Start by marking “I Never Planned on You” as Want to Read:
I Never Planned on You

I Never Planned on You

(I Never #1)

Dani had her entire life planned out by the time she was thirteen. She was going to marry the boy who stole her heart – her brother’s best friend – have a great life, and live happily ever after. Then tragedy struck and Dani had to bury those childhood dreams in a pine box along with the love of her young life.
The memory of what she lost haunted her until she disappeared
Published August 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about I Never Planned on You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Never Planned on You

Start your review of I Never Planned on You
queen_of_the_books_18
Have you ever read a book that makes you emotionally sob and comfort eat within in the first few chapters? Well look no further because I Never Planned on You has just secured its spot in my top reads of 2019.

This is a story of heartbreak and love, hope and acceptance, learning that it’s ok to love and be happy again.

I couldn’t believe it when I was told that this was Stefanie’s debut book because her writing is just beautiful and heart wrenching. I found myself crying hysterically and then
C. Lymari
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an early ARC of this book.

Okay wow. Where do I start with this book?

I Never Planned On You was a very emotional read.
The story starts with our heroine Dany and the love of her life. Or so she thinks because sometimes fate has other plans.

When the one thing that she always fell back on, her safety net and love of her life get taken from her Dany runs away. This creates tension between her and her brother (who I have claimed as MINE.)

When our girl comes back the first thing she
Nikitasbookreviews
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-betas
I’ll just start by saying that this is actually my first Stefanie Jenkins book and I can’t wait to dive in!
Dani and emmett are so freaking cute together gahh!!
Omg wtfff just happened?!? my heart literally just cracked into tiny pieces!!!
I am literally in tears right now omggg!!
Okay at this point I’m only at 15% in the book but holy shit stefanie’s writing is amazing! I can’t stop crying! Her writing is seriously wrecking me right now I literally feel like these are my own emotions!
Why am i
Alley Ciz
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To quote Ron Burgandy "I'm a glass case of emotions."

Holy crap the emotional rollercoaster Stefanie takes you on with this book is out of control. I swooned, I cried, I raged, I laughed, and all those back again. You read it and you're like there's no way this book is Stef's debut it's just too good.

Your heart goes out to each and every one of the characters in this story. You want to hug them and slap them at the same time at some points in the book.

Kyler is the type of hero you know he was
Becca Steele
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FIVE ***** STARS
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I Never Planned on You. Where do I start? This book made me feel ALL the emotions. Stefanie Jenkins took me on a rollercoaster. From the beginning I fell in love with Dani and her childhood sweetheart, and then my heart was ripped out. I felt everything along with these characters. Watching Dani evolve and come out of the other side, and meet the swoony Kyler... I was rooting for them SO hard!
Be prepared for this book, it will give you ALL the feels! And some very sexy scenes
Deborah  Kimberley
Oh my world!!!! Talk about all the feels, and I do mean ALL of them.
I was given a copy of this book as an ARC. After talking to others who’d read it before for the author, I thought I knew what to expect. I was wrong. Completely, totally and utterly. WRONG. Talk about raw emotion!!!!
This book is everything. It completely wrecked me, and wrung every emotion possible from me.
I started it this morning and finished it a couple of hours ago. The housework went out the window, the hubby and sons are
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
Talk about coming onto the scene in a big way, Stefanie Jenkins does just that with I Never Planned on You! I don't even know where to start with this book, everything about it is absolutely phenomenal!

Dani, oh man was my heart ripped out right along with hers, it still hurts for her. Dani's story is heartbreaking and raw. Jenkins makes you feel everything down in your soul. Heartbreak like Dani went through is difficult at any age but at the age of 17 is more devastating beyond words. To have
Athena
5 STARS

I don’t think I can find the appropriate words to explain the emotional rollercoaster this story put me through. The tears, the heartbreak, and the happiness I felt while reading this book was overwhelming! I couldn’t put it down!

