Start by marking “Sweet Tea & Second Chances (Lovebird Café, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Tea & Second Chances (Lovebird Café, #1)

Sweet Tea & Second Chances

(Lovebird Café #1)

The boy next door is about to rock my world...again.

There's no room in my new life for an old flame. Especially not when the sparks still smolder.

But the only way to claim my big city future is by cutting ties with my small town past, and I find myself caught between a rock of regret and the hard planes of Robbie Jordan's chest.

I only need to survi
Published August 2019 by Tickled Pinkest (first published April 3rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Tea & Second Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Tea & Second Chances

Ashleyjayne
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed sweet tea and second chance, it was a light, romantic easy read. I really enjoyed casssie's character and loved rob's easy going boyish character, it was just what i needed to get me out of my reading slump. I found it a sweet heartfelt read.

The story is told in Cassie and Rob's pov and i found it easy to follow, i cant wait to read more in the in lovebird cafe series. This is my first time reading from dylann crush and have to say it wont be the last.

I want to say thanks to n
Aly
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To get the fund to start a new life, Cassie needs to fix up her grandparent's house and sell it. The catch is that the only construction company in town that could do the job belong to her once childhood friend and lover that she hasn't seen in over 9 years. The boy is now a man, and what a nice specimen of it, but he hasn't lost the smug grin that never failed to have an effect on her.

"This was my Robbie. He might have changed on the outside, shed his boyish outer image as he morphe
Glenda Kinard
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my but Dylann Crush wrote a scorcher with
Sweet Tea & Second Chances!!! Who said you can’t go home must have never been in Cassie Belmont’s shoes. Robbie Jordan: oooohhh that Robbie he is one guy worth going home for!!!
Sometimes you find out Love is worth it all.
For a laugh out loud, feel good book then Sweet Tea & Second Chances is definitely your book and certainly not one to be missed!! Wonderfully written by one talented author Dylann Crush this book will be in this reader’
Paula White
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love second chance romance books and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Loved Robbie and. Cassie - though at times I wanted to shake Cassie! The H and h hadn’t seen each other for 9 years and the separation back then was due to someone meddling. They rekindle their romance but Cassie has big dreams and think she needs to make them in Dallas. Luckily she comes to her senses and we get our HEA. I look forward to reading more from this series.

Thanks to NetGalley for the copy.
Linda Dunn
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never too late for Second Chances...

This second chance love story about Robbie and Cassie restored my faith in giving love another try. Time apart from each other did not lessen the love this couple have for each other. Cassie left the small town of Swallow Springs for something better in her life. So she left her childhood sweetheart and moved to the big City of Dallas. She left Robbie devastated and with a heart that would always be hers. Years later, Cassie finds herself back in t
Tonya Lucas
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a long time since I had a book which made me laugh so hard, I literally cried.
Sweet Tea and Second Chances is truly a sweet-sexy romance.

We all remember our first true love, what if you were giving a second chance to rekindle “the one love” that got away?

Ms. Dylann Crush is such a talented author she writes with so much spontaneity
and vitality, her books truly emulate energy.

I have loved her Books and I put this sweet-sexy romantic comedy right up beside her Holi
Renee
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I'm looking for a contemporary author to read, Dylan Crush is becoming one of my goto authors. This was a great story about second chances that had me reading well past my bedtime.
Saly
It pains me to rate a book this low, especially given I have really enjoyed this authors books in the past and given I know hard it is to write a book. But in all honestly, this didn't work for me and the reasons are several and all pertain to the heroine, who I HATED. The book is filled with all kind of caricatures: shady father, shady ex'es. The hero just seemed like a pansy who let the heroine treat him badly. I didn't understand what he saw in her.

I will spoiler the review just i
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)

Cassie and Robbie were two peas on a pod growing up. They were best friends and eventually sweethearts, falling deep into young love. Of course, things happened that caused them to split up. Nine years later, these mid twenty-year olds run into each other again when Cassie comes home to fix up and sell her grandparents home and Robbie is the contractor helping her. There’s nothing like a summer romance to rekindle feelings that never left, but when one of them is playing for keeps, wha
Jeeves
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Tea & Second Chances is most definitely a sweet romance, following a couple who have known each other since they were kids. Cassie and Robbie were childhood sweethearts, separated by a misunderstanding when they were teens. As they come face to face for the first time in nine years, they have to learn about each other as adults. Over the course of a summer, they prepare Cassie’s grandmother’s home for sale and confront their lingering feelings for each other.

I enjoyed much
Megan Morris
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Not everyone gets a second chance with their sweetheart who got away. Robbie knows that and is going to make the most out of the summer while Cassie is back fixing up her Grandparents old farm house.

Cassie has big dreams for herself that don't include Robbie anymore but she can't say no to a summer fling while she's back in Swallow Springs.

