiosity: The Librarian's Guide to Inquiry-Based Learning
  • Small Time Crime (Mercy Watts Mysteries Book 10)
  • Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance, #2)
  • Witchin' Around The Clock (Wicked Witches Of The Midwest, #15)
  • Nasreen's Secret School: A True Story from Afghanistan
  • Educated by Design: Designing the Space to Experiment, Explore, and Extract Your Creative Potential
  • The Girl in the Scarlet Chair (City of Affection #1)
  • The Mystery of Black Hollow Lane
  • Torpedoed: The True Story of the World War II Sinking of "The Children's Ship"
  • The Stolen Boys (DI Jackman & DS Evans, #5)
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
  • Inside Out & Back Again
  • Walk Two Moons
  • Up to No Good (The Siren Island Series, #2)
  • On Mystic Lake
  • The Grownup
My world revolves around my husband (who is a major hottie), my precious kids, my Vizsla’s who act like children, and the mountains.

I wear hiking boots instead of heels when I need to feel powerful, and on a bad day, I love a weightlifting workout. Actually, I love it on a good day.

I don’t eat bread because my thyroid doesn’t like it, although there are days I miss it. Especially ciabatta. Sweet