I Never Planned On You is an EPIC debut romance novel by Stefanie Jenkins that I highly recommend reading. I loved every moment!!! I Never Planned on You by Stefanie Jenkins will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
Kari Davis
I haven’t sobbed like that with a book in a long time! Damn it this book is brutal, heartbreaking brutal. But it’s also beautiful and heart touching. Stefanie Jenkins who are you? This is a debut novel, I kept saying to myself get the hell out of here! This woman can WRITE and is a amazing story teller. This book is going to test you in so many ways, be prepared to be put through the wringer. I had to take numerous breaks because I couldn’t stop the tears. I felt the pain of the characters. It’s ...more
Suzanne
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure what it was about this book but omg, I was on the verge of tears the whole time. Not out right cry, but really close. And for me, that is HUGE. My heart broke but my heart also mended with this stunning story of finding that epic love, loss and overcoming so much to open your heart again to love. I couldn’t imagine the pain that Dani and everyone endured in this story. With how things played out, I honestly could not blame Dani for doing what she did. Seeing and breathing all the ...more
Brenda Hawkins
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shirley Cuypers
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, arc-beta, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Stefanie Jenkins and Give Me Books Promotions!

I Never Planned On You
is the first book in the I Never series and tells the story of Danielle and Kyler. Danielle lost the love of her life and will she ever be able to love someone else?

I Never Planned On You is the first book I’ve read by Stefanie Jenkins and I cannot believe that this book is her debut novel. I Never
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
I was given the opportunity to read an early copy of this book. This is a debut novel for Stefanie and once you read it you'll ask yourself "are you sure this is her first book."

You will get sucked in from the very first page. It is so well written, you feel part of the story, the characters are relatable and well developed.

Now be ready for intense emotion.. you WILL feel it with this book. You are right there feeling everything with the characters.
If you love a book that will rip your heart
Christina
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book from a new to me author. I instantly fell in love with Emmett, so much so that when the book did that twisty thing they sometimes do I still pined for him. He was sweet, and you could tell he truly loved Dani, as she did him, even if they were quite young. Hey, when you know, you know. My heart went out to Dani and all the characters. I kept thinking how can they come back from this? How can someone pick up the pieces and come back from the brink of heart-ache and dispair?
You meet
Stephanie
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay y'all be prepared...GET THE TISSUES!!!

This book made me an emotional, blubbering mess but it was amazing. Jenkins did a fantastic job of making you feel every emotion possible during this book. She wrote the story and characters so beautifully. I can't wait to read more from Jenkins!
Lisa Louise
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An emotional and endearing story that captured me from the start.

A story of strong young love, loss and moving on.

Dani and Emmet had a love that was so sweet and moving i honestly didnt think Dani would find another love that was equally great has Emmets but oh boy in comes Kyler and he is one hell of a man.

I loved this book it has amazing character's and is written beautifully, i so cant wait to read book 2.
lowkeyreader
Read this book and Stefanie will rip your heart out. It’s amazing this is her first book and for sure this ain't her last one that I read! There was so much rawness in this book, and I loved it!

This started out really sad, Danielle lost her love at such a young age leaving only their promises. Dani’s story is so heartbreaking, raw, and emotionally real. I was invested, my heart was in pieces and I just cried, I cried for her and her loss. You get a glimpse of what she had with her first love and
Diane
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stefanie Jenkins delivered such a heartbreaking , raw and beautiful story. I cried so much reading this book. Definitely an emotional story. Definitely a must read. Beautiful job Stefanie Jenkins. Can't wait too read more from you.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
So many emotions! This book tore my heart out, stomped on it a few times. I felt every emotion that Danielle felt. It’s hard to write this review without giving something away. This book was a roller coaster. I felt their joy and happiness, then wallowed in their pain and and grief, then felt the healing and then happiness again. This is proof of the great writing in which the characters feel so real. This book was different in that, for me, it started off amazing and later in the book it wasn’t ...more
Carmen Richter
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't say enough good things!

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a crier when I read. I'm just not. So when I tell you that you're going to need a box of tissues when you read this book, believe me. And maybe have a spare box.

I seriously have no words to describe this book. I fell in love with Dani and Emmett immediately, and even reading about how happy and in love they were broke my heart, because I knew what was coming. And when it came, so did the floodgate of tears as I grieved with
I Dont Get Sundays
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This book ripped my heart out. I felt every tear Dani shed. I wanted to hold her and tell her that it will get better. I loved Kyler, this easy going guy that loves his sisters. He had a special relationship with the women in his family and I believe that is exactly what he needed to give Dani a second chance. He was patient and kind when she needed a friend. He was aggressive and took control when she needed a man. This was a very good and easy read, through the unshed tears of course.
Gabrielle
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay first of all if you’re about to read this book stop and grab some tissues because Stefanie will rip your heart out (in the best of ways). What a storyteller. It’s amazing this is her first book.