While Robbie tries to convince Cassie to stay and see her real dreams in front of her Cassie remembers the love and memories they once shared and starts to
Jacki

Part of a series: Lovebird Cafe
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Emily Pennington
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Cassie returned to her grandparents’ farmhouse in Swallow Springs, Missouri, and she wandered down to the pond only to see Robbie Jordan lying naked on the grass. He sure had filled out since they were kids! He said he was cleaning out some brush from around the pond for her, cooled off in the water, then was sun-drying himself on the grass. He hadn’t expected her until the weekend. Her plan was to fix up her grandparents’ old place, sell it, and use the money to start up a business in Dallas. S ...more
Karschtl
2,5 Stars

The title sounds like a nice chick-lit, but the cover makes it quite clear that it's rather a steamy romance. Still, I was quite surprised to read the word p*nis in the very first sentence already. Talk about what he could do with all the tools in his belt to various body parts of her begins pretty fast, which makes it seem as if their (mutual) physical attraction is the only thing going for these childhood sweethearts. Dylann Crush could have invested in more shared scenes that not only consi
Jackie Wright
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Dylann Crush and it won’t be the last I fell in love with the residents of Swallow Springs and I look forward to reading more in the Lovebird Cafe as well as checking out other books by this very talented author.
Cassie is back in the small town she grew up in to sell her late grandma’s house the only problem is it’s needs a lot of work before it can go on the market and the only construction firm in town capable of completing the job is run by Robbie w
Coco.V
Sep 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/26/2019)! 🎁
Misty Goan
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic second chance romance. This amazing storyline has sizzling sexy times with lots if fun and flashbacks of their childhood and first time around. I was addicted from page one in this must read romance with great likeable characters. I voluntarily reviewed this ARC

Georgia
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Tea & Second Chances is the first book in the Lovebird Cafe by Dylann Crush and it is wonderful romance that offers lots of charm, deep emotions, humor and sweetness. This is Robbie and Cassie story. I liked both these characters so much. Their attraction was strong and their chemistry generated lots of sparks. The storyline was engaging and fun but offers a solid amount of drama and emotional turmoil as this couples relationship evolves into more than they ever imagined.

I
Shirley
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great story!

Loved this book and the characters and actions seemed familiar to real places and times of my own growing up in a small town. Robbie and Cassie’s story had every emotion you could think of and the humor was an added touch. I’ve read all of Dylann’s. books and can’t wait for the next ones. Also the short story on the opening of the Lovebird Cafe was hilarious!
Lisbeth Skogly
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story of Cassie and Robbie! It is a sweet second chance at love story that has conflict, hurdles to cross, a past to sort out and a future to choose! I laughed, roled my eyes, got frustrated over their choises, and kept hoping for the best! Really enjoyed this story!

Christine
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC review I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. Cassie and Robbie have been in love with each other since they were 5yrs old ,but In collage they were torn apart now years later she is back in swallow springs and so many dreams ,hopes, and feeling are now brewing. Awesome
Tracy Fritts
Shelves: arc, booksprout
This is the first book in the Lovebird Cafe. Sweet tea and second chances is a sweet read. This was a delightful and easy to read. I truly enjoyed these two characters Cassie and Robbie. It was well written and a wonderful storyline. It kept my interest through out the story.

M Hurford
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Second Chance Romance Well Worth Your Time.
This story was a delight to read. The author wrote a well developed storyline that flowed nicely (meaning it made sense) from chapter to chapter. But most of all I really loved the characters from Swallow Springs, Missouri. As I’m reading I’m picturing the town, hearing the dialect, just enjoying the whole vibe...sort of a “Sweet Home Alabama” feel going on.
The fact that Cassie and Robbie have known each other since they were five you know they
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Absolutely Awesome Read, well written, great characters, Awesome story line, easy read to hold you on their journey, this genre might not be for everyone but its a really wonderful story cannot wait for more from this Author.

Tracey Tranter
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good, second chance romance.

A well-written and enjoyable read with a few laughs along the way.

Patricia Reynolds
This was a very well written easy read. The main characters had great chemistry and kept me reading to see how their story would end.

Anne Dwyer
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassie returns to Swallow Springs to fix up her Grandmother's house and sell it to fund a new restaurant in the city that she is planning with her partner, Parker. When she sees Robbie again, it brings back the heartache of their break up - for both of them. But all is really not as it seems. Why does his father hate her family so much? And just how much did he interfere in the past? Will Robbie and Cassie be able to get it sorted, or will she move on and break both their hearts? I loved this st ...more
Ashleigh
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a superb storyline that grabs you right from the start keeping you engrossed and on edge throughout the whole book!
Great characters that will keep your interest extremely well.
The chemistry, sweetness, and twists in plot kept things interesting. Add in drama and steamy passion and you have a good read.

All-in-all, you would not be reading reviews if you were not intrigued by the blurb, so I will stick with what you need to know:
You will find plenty of toe curling steam
Vinessa Wooten
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This first installment in the series is off to a great start.
Believing in something or someone other than the norm maybe hard but when it happens to you when you least expect it well watch out.

Cate at Fiction Beer & Cupcakes
I was given an ARC for an honest review. Thanks, NetGalley and Dylan Crush.

Cassie used to spend the summers with her grandparents and hang out with Robbie, the boy who lived across the pond. For Robbie it was heaven, as he had an escape from home as Cassie’s grandparent's property boarded his family’s. Robbie’s dad ruled with an iron fist as he was the town’s sheriff. Now a grown man he hasn’t seen Cassie for 9 years. Having come home from a college tour all those years ago, to a note from Cass
« previous 1 3 next »
Dylann Crush writes contemporary romance with sizzle and sass. A romantic at heart, she loves her heroines spunky and her heroes super sexy. When she’s not dreaming up steamy storylines, she can be found sipping a margarita and searching for the best Tex-Mex food in Minnesota.

Although she grew up in Texas, she currently lives in a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul with her unflappable hus

Lovebird Café (2 books)
  • Mud Pies & Family Ties (Lovebird Cafe, #2)