This book had me emotionally invested so early, and the characters really jumped out of the page. They were so relatable and felt like dear friends!

Dani and Kyler are so perfect for each other, their love is honest and raw and will have you shipping them the moment they meet

If you want to have
Victoria Weston
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I've read by this author and I didn't know what to expect. However i'm
extremely glad I did as this book was a beautiful read. This book is written fantastically so be prepared and to shed some tears.

This is book #1 I Never planned on you.

Dani has had her life planned out just how she wanted it since she was very young or she though that she had that was until fate, life stepped in and decided no, things change.

Danielle goes through a hell of a lot, she goes through
Emeline Kelly
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is emotional. If I had a ‘Top Emotional List’ this book would hands down be #1. Once you read the blurb you know what’s coming so from the very first pages the tears were flowing. Stefanie Jenkins took you there, made you live it, had your heart fall in love with theirs and just rip it to pieces. There is so much pain, and heart break, and love and rebuilding. This book makes The Notebook seem like a rom-com.

I highly recommend this book!

I also recommend picking up some tissues and eye
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
I Never Planned On You I found to be a beautiful love story with love and loss, and finding the strength to not only begin again but to find love again. I loved following Danielle's story first with Emmett, then with Kyler. As the first book from this author that I read, I found the writing to be full of emotions and well worth reading. Be sure to have tissues handy, as they will be needed.
Nikkita
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this story, had exceptional writing the storyline was awesome. I fell in love with the characters, Kyler especially had my heart! Looking forward to reading book 2!
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
I Never Planned on You by Stefanie Jenkins
“Second chance at love, 4 stars”

Dani has had the soul deep forever kind of love. But it was ripped away from her leaving her a shell of who she used to be. She left home to find herself only to come back home and do what she left to do. She never expected Kyler. The question is, will she let him in.
Kyler has heard about Dani for years from his best friend. The mystery sister no one hears from, until one day she decides to come home. What he didn’t expect
Jenn Bonfadini
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the privilege of receiving an ARC of this book and let me just start by saying you better have a box of tissues ready at your side. It was a serious emotional ride. Stefanie takes you on such a journey of love, loss, heartache and devastation that had me sobbing at points.
Danielle is such a complex character dealing with such a loss at a young age and she handles it in the only way she thinks that she can, she runs away. For years, she has stayed away and avoided all contact with her
Ali Pierce
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dani’s story is heartbreaking, raw, and emotionally real. I was invested in her sorrow in such a way, I grieved for the dream she lost and the life she no longer knew how to live. My heart was in pieces, but I never lost hope love would prevail, and it did in such a miraculous way. I was hooked from the beginning all the way to the HEA. I look forward to reading future books by Ms. Jenkins.

Review of ARC provided by the author
Amanda
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the privilege of reading an early ARC of “I Never Planned On You” by new author Stefanie Jenkins.

This book left me speechless, and if you knew me, you know that leaving me speechless is a very rare thing to do. This book made cry (who’s chopping onions in my room), it made me laugh (karaoke anyone?) and it made me swoon so hard I thought my heart would explode (Kyler is bae).

Dani’s journey to a HEA is a roller coaster ride of emotions. One night her world changed forever, and then in
« previous 1 3 next »
Bargain Basement: $20 Amazon Gift Card and (1) paperback 1 4 Aug 22, 2019 03:06PM

• The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • The Truce (London Suits, #1)
  • Secret Smiles (Love in Sienna, #1)
  • For Three Seconds
  • Puck Performance (BTU Alumni #4)
  • Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)
  • It's Not Home Without You (Homecoming, #1)
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • The Awakened (The Awakened Trilogy, #1)
  • Tap Out: (BTU Alumni Book #2)
  • The Way Back Home (Homecoming, #1.5)
  • The Deal (London Suits, #0.5)
  • Rising Moon (The Awakened Trilogy #2)
  • Like Father Like Son (Father/Son Duet Book 1)
  • Different as Night and Day (Father/Son Duet Book 2)
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • You Were Always Home (Homecoming, #2)
  • Warrior Blue
Hey, I'm Stefanie Jenkins! Boymom of 2, Wife, Coffee Addict, Book Nerd, Hockey Fan and Writer of Contemporary Romance. I currently reside in Surf City, NC and absolutely love living at the beach.

I Never (3 books)
  • I Never Expected You
  • I Never Let You Go (I Never, #